AAA Employee Reviews for Travel Agent

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 2,227 reviews
Fun, Busy call center
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 31, 2015
The hours were good. People were very nice and ready to help if needed. The on-site training was great. Plenty of paid time off to use in case of illness.
Pros
Salary, Training, Benefits
Cons
very busy, beta testing new scripts
Great opportunity to start your career
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 11, 2015
Positive work environment, get company with great benefits. Level entry position and training is provided to grow your career within.
Fun place to work
Travel Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Hardest part was meeting goals. Enjoyable part was talking to customers about traveling. Typical day would be answering phone, distributing maps, tour books and travel supplies.
Productive and fun work place
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PADecember 17, 2014
Met with customers & answered phones to help customers with their travel needs. Company has hard to meet sales goals.
Glad to have a job, but it's not for me.
TRAVEL AGENT (Current Employee) –  AAA Texas Fort Worth, TexasJuly 2, 2014
During a typical day at work, I am pulled between what sometimes feels like 100 different tasks. I love multitasking, but it seems that there is too much to do. Between keeping up with quotes, answering the phone for new business, helping the clients in the lobby, email marketing, mail outs, cold calls, cold call, and email marketing follow ups, it's a lot. We also have pointless "meetings" every Monday 15 minutes before the office opens. These normal consist of the manager talking about what she did over the weekend, and hysterical laughing coming from her end. Nothing is celebrated, and only the lack of revenue is what the meeting is about...once the laughing stops. The office is very dysfunctional, and working here has made me struggle emotionally, and mentally. The manager's demeanor is very condescending, and nothing is ever enough for her. You feel like you're 5 when she speaks to you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the dysfunction that happens throughout the day. The best part about my job is that I get to help wonderful people with their travel plans.
Company tries on too many hats
Travel Agent/Travel Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
At first this was a wonderful company to work, great colleagues, great work enviroment, great benefits but company quickly changed and once employees got to a longevity status would be let go for various reasons so they can hire someone else at lower wages.

Company no longer focuses on the customer and their travel needs but how much money they can obtain from each person who walks in door. Forced to present/sale customers that would not benefit their needs for what they came in for. Especially in car care division. Staff told to "find something wrong" and present to customer, then "find something else wrong".

Company pratice deception to customers to get more money. Workplace became hostile and very gossip filled. Which hurt employees and their moral
Pros
great travel benefits
Cons
Company became obsessed with how much money they can obtain from each person who came in
Travel
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMay 25, 2013
The best part of working for AAA are the side benefits.
Free travel, heavy discounts and the company is very involved with the community.
However the goals are so high you can not reach them and if you don't reach your goals you don't get your commission. You could reach or exceed your goals in every field but be one policy away from your final goal and they would keep your commission.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Everything else
Nice place
Retail/Auto Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 23, 2013
Great place. Professional atmosphere. Knowledgable representatives.
Great people
Retail Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 1, 2012
A typical day is creating a memorable vacation for my members. I have learned how to build rapport with a client over the phone while still obtaining great sales. Time management is a big part of my day. I have to keep my phone calls less than 7 minutes and I also need to get back to my members in a timely manner. I love my coworkers; I think it’s very important to maintain wonderful relationships with your coworkers because you are around them most of the day. The hardest part of what I do is not being able to see your members. Building a relationship with your members is a big part of being a sales person and sometimes it would be great to meet the person on the other side of the phone. The best part of my job is being able to help people. I think it’s amazing how so many people trust you to put their vacations.
Wonderful place to work. They do many things for their employees all year round.
Group Product Travel Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 27, 2012
I was in the Group Travel Department and I would manage group tours and cruises from conception to completion including financials such as finalizing a Group or closing out a Group. Help Travel Agents with any questions or just reminders for clients final payment. Make sure invoices, checks from Agents/Clients matched Tour or Cruise Line payments. Created flyers for all groups online for both our internal and external website. I learned how to do the job I would have done for 2 - 4 people for 50 - 75 people. Learned about working as part of a team or alone. All of the people at AAA Mid-Atlantic were quite nice and pretty upbeat. We had fun while working in our department. We had enough work to keep us busy without feeling stressed. I would say that the hardest part of the job and most satisfying part of the job are one and the same which is finalizing and closing out groups. I enjoyed being a financial detective and it feels great when you find the one thing from keeping your group finances correct.
Pros
employee appreciation, t=shirts all year, christmas gifts and bonuses when possible.
Cons
working a long day on sat which is 9-5
Travel Consultant
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2012
This is not a very good company to work for. Management is more interested in your numbers than yourself.
Leisure travel agent
Travel Agent for the AAA Bridgewater (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 22, 2012
booking trips for AAA members- all types of leisure travel- cruises, vacation packages, etc