Aaron's

3.1Pay & Benefits

Found 1,186 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,999 reviews
furnituremerchandisedeliverystoresalegmcustomercollection

Average job

Average job, nothing to brag about, but can get you by. Stores are different depending on management. Some managers are good, most are jerks that like to throw their power around. Overall what you see is what you get. Average pay, long hours.

November 16, 2022
We are intentional in building relationships with every interaction and believe that your next interaction with Aaron’s will be better than your last. As our organization continues to evolve, we have implemented management training, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives, employee recognition opportunities and much more. Aaron’s strives to continue being a great place to work and to shop. Thank you for your feedback.

Poor

Sets unrealistic goals, would rather have rehired employees than promote from within, raises/pay increases are a joke, completely reactive company instead of proactive, doesn't build a strong bench, training program is one of the worst I've ever seen in my career.

November 22, 2022
We are intentional in building relationships with every interaction and believe that your next interaction with Aaron’s will be better than your last.  As our organization continues to evolve, we have implemented management training, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives, employee recognition opportunities and much more. Aaron’s strives to continue being a great place to work and to shop. Thank you for your feedback.

Aaron's insights

Based on 1,917 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Great benefits and awesome staff family friendly. 401 k with great insurance dental eye and a flexible spending account. High stress but if you have a great team it makes the day go by.

November 16, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and having you as part of our team. At Aaron’s, we strive to provide excellent service with every interaction. The foundation of our company is service and the reason we exist is our customers and team members. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Nice

It’s a good place to work at good management and easy enough job to do as well it’s got good pay and decent work schedule overall good place to work.

stay away

low wages, raises are terrible, very poor management, all the good reviews are from ex employees, what does that tell you, can't keep employees, large turnover rate, no one stays

Pros

there are none

Cons

low pay, no raises, very poor management

November 8, 2022
We are intentional in building relationships with every interaction and believe that your next interaction with Aaron’s will be better than your last.  As our organization continues to evolve, we have implemented management training, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives, employee recognition opportunities and much more. Aaron’s strives to continue being a great place to work and to shop. We have passed your concerns on to the appropriate leaders to ensure they are reviewed. Thank you for your feedback.

Not a company for the lazy at heart

A lot of things differ between locations some stores are franchised owned some stores are corporate owned. They all follow the same basic principles and being the nature of the business they are numbers driven positions all positions offer an hourly or salary pay depending on your position and you have opportunities for receiving commissions and bonuses based on numbers in other words the more work you put in and the better you do the more income you will receive don't apply for a position if you are an individual that needs to call out of work a lot it doesn't matter what location you go to each location has a minimum of seven positions you have your GM your accounts manager your sales manager a customer service representative a customer account representative and two pts or delivery technicians that is all it takes to run a store some of your stores might have additional people in your sales department your accounts Department or your delivery department but that is only if it is a store that has a larger customer base one of your more efficient stores be prepared to chip in and help where is needed if you're in sales be ready to move furniture obviously with assistance when needed if you have good work ethic and a team mentality and believe that the world does not owe you anything and are willing to put the work in then this is the job for you

October 31, 2022

Great place to work, good pay.

Love working here, commission is good if you have a good sales team and if you and your team are driven to hit commission. Overall 8.9 out of 10 as far as work goes and enjoyment

October 25, 2022

What is the best part of working at the company?The Benefits What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The hours aren't the best. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great. Friendly. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very Busy.

October 26, 2022

Horrible Company

The pay is horrible. The raises is horrible…. The work is hard and dangerous …. Plus you work in all kinds of weather…. The company doesn’t care at all… You are just a number…. High turnover rate with no loyalty

Pros

N/a

Cons

Pay is low.

October 25, 2022

Wasted Potential

Aarons does not value thier employees. They expect more work for less compensation. There is no room for a family life. Coming from a former assistant store manager. If you work for a francise, good luck.

Pros

Bonuses occasionally

Cons

Short breaks, often work through lunch without pay.

October 21, 2022

Great people terrible company

Co workers are great, careing and like family. Company it self is terrible with making broken promises, low pay, was even told "why would we pay you more for something you already do."

October 21, 2022

Long dragging days

Work with difficult customers, long hours, work every weekend. Would not recommend as a long term place of employment, especially if you have a family.

October 19, 2022

sales

was a good place to work. Management was very supportive and good at teaching me how to sell. Pay was not that great. Sales quota was very easy to meet.

October 13, 2022

It's ok

Ok run around and chase same people every month. Pay is lacking benefits are ok. Like anything else, it all depends on your manager and your team. Good luck

October 14, 2022

Avoid at all costs

Management is horrible to be under; Customers are horrible to deal with; No benefits are not available. Expect to be on the phone harassing customers and their families most of the day.

Pros

Closed on Sunday

Cons

Work environment, Leadership, Customers, No benefits

September 30, 2022

Low pay, long hours

The pay is very low to start, and you are scheduled 50 hours a week every week. The people you work with are decent but there's not much opportunity to move up.

September 16, 2022

Good pay but no work/life balance

The company pays well and has decent benefits. Also has an untouchable bonus structure for the rent to own business. However, there is no work life balance. You will work 8a- 7p and sometimes even till 9p. The culture is based on if you are a favorite to higher management outside the 4 walls. Some employees get the freedom as a favorite to come in when they please and leave when they please with 0 accountability for actions or performance.

September 12, 2022

Fun place to work

Fun, decent pay. Don't often promote within. Do many jobs including what you were hired for. May sell, may deliver, may do accounts. Commission based positions

September 12, 2022

Perfect place to learn 1 on 1 customer communication!

This is the best place to learn to work alone and in a small team! They give you a 1 hour lunch break which is amazing. The company is constantly doing contests and prize giveaways and bonuses for you to maximize your income!

September 8, 2022

Miserable

Bi-weekly pay, one day off at a time, I've tried asking for four ten hour shifts but the answer was no. Got a 42 cent raise for working there a year and it's still not enough to live off of. Everyday I'm tired from my manager over working me. One day off at a time is not enough to alleviate the aches and pains from last shift.

September 8, 2022

Great coworkers

I really liked the people I worked with, but the basic premise of Aaron's is selling cheap furniture at high prices to people who can barely afford to pay their rent. I really couldn't get behind that.

September 2, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aaron's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aaron's.
Powered byComparably