AAA Employee Review

Calif. State Auto Asso. -AAA
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 14, 2019
I was hired for a Partime DMV technician in 1989. Cross training is as big as cross-selling. Which is great, the days of one person specializing in one dept. (DMV old manual transactions) are over.
Today they close the dept. if computers are down.
When I left I was a full time, DMV TECH., AUTO TRAVEL (Maps, routing road trips, booking vacation packages, i.e Disney, Grand Canyon, hotel and reservations.) CASHIERING, Selling, upgrading, anding mems. to AAA memberships. Cross-Selling Auto, Homeowners, Renters, Life Ins., everything except Health ins., At the end of the day Balancing both AAA/DMV Drawers, Tally and evaluate your Cross-sells and membership quotas. Let, 's not forget the Daily phone Logg's and returning the calls.

I would love to work for AAA again, They're a great company to work for, with offices in almost every other city, Throughout the US. if I could focus on one maybe three things. 1 )Servicing the member, 2) Scrutinizing there DMV needs, 3) presenting them with answers, solutions, or clear documentation of there goal. All done With Clarity, not losing focus, because the membership is only holding a five-mile membership, and they're getting ready to travel to Disneyland, without enough mileage coverage, on their tow service card. And then upselling them the current Disney promotion package or that their auto insurance is expired, and they may want to pay that up before they began their travels.

All of which is great and provides a great service for the member if every DMV Representative is still doing it. I heard that Underwriting will be added
  more... to the list of Daily Duties.  less

Other AAA Employee Reviews

Good job just a bad environment and poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 17, 2019
The job wasnt hard and was pretty easy once you got everything down pack. My fellow workers and manager weren't so friendly in my opinion or helpful like they were supposed to be.
Good company
Member Relations Coordinator/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2019
Good company but my dept was closed and moved out of state. The work environment was very friendly manager and co workers always willing to help one another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight