AACRES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
worst company that ruined my life!!!
Live-in Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 15, 2018
After working for Aacress for 9+ years I want to warn others like me that love helping people in need esp w disabilities please don’t trust this mess of a company! I been let go and prosecuted for driving out and getting a soda during a staffed camp out in the woods for
My client. I was labeled as a neglect while I witnessed coworkers being; Let got for sleeping with a patient, smoking meth, drinking on the job, doing heroine another one, another one drinking on the job, another one still works there after numerous reports of smoking weed ... and none of them been prosecuted like me.. I believe the management team is playing favorites and sweeps everything under the rug if you are on their favorite list.. I am obviously not in that list and had to pay with my life reputation for driving out to get a need taken care of for a client, that was it! Got a soda and came back to give to client while client was staffed!! Now I have a neglect charge on my record while the other workers I mentioned got nothing and the neglect charge that I am still appealing 2 years in the process... Stand up for your rights and don’t be afraid of these intimidators!! I recommend else where for employment if you want to be treated w respect and dignity!
Pros
Helping patients in need
Cons
Working with unfair management
Sometimes easy, sometimes maddening...
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 9, 2018
There are too many variables to explain for the work conditions that is DD client care. If you are a people person, and aren't bothered too much by lack of communication from management, this is an excellent job that typically has as many overtime hours as you want.
The stars I rated this company with reflect my objectivity of the place, not my absolute personal experience. I was very successful with this job, and I enjoyed a great deal of it. But it comes at a price -
it is a very demanding job that requires a lot of your time. It is unforgiving in this way, and relatively thankless in terms of the effort you put in.
It can be extremely stressful mentally, this is not a very pretty industry to be in. But it does have some moments of incredible success when you see a client succeed, and know that you had a hand in it.
This job is for a very particular type of person, and is a necessary job to help advocate for a class of people that society would sometimes rather forget.
Pros
Success of individuals.Overtime.
Cons
Just about everything else.
Don't do it
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2018
I was hired and promised all sorts of things. Now, 7 months in, I can't trust a word that anyone on the management team says. I was "promoted", but have yet to see any evidence of that. It's been a huge run around from everyone. I will be putting in my two weeks notice as soon as I find another job.
Pros
Clients and co-workers.
Cons
Super expensive healthcare and horrible managers.
productive
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2018
good place to work allows you to be helpful to the clients that live in the homes and allows you to learn about medication and cpr and restraining skills
Never follow through on anything
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2018
I don't like the way the staff talk to some of individual also, they have a high over turn most of staff don't show up for their shift, but I will say they do care and support family.I know there is know perfect job.
Pros
If you never did this kind of workb its good training
Cons
The health care and dental is not good
Was an alright job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 7, 2018
Was paid alright, and the benefits were admirable, but the management was poor. I felt bombarded and like I wasn't properly appreciated as a worker, which I feel to be important.
Opportunity isn't Knocking
Lead Direct Support Professional/ Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 25, 2018
Hard work yet very rewarding, every milestone is a victory, any behavior can be a set back. Give and take is key, get to know your clients, they're amazing! They long for independence so help them achieve it by advocating for them, teaching them life skills and setting boundaries. Ensure they realize that they're so much more than their physical/mental disabilities so they can flourish!

Management is often a revolving door, the homes could use a bit more attention and working as a team is a foreign concept to some employees.

Your role is really to mentor not to babysit. If you don't have the passion for helping others, please do not apply for these types of employment. Clients are well aware of those who are clocking in and those on the clock!

My only issue is being overqualified for my current position and being passed over for positions that I'm qualified for.
Pros
Others that share a passion for mentoring
Cons
Extremely high turnover
Money oriented
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 22, 2018
As a staff you work long hours and are not recognized for your dedication. Clients needs are not a priority. Constant back stabbing with management and staff.
Pros
Cons
expensive healthcare, 401 k is not matched. Only benefit is PTO which you have to earn...
laid back
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2018
aacres in vancouver wa was such a laid back job, the person i worked for was alot of fun and it didnt feel like i was working it felt like i was having a good day with a good person. I loved my job and miss working there
Pros
laid back
Cons
no breaks
Aacres can be a great place to work but be mindful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Read your contact, long hours, under staffed, low pay, little to no support. Stay on top of your health insurance and your pay. This has been an on going issue, hopefully this has been resolved.
Pros
Opportunity to grow with in the company
Cons
Under Staffed
Great clients and co-workers, but unprofessional management and no job security
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my clients and my co workers were great, however the managers seem to have bad communication and don't care about the employees or clients best interest.
Stay away from this company.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 9, 2018
I worked here for three years. It started off pretty good. Then one particular staff kept getting all the overtime. Other staff complained but nothing was done. Management does not know what is going on with the clients or staff half the time, and favoritism in the office runs rampant. Please stay away from this toxic company. Also some of the clients houses have unsafe living conditions IE black mold. Nothing is done to solve this, although complaints by myself and others were made.
Pros
The individuals you work with.
Cons
Everything else
great individuals, company sucked
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2018
You sit in hours and hours of training for BS certifications, only to be a babysitter. You don't really know anything about the individuals until you get to the house and read their program books. $9 and hour, you pay almost $300 for insurance. Barely any PTO each check. Nothing was organized. Management was later caught stealing hundreds and hundreds of dollars from individuals, and eventually got fired/quit.
Pros
paid lunch breaks LOL
Cons
everything else
Its about helping people
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 24, 2018
This is primarily an in home care position that takes on the management of at risk individuals whom are court ordered to be under supervision. Managed well, stressful at times, but the importance of the work overshadows much of the difficulty.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 20, 2018
It is wonderful and give you an insights of being challenging and definitely keep you on your toe. Being Direct Support Professional pay alright for i
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Pay more hourly
Awful company!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2018
This company works you like a dog, then dismisses you when you try to catch your breath. If your looking for a job in caregiving, so someplace else!!!
I was in upper management and was treated like garbage, nothing was good enough for aacres. Take, take, take!

RUN!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no call/no shows, emergency calls all night/weekend long. AWFUL!!!
Aacres it really helps disable people
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 7, 2018
Aacres was a nice place for me to work because it've learned me to take more care of disable peoples and give them meds so i was really comfortable and trusted.
Terrible place.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 3, 2018
Would never recommend. Min wage to literally be treated like garbage. Go through hours upon hours of training, multiple certifications just to be a glorified babysitter. If you need a job, sure, it's there.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoy the environment. Loved helping old folks. Pay was alright. Everything was balance to me. Though there one things that's need to be straighten, but overall, all was well.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Amazing workplace
not a good place to work poor management
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
They will not let you defend yourself when you are accused of something i was fired on my day off when another staff member did not show up for work and i still went in to cover the shift and i still got fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AACRES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight