Aarsand & Company Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2019
I dont even know where to start management was horrible. This is a job for high-school kids not adults trying to make a living. Schedules were never made on time. None of the employees wanted to do anything. The store was always a mess. I tried to help the store get better with times but nobody seemed to care. You go to upper management with any issues they brush it off or ignore that you even said anything. Pay is horrible for the amount of work they want from you.
Pros
Free manager meals
Cons
No breaks or benefits
Chaotic, Stressful, Lack of Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 13, 2019
This company is best described I feel as the land of misfit toys. The blind leading the blind. Upper level management is next to non existent. I have worked for two different taco Bell franchises, and this one is by far the worst. I was looking for greener grass, and saw dollar signs. There's money to be made here, but be sure to check your sanity at the door. HR calls the shots from another state as well, so don't be surprised when you see some off the wall calls made as well. Unfair, disheartening situations. They shoot from the hip, and ask questions later. Beware.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything EXCEPT compensation
It was a good work environment but there was one manager that was not professional.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2019
I feel like this is a good company to work for but the management needs work. The management there are some management officials that don't know how to do there jobs until corporate gets to the location it's pitiful to be completely honest.
Would be great if the management was professional
Shift manager in training (Former Employee) –  Westover, WVJune 4, 2019
District manager was and is a manipulative bully who treats nearly all of his employees like dirt (unless you’re new or he wants something.) Complete lack of professionalism, extremely hypocritical, and honestly I don’t understand how and why this company picks the managers they do. Even in-store management is the same way. The drive thru person will be leading the crew while the agm/gm mishandle problems, gets stressed out during rush, and encourages an unprofessional/inefficient environment and makes the customers unhappy and uncomfortable.
Pros
Free/discount meals. Decent benefits.
Okay
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 10, 2019
It was a great workplace to start out as a high school student. I got to work with the public which helped me better deal with situations that involved the customer.
Pros
Working with the public. Cashier experience.
Cons
Bad management and bad pay
Poor Management and Leadership
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg,PaMarch 18, 2019
This company only cares about the bottom line they do no care about you or your family. They expect you to go in to work no matter the situation while they take all the time off that they want. Upper management doesn't provide any help or resources to right the situation. Upper Management only cares about themselves, no time spent to develop or assist the employees. The basic employee is forced to come to work or be jobless despite the situation. This goes against the basics of making a great culture for the workplace and being a company that you wanna work for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No caring from anyone in the company
The company is ok
Taco Bell Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2018
The company is ok it’s not for everybody the are strict an sometimes don’t understand that being in the store and at the office from the outside looking in is totally different I feel they need to be more sensitive to what’s going on.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short breaks no security weak management
An unsafe place
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2018
It was nerve wrecking to work in the place where you don’t really feel safe. I didn’t let it get pass me but the head manager got me an therapist about the incident.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managers
Cold, uncaring company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 10, 2018
* no Balance of Life
* no support, quick to judge people with not reviewing all the facts and root causes of issues.
* not what you expect from a large company. They promote, great communication, belief in people, great culture, growth potential. What I found was people who smile tell you great things then never come thru. Very cold atmosphere, you are thrown into chaotic situations left to your own design. If you can not produce great outcomes immediately they are already turning on you.

* constant turn over and churn.
* HR not neutral, follows lead of leaders on the team does not protect the average employee. Does not gain all facts involved prior to passing decision.

* Compensation pretty decent, but you must weigh major cons with this job.

* It is not the people out in the field. It is the people leading this company whom do not know how to run a company. They are not people leaders. All about the numbers, what you can gain for them. Users..
Pros
Compensation okay
Cons
Major issues/ Not a people company.
Administrative and Facilities Support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2018
I was contracted to re-work a department that had been left in a chaotic, confusing state. Aarsand employees supported my efforts and were happy with the results. It is a terrific company: well run, positive vibe, happy employees who are valued.
Pros
Great work environment, good pay
Cons
It was a temporary job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aarsand & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2