AAR Aircraft Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Is a very relaxed awesome but fast paced and competitive workplace
Aircraft Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
My typical day starts with a morning meeting with team leaders,supervisors and other managers to discuss the budgets, tasks, and pending items to meet the customer deadlines. I have learned in the company many roles and terminology and how to troubleshoot for different tasks in my job field. The workplace culture can be fast paced at stressful at times and be relaxed also the hardest part is when a employee have to await for parts to finish the task the most enjoyable part is when the customer is satisfied with the product we deliever them.
High stress work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANAMarch 26, 2018
Very busy , and stressful maintenance environment.
Not managed very well, high employee turnover rate. Too many non certified people working on airplanes.
Pros
Vacation benefits
Cons
Being responsible for non certified technicians
Pays the bills
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2018
Great place to start. Pays the bills and allows me to gain experience on different airplanes. Fairly steady work as long as your not a screw up. Would recommend.
Production Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2018
Great co-workers made for an enjoyable time at this company and the work load was normal, not overwhelming. The only con was poor management and lack of advancement.
productive and good places
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2018
the co-worker are so friendly but the bosses put a lot of pressure to finish the job, the place its so hot, they really follow the instruction, its a good places to learn and beginning in the aviation
Pros
they are so profesional
Cons
hot place
fast paced easy to hard work
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 14, 2018
day starts at 6 am and ends at 4:30 pm
how to clean and maintain aircraft potable and waste water system
my leads and manager were great to work with.
getting unfamiliar tasks done in a timely manner
the crew i worked with.
Low employee morale exacerbated by poor management
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 28, 2017
Worked at AAR several years ago.
At that time, low employee morale was exacerbated by poor management.
Many lack the drive to complete daily tasks.
Many employees are there 'just for the paycheck' and job performance reflects that.
Very little in the way of team effort.
Very little accountability
Gossip/Drama including management
Very old/run down equipment
Rarely off on time.
Expected to work overtime on very short notice, but hard to take time off using the same rule of thumb.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Great place to learn and get familiarized with alot of aircraft, work can be lots of fun but that also depends on what crew you get assigned to.
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 11, 2017
Work does slow down at times but usually the good mechanics will still have work and they will try their hardest to keep you from going home.
Poor management planning and turnovers is the biggest culprit for delays and work efficiency.
Pros
Fun people, great learning experience, get to know how airlines operate and do ther paperwork.
Cons
Slow downs, people dont stay long because of no advancnent in pay, Top out is low
You'll keep your job, but you aren't going to advance
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2017
To keep it succinct, this place will rail you every chance it gets. You could be a technician operating at a higher level than 80% of the rest of the floor hands, but they are not going to pay you for it. There are people who come and go making $25 an hour and are terrible mechanics, but they are contractors so they get paid. Whereas the really good directs are getting screwed because the company thinks it can. Otherwise the company isn't bad, management is a great example of the good ol boy club, but that seems to be most places. I would NEVER recommend this to a friend.
Pros
Job security, laid back atmosphere
Cons
Low pay for directs, untrustworthy management, no incentive to be better than average
gym
aircrat sheetmetal mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2017
christmas party to all employee, free meal and a lot of gifts they were given, yearly picnic with the the CEO and free meal, company has gym inside the premises
Data entry
Inbound Receiver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2017
Data entry of paperwork for parts to be received in.
Large variety of parts to choose from to look over and that are qualified to be placed on the aircrafts for repair.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Needs more laughter around
Good company
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2017
Good company to work with. I'm a sheet metal mechanic which means I do all the structured parts of a aircraft. I used heavy tools as In rivet guns air drills highspeed cutting wheel. We also read drawings to understand our taste in hand. Ordered parts etc.
Great opportunity for anyone
A&P Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Typical day can consist of anything. A very well managed company that always looks out for whats best for the company and doesn't forget about it's customer or employees. I would return to AAR if need be and would recommend it to anyone.
Poor work culture
PC (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2017
This company offers a nice benefits package, but has a very low morale among the majority of the non-management employees. It is a good place to begin your career, but isn't necessarily the best place to stay.
my lead was racist
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
my lead abused me for 11 months, my supervisor helped me the most cause my lead threaten many times that he want to walk me out but the HR did nothing. my project manager was jerk so we never talked to each other at all.
Rarely Organized
Lead Interior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 11, 2017
No Room for advancement. Crews are constantly juggled, so crew adherence does not exist. Management sometimes over run each other in duties assigned to the crews
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Short notices to Mandatory overtime, expensive insurance
Aviation's best company
Sr. Administrative Assistant/ MOS Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
From the encouraging management team to the actual care each one takes for their employees. Had the pleasure of working for one of the best men and most knowledgeable in the field. Wonderful culture where everyone wasn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and do whatever was needed to get a job accomplished with quality and integrity.
Pros
Wellness Center
fun work place ready to teach
Sheet Metal Mechanic/ Cabin Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
I would get to work and receive my assignment from my lead. Then I would go to the computer to research the AMM that would give me instruction on how to do my job. then I would proceed to do my work to the best of my ability.
Pros
christmas party and holiday pay
Cons
lazy bosses
Productive and busy work enviroment
Materials Coordinator for Government Programs (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2017
Delivering tires, brakes and other parts to the base. Receiving material to kept on shelf until parts were requested. Once i moved up i learned how to buy parts for aircraft. I learned a lot about aircraft parts and dealing with different vendors to order from.
I feel the only part of the job was being on call when it was your time.
Pros
401k, dental and healthcare
Cons
pay
Love to work with my coworkers
Stockroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2017
I have been on that company for 10 years but i think that is tome for me to grow up personal and profesional , with the knowledge that i have i can be and excellent employee