Aaustin Express Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Amazon Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIAugust 2, 2019
Fired from them for someone else’s actions. On the days I was scheduled off when I came back to work I was notified that I had customer complaints on my driving account On the days that I was off come to find out AAustin dispatchers let someone else use my Amazon driving account to deliver that day and that person gave me more than 1 customer complaint and Amazon Fired me instead firing the person responsible
Terrible
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2019
Don't work there I wouldn't there they work you like a slave
and management is Terrible in unorganized at all....advise you do not work for DHL Aausstin express...
Pros
Work hard
Cons
Management is terrible...
Do what you want
Straight Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJune 27, 2019
All good if u make your own decisions. Not very good at planning the day. They call u all day because they easily get confused on what is going on outside the office even though they are the ones who planned your day
Worst place to work!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJune 24, 2019
If you don’t care and just want a job, this could be the place for you. But overall it’s a horrible place to work. You will never get a raise no mater how hard you work, being a good worker won’t benefit you in any way they will just put more on you and make you go help other slackers when you’re done with your deliveries and you won’t get extra money for it. Management is awful this company is a serious joke. Don’t waste your time keep looking elsewhere.
I was fired due to my health
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIMay 28, 2019
I loved working here as a supervisor. Loved the people and the atmosphere. I was going through an extremely rough patch in my life and missed 3 total days of work...mind you, the manager knew what was going on the entire time. I had no write ups and never got into trouble. I was let go because of this. I truly believe I should have recieved a write up instead of just getting terminated.

As a delivery driver, expect long days, expect to help out and expect to work in all weather types.
Watch what you sign
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 18, 2019
I was advised hours were 10 am - 7 pm; it was more like 10 am - 9 pm. Also, late planes mean later start times or often no work day at all.
Also, if you go thru the hire in process, including drug test and background test and you quit within 90 days - they will charge you nearly $150 for the tests (look at what you sign, it's in small writing on the same page as uniform costs). Even noted if you apply and fail either test they charge you. Crazy.
Training was crazy. Had to ride with a guy who drove 90 mph, tailgated and drove recklessly
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Very disorganized
Not worth it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2019
It’s basically slave driving with 100-250 packages a day and 100-200 stops. With the early start time, having to load your own van (even the boxes that are 30lbs and you), your gps dying on you, going to high crime areas, and running from dogs, I was surprised I didn’t quit sooner. Then you have to go and rescue your coworkers if they’re going slow and being lazy, taking some of their packages and delivering for them. Management changes something every week and doesn’t care about what happens to the drivers as long as the packages get delivered. I was bit by a dog and they still made me finish my route before coming back. They also forced me to work the day where it was -25 degrees outside and said I was fired if I didn’t. All that for $15 an hour. The company is going downhill fast so just save yourself from the stress and work somewhere else cause there’s plenty of better options.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, changes every week
Temporary job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIMay 14, 2019
I have a lot to say about this company but I am going to keep it simple and sweet. The manager is buddy buddy with the regional and they feed lies to employees. Management/regional is HORRIBLE!! If you need money this is the place to work 40+ hours a week required 4 days of work but you can pick up extra days. If you want a career this is not the place for you, no 401k and the insurance rates are extremely high. Expect to do your job and then to do someone else’s. You will lose interest in this job before you even gain any interest.
Pros
Hours and OT
Cons
Management, disrespect, undermining
AWFUL management
Lead Driver/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIApril 19, 2019
management is awful. from the station manager on up. they cut corners all the time which leads to us drivers being set up for failure. they FINALLY raised the starting wage, though it's still pretty low when compared to our rivals. communication is practically non-existent there as well. been screwed over when i went out of state door work too, even after working a 21 hour shift for them that helped saved their contract down there. McDonald's would be preferred to this place. they don't we provide a GPS so you have to go drop $150 on one that optimizes your route.
Pros
few days paid time off, weekends off
Cons
poor communication and management, low pay, cheap
Crazy hours.
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIApril 12, 2019
I ran one of the worst routs on the roster, but most all were bad. I ran packages throughout 10 + city's. Most the time having to break rout for impossible pickup windows. There's usually camaraderie, and people will come out and help, but it was 50/50 if they will take any of your work load or just your pickups on board or of anyone will show up at all. Great attitudes in the warehouse, really awesome to be around. Would recommend if you don't mind being out for up to 10 hours on the road, or sorting and loading your own van.
Pros
Pay
relaxed
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2019
not enough pay for the work and time put in on the job the routes are very large no advancement, Coworkers were fine good environment but the days are far to long
This job was not for me, too fast paced, stressful
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2018
This job is to fast paced, stressful. Pay was not enough for what you had to do. I feel this job is more for younger people. I would not recommend this job for older people.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
Long hours, stressful 200 - 300 packages have to be delivered before your shift is over.
