ABB Optical Group Employee Reviews

monotonous, out of date SOP's, old school methodologies, broken equipment, out of date technology
Entry Level Picker (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 26, 2019
I despised and loathed working here. Breaks and lunch were literally controlled by a timer. It felt like being a robot. Every day was exactly the same. It was the worst most monotonous most brain dead job i've ever had. I literally hated every moment of every day. The main guy in charge of training was extremely unhappy person which trickled down. The supervisors were lazy and overweight. The only perk was that the people I worked with were nice, but other then that I would only recommend this job if one is looking for a short term way to make a few bucks. But plan on being miserable . One of the policies that drove me absolutely nuts was the no listening to music policy, until done with training. The job is literally picking teenie tiny boxes of contacts for hours on end. Without being able to listen to music the job is literally daily doses of misery. It's like being stuck in a bad movie that repeats itself every day. Also you can't chew gum or snack on which is really annoying. You are basically like a controlled robot, or perhaps just an unappreciated and underpaid widget in a highly controlled and monitored environment. Dont work here unless you want to have the life sucked out of your soul. The pay is LOW, especially for a BILLION dollar company. I think for how BLEEP BLEEP and boring the job is everyone should start off at $20/hr and move up from there. Oh yeah one last thing, they had mandatory Saturday morning 6 AM work days, that were randomly determined and if you didn't show up you would be fired. .. over worked and underpaid.
Pros
free coffee, nice co-workers
Cons
everything
Abb optical Group is not a good company.
Senior Fullfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 21, 2019
Human Resources personnel at Alameda location is racist...beware! She appeaers to be nice but its the opposite.Totally unprofessional.Managers,supervisors all have favoritism. You'll get depressed if you work here.
Cons
Everything..you get depressed working here.
poorly run company
Fullfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 23, 2019
many policies put into place but not enforced,poorly managed company,typical day at work was not knowing if you would be there 8 hours or 10 hours,nost enjoyable part was co workers
fulfillment specialist
Fulfillment Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 14, 2019
I worked here for nearly three years now and all I can say is that its a lot of hours that they want you to work & it can become pretty overwhelming because of everything they ask from you. Personally I believe that they require too much from their employees for such a low pay.
People that interview should not be rude or feel threatend
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 4, 2019
I was called cocky and was told I talk a big game. People should know the difference between somoene that wants to work and give %100 but I guess they want no change or someone to make a difference in their job, actions speak louder then words .
It's a decent place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2019
Lots of juggling numbers and prioritizing work. Mentally challenging at times but not physically taxing. The hours aren't bad, but some of the minutes can be a pain.
Work there feel like a second home..
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 17, 2019
I was 7 years working for them.. it a lot opportunity to work for this company especially growing with the company..Manager and Supervisor they are excellent they work with you in every way.
The company expects for you to keep up the same Amount of percentage each day and that's not possible
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAAugust 8, 2019
The company expects a lot from you each Day The more you put out The more work they want from you they expect more each Day. You can be on time everyday work hard and the company is still not satisfied
Production Lab Technician specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 17, 2019
I love to work there I had a good coworkers good lead and good supervisors they gave me the opportunity to learn all I know I started knowing only packing I now I ended been production lab technician specialist
Pros
Free lunch every 3-4 months
Cons
Short breaks
ABB Optical
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 11, 2019
It was always a fast paced job even the breaks felt rushed. Aside from that it was a pretty easy repetitive system. The environment was very hot I must say and some of the areas were dusty. Lots and lots of labor.
Productive place to work
Senior Account Manager/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJune 8, 2019
As far as sales goes with ABB Optical Group, there are many different portfolio items, with changing degrees of importance. The more adaptable you are the better. ABB Optical Group gives you many opportunities to shine.
Pros
They really want to help, and partner with its customers
Cons
you never have to worry about down time
I do not recommend this job even if it was the last job on earth
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 17, 2019
-work is really repetitive, they only have you doing the same thing everyday
- schedules are changed without thinking of the employees personal life
- they overwork employees to the point where they can't even stand walking through the door
- leads disrespect and target people
- Manager doesn't respect employees when it comes to leads bothering them and calling them liars
- fire people for no reason
- when the people from Florida come they treat employees like slaves
- Their is a lot of preference with employees
- forcefully put employees are put to do overtime without another break given to them
- pay so little money for the. job they make employees do
- THE MANAGEMENT IS REALLY BAD AND UNPROFESSIONAL
Pros
get to listen to music
Fun energetic work place
Fullfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 22, 2019
ABB Optical group was a very nice place to work , not one bad thing to say about my time working there all around great management and staff , great pay , a friendly competitive work environment .
Pros
Free food, fun activities outside of work
shift
Fullfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 8, 2019
In you have children's the part time shift is excellent. they are very flexible when you have a situation. the job culture is good. they train you for 8 weeks.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short breaks
Productive, but toxic envirnoment
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAApril 1, 2019
The hours weren't always fair and you never knew when you were getting off of work. There's a lot of personal feelings and favoritism in this entire workplace especially if you're not a teacher's pet. The higher ups weren't always fair or understanding. People love to gossip about each other here! Can build easy friendships for the meantime because they hire anyone. Work is easy, should be a temporary job because it makes you miserable.
Pros
Benefits, Easy work
Cons
Drama, Favoritism, Unfairness
Amazing!!!
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 31, 2019
This job was a great experience. This was my first job and I was only 15. I got paid 10.50 per hour. The only thing that isn’t perfect is that we are timed.
Productive and Encouraging
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 26, 2019
You can expect to be greeted with smiles and friendliness when you clock into work. The most enjoyable thing about working at ABB is the culture. They deploy new things in order to keep their workers happy.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Stay away
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAMarch 9, 2019
There is no work /life balance The company does promote charity work and encourages it. The management is unstable and does not communicate effectively with each other as 3 different managers tell you to do differs things and question you when you are doing what another told you to do
Pros
Not much
Cons
Low pay and raises. The management is not respectful of all employees
Excellent work environment to grow
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 14, 2019
-High energy
-Punctuality, work ethic, distribution, customer service
-Diverse and passionate
-Teamwork
-Accountability
-Ownership
-Demanding management, however very rewarding
Okay place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Decent place for young college students to work. Will have to find a balance between work and school. Work environment is structured and the expectations are made clear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB Optical Group. Our community is ready to answer.