AAG Employee Reviews

I acquired great skills but there was not much balance
General Manager Applebee's (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 27, 2019
I felt like I never really had a day off. It was good pay but not enough freedom to be creative. I had success because I always had a great team. I enjoyed the opportunity to teach and mentor new managers.
Competitive and Rewarding
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 4, 2019
Great company to work for, they help you in obtaining your license and provide high quality training. It can be difficult at times but it is because of changes in the industry. Good company culture, some managers really look out for you. At the end of the day it is a competitive sales position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, Job security
Owners were crooked. Ripped me off of over $350. Both convicted felons I think.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 1, 2019
Never go with AAG. Not an honest bone in the company. Work you all week and will jew you outta your paycheck with lies. Son is a convicted felon for check fraud. Mother is cranky and controlling.
A real great place to work
Mortgage Originator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 25, 2019
Personal life all good with the company and for the most part, managers seem to take interest in you as a person as well as an employee !’
Great company to work with under most situations!!
Pros
Freedom to put family and health first.
Cons
Sometimes work is tough, but still worth the efforts and they’ve reward if you go beyond your comfort zone.
American Advisors Group - Best to describe
DESKTOP SUPPORT II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2019
Each day various when you come in. You working with allot of software and hardware issues. Hardest part is the complaining from other employees and that is it.
Pros
No that I can think of
Cons
They lie, terminate and say they are on a budget.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 9, 2019
I worked at AAG for over 10 years and would have retired from there but thought my family and I were relocating. However, due to a family illness were unable to do so. There was also something positive going on in the company and also something new and up to date to learn. Management and staff members were always willing to teach the knowledge they had and give you the time and resources for you to learn.
Pros
Time off, free lunches on birthdays, great benefits.
Work Review
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2018
Workplace culture is a steady environment that incorporated continual verbal contact over the phone, in person and email. Maintaining caseload work generated from 2 more attorneys on a daily basis. Benefits are good, though pay scale was not equally matched with equivalent job positions in private practice.
A Company with a good heart
Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 27, 2018
The Company has a great heart... the issue however is the regulations imposed on the industry are hard on any company. The sales quotas were team oriented however we all worked individually. We were all compensated on the work we did, however our managers were penalized for having too many weights dragging them down. Our top management would have meetings too often discussing what was wrong, rather than getting out there and fixing it.
Pros
Ability to make a lot of money
Cons
Stress to produce monthly in a struggling time for the industry
Productive and fun good place to learn.
Construction Worker/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2018
Perfect place to learn if your the type to work with your hands.and also if you like the business of hard working and into the appropriate manner when working with people.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 3, 2018
The management is horrible. They aren't accommodating. I would never recommend anyone to this company. They do whatever they have to do to get someone over to the LOs.
Pros
Free Lunch
Acceptable
Senior DE Underwriter-Lead (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 25, 2018
a typical day at work. Primary issue was management. I enjoy the Company and would recommend. I really like doing reverse mortgages and the people were great.
Pros
work enviorment
Cons
Managment
Great Place to Work , Great People Pay Structure is the Issue
SNR LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  ORANGE , CAAugust 29, 2016
AAG is overall a awesome place to work , but the pay scale is not competitive and you are not compensated accurately.
You are given a starting pipeline of about 25 loans and the first 12 or 10 are fee ( no bonus ) . The bonus you are paid has various factors and never comes out to be what you expected. It is important you understand their scales asap.
Great work family life balance
wholesale (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 29, 2016
I enjoy the views of AAG, everyone seems to matter doesn't matter if your the janitor or the CEO . I feel like we are all looked at as valuable. Very pleased I made the decision to join the team .
Pros
Friendly and Enjoyable work environment
Cons
health care could be better
Great company to work for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 12, 2016
AAG is a company where you're given room to explore new opportunities in your role. You're given broad responsibilities and have support of executive management. I've learned a lot and enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Result oriented environment
Cons
Could have better benefits
Perfect oppotunity for a college student or part-time job
CUltural Exchange Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 6, 2016
The best experience i could ever ask for . It's a seasonal job summer, spring, fall. Easy going but must be quick skilled learner and organized , and professional at all times.
Pros
Community connections
Great place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange CAOctober 23, 2015
AAG was a great place to work. the environment to work in. It just was not the position I applied for. Management was great, and the other co workers were the best. I know this makes you wonder why I would leave, but this is not the right position for me.
Pros
birthday lunches
Cons
short breaks
For Low Aspirations
Loan Officer/Reverse Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  KennesawOctober 9, 2015
If you are a loan officer sick of working on a draw this will offer some guaranteed pay but don't expect 6 figures even if you are above average or a top LO.. the top performers make $60-70k. Hope you're also ok with being micromanaged every second of the day.
Pros
PROS: Hard to make under $3k per month. Occasional lunch.
Cons
CONS: Micromanaged every step of the way, Top LOs make about $70K, Slower than slow process to close, Feel like a telemarketer/call center associate.. not a loan officer, Also no control of the process, Boring job.
Finally, A job that has a purpose
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  KennesawJune 3, 2015
Best company I have ever worked for. Here at AAG, every time I receive a call, I am able to hear about a Borrowers situation and sometimes they are horrible to listen to, but in this position, I have the ability to help the very people who have built and framed this country and made it the greatest. To have a hand in helping better their financial situation is absolutely priceless. There is never a day where I do not want to come to work.
Pros
Best support team in the world
Cons
Absolutely none!
FAST growth, kept the culture!
Rather not share. (Current Employee) –  Orange, CaMay 18, 2015
I have been with AAG for 7 years. I am in a position where I communicate with all departments in all branches. With the rapid growth of this company over the past 3 years it has been a struggle to keep all branches and employees feeling as they are part of the family. Technology is needed to better communicate to AAG Global so everyone is included. This has been escalated to the leadership team and they are aware it is an issue. They are now working on improving this ASAP.

The leadership team here has ALWAYS stressed the importance of a family/work balance. It is not your typical mortgage company! (I've worked at those companies where people are sleeping under their desks) Here, you put in your 8 hours and go home. Now that doesn't mean that there aren't times when OT is requested due to industry changes or month end push but it is not out of control like other mortgage companies. You also have the option in many departments to work OT if you choose.

The people that work here are all friendly and willing to help each other. I just recently changed positions and was fully supported by my direct leadership team. The leadership team in Sales and Ops is great, they do not hoard information to keep us down. Leadership encourages us to better ourselves and empowers us to problem solve and ask questions. They want to see everyone grow and it is genuine.

This company is here for the long haul. Pay is fair and everyone is treated with respect. AAG was listed as "Best places to work in OC" and that says a lot for the 650+ employees that work in the Corporate office to voice
  more... their opinion and all have the same opinion about their work environment.

AAG is a family environment, always has been. I have made AAG my home and plan on being here for a long time! This company by far is the best I've worked for. Everyone here cares about each other and our seniors that we help every day. Everyone is working towards the same goal! We live by our core values of Caring, Driven and Ethical and I am happy to be part of this team.
Pros
Training, Empowerment, Charity events, Recognition, Positive and Fun enviroment, Great co-workers!
Cons
Healthcare could be better.
productive workplace
mortgage loan closer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2015
Work closely with brokers and title companies to close reverse mortgages and provide
exceptional support
Review loan documents such as UW approval, Appsl, Flood cert, HOI, Title commitment, Payoff
Demand, Credit Reports, and Disclosures
Work out of Reverse Vision to prepare instructions to send to title
Analyze and balance and approve HUD when received from title
Send out complete closing package

Take over loans originated from the loan officers from pre-approval to closing
Gather and review documents such as Income, Assets, Credit Report, Appsl, Title, Insurance
Certified in processing PURCHASES, TX RATE/TERM, FHA, HARP, CEMA,
CONVENTIONAL
Certified in closing PURCHASES, TX RATE/TERM, FHA, HARP, CEMA, CONVENTIONAL,
TX CASHOUT
Analyze and balance and approve HUD when received from title
Send closing instructions
Send certified check or wire and fund loan