AAA Employee Reviews for Member Services Representative

Found 72 reviews matching the search See all 2,205 reviews
Disappointing for a billion dollar club
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 15, 2019
I worked here for well over 2 years and watched the company go from good to bad all in a matter of years. Management is terrible if you approach them with an issue they use the deal with it or leave attitude. They simply do not care. And make you feel like your a disposable employee. They also play favorites your in no way going to advance if your not in the cool crowd. The culture is in no way what it used to be. The pay was one of the reason I stayed so long but even with the compensation plans changing it’s hard to hit metrics unless your cheating the system.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Management, and the culture
Nice place to work
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2019
It is a very nice place to work. Nice people, ok management, however compensation is not so great, especially if you are the only one to support yourself. Great benefits.
benefits
Cons
pay
productive and high pace work enviroment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 9, 2019
I highly recommend anybody who would like to work for triple AAA. Triple AAA has a wide variety of growth and offer great benefits for yourself and family.
Employees are cogs in the system
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 31, 2019
AAA is profit driven. Little care employees and members. They did not care is you have family life. When they needed you at work you had to be there. Little concern for the weather, having to pick up children from daycare. You are at work & post mandatory overtime during your shift and you better have someone else to pick up children from daycare. Promoted people to group leads and supervisors and managers but did not train them how to speak or care about employees. You could score a 100% on a call and they just could not good job, they would pick the call apart. I retired as soon as I was able.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Uncaring management
Worst professional career of my life
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 15, 2019
If you are looking to go in a career where you are put down and pretty much worthless, then this is the job for you. Supervisors don’t really care about you. They just want you to make them look good. Even had a supervisor tell me “ This must be your first professional job “ because I asked clarifying questions. I would rather work at a McDonald’s and be happy than to work in the automotive services of AAA northeast HQ. Good pluck those considering to work here. Money has is nothing to respect.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Member Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 1, 2019
Friendly management and supervisors. Hard part of the job is taking calls in a high volume call center, with frustrated members on most calls. Anyone who works here needs to have patience with the members.
It was good to know I was helping people that were in emergency situations.
MEMBER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 25, 2019
AAA is a great company with benefits and acted in the best interest of the customers and the safety of their families. Management was fair, to all employees and cross training was a must.
Not my cup of tea
Member Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2019
Training makes no reference to "adherence".
Adherence pertains to scripts,
accurate use of work time,
empathy.
Empathy is entirely objective,
Can be managed unfairly by young management teams.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Working third shift, wreaked havac on my health, I'm still trying to wait 90 days to "hpoefully" change my shift.
Great stepping stone into Travel or Insurance
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Every day has a few things that remain the same but you have to constantly switch gears and come back to what you were doing prior. Every branch office has a different feel to it and can range from 6 to 12 office employees more if you are in a Car Care Branch.
Pros
There are a lot of things to learn for insurance. Also, help others plan their domestic vacations or help with their insurance policies.
Cons
Hard to Advance due to low turn over in the corporate offices
Busy, lots of changing policies, not much room for advancement
Team Member for Emergency Road Service (ERS) (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTOctober 23, 2018
The facility was very nice. Work flow was extremely busy. During the winter season you're taking phone calls back to back for 8+ hours. Not much room for job advancement.
great company
Member Service Rep IV (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 3, 2018
Great company to work for.good benefits, nice building with onsite restaurant., good hours, and locationfriendly,opportuniies to promote with company.
Great coworkers, positive environment, productive, fun, opportunities for continued education.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 11, 2018
Open and prepare to accept clients for various requests. Cashiering, includes sales for attraction tickets, luggage, travel and insurance payments. Travel counseling for accommodations, car rentals, travel insurance and driving routes.
Pros
Surprising the client with better than expected service.
Cons
Desired higher levels of personal energy and improved memory.
Manhattan Management is horrible-
Member Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 1, 2018
The management in the manhattan office is petty, unprofessional and cruel and goes largely unaddressed by other branches. This is in spite of consistent complaints and constant turnover-having 9 people quit in two months due to the horrible manager.
I'm sure other branches aren't like this=as the one in Portland was not like this at all.

AAA is a great company to work for-just in this case-they have a bad apple.
Pros
Hours are consistent
Cons
weak pay, compensation isn't what they claimed it would be upon hiring. Benefits are ok at best
A friendly job with opportunites to work with great people
Member Representative I (Current Employee) –  Belleair Bluffs, FLJune 5, 2018
A typical day is opening the branch, organizing the office and putting out refreshments for our members and restocking supplies. In between working with customers, I would order and restock supplies and fill out audit reports. I have learned more about the AAA culture of providing service and support to our members and have increased my customer service and sales skills as a Member Representative. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fix every problem our members may have, I've had to learn to be flexible with that. My most enjoyable part of the the job is working with many wonderful people, employees and customers.
Pros
Discounts on certain travel and attractions.
Cons
Medical insurance could be better.
I love working at AAA
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 31, 2018
I love this job. The manager is very understanding and will find a way to work with your schedule as much as possible. He is a true team player. The moral in the office is great and he is very supportive. The company as a whole is very supportive of your dreams and your aspirations for advancement
Pros
Great Management, Best Life Work Balance
Cons
N/a
Relaxed at home
Member Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2018
I dont go into the office too often. I am a home agent. I have a great supervisor. I like my job. The hardest part of my job is controlling voice. The most enjoyable part is not having to go into the office. I work comfortably at home.
Big company, narrow sales focus
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2018
My job expectations upon beginning work were very different from those mentioned while interviewing.

The company wants to do well for it's members, but there is so much variance between individual offices that it is difficult to enforce effectively.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Service job now a sales job
It was meh.
Member Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOMarch 14, 2018
Terrible micromanagers too worried about what rule you COULD be breaking to notice how awesome their team is. When I left I lefts things were changing but really slowly. I just hope they got their act together.
Great people to work with
Member Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 5, 2018
The employees are joy to work with, and the benefits are great as they offer medical, dental, vision, as well as 401K. But for me personally, there is little to no room for advancement.
Yesss
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2018
Really great staff. Both coworkers and management are extremely nice and easy going. The hours got crazy, but lunch was always provided and it was a comfortable/caring job. Once when it was snowing really bad, they offered to put us all in hotels for the night, and they were going to shuttle us over to ensure we got there safely. Awesome company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight