AAA
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

AAA Pay & Benefits reviews: Insurance Agent

Love my job, sometimes the politics gets in the way of productivity. Great benefits, great co workers, however, it’s best to understand that it’s job and not a love affair.
As my first job after graduating college and entering the insurance industry, I would say AAA was a good place to start. I learned a lot from my co-workers and gained valuable training and experience.
Pros
Benefits, commission structure
Cons
Lack of Career Advancement Opportunities
The leads you get have already been called on numerous times. You will work directly with a client to have your quote stolen from you and bound to another agent. Very stressful and if you don’t meet your numbers you will be fired. Every office is different. My manager isn’t in my office so all communication is done virtually so it makes it difficult to get clarity. Pay is decent. Compensations plane change a LOT. Potentially you could make great money but high stress and difficult to get started.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, High Stress
Great place to work, however antiquated technology and policies. Some offices have very different cultures, not always in a good way. Mine is spectacular but I know others that are not.
Pros
Pay and benefits are decent, flexibility
Cons
Computer systems are terrible, some policies seem outdated
Micromanage in every aspect. Cold calling. Company is way out of touch. High prices for rude customers. Commission does not make for the work they want you to put in. Company is for starting agents.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours cold calling
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Many changes since COVID and even before. We can no longer quote other carriers unless AAA can’t insure the customer. We are required to quote and sell AAA Smart Home Security Systems which most people aren’t interested in due to being home more and on a tighter budget because of the pandemic. We have a base salary plus commissions. Soon we won’t be paid commission for our insurance sales if we don’t also sell these alarms. This was a bad business decision. Many agents have left AAA. Their rates are high and it’s very difficult to make sales. Their quoting platform is clunky and more time consuming than a lot of other companies.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Unrealistic comp plan, must sell AAA Smart Home
There's so much expected to do and it becomes very stressful. It would be nice to get better pay for all the work you do. It's not fair to put so much on our plate and be underpaid bring back a better compensation plan
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Long hours and hard to take time off
Company doesnt pay any sick, vacation or holidays to agents. If you win any awards or trips for high production, you pay 1099 taxes on the trip. Many other states other than Colorado have better pay plans with compensation for sick, vacation and holidays pay. I was happy to leave and I'm working 1099 and making double pay than AAA
Pros
Good for beginner agents
Cons
No pay for sick, holidays and vscation.
Work-life balanceBeing a sales agent It is a very stressful position, we usually work lots of overtime and for someone who has dependents it could be very hard to balance your time. However, with all the stress it is very worth it! You can make very good money here and the job itself is not very hard. Would totally recommend for anyone looking to increase their income!Pay & benefitsYou are able to make as much money as the effort you put it. Leads are provided and better yet no cold calling!ManagementDifferent managers have different styles of course. I’ve had 3 different managers and they’ve all been great! Some push you more than others and that could also add more stress but you do benefit greatly from the managers who push you.OverallOverall life as an insurance agent with AAA could be very demanding and stressful but the potential to make money is amazing! The staff is usually very nice and helpful. I loved working for AAA.
● OverallNeeds Improvement. However, ability to make an descent income and benefits. Investment in diversity and management training could use improvement.. More upper management opportunities for minorities of color. Desire more flexibility in scheduling for family care.
Great people and benefits. Enjoy working with the people in the company. Very understanding about family and personal care. Very involved in community.
Benefits
Cons
Work work work and don't stop! Ensure that only some people get the calls; the one who kiss up. During COVID`19, those that are immunocompromised must still go in to the office, regardless of their issues. The main manager there doesn't care about what is personally happening and doesn't have a clue on how to manage.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hard to make commission
Great company with a long tradition. Not much room for advancement or job variety. If you are there, you’re going to be selling something. I feel I am treated fairly. Overall, very good job
Pros
Flexibility and benefits
Cons
Limitations on products
Poor training, pay, support and flexibility. Impossible metrics, your job depends on how many credit card transfers you make instead of how you treat the customers or your actual job. The independent agents are lazy and never return calls once you sign on with a policy. They are dumping more and more work on you every time you turn around and you make the same amount of money. And their ad will tell you that you will earn commission, you do not. They ended that. The only thing you earn commission on is a credit card transfer that is approved and if they spend $1500 within 90 days and who really knows if they do or not. It’s not like that is something you can check.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
All I mentioned above
We were told in the beginning that are $25 an hour would never go away the commission might change from time.And did take take 25$down to 15 per.either or commission. That even went fron 15% and dwindled down to 6% comp.Then took my weekends away and gave to new people that came in. Nothing at ALL is guaranty.Promises broken left and right
Pros
Not much
Cons
Most things and phones barely ring
excellent workplace with great teams. Fun with energy and great place to work.AAA has great benefits with may sales incentives and tons of opportunity.
AAA used to be a great place to work. Compensation was great, flexible schedules, no micro-managing, culture was great. Everyone was happy until the Site Director retired and they brought in new management. Compensation was practically cut in half, production goals increased to near impossible levels, OT is being restricted, less flexible schedules, stricter adherence, etc.
The company offers thorough and effective training. Management is knowledgeable and responsive to agent needs and concerns. I would recommend AAA as an insurance carrier. The company made changes to compensation that eliminated renewal commissions, this is the reason I left.
The compensation plan changes very often so you never know what to expect. If you have a family this is not the place for you because you have to be there to have a chance at making money. No paid vacation no paid days off no paid sick days just work.
Great benefits and cool place to work. Lots of commission opportunities. Must want to implement sales though because the company took me from service and added me to sales and if not good in sales could cause issues
they bring you in and tell you how much money you can make and send you off to training for 3 months before you actually start to make sales. once you go live as an agent you are basically left to survive on your own with very little direction from management. about the only motivation you will receive is "hit your numbers or you'll be placed on final". you will spend most of your time there, there is an expectation that you will work at a minimum of 50 hours of overtime from your manager.