Abacus Technology Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working To Hit a Buget
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2018
Staring your shift right is key to working in a warehouse environment. Proceeding safety knowing what the budgeted goal of product to be handled is important. if your working with safety in mind first and hit the goals before your shift is over you will keep management happy.
Fun work place
Packers and Packagers, Hand (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2018
I love working though Abacus Temp they have some of the best jobs.The surrounding of the work place they put you are some positive people and out going.
Professional
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMay 1, 2018
People I worked with were great and professional. Work days were standard and could be flexible depending on client. Educational opportunities exist and were utilized.
Not a good place to work
Staffing District Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 26, 2018
This company is not very family oriented and does not do what they say they will do. The pay is not good and benefits are non existing. The company has difficulties retaining customers and employees.
Flexable work hours, good benefits along with 10 Holidays off
Staff Accountant / Collections (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed most of the staff I came in contact with in person at the Corporate location as well as the other locations. Some of the Supervisors would allow you to work flexible hours if they thought it was justified in their lives. Not all of the staff could work from home, They supplied Free breakfast every 1st Monday of the month. They offered health challenges (games) which you could win prizes and money towards your HSA.
Pros
Flexiable working hours along with working from home
Cons
No advanacement or training on new assignments.
A good working environment.
Technician - Voice Communications (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLApril 20, 2018
A work day included trouble tickets or work orders. All workers were competent. Manager was very friendly. The most enjoyable was working work orders.
Pros
Very few problems with management.
ok
House keeping, Maintaining cleanliness (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 5, 2018
abacus was ok the hours was ok nd the manager was rude it wasnt the kind of work i was lookin for but it was decent i had freindly coworkers and the work was super easy
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
poor management
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDApril 4, 2018
Long work hours for low pay.
In a 12 hour work period we had one 30 minute break and one 10 minute one.
Work was easy just no sitting.
Unclean restrooms.
Good company to work for
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
I would recommend this company to work for. I gained more experience that I can utilize in my future jobs.
A typical day was pretty busy at times with down time often.
Government Contracting
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMarch 26, 2018
What can I say. It's like any other contracting job. You never know how long it will last and the company management is only partly in control. You take your chances.
hard back breaking work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2018
for 9,00 a hour they wanted you to work like you are getting 16.50 hot and dirty work environment always being micro managed by people who are not managers only have been there a little longer
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
hot dry weather
I really enjoy working with them
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2018
I did get experience working for Abacus and they really are good about helping u find work that's what I appreciate about them. The people that I talk to are very professional.
Publications and Forms/Security
Assistant Base Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NM 87117February 12, 2018
Interact with Military personnel to draft guidance to be used base-wide for compliance.
Provide security manager duties for the contract and the Air Base Wing
Cons
healthcare
Easy security company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Easy company to work for as long as you do your job. if they would pay more per hour this would be a awesome company to work for minus they dont have any benefits as well.
Pros
Everyone looks nice in their uniform
Cons
Pay sometimes didnt add up
Contract Work for USAF
Planner / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 17, 2018
The nature of working as a contractor for the USAF is difficult at best. The environment lacks team effort and the ability to make decisions. Contracting companies treat their employees as less than human. There is no job growth or professional development. I was reprimanded for trying to fix problems and develop skills. I was threatened with my job on a weekly basis because my work ethic made others look bad. A great place to work if you want to coast until retirement.
Pros
Consolidated Work Schedule (80 hours in 9 days)
Cons
Employees are a number only.
Time Management good for rehire
Mail Clerk/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for company since 2011. Professional temporary job openings with companies in government. Administrative and clerical work in area
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
low pay
Good place with my qualifications
SERVICE/ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2018
Was content working here, decent hours, flexible hours, management was very compliant, job tasks were laid out for me on daily basis, expectations were obvious of the job and of me
temp service
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 3, 2018
I had used this temp service for employment. The only thing I have to say is the organization was not there. Bad experience with there pay card that was issued to me through them.
Pros
timely manners
Cons
organization can be better
production
production laborer (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJanuary 2, 2018
it is just like all other staffing agencies if there is not enough work they send you home or if there is tons of work they make you work longer hrs also once the job gets really slow they lay you off
Collaborative work team
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLDecember 31, 2017
Great team - all work together very well. Get many challenges to work on a weekly basis; however, there is always someone to discuss decisions, plans, and directions to take.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Collaborative work team