AACRES Employee Reviews

There is no fun in this work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 17, 2018
A typical work day was starting earlier than the shift time, and to work later to accommodate the clients needs. Aacres management is unprofessional, and if you don't fit in with to their way of thinking there is NO ADVANCEMENT. The hardest part of working there,is they that don't care about the clients or the staff that they have, it all comes down to their budget. Management only knows what is on paper about the clients they don't have any idea what the client wants or what needs they have.
not a good company
DBT SKILLS TRAINER AND COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 20, 2018
I loved what I did but unfortunately, the company itself is poorly ran and they treat their employees like garbage. I worked for many years at this company and never got a raise, or so muvh as a thank you. Its terrible that the employees are expected to carry the weight of the world and get paid in pennies while the upper management sits on their high horses.
Good place to work to start out as a caregiver.
Lead Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 9, 2018
Staff undervalued and not appreciated as needed. Long hours and overtime always offered. Benefits are mediocre. No set pay increases. No recognition or fees back given.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Healthcare, and pay
OK to work
DSP 1&2 (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
its ok to work here. it helps with life outside job. there is no raise, no appreciation. benefits here means they have to deduct fro your paychecks , no advance in career except if you are close to the bosses...etc
went to the state instead
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAOctober 24, 2018
No matter where you work there are challenges but the insurance is expensive for a family and not enough time off. I have better benefits with the state for a similar job and I'm not asked to do things outside of my job description which happens alot when there is short staffing.
Pros
close to home, coworkers, and most important the clients
Cons
expensive health care and low number of PTO
Extremely discriminatory work environment
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 18, 2018
If you consider yourself a minority, this is not a place I recommend to work for. The management knowingly lets discrimination and stereotype to take place. It is like a fkn child care center.
poor communication between staff and management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 2, 2018
The management is really lacking on knowledge on how to run a group home. they under pay their employees and expect them to do things above their pay grade because they dont know what to do
Cons
stressful work place, lack of management skills
From what i gather, the job itself was very exciting to get to know new people and to the clients you worked with.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 3, 2018
The reason I only gave 3 stars was because I felt the job was sometimes unfair with certain things. I personally loved my client I worked with, despite her mental issues they described. I've never seen ANY of them. I would recommend others to work for the company because you'll definitely get a lot of hours.
Pros
Getting paid when they have employee meetings and picking up lots of hours
Cons
Supervisors not responding back quick enough sometimes
productive
Support Councilor (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CA 90248August 28, 2018
Shift change with leaving staff. Prepare medication and meal. Hardest part is staff management. The most enjoyable part, is when clients needs are met.
great individuals, company sucked
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2018
You sit in hours and hours of training for BS certifications, only to be a babysitter. You don't really know anything about the individuals until you get to the house and read their program books. $9 and hour, you pay almost $300 for insurance. Barely any PTO each check. Nothing was organized. Management was later caught stealing hundreds and hundreds of dollars from individuals, and eventually got fired/quit.
Pros
paid lunch breaks LOL
Cons
everything else
Sometimes easy, sometimes maddening...
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 9, 2018
There are too many variables to explain for the work conditions that is DD client care. If you are a people person, and aren't bothered too much by lack of communication from management, this is an excellent job that typically has as many overtime hours as you want.
The stars I rated this company with reflect my objectivity of the place, not my absolute personal experience. I was very successful with this job, and I enjoyed a great deal of it. But it comes at a price -
it is a very demanding job that requires a lot of your time. It is unforgiving in this way, and relatively thankless in terms of the effort you put in.
It can be extremely stressful mentally, this is not a very pretty industry to be in. But it does have some moments of incredible success when you see a client succeed, and know that you had a hand in it.
This job is for a very particular type of person, and is a necessary job to help advocate for a class of people that society would sometimes rather forget.
Pros
Success of individuals.Overtime.
Cons
Just about everything else.
Money oriented
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 22, 2018
As a staff you work long hours and are not recognized for your dedication. Clients needs are not a priority. Constant back stabbing with management and staff.
Pros
Cons
expensive healthcare, 401 k is not matched. Only benefit is PTO which you have to earn...
Was an alright job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 7, 2018
Was paid alright, and the benefits were admirable, but the management was poor. I felt bombarded and like I wasn't properly appreciated as a worker, which I feel to be important.
Opportunity isn't Knocking
Lead Direct Support Professional/ Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 25, 2018
Hard work yet very rewarding, every milestone is a victory, any behavior can be a set back. Give and take is key, get to know your clients, they're amazing! They long for independence so help them achieve it by advocating for them, teaching them life skills and setting boundaries. Ensure they realize that they're so much more than their physical/mental disabilities so they can flourish!

Management is often a revolving door, the homes could use a bit more attention and working as a team is a foreign concept to some employees.

Your role is really to mentor not to babysit. If you don't have the passion for helping others, please do not apply for these types of employment. Clients are well aware of those who are clocking in and those on the clock!

My only issue is being overqualified for my current position and being passed over for positions that I'm qualified for.
Pros
Others that share a passion for mentoring
Cons
Extremely high turnover
Most intensive job
Live-In Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 29, 2018
Easily the most challenging job yet also the easiest. A range of duties and levels of care that go all the way from simply preparing medications to handling most day to day living activities.
Pros
Good communications with supervisors. Overtime always available.
a good place to be with good working environment.
TSS (Transition Support Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 8, 2018
A good company to work at.A relaxed atmosphere from the seniors to staff.Team spirit amongst all staff and. the administration.Staff support from the administration for best service.
don't do it.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington 3 different offices 50 miles apartAugust 22, 2018
The company hasn't been shut down by the state yet, I have no idea how or why. The clients are treated like animals, the DSP's range from barely human to amazing, with no consistency. They hire people for jobs but train them for other jobs and there is literally no balance.
Pros
great pay
Cons
watching human beings be treated like animals
Aacres
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
I liked working with Aacres. The best part of the job was that I was a manager that assisted with taking care of mentally challenged individuals helping them develop in places they lack in.
Awful company!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2018
This company works you like a dog, then dismisses you when you try to catch your breath. If your looking for a job in caregiving, so someplace else!!!
I was in upper management and was treated like garbage, nothing was good enough for aacres. Take, take, take!

RUN!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no call/no shows, emergency calls all night/weekend long. AWFUL!!!
Aacres
Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 26, 2018
Aacres was a great company to work for. We went on outings with the patients and built real bonds. I would recommend this company to friends and family. Homes are nice and the patients could be challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AACRES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight