aai corporation Employee Reviews

Bad Experience
Manager of Contracts/Counsel (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2018
AAI was not a very happy place for me to work. If you didn't fit in with the culture then you were viewed as an outsider. A legacy of long time employees and well established egos.
Pros
Cons
Culture issues, egos, etc.
Friendly People, Terrible Management
Software Configuration Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 19, 2017
Benefits are good and PTO is good. Most groups are flexible with schedules. Management will not stick up for you unless you "brown-nose". Management definitely has favorites and will not help you get ahead unless you are one of the favorites, regardless of how good of a job you do. It is frustrating to work hard and get the same lowsy raise as the guy next to you who basically sleeps his way throughout the day.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Poor Management
Fast pace fun place to work
Electrical Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 27, 2017
Deadlines to meet. Constant work. Pressure. Great people. Fun work environment. Hours were great. Very structured breaks and lunch. Located in a small homey town.
Pros
free lunches, food truck days, relaxed people
Cons
short breaks/ lunch
Good
Plant Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 29, 2017
The day consent of conducting rounds on the facility grounds. Daily walking, reviewing cc television footage and work with several employees on a daily basis.
Pros
good people the work with
Cons
deers all over the place
Productive and nice culture
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MS 39350March 20, 2017
Typical day was 7:00 to 5:00. I developed vendors in MS to build hydraulic test stands for commercial and government contracts. Management was easy to work for - do your job and assignments under the time and budget with excellent quality - there was not a problem. Hardest part of the job was being away from the family - as they did not relocate. The most enjoyable were the Golden Moon and Silver Star casino buffets - as we were located on the Choctaw Indian Reservation.
Pros
Good Team
Technicaly challanging
Fellow Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cockyville, MD and Huntsville, ALFebruary 21, 2017
: Fellow Engineer.. Successfully lead the UAS simulation training design efforts for US Army Shadow training. Lead the design team to develop a COTS-based accredited desktop UAS training system avoiding $2,500,000 in acquisition costs and responsible for developing TUAS training systems Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) report for National Guard UAS Training; organized the DO-178B compliant Airworthiness Specifications for Universal Ground Control station and Bi-directional Remote Video Terminal; managed the Post Production Software Support for the Joint Systems Integration Lab for UAS training systems; responsible for maintaining Shadow UAS training currency and accreditation for the legacy Shadow UAS fleet, worked Manned-Unmanned integration of SHADOW training device, developed white paper defining image registration techniques utilizing SHADOW UAS images with NGI high resolution databases for higher precision targeting information in GPS denied environment.

Hardest part of the job was maintaining currency with new technology.

Most enjoyable part of the job was solving complex technical issues
Pros
Maintaining currency with new technologies
Cons
Company was bought out by Textron
UAS (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 20, 2017
The pay and benefits is the reason for this deployed job, but at the cost of every other aspect... The company was bought out by Textron
no comment
Project/Program Manager (TEXTRON (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 16, 2017
no comment at this time. as a current employee I do not wish to comment at this time. overall a decent place to work despite continuous management changes
excellent career opportunity which offers stability and long term growth
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 14, 2017
AAI, has an excellent management staff and really helps employees with Work/Life balance. AAI takes great pride in their employees and listens to the concerns on all levels.
Pros
great salaries
Good pay, everything else below average
UAV Technician & Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The worldDecember 21, 2016
State Side everything was normal mostly, but out of country things were not as promised. Classified job can not go into details of job and related issues.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
not 100% truthful on job site description.
No Thanks
Information Assurance System Engineer IV/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 14, 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
interesting work
tech (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work, opportunites to advance do exist.

Interesting place to work, and gain experience on multiple platforms.
This was my very first job as an engineer.
Hardware Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 4, 2015
This place hold something special as it was my first job out of school. Talking to older employees it was a better place to work before Textron took over. I had no problems while it was Textron.
Pros
Great Tech
Cons
Defense job high risk of layoffs.
na
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 4, 2015
Work with multiple cable types and GFE. The build and integrate platforms to support the military in the unmanned systems effort
Respectful
Project Administrator/Publication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 23, 2015
I loved working at AAI Corporation. I was there for almost 34 years, Met alot of friends and very reliable and intelligent people. I received alot of experience in my years at the company.
Pros
They gave me 33 plus years
Cons
When it was AAI it was great, Then Textron bought us and they seem to want thier own people brought in.
Rewarding Career for New Contractors
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OverseasFebruary 5, 2015
AAI Corporation, a division of Textron Systems is a very rewarding company to work for. They are a great company to get your foot in the door of the contracting world!
Contract
UAS Publications Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 14, 2014
I was a contractor for L3 so I cannot accurately speak to the culture of the company. From what I saw, the people were fair and the compensation was higher than average.
Premiere UAS company
Senior Engineering Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2014
AAI/Textron is the première UAS company in the UAS. My co-workers and management are a pleasure to work with.
shop supervisor
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  ft hood txMarch 5, 2014
i enjoyed this company and best of all got to work for our country
Has been a great experience to work for
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Daily interaction with customer
LIttle to no supervision
great customers
need more support from headquarters