Aarons Employee Reviews

kept busy
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVApril 24, 2018
Delivery and pick up of appliances & other rental items. Assist in repair and cleaning of items to be re-rented. The hours are often irregular and days can exceed 8 hrs.
Pros
no Sundays
Cons
long days
Just dont do it run away fast!!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 24, 2018
This company is a joke the management staff only cares about numbers. Far as being a delivery driver it was ok except for the fact that the store I was at only had 2 drivers and they separated us in 2 trucks to deliver refrigerators and large electric reclining sectional couches by our selves so delivery took twice as long and ment you were working late it was normal to work 12-14hrs and if you worked till 10 or 11 at night and had to be back at 8 the next morning you better be there on time no excuses about the night before. So my suggestion would be run as fast as you possibly can and don't turn and look back ever.
Pros
Cons
Way to many to list.
Work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Petoskey, MIApril 24, 2018
You learn as you go it's very fast paced you have to be able to catch on quick. Lots of information to remember about different accounts. If you work in one department's you still need to know a few things in other departments. You job is versital not just one thing or in one area. The life work balance is extremely difficult.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2018
Good place to learn about products. Very relaxed environment. Long hours worked. Good benefits, but compensation has room for improvement as compared to other companies.
hard work for low pay.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAApril 22, 2018
this is truly not a family person;s job. it keeps you out of the home
a lot.your constantly selling unloading delivering collecting fees, and payments.you do it all.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
low pay lots of work
Competitive
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 22, 2018
I feel like it is time for a career change to balance my work/life experience. Working in retail can take away from family.I love the competitive edge with aaron's because they allow you to create your own path to be the best.
Good job and good people to work with
Product Technician/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 22, 2018
First thing I do when I get to work is look at the daily log of scheduled stops for the day, they're assorted by morning stops and evening stops. We load our morning stops first based on the location of each stop. (first stop gets loaded last and vice versa) We then head to our first stop and so on until the morning stops are done. We get an hour lunch in between morning and evening stops. I've learned a lot so far working their from how to properly lift and maneuver furniture and appliances to get them safely and undamaged into the customers house, from how to better work directly with customers and drive a box truck very well. My bosses are great and take their time to make sure that myself along with everyone else in the store is doing what they're supposed to be doing as safe and efficiently as possible. All of my coworkers are easy going and friendly. The hardest part of the job would be the occasional delivery or return of a full bedroom or living room set to the top of a three story apartment complex. I most enjoy my coworkers and how easy going my bosses make what would normally be a very stressful situation be.
Pros
Great coworkers and bosses. Very laid back as long as you do your job.
Cons
the company supplies hardly any of the tools that you use every day
Fun Work Environment
Part's Technician (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 22, 2018
Working at Aaron's Sales and Lease I was started right away and the process was pretty easy. it started with computer work(Training) and transferred over to practice what you learn from the computers with the real equipment. the worst part i felt about working for Aaron's as a Parts Technician was the deliveries. This is because you never knew how hard it would be to get a couch, stove, or any other appliance through the customers door frame or if you have to take a couch up three flights of stairs, the job was very unpredictable and you experience a lot of different home environments. The most enjoyable part of working for Aaron's was being able to get to know customers through talking during the sales process or just talking while they're paying their bill. Another enjoyable thing i found was that the co-workers i had just made the job a lot easier and days got by quicker.
Pros
Hour Long Lunches, Paid Time Off, Quick Hiring Process, Laid back Job
Cons
Minimum Wage for Strenuous Work, Management Sucked
Very physically demanding, extremely poor pay
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 22, 2018
Hard work, low pay, no raises, no appreciation, no advancement. Delivery drivers are treated like beasts of burden. Slaves on plantations were treated better. Heaven help you if you are 40 yrs old or older. Age discrimination is rampant there.
Pros
Lots of hard work to do
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, raises or respect
No home life, sorry management, low pay
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TXApril 20, 2018
As a sales manager at Aaron's, its VERY stressful. You have to be top in sales at your store while doing payments, taking care of service issues, fill in for the delivery drivers if one or both dont show. Cross train in accounts, price, build furniture, unload DC trucks. You work from 9 to 9 basically, so you have NO HOME LIFE. Pay is horrible. Raises are horrible. This year they cut hours while giving you a tiny raise. (I lost money every month) No overtime allowed. If you dont hit your store goal of new customers for that month, you get no commission. Commission is horrible too. You can sell 10k worth of stuff and get a $200 commission. Now, benefits and discounts are good, but that's about it.
Pros
Benefits and discounts.
Cons
No home life. Low pay. Poor managment. Cut hours. Sorry raises. No remorse.
Bad hours
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 17, 2018
Good company overall, long hours, however; management was disrespectful on how customers were treated. Good customers who fell on hard times and were late a few days on payments were told we would have to pick up their merchandise where as I would work with them on partial payments and setting up final payments. Just good customer service and being a good representative to the company.
Pros
Cost break on merchandise
Cons
Long hours such as 8am to 9pm. Under staffed.
Working at aarons was indeed an learning experience
Customer account manger (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 16, 2018
the job itself was great its just the late work hours. I really enjoyed the years ive worked at Aarons. My coworkers were like family to me . we all grew on each other.
Pros
free lunch breaks
Cons
late work hours
Horrible place to work
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 16, 2018
I worked for Aarons for 3 years and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I drove over an hour to work one way and they refused to move me to a store closer to where I lived. I had an off the job accident and was unable to work. I was unable to get unemployment because the refused to terminate me. Then when I was released to work they terminated me. Management doesn't help in the store but takes the glory when the store does well. Don't work here if you want to have any time with your family
Pros
my off days
Cons
overworked, under paid, management horrible
Team Work
Bilingual Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILApril 15, 2018
To be honest, I was very pleased on having an awesome team. We definitely worked well together. The only down side to this job is if anyone would called off, you would have to stay due to being down an employee.
Typical retail...long hours, limited vacation
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers, but the company required long hours and you were lucky to be able to sit down and enjoy a meal break because there wasn't really enough employees to handle customers.
Not a good place to work
Caa (Former Employee) –  NHApril 14, 2018
A very unprofessional place to work, low wages, high work load, and very shady when it comes to product you will deliver broken items and stuff that is dirty that came from someone else's house. Not to mention you will go on to some very nasty houses and places all the time. Paid biweekly as well
The almighty dollar
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 13, 2018
They will and would give items to customers that did not have a good income they adhere to those customers and when they do not pay on time they call 2 times a day plus field visit
Management wasn't the best
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCApril 12, 2018
I would get to work on average at 8:30a.m. and would get off around 8p.m. Out of all the work and hours i put in, no appreciation was given. I don't recommend this job on anyone.
Tough Job.
Sales & Lease General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 12, 2018
Really difficult work atmosphere. Company did not advertise to its audience. Old school flyers were passed out daily/ weekly to get customers to notice our business.
I love this place
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 12, 2018
I loved working at Aarons. I had the best bosses, and the staff was awesome. This is a great place to work. They train you well, and have your best interest st heart.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarons. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aarons.