High pace and deadlines had to be met
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 14, 2018
Sort, scan and load packages for delivery to residential and businesses. I am a floater so I have a different route every day. The company could get freight to terminal sooner so we are not so rushed to make the deliveries and pickups
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Equipment problems, Hours
Aaustin Express
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 27, 2018
Working for Aaustin Express was the best but it wasn’t terrible neither. Would of desired better pay & being more organized. But all in all. I made it work
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not being organized
very stressful work environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazel Park, MINovember 16, 2018
Being here has taught me many things about routing and planning ahead for a smooth work day/week. Unfortunately it is a very stressful environment to work in because of the lack of great leadership and professionalism nothing is properly structured here and they doesn't seem to value the employee.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Poor leadership among staff
Loved my job and loved delivering packages for Amazon.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 6, 2018
I was wrongfully terminated two days before my annual review. My co-worker was terminated the next day. They keep employees (one-year) up until annual review then terminate to avoid pay raises and benefits.
Pros
Loved driving and working in the community
Cons
terrible management.
Ridiculous
Courier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 6, 2018
Owners live out of state. Pay starts at $13.75 District manager decides who gets raises but the district manager lives in another state and doesn't know who is who. Doesn't matter how good you are you not getting a raise. 2 1/2 years and only got one raise and that was a quarter more than new hires were getting paid. People have been there 10 years and haden't got a raise. Health insurance $300+ a month just to insure yourself. $5000 deductible. 50+ hours a week in Dayton, OH. delivering huge routes across multiple towns. Some of the vans were in terrible condition mechanically and kept breaking down. The Supervisor was great great guy genuinely concerned about employees but the manager was absolutely horrible you do one thing she don't like and you lose your route, and warehouse manager for DHL made things harder and always had attitude with workers. Managers would help make deliverys when short on drivers but would cost you out for it even if your not at fault. Had to help other drivers finish after I finished my route. From the 1st of November to December 28th worked 15+ hour days Monday to Saturday midnight or later. No future or advancement unless you're friends with someone high.up.
Pros
Great money during peak season
Cons
Poor management
Not worth your time.
Courier (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 13, 2018
Owners live out of state. Pay starts at $10. District manager decides who gets raises but the district manager lives in another state and doesn't know who is who. Doesn't matter how good you are you not getting a raise. 2 1/2 years and only got one 50 cent raise. Top pay around $12 and not worth it. People been there 4 years and haven't got a raise. Health insurance $300+ a month just to insure yourself. $5000 deductible. 40+ hours a week in rural Alabama delivering huge routes across multiple towns. Some of the vans were in terrible condition mechanically and kept breaking down. The managers and boss was good but warehouse manager for DHL made things harder and always had attitudes with workers and customers. Managers would help make deliverys when short on drivers. Had to help other drivers finish after I finished my route. Christmas time worked 12+ hour days Monday to Friday to midnight or later and work Saturday. No future or advancement unless you're friends with someone high.up.
Pros
Work alone at own pace. $25 gift card for Xmas. Free pizza once every 6 months.
Cons
Expensive health insurance, bad vans, low pay, little or no raise, Birmingham traffic.
They tell you 50 hours a week when it’s more 60+
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 5, 2018
You don’t get any family time. The routes were never permanent. You stay out way later than is a reasonable time(8pm-10pm). Also when when winter hits they don’t care if your stuck in snow or have bald tires when your out on the roads. I literally can count on both hands the number of time I have spun out in the middle of traffic due to bad tires. Then they make you take the truck you drive to a shop to get worked on, after that you goto rent a Uhaul to finish your deliveries. It was unprofessional to say the least
Poor management
Courier (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALOctober 4, 2018
I was so excited to work for this company. I didn’t know what I was going to be up against. I became the only female there and it was already uncomfortable but I had men picking arguments with me and trying to put their work off on my assignments I didn’t have any support from management but instead was told to do the extra work making my days harder and lower. They don’t spread the routes out evenly. They would have some of us leaving the wearhouse with over 50 stops and others could have 20 and was never told to take any from others. It was disgusting how they managed the place. We had staff from a different state trying to run what was going on where we was at. The manager wasn’t fair and she had a bad attitude which lead two staff that I knew of to leave not to mention all the texting and driving we had to do while at work because they insist on texting while we are on the route. The amount of he say she say that went on between those so called men was ridiculous as well. I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Wasting your time and energy