AAA Employee Review

Terrible environment
DOMESTIC TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 17, 2019
It was full of snooty people and if you didn't fit into their clique you were treated very passively aggressively. Things told to the manager in private were shared with the entire office staff. Great on the training but terrible treatment of employees.

Other AAA Employee Reviews

Too much drama
Rep (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAJune 14, 2019
The people are nice to your face, but not so much behind your back. Workers are lazy and time wasters! Management's goals and visions do not align between departments.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Read the review.
Calif. State Auto Asso. -AAA
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 14, 2019
I was hired for a Partime DMV technician in 1989. Cross training is as big as cross-selling. Which is great, the days of one person specializing in one dept. (DMV old manual transactions) are over.
Today they close the dept. if computers are down.
When I left I was a full time, DMV TECH., AUTO TRAVEL (Maps, routing road trips, booking vacation packages, i.e Disney, Grand Canyon, hotel and reservations.) CASHIERING, Selling, upgrading, anding mems. to AAA memberships. Cross-Selling Auto, Homeowners, Renters, Life Ins., everything except Health ins., At the end of the day Balancing both AAA/DMV Drawers, Tally and evaluate your Cross-sells and membership quotas. Let, 's not forget the Daily phone Logg's and returning the calls.

I would love to work for AAA again, They're a great company to work for, with offices in almost every other city, Throughout the US. if I could focus on one maybe three things. 1 )Servicing the member, 2) Scrutinizing there DMV needs, 3) presenting them with answers, solutions, or clear documentation of there goal. All done With Clarity, not losing focus, because the membership is only holding a five-mile membership, and they're getting ready to travel to Disneyland, without enough mileage coverage, on their tow service card. And then upselling them the current Disney promotion package or that their auto insurance is expired, and they may want to pay that up before they began their travels.

All of which is great and provides a great service for the member if every DMV Representative is still doing it. I heard that Underwriting will be added
  more... to the list of Daily Duties.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight