AbacusNext

United States106 reviews

AbacusNext insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

They bite more than they can chew

What I hate about my job here was the management overpromising to our clients. They tend to bite more than they can chew and guess who suffered? Us employees. They never cared if their people could still accommodate everything they had agreed on with the clients and they would just pressure us into submission.

They put the responsibility on the employees

They take on clients and projects and agree on unrealistic expectations and unreasonable deadlines. And then they put the responsibility on the employees. It's unfair to us because they put the blame on us when things don't go as planned.

Pros

Working for a big company has its perks in future applications.

Revolving door for IT talents

AbacusNEXT is a revolving door for It talent. You will be recognized for your numbers, not your quality. There are lots of extra projects that can take up countless hours of extra a week outside the office hours discussed above. And all of these above and beyond efforts are not appreciated or compensated. If possible find a better place instead.

Pros

This is a good place to learn, for up to six months if you have zero experience.

No life

It's no fun working in sales here at AbacusNext because all you have to think about was how to make more and more sales. It's a lonely place to work for because there's no teamwork, no efforts done for teambuilding and there's just no connection with colleagues. I'm a social person so this culture really upset me that I lose motivation to work.

The work is a constant grind

Vey difficult to provide any type of feedback or critiques to upper management. Abacus Next does not understand its market or clients. The work is a constant grind with public shaming used as a daily tactic to boost performance. They will do anything for a sale, it didn't seem to be completely transparent with employees or clients.

Pros

The product works most of the time. Hardworking staff. Fast-paced environment with, lots of different types of work being done.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Extremely toxic and demeaning

They have a strict attendance policy, you can put in 8 hours or more a day and they will still point you if you clock in or out with more than a 2-minute difference, even from lunches and small breaks. Management lacks leadership training. Some managers were extremely toxic and demeaning in their management ways.

Unhappy place.

You would often see managers arguing out loud with each other there. It was a very intense place and most of the people were unhappy. I'm glad that I left already. There's no career growth, you will learn nothing there that would help your career or resume. Better look for employment elsewhere.

Nah!

If someone asks me whether they should join this company, my answer will be Nah! the company is growing rapidly, but I didn't feel a part of that rapid growth. My personal learning and skill development also didn't grow at the pace I expected.

Pros

Nothing I want to add here.

Sell, Sell and then Sell Some More

The job was all about selling, selling, and more selling. There was no learning involved, and I didn't see it adding to my skills. I wanted something better, so I decided to quit early and not wait for long. You should do it too!

Pros

The compensation is a tool they use to lure people.

Too much favoritism

This company had been handling out raises and promotions like candy. Before the layoff, nearly 50% of the company had inflated senior titles and bloated salaries to match. This might sound like a pro, but when senior positions and manager titles were being handed out without the necessary development and training to go with them, it was not. This resulted in a surplus of first-time managers with no idea how to run a team and little to no support from the top management.

Never seen a company that treats employees so bad

Pay was horrible. Management had no concern for all employees. They said they wanted to be competitive in pay but weren't even competitive to start. Never seen a company that treats employees so bad. We only made money for the company. Office equipment and furniture were horrible. Facilities were also bad and boring

Going nowhere

Work here only if you're willing to be stuck doing the same thing over and over and getting paid the same amount without any growth and any career advancement. Working here was like doing something without an end goal - you're just there to go with the flow. I didn't want to waste my time without achieving anything for my career so I chose a different path.

It didn't meet my expectations

Simply put, the workplace didn't meet my expectations. I have no problem with working hard, but they push the employees far beyond their limit and don't cut them a break. Even taking a small break from work made me feel ugly.

Unachievable Targets

One thing I hated about this workplace ws unchievable targets. The management is not doing a good job of involving people who actually do the job to help decide when the targets or deadlines should be set. It just overcommits, which makes us look bad!

Productive and fun workplace

Customers were polite sometimes. The co workers would help if needed. There was free lunch like twice a month. Very quiet and there was the normal workplace drama.

Learn to value employee opinions

The management must learn how to value employee opinion. We interact with customers daily and know their expectations better. Sadly, the management doesn't think the employees or their opinions are valueable enough.

High pressure gets to you

The high pressure of the job was the only reason I quit. The management kept increasing the pressure until I reached my limit. Once the limit was crossed, I had no choice but to resign.

Unprofessional place to work

This company lacks professionalism in the office. Lots of gossips, backstabbing and groupings like the ones when you're in high school. People who work here for long act like children because they indeed work here for long. They think they can bully anyone. You will wonder how this people get to work in a corporate world with that kind of behavior.

Uncoordinated efforts

Meeting the needs of the clients is difficult as there is a lack of proper coordination between people of different departments. Most clients were frustrated due to this, and they vent their frustration on me. It's not what I had in mind when I joined. I had to leave.

Stress and anxiety

I only got stress and anxiety from working here. They set unrealistic goals without giving consideration to employees' work-life balance. They don't offer support and help that could aid employees in achieving those unrealistic goals. It was a very stressful working environment where I got anxious all the time. Glad I was able to find a better job with better working condition.

Work anywhere else, This is a dead end.

This is a place where you see no growth. There are sales reps here since 4-5 years ago still in the same level, same responsibility. As long as you sell and can close a deal (being honest or not), you have a job. Miss your goals for one month and you are out. Never had a one on one with my manager. It is only push push push. The VP of sales is a joke, he thinks he is a manager, but all he knows is to put pressure on his team. No real development, no great product, no good price, he just pushes the staff to sell more or get axed.

Pros

Some nice co-workers.

Cons

Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AbacusNext. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2