Aarons Employee Reviews

Found 2,587 reviews matching the search See all 2,659 reviews
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2018
I worked with great staff and customers. Everyday was exciting and new.... not a lot of pressure to do anything. we were encouraged to have fun with the customers as we worked and we built a family relationship with them.
Pros
Fun times
Cons
Working on saturdays
Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2018
Strong focus on hitting sales and collection numbers. Working with a wide demographic of customers. Long hours, average pay, decent benefits. Very demanding job all around.
Awful company full of awful people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Store level employeeNovember 13, 2018
The corporate level management has ujrealistic goals and no matter what you do (even if you achieve those goals) it is never good enough. They show great favoritism to people they either worked with before or are friends with and give them all of the advancement opportunities rather than cultivate and promote from the pool of existing talent. The corporate management will also give you no support if you are understaffed, they will expect that you can handle it. You will also not be compensated for your position , delivery drivers make more than management . You work manditory overtime if you are management which is your compensation to make more than the rest of the staff. All in all it's just a horrible place to work. The only people who excel are awful humans and sometimes not even then. I've worked here a long time and it's a shame it used to be a wonderful company.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Everything else
Fun but low paying job
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PANovember 12, 2018
Fun delivering merchandise to people's homes and dealing with the customers. Work load is reasonable. Hours sometimes a little long and it would be nice to have two consecutive days off. Pay totally sucks, and there is no opportunity for advancement or raises.
Pros
Employee purchase discounts
Cons
Way too little pay, no promotion opportunity.
Don’t bother...
Manager trainee Product Technician Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2018
Terrible place to work, terrible management in store and higher up. Pay is awful, days long just not a good place to work. They really could care less about their employees
Pros
None what so ever
Decent place to work
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCNovember 10, 2018
I've worked for the company for close to 6 years and have worked under several managers. it is a great place to work with proper management. With improper management it is a nightmare.
Dont work at aarons you will have no life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 10, 2018
This is the worst place to work!!! They only promote white people that don't perform. If you are minority and working hard you will not get promoted!!!!!
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
They don't pay enough!!!! Dont care about there employee
Sales experience a plus
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PANovember 9, 2018
Plenty of educational information during downtime. Bonuses are great, Sundays off. Be very clear about days you are not available. Multiple chances for growth in the company.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No schedule negotiation
Stressful, unorganized, poor structure
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 9, 2018
I hope that all Aaron's facilities are not as ours is. We have poor leadership, the rules change on a daily basis, and there is no accountability from the powers that be. The blame is constantly shifted away from the one person that creates the uncertainty, and deserves the blame.
Pros
There is flexibility with time needed off, etc.
Cons
Too many to name. The biggest is the inconsistency, and lack of leadership from the General Manager.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GA 30134November 8, 2018
Working at barons was very easy going for the most part. Clock in, get a cup of coffee and start the task for the day ! I was on my own for the majority of the day unless helping the guys out on a delivery job.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Work on Saturdays

Want to know more about Aarons?

Ask a question
Day to day
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MONovember 8, 2018
Try to collect money owed to the company. Prepare to be yelled at if the entire team does not meet unrealistic sale goals. Always trying to find customers houses after customers move without letting the company know.
Stable job to start
Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Heights coNovember 6, 2018
Good, a lot of benefits, employee price, you can always work for 40 hrs minimum every week, PTO, sick time, from Monday to Saturday, but they want to start working
Benefits
Cons
Shifts from 8am to 9pm
work
Delivery Driver / Lead Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 5, 2018
they do not care about the employees.
they lie to there customer only to increase sale number's for bonuses.
Resale merchandise that are sometime not cleaned properly.
Stressful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 4, 2018
Long hours. They hired me for a CAA position, but I was mainly on the truck making deliveries getting less pay then those who started out. My scheduled time of working and getting off was never met. I guess the discount on merch. Was nice but overall was not satisfied with Aaron's as a company, nor with how some of their employees deals with/ talks about their customers.
Pros
Diacounts
Sales Orientated Environment
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 4, 2018
Must be able to thrive in a high sales goal orientated environment. Management was always willing to take time to assist providing feedback and new strategies for maximum potential.
"it's bad all over pony boy"
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 2, 2018
Honestly my direct supervisors were absolutely fantastic. everything else though. never again. i would literal rather terminally incapacitate myself than ever willing work for that company again. my loyalty to my direct supervisors is the only reason i stayed so long. after they were systematically fired one by one and it was just me I quit.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
your life is literaly going to waste away into a pit of nothingness there
horrible management
Customer service representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKNovember 2, 2018
This store does not have any leadership or managers that know what they are doing. Since they treat their employees so terrible, no one stays so no one is trained well enough to lead. they do not pay well, or fairly. this company pays males more than females and rarely gives raises. super unorganized, and expect way too much of employees that they treat so poorly.
It barely paid the bills
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXNovember 1, 2018
As a delivery driver, we get paid decently, but it's not enough to improve life. If you live bare minimum or have roommates, then this is a great job. If you're trying to start a family or build a life for yourself, you can do better. Good luck getting promoted, especially as a driver. Over a year, and they still won't promote me.
The times are changing here....
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 1, 2018
Been with the company over a decade. Past few years have gone down hill significantly. At one point, they seemed to know who they were and cared about their associates. Those days are clearly gone. They recruit saying” No Sunday’s...Paid Holidays” this is also no longer true. Not only do you work certain holidays, but the Sunday proceeding or following that holiday. Quality of life doesn’t exist with this company. They seem to think they are a retail company. They behave like people don’t know they’re rent own. Identity crisis usually leads to bankruptcy. I would not be surprised to see them bankrupt in the near future. Feels like a squeeze of profit from a greedy board. It used to feel much more human. You can also time warp in this company. Travel from one division to another, and see the difference. Quite unbelievable. Practices, or “policy” changes like underwear. All in all, stay away if you want a career that values your effort and hard work. This is your run of the mill, work you till your spent and then replace you, type business. Like a said, over a decade and I could be a first week employee for all they care. Run away!
Pros
None.
Cons
Aarons.
Ok to start
Assistant Manager/CAM (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 31, 2018
It starts out great then you spin your wheels when everything is about sales and repos. Bonuses for management is hard to get but possible if you have a good team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aarons.

Powered by Comparably