AAA Employee Reviews for Travel Agent

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 2,193 reviews
Terrible environment
DOMESTIC TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 17, 2019
It was full of snooty people and if you didn't fit into their clique you were treated very passively aggressively. Things told to the manager in private were shared with the entire office staff. Great on the training but terrible treatment of employees.
Branch Manager/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 1, 2019
Fast paced work environment with lots of variety. Feel like you're part of the family. Good corporate support through various departments, like IT, marketing, etc.
travel agent
Travel agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
travel agency duties take care of walk ins, phone, make reservations cancelations documents, do airline report, work on groups and handle monetary situations. work with passports and intl drivers lic
good
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Highland, CASeptember 12, 2018
not bad good enough people are friendly low pay outdated polices.much duties for the return . kind of misleading in the training about the commissions
AAA Travel is wonderful
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 10, 2018
I work in the AAA travel department for my internship for college it was fun and very educational I wish I could have stayed and had a full time permanent placement it was a great experience I just wish it hadn't ended
Pros
you learn a lot and they with train you
Cons
I only work her for my intership
Productive and fun
Travel Consultant Agent (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 5, 2018
Amazing people and Managers, i loved all the happy people there. The fam trips were very educational and they were always willing to help you grow with the company.
Pros
Fam Trips
Cons
Underpaid for the work put in
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 18, 2018
Keep adding more to your workload and goals but never offer an increase in pay or advancement opportunities. Also, to much favoritism between certain staff causing conflict between some of the others.
Travel Agent
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTApril 14, 2018
Perks: Lots of paid training, some travel benefits, decent health care options, discounts, fun clients.
Cons: Very sedentary, very little advancement opportunities, very competitive sales environment.
High stress and unreachable goals
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 4, 2018
I was a travel agent and majorly of my job was fun and enjoyable when you are working with your customers. It’s very competitive with other travel agents in the office. We have such a high sales goal to reach. The travel agents that have been at the office for an extended period of time have established customers and if you help their customers you don’t get credit for the sale.
Pros
Warm and friendly environment
Cons
Work too many Saturdays
Positive Work Environment
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2018
Positive work environment with multiple opportunities for advancement within a well known, respected and reputable company. I enjoyed my time as an employee.
AAA Review
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHFebruary 25, 2018
AAA is a great company to work for . They offer great benefits. I have had the opportunity to advance within AAA. I enjoy the relationships I have made with my members. I do not enjoy the sales component within the job; that is the hardest part of the job. I want to stay with the company but do not for see any openings in the Concord area.
Sales and Service/Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 25, 2018
Working for AAA was a great experience for me I gained a lot of knowledge in varies fields which allowed me to hold multiple positions within the company.
Great place to work with longjevity
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
While under great management, I loved working for AAA. When I was on the insurance side, the managers were respectful to their employees and collaborated a great team. We all worked together. When I moved on the travel side in La Quinta, which was a different region, the manager was terrible and HR did not reprimand the manager to my expectations. This was the only problem. Bigger picture the CEO and vice president are AMAZING people to work for.
Training do not help if you can't keep up.
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 15, 2017
If your having trouble with your training they wont help at all. They method is to talk about how you messed up and front of the class. By the time your manager gets to the situation the head quarters including every other department knows about it, while still not helping.
overworked and under paid
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 23, 2017
Pay is not worth the workload and stress. Often times are forced to stay beyond closing times to assist with clients plans. Not informative of the commission program upon hiring. Must meet an extremely high quota before you are able to bonus.
Stressful and poorly paid
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 11, 2017
If you want slavery, this is the place to go. You work all day, stress all night, and don't get paid a dime. The few rewards they do give you they make it seem like they are kings for providing it. The people are petty, they complain constantly, and if you're under age 40? You'll be looked at like a idiot because you have an open mindset.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Salary, stress, workload, people, everything
Great place to work.
Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 5, 2017
Excellent employee training. Very structured work environment, but they treat their employees very well. Excellent benefits and discounts available to employees, plus a management career path if you are interested in moving ahead.
Pros
Great benefits, including a pension plan and 401K.
Cons
Hourly employees must punch a time clock and follow very strict rules regarding breaks and lunches.
Opportunities
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 31, 2017
AAA Travel provided an opportunity to advance to management. However, when my hiring manager transferred to another AAA Travel office, the new manager declined to promote from within. I earned the Regional Sales Award and a trip to Europe then left the company to open and manage my own travel agency.
No name
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 21, 2017
The company offers nice benefits.
Work/life balance is discussed, but not actively encouraged.
There is always a 'push' to take on more, and it can get overwhelming.
The best part of the job are the members.
Geico is a terrific company to work for.
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 17, 2017
Geico is a terrific company to work for. If you are looking for career advancement and can handle a demanding and fast pace environment, you can't go wrong by working at Geico.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight