Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 2,520 reviews matching the search See all 2,591 reviews
productive retail based free environment
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 19, 2018
A day at Aarons consist of coming in at 8 making phone calls to collect revenue due to the store on a monthly basis. Opening the store at 10 for business. It's a very fun loving atmosphere that can be tough at times when you're dealing with people.
Pros
overall freedom not too much micro managing
Cons
they simply don't want to pay you.
Nice work setting
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Input daily deposits along with A/P and A/R. Bi-weekly payroll and end of month reports. Enjoyed working with all of my co-workers, management was very nice and fair to all employees.
Pros
Monthly birthday parties in the break room
Cons
End of month close is very stressful
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I was able to have a desk job and also earn commission through the products i sold. The management was very harsh on me and every so often i felt bullied by the assistant manager for asking silly questions or not understating something right away.
Pros
Hour lunch break, slow days, fast paced environment
Cons
Long hours, miscommunication with management
Hard Labor work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  belcamp mdSeptember 17, 2018
Depending on your dept you will have to be in between 5:00 and 7:30am you will be expected to help unload trucks with material floor loaded, with a skeleton crew because they cant keep people in there due to the horrible management. No matter what they hire you for you will be lumping trucks they tell you anything because they desperately need bodies in there.The only enjoyable part was lunch break.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
moody unprofessional management
Sales manager is the toughest job
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 13, 2018
A sales manager is responsible for everything on the front end from cleaning, selling, pricing, inventory, sales floor, service calls while still being responsible for answering phones and stopping what you are doing anytime a customer walks in. There isn't enough hours in most smaller stores to hire a CSR either so if the Accounts team or PTs don't help it is an extremely hard position. Hours are open to close (10-11 hour days), with "most" Sundays off. Sundays may become a working day in the future as they tested one recently.
Pros
close team, good benefits
Cons
hours, pay
Electronics Tech
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSSeptember 12, 2018
The job as a whole is a good and fun job. But the management at the location i worked at is horrible. My direct supervisor showed favoritism in many of ways. If all techs were doing something wrong only select ones were punished. HR had been called on this manager number of times and nothing had been done. So i left because of how i had been treated as an employee.
Pros
Decent pay, some overtime.
Work Place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 11, 2018
On a daily basis we would deliver appliances, furniture, TVs. Everyone was good to work with, some days would be tiring and long. It was a good job, Saturdays would be long at times.
Pros
we didnt start until 10AM
Cons
long days
Not what it used to be
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
The only positive is earning potential if you're in a busy location, if not then good luck. This company has been spiraling downward for the last six years. Numerous executive shake ups, lack of leadership, ever changing direction and now it is no longer a place I would recommend anyone work.
Cons
everything
great place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 11, 2018
the best thing abt aarons was the customer based we got a chance to help people wIth bad crEDIT FURNACE THERE HOMES. aaromn was aloso very flexable with hours
Pros
the pay
Cons
working conditions
Customer Accounts Advisor
Customer Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 10, 2018
My experience was tainted by a disgruntled employee who made working for the company pretty toxic for everyone who worked with her. Other than that, it was an ok place to work.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Work hours
Great company to work with, family oriented
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 9, 2018
Great work environment, family oriented, teamwork required to be a successful location. Benefits were fair and and economical. pay scale is above average for the regional pay scale
Great work place to advance
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2018
I started as a delivery driver and accomplished a six figure salary and was well trained in my position and enjoyed who I worked with and loved the daily challenges the job offers
Pros
Pay
Cons
Personal time
wondeful
Customer Service Representative (CSR)/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29406September 7, 2018
I really liked working there. The co workers and customers were great. I really believe I would still be there if it had not of been for me getting hurt
Pros
lovely atmosphere
Cons
hours
Great Company with Great Compensation and Benefits
Facilities Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
This company has a very friendly work environment, they throw a lot of great company activities that keeps the job fun there are large workloads but a lot of support from colleagues. Great management team and AWESOME benefits packages offered
Pros
Great pay and great work environment
Cons
employment turnaround and company layoffs.
Challenging
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Obetz, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Aaron’s is currently undergoing a business transformation with a new vision for future growth. Upgrading new stores to reflect our new product line and the new vision of what Aaron’s sees moving forward.

Adapting to a new style of customer with a focus on millennials. Product line is refreshed to appeal to our new customers.
Pros
Weekends off. Power to run my operation. Pay
Cons
Lack of support on many levels.
An OK place to work
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Universal City, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Aarons is an OK place to work. They used to have decent raises every 6 months, that was cut to once a year with no increase and then that was cut from a flat rate to how well your store performed. We went from getting about $1.00 a year to a varying amount from $0.49 to $0.02. So it went from livable raises to below inflation or basicly a pay cut "raise".
Pros
If your a driver every day is different
Cons
They went from caring about everyone to only shareholders.
Easy work but very labor intensive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PASeptember 4, 2018
I worked at arrons warehouse a few years ago. Picked up the job to supplement my income and make ends meet. I left cause working 2 full time jobs was just too much. I wasn't very found of management. They were a couple and both moody all the time and would take their stress out on the employees. We were working a skeleton crew of about 6 guys and they were never happy with our progress. We'd all be covered in sweat from trying to keep up to their demand and it was never enough. If the place had more people it would have been an okay job. But being short handed, you were expected to lift refrigerators that we're stacked by yourself while unloading and fighting large furniture. I'd also constantly get yelled at for not wearing my arrons shirt that I had never received. When trying to explain they had never supplied me them, they'd tell me well when it does come in I need to wear it. Never did see those shirts. I'm sure it could have been an okay job, but it was just too much for a second job. They ask too much of you, and injuries were bound to happen the way my warehouse was being ran.
Pros
Okay starting wage, days/nights go by fast
Cons
Poor management, too demanding, asking for injuries
Productive and very relaxed workspace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Productive and very relaxed work space amazing management and very nice fellow co workers I was paid very good and also had amazing benefits the hours were great as well
Great place to work at !
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work at and they work with your schedule and always have fun days like the boss always buys food and drinks for staff because they really care about the staff
Fun place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CA 92544August 30, 2018
Looking for another job because company made changes from full time to part time and not enough to pay bills
But it's a good place to work, good management...
Pros
Commision and bonus
Cons
Changed from full time to part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight