Abacus Staffing Employee Reviews

Intern
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2018
Abacus gave me an unpaid internship to complete my master's degree. I will always remember them for that reason. However, because I was an intern, the experience was not comparable to a full-time employee.
Not good productivity
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  PakistanJuly 11, 2018
They need to improve their management system and they also need give some benefits to their employees. Otherwise it's a good company. My work experience id also good.
Pros
No launches
Cons
No short breaks
Great opportunity
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJune 29, 2018
Abacus is fair in providing employment that will accommodate any lifestyle. Flexible hours and competitive pay. the on site staff is competent and reasonable.
i worked here under a family memener
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXJune 19, 2018
ok place to work however it is stressful and competitive . my family member is no longer employed here . she left shortly after me due to stressful environment.
Pros
got to work with family and learned basic assistant skills
Cons
stressful
Staffing/Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 13, 2018
To much to even to talk about. Just horrible. Don't treat staff nor treat the teammate with respect. They don't care about you. No breaks and don't pay enough.
Thabkful
ESP (Current Employee) –  California, MDJune 13, 2018
I am thankful to work at the school there are some things id like to see changed but i am greatful for this experience and i actually really do love my job and thats rare to find.
Stressful place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJMay 30, 2018
When I did work here for the very short time that I did the work was very strenuous. I did slot of work and did not get the proper compensation for it. The manager was very lousy
Manuel labor
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
Abacus Staffing has a great staff. that helps you find the right project best suited to you. they provide medical insurance in case you were hurt on the job as well
Fellow co-workers were easy to get along with.
Picking/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2018
As long as you showed up on time,and there everyday ,you received a bonus at the end of the week.alittle incentive.The manager at the location was a little cranky, but overall everybody was easy to work with.
Fun work place and nice environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDApril 13, 2018
Working with Abacus Corporation at Towson University has been the best work experience I’ve had ever in my working days. Abacus Corporation managers and employees are very vibrant and very respectful of one another. Everyone gets along at Towson University.
Pros
Use of cellular device, tablet (depends on what post)
Cons
N/a
This was a temporary job.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 10, 2018
I had some problems with management and co-workers. The pay was very low for me and they would not give me a raise. I would recommend this job for someone who wanted job stability and to get paid weekly.
Pros
weekly pay, job stabilty
Cons
low pay, management
Carpenters Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
I appreciated the company for providing me the opportunity to work for a great company. The pay rate was sufficient to take care of my needs and save $$
Very helpful when it came to workers right.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2018
The customer switched my contract and gave me a raise. The customer was easy to work for with a few perks. Organized and very professional. If I needed time of to handle personal business or a family emergency, they wre helpful.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
The Warehouse Manager was difficult to get along with but, we stuck together as a team.
Find out for yourself
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2018
Not a place I would apply at again, it's a waste of time.
Reapplied and was hired but get to orientation and I was told I'm unhireable. Ppl need more opportunities not this.
Lack of Communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2018
When I started with this company my starting pay was $10.00 per hour. The post pay varied. About 2 years in they had contract negotiations and didn’t bother to fight for us at this particular post. The post kept our contract but our pay went DOWN to $8.50 per hour.
Not long after that we lost a day. 4 days a week. To save money, the posts staff didn’t let us in on Tuesday nights while their staff was off. Basically I was forced to not work on Tuesday nights, and I could not work holidays if scheduled during the week. I had to be off whenever staff was off. It screwed with our pay badly. And made no sense... we’re security, why were we not to be there at all times?
They did this to save money. And Abacus management didn’t bother to tell any of us about the pay decrease. In fact Abacus management never bothered to inform us of pretty much anything.
Pros
No real pros
Cons
Lack of comms
Great place to get temporary work from. If I had too this would be the place I would go back to get a temporary work.
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 22, 2018
Great place to get temporary work and they keep you working. You can learn different programs to make you more qualified for the job. They what you to work and succeed in what you what to do.
Pros
The hours and the days of the week to work are great.
Cons
Not enough long term positions.
Great place for employment
Develoment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 16, 2018
Abacus is a great employer, their clients are very rreliable, knowledgeable and willingness to share prosperity. I enjoyed the management team of the organization. My work skills were very useful requiremenits and helpful.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not longterm employment
Good Staffing Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2018
Abacas Staffing is a good staffing agency to do temporary work for. They provide temporary work that can last from 6 months to 2 years.

Abacas Staffing is a good choice for warehouse workers that seek temporary work.
productive adn breaks are enjoyable with a ping pong table and basket ball hoop
Warehouse Associate- Production line (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 2, 2018
With this job, you are on a production line moving product down to be shipped out. However its great when the line picks up the pace, although most of the time it is very steady and slow to make the day drag on making it seem longer than it really is.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
There is very poor communication between management and workers
Ok place for temporary job.
Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 2, 2018
Ok place to work. My experience is that you do have to contact them weekly, once your temp job is over. They do not contact you to assist you or encourage your job search. Follow-up to voicemail has been a little slow at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abacus Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.