AAA Employee Review

High stress and unreachable goals
TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 4, 2018
I was a travel agent and majorly of my job was fun and enjoyable when you are working with your customers. It’s very competitive with other travel agents in the office. We have such a high sales goal to reach. The travel agents that have been at the office for an extended period of time have established customers and if you help their customers you don’t get credit for the sale.
Pros
Warm and friendly environment
Cons
Work too many Saturdays

Other AAA Employee Reviews

Calif. State Auto Asso. -AAA
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 14, 2019
I was hired for a Partime DMV technician in 1989. Cross training is as big as cross-selling. Which is great, the days of one person specializing in one dept. (DMV old manual transactions) are over.
Today they close the dept. if computers are down.
When I left I was a full time, DMV TECH., AUTO TRAVEL (Maps, routing road trips, booking vacation packages, i.e Disney, Grand Canyon, hotel and reservations.) CASHIERING, Selling, upgrading, anding mems. to AAA memberships. Cross-Selling Auto, Homeowners, Renters, Life Ins., everything except Health ins., At the end of the day Balancing both AAA/DMV Drawers, Tally and evaluate your Cross-sells and membership quotas. Let, 's not forget the Daily phone Logg's and returning the calls.

I would love to work for AAA again, They're a great company to work for, with offices in almost every other city, Throughout the US. if I could focus on one maybe three things. 1 )Servicing the member, 2) Scrutinizing there DMV needs, 3) presenting them with answers, solutions, or clear documentation of there goal. All done With Clarity, not losing focus, because the membership is only holding a five-mile membership, and they're getting ready to travel to Disneyland, without enough mileage coverage, on their tow service card. And then upselling them the current Disney promotion package or that their auto insurance is expired, and they may want to pay that up before they began their travels.

All of which is great and provides a great service for the member if every DMV Representative is still doing it. I heard that Underwriting will be added
  more... to the list of Daily Duties.  less
Micro management
Emergency Road Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2019
Management is a joke. They don’t care about helping their members at all. It’s all about metrics with them. As long as the numbers are met who cares if the service provided is actually quality. I had high hopes for this job but they expect you to be a robot here.
Cons
Dead end, micro management, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight