AAR Corp. Employee Reviews

Pros and Cons
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 20, 2019
They don’t hire from within, and the pay is terrible compared to similar contracting work...but your schedule is flexible and nobody ever gets fired so that’s good.
Incredibly dysfunctional
Shift Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 17, 2019
dysfunctional organization. No direction, no structure, with a current management team that has total disregard for the customer, and less regard for the employee. Wages are not comiserate with experience and no hope of meeting the national average.
Pros
Cons
wages low, long hours, poor management
April 22, 2019

Greetings, as Mx Ops spooled down, maybe 4 years ago, so thinking review is misdirected. Not sure. Maybe let me know at: gdellinger@aarcorp.com . Thank-you.

Blue skies everybody,

Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Great company to work for.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 16, 2019
AAR provides many opportunities for people no matter what their cultural/education background may be. There is a lot of room to move up in the company. The business is thriving and will continue to grow in the future.
Pros
Overtime, holiday time off, room for growth
Cons
Short breaks
April 22, 2019

Greetings, and thank-you for your review.

Need more pay
Technician, Team Assemblers (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 9, 2019
The work is fine it’s just sometimes when there’s no work to do they expect us to still work. Then that causes them to cut hours so that mean lil pay.
April 22, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for your review. Let's all keep doing a little more.

Straight ahead,

Greg Dellinger

Sweat Shop.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2019
Not a place to continue your career. I would say this is a place to get that stepping stone to the next point in your career. the pay is okay but it really isnt worth it considering the stress you are under and they pay you 1 extra dollar an hour to be a lead mechanic. nah
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
no work-life balance. all work
April 9, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for your review. Very much appreciate the nuances, especially around associates, as the Company strives for that, with the continuous goal of being that true blue, Best Team In Aviation.

Making a tight turn into compensation, we are proud to provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Looking over the horizon, blue skies and best wishes for your aircraft maintenance endeavors, as it will be dynamic.

well, they closed
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 1, 2019
since my contract there, the place closed and from what I understand, was sold off in pieces. the facility I worked at is no longer open. I am unaware of other facilities

Hello,

You are correct, that slowly, the Company spooled down operations. Not sure of why one star, realizing that everything really rolled a while back, yet do appreciate input.

Blue skies for all future endeavours,

Greg Dellinger

Sometimes stressful workplace
A&P Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2019
Good place to start a career in commercial.
Jobs are delayed because of special equipment needed from tool room and makes the technician look bad.
The pay could be better to try to hold the good technicians.
There is a good relationship between mechanics. Some project managers are not suited for the job.
Pros
1st shift availability, will train
Cons
Lack of communication, low pay
April 2, 2019

Greetings from HQ near ORD, as appreciate review. Miami is an active station, & the Company always looks to be competitive around wages. Agree on the camaraderie component, & glad that you could see that in action, daily.

1-630-227-2074 - direct:)

Good people leaving all the time!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 22, 2019
Please understand, there are good people at this location, but the atmosphere is way to relaxed. The first red flag I got was when HR told me that the policies in the handbook are not followed (dress code, phones on production floor, hourly employees leaving the plant and returning) just to name a few. Not orgainized! Did not have parts needed for weeks! Was told that I was being released due to performance, but I had a severe shortage of employees needed to do my job everyday! (Hence title of this review). Impossible to build without people to build with! Nothing ever shipped on time to customers, I was routinely asked to do things outside of my build instructions, and then asked why I did it that way! Plant short employees (30+), but keep rehiring people that are terminated and the same issues keep returning, wonder why! You just can't talk to people so disrespectfully, and expect great work. I should have listened to HR when I got hired about things that go on at AAR. I guess I will have to go be great somewhere else. If anyone can get parts needed at this location, please help!
Pros
Building location easy to find (last building on dead end road)
Cons
Car would not drive fast enough when leaving building
April 2, 2019

Hello, and I'll signal Managers. Also, please feel free to email me directly with additional context at: gdellinger@aarcorp.com . Thank-you, and all of the best looking to the horizon.

Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Good place to start Aviation career
A&P/Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2019
Can learn a lot from the experienced mechanics
Good place to start out
Gain good experience then move to airlines
Building is huge so long walks required
March 22, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for your review. In the Fall of 2018, the Company launched the EAGLE Career Pathway Program, which is dedicated to growing the aviation maintenance workforce, so that demands of the future are met for the employee, as well as the hangar. The focus is around the Core Values of:

* Ethics.
* Airworthiness.
* Greatness.
* Leadership.
* Engagement.

The strategy is ultimately to support career advancement and development within the Company. Also, I see you worked at the Indy repair station, and the local Part 147 school that we have tied-up with is...the Aviation Technology Center, which is right there on the Airfield.

Blue skies, & let's all keep 'em Flying!

Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

P.S. Good copy on hangar, as over 1.1 million square-foot of heavy Mx space:)

Poor working conditions
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  AAR IndianaMarch 1, 2019
Working at AAR is a bad choice for anyone. The pay is not up to the required work and the leads, Supervisors and Managers do not have training to make the employees feel needed. Long hours and no advancement. The equipment that is needed for the work is broken and over used. Overhead hoists are not fixed as well as the hanger doors broken and needing 6 - 8 months to be fixed if then.
Pros
Cons
lack of knowledge and shoddy work
March 5, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for the input. We want every employee to have the most positive work experience possible. So, to that end, would like to add to the items mentioned.

As a company, we strive to be competitive with comp. & employee incentives. We work hard at promoting from within, and also strive to support career advancement and development opportunities, which would be connected to wage increases. In addition, tuition reimbursement is available for folks to grab degrees and certs., to maybe move into higher-skilled roles. All good stuff.

Looks like you are working 73s at the Indy Mx facility, so appreciate signaling about the facilities. Should gear, hangar, and/or tooling require maintenance or repair, please advise us right away. Our priority is to provide the safest working environment and culture! We will always help each other, so please feel free to reach out to yours truly, & I'll work it.

Doing it Wrong!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2019
While working at AAR I quickly realized that there where certain people throughout the company in all levels of management that were willing to cut corners, bypass procedures and generally look the other way during day to day accomplishment of aircraft maintenance. Furthermore it was apparent that mangers where subjected to copius amounts of stress and duress to deliver the aircraft on time at any cost leading to several incidents involving injury to personel and damage to aircraft. Contractors were indirectly pressured to work excessive amounts of overtime or face not having work given to them for not complying.
Pros
Great place to break in to aircraft maintenance.
Cons
Sweat shop atmosphere, forced overtime, unexpected layoffs.
February 25, 2019

Hello, & wish that you were still at the hangars, as would've liked to help. Aircraft maintenance is pretty dynamic, as you experienced, and being global, we roll 24/7/365. So, that might be different than other outfits you've worked, and can understand how pushing towards a goal like that could be unwelcome (i.e. overtime monies). Straight ahead then, as wish all of the best, & blue skies for future Av Mx commerce activities!

AAR
1-630-227-2074

fast, stressful environment.
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Fast, stressful environment. lots of disorganization. poor management. lack of resources and tools. coworkers are nice. must mechanics work as a team and help each other.
Pros
Mechanics help each other. Good to get experience.
Cons
Fast, stressful environment.
February 6, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for your review. Fast, flat, & communicative for sure. And you nailed it that we are a Team...all the way. Blue skies on all future Av Mx activities with #QualityFirst & #SafetyAlways !

Very Respectfully,

AAR HQ on the N.W. Boundary of ORD
Chicago, IL, USA
All phones - 1-630-227-2074

Very toxic environment .Definitely not a good company to work for .
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 25, 2019
Former employee accounts payable specialist. I worked there for four years. Finally hit my breaking point. This company works you to death and sucks the life right out of you . Upper management doesn’t care about their employees . The only good thing about this company is the cafeteria and the fitness center. Think twice before applying here you’ll regret it .
Pros
Cafeteria and fitness center
Cons
Cafeteria and fitness center
January 28, 2019

Whoa...hold on a second here...and I'll jump in...

Hello, and first off, thank-you for the note. Really not sure, as I've been here almost ten years, & experience has been very different. I mean just last month alone we worked the Holiday Party in Wood Dale for everybody, complete with music, food, and prizes, to partnering with Chicago City Colleges, so one and all can get involved in aviation, especially locally. In November, we presented the opportunities around Veterans Day, and then of course the big Rockford trips in the Fall. Even so, hope it all works out for all future business/job opportunities.

Very Respectfully,

AAR in Wood Dale, IL, USA

P.S. You are spot-on around The Landing/food space, & Fitness Center. They are cool :)

Was fun
AOG DESK (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 22, 2019
Was all good until new management came in and moved our desk - 5 positions to the uk. Had great pay good hours and was very challenging but that's what made it fun
January 28, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for the 5.0. Neat, and all the best with future commerce opportunities.

G-Man

Great People, Great industry!
Human Resource Assistant/Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Newer company in Rockford. The people make it worthwhile! Being a newer company there is always some hiccups along the way. Be prepared to see AAR Rockford as a powerhouse in the MRO Industry!
January 21, 2019

Good Monday morning, and thank-you for the review. Blue skies, and GO RFD, IL, USA!

Very laid back
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 17, 2019
Started out as a mech 1 but never really had a chance to advance due to the loss of there contracts and the closure of operations at the lake Charles facility
January 21, 2019

Hello, and thank-you for your service to the Company. Blue skies for all future commerce activities.

Straight ahead,

Productive family oriented company
Transport Supervisor/ Release Department (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 8, 2018
I loved everyone and working with the company I loved helping the clients and the debtors and the auctions it allowed me to put a smile on peoples faces even when they felt that day had been the worst
Terrible management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
I agree with many other guys that have left their comments here that AAR is a great place to start your career in aviation, to learn, but a very bad place for growing professionaly. This company (AAR Aircraft Services Miami specifically) is managed like a private latin-american (more specifically cuban) farm. If you dont have anybody from your family in the upper management forget it, the opportunities to grow are close to zero. It does not matter whether you are a knowlegeable technician, or harworking, if your manager dont like you because you dont do exactly what he wants, if you dont sign jobs does not matter if they are not done correctly or not done at all, they will put you in a black list. They call it being part of the team. Sometimes I feel afraid of flying again when I see the way they work there. I understand it is a business but the lives of people are at stake. There are no corporative rules, no respect for your knowledge, hardwork, seniority... They say you are not there to think but to do what they tell you to do. I used to love working there because I love aviation. It is my passion. But at AAR Miami they are PMK (professional motivation killers). On top of that salaries are not bad but compared to many other companies around it is not the best. That is why the best mechanics migrate all the time. To be fare, the good part is that work there is pretty stable at least for direct employees and benefits are not bad. But if you want to grow professionally believe me, this, unfortunately is not the place, unless as I said you have somebody from your family in the  more... upper management or you end up signing a lot of job cards so the airplanes can leave on time. It is really a shame. Again. I really loved working at AAR but due to all these things that I have seen for so many years I am so unmotivated.  less
Pros
stability, benefits
Cons
management
December 11, 2018

Greetings, and thank-you for your service to the Company. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Greg Dellinger, callsign "G-Man". I work out of HQ, within the global HR Team. Phone is 1-630-227-2074, and email is gdellinger@aarcorp.com. I have been working with the Company for ten years, and during that time have helped advance the repair station network from three stations (including MIA) to the current seven. I love aircraft maintenance, and have a deep and profound respect for all. As we are on the same #WorkAsOne Team, please consider reaching me to me, as you will receive an alert when my note is posted. I can help with the fix. Also friend, I am sending your note to senior management. Like you, I work fast & flat, so let's come together, as we must always go straight ahead with Quality First, & Safety Always.

V/R

Former Mechaical/Electrical Assembler
C2/C4I Systems Mechanical/Electrical Integrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 29, 2018
At AAR I learned a lot of new skills that help me advance in my career. The hours were good and work load was light. Good place to aquire new career skills
Pros
Work Hours/Benefits
December 11, 2018

Blue skies for all future business endeavors, Greg "G-Man" Dellinger

Under new management
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2018
During this time the Indianapolis branch is shifts management & making new changes. The effects of this process have affected the shifts hours to go from 8 to 10hr shifts which have caused some issues amongst staff.
November 19, 2018

Good copy, & thank-you. Very much appreciate.

AAR HQ in Wood Dale, IL, USA
1-630-227-2074

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAR Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight