AACRES Employee Reviews

poor communication between staff and management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 2, 2018
The management is really lacking on knowledge on how to run a group home. they under pay their employees and expect them to do things above their pay grade because they dont know what to do
Cons
stressful work place, lack of management skills
Aacres
Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 26, 2018
Aacres was a great company to work for. We went on outings with the patients and built real bonds. I would recommend this company to friends and family. Homes are nice and the patients could be challenging
OK to work
DSP 1&2 (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
its ok to work here. it helps with life outside job. there is no raise, no appreciation. benefits here means they have to deduct fro your paychecks , no advance in career except if you are close to the bosses...etc
productive
Support Councilor (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CA 90248August 28, 2018
Shift change with leaving staff. Prepare medication and meal. Hardest part is staff management. The most enjoyable part, is when clients needs are met.
don't do it.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington 3 different offices 50 miles apartAugust 22, 2018
The company hasn't been shut down by the state yet, I have no idea how or why. The clients are treated like animals, the DSP's range from barely human to amazing, with no consistency. They hire people for jobs but train them for other jobs and there is literally no balance.
Pros
great pay
Cons
watching human beings be treated like animals
not a good company
DBT SKILLS TRAINER AND COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 20, 2018
I loved what I did but unfortunately, the company itself is poorly ran and they treat their employees like garbage. I worked for many years at this company and never got a raise, or so muvh as a thank you. Its terrible that the employees are expected to carry the weight of the world and get paid in pennies while the upper management sits on their high horses.
A lot of mental and emotional work for low pay
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2018
I was ok until a lot of government programs were chopped, thats when the pay dropped , working the same hours for almost half the paywas my issue , other than that I enjoyed it.
Pros
I was fun until the pay went down
Cons
pay
i like working here
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2018
my work day at my place of work is to be a role model and also assist individuals with their activities of daily care, assistance with medication and help with meal preparation.
bad
advocate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 10, 2018
terrible do not work here you will hate the way things are ran and feel bad for the clients you are caring fors quality of life, diet, restrictions, etc.
Sometimes easy, sometimes maddening...
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 9, 2018
There are too many variables to explain for the work conditions that is DD client care. If you are a people person, and aren't bothered too much by lack of communication from management, this is an excellent job that typically has as many overtime hours as you want.
The stars I rated this company with reflect my objectivity of the place, not my absolute personal experience. I was very successful with this job, and I enjoyed a great deal of it. But it comes at a price -
it is a very demanding job that requires a lot of your time. It is unforgiving in this way, and relatively thankless in terms of the effort you put in.
It can be extremely stressful mentally, this is not a very pretty industry to be in. But it does have some moments of incredible success when you see a client succeed, and know that you had a hand in it.
This job is for a very particular type of person, and is a necessary job to help advocate for a class of people that society would sometimes rather forget.
Pros
Success of individuals.Overtime.
Cons
Just about everything else.

Want to know more about AACRES?

Ask a question
Don't do it
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2018
I was hired and promised all sorts of things. Now, 7 months in, I can't trust a word that anyone on the management team says. I was "promoted", but have yet to see any evidence of that. It's been a huge run around from everyone. I will be putting in my two weeks notice as soon as I find another job.
Pros
Clients and co-workers.
Cons
Super expensive healthcare and horrible managers.
productive
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2018
good place to work allows you to be helpful to the clients that live in the homes and allows you to learn about medication and cpr and restraining skills
Never follow through on anything
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2018
I don't like the way the staff talk to some of individual also, they have a high over turn most of staff don't show up for their shift, but I will say they do care and support family.I know there is know perfect job.
Pros
If you never did this kind of workb its good training
Cons
The health care and dental is not good
Was an alright job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 7, 2018
Was paid alright, and the benefits were admirable, but the management was poor. I felt bombarded and like I wasn't properly appreciated as a worker, which I feel to be important.
Opportunity isn't Knocking
Lead Direct Support Professional/ Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 25, 2018
Hard work yet very rewarding, every milestone is a victory, any behavior can be a set back. Give and take is key, get to know your clients, they're amazing! They long for independence so help them achieve it by advocating for them, teaching them life skills and setting boundaries. Ensure they realize that they're so much more than their physical/mental disabilities so they can flourish!

Management is often a revolving door, the homes could use a bit more attention and working as a team is a foreign concept to some employees.

Your role is really to mentor not to babysit. If you don't have the passion for helping others, please do not apply for these types of employment. Clients are well aware of those who are clocking in and those on the clock!

My only issue is being overqualified for my current position and being passed over for positions that I'm qualified for.
Pros
Others that share a passion for mentoring
Cons
Extremely high turnover
Money oriented
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 22, 2018
As a staff you work long hours and are not recognized for your dedication. Clients needs are not a priority. Constant back stabbing with management and staff.
Pros
Cons
expensive healthcare, 401 k is not matched. Only benefit is PTO which you have to earn...
laid back
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2018
aacres in vancouver wa was such a laid back job, the person i worked for was alot of fun and it didnt feel like i was working it felt like i was having a good day with a good person. I loved my job and miss working there
Pros
laid back
Cons
no breaks
Aacres can be a great place to work but be mindful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Porter Ranch, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Read your contact, long hours, under staffed, low pay, little to no support. Stay on top of your health insurance and your pay. This has been an on going issue, hopefully this has been resolved.
Pros
Opportunity to grow with in the company
Cons
Under Staffed
Great clients and co-workers, but unprofessional management and no job security
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my clients and my co workers were great, however the managers seem to have bad communication and don't care about the employees or clients best interest.
Stay away from this company.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 9, 2018
I worked here for three years. It started off pretty good. Then one particular staff kept getting all the overtime. Other staff complained but nothing was done. Management does not know what is going on with the clients or staff half the time, and favoritism in the office runs rampant. Please stay away from this toxic company. Also some of the clients houses have unsafe living conditions IE black mold. Nothing is done to solve this, although complaints by myself and others were made.
Pros
The individuals you work with.
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AACRES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight