ABB Employee Reviews

Found 1,171 reviews matching the search See all 3,313 reviews
Horrible place to work. No leadership. Poor management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 19, 2019
Horrible place to work. You may stay a temp two years and someone else comes in gets hired two months. Nothing but favoritism. Management really sucks!
ABB is a good place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 19, 2019
I spent only six months on a contract to ABB Robotics. I learned to use SAP for accounting and finance to perform project bookings, invoicing and order acknowledgement and collections. I assisted the Project Management team to review, seek approvals and Enter projects into SAP. The training was personal and doors of management were open for assistance.
ok
Electronic Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2019
Goals can be short sighted and purchasing is off the hook. Net 90, who deals with these terms. Projects are driven by engineers who have little power over management. Management blames engineers for projects running late.
Pros
Engineers
Stress-free environment
SENIOR SPECIALIST - MEDIA SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2019
Worked in a stress-free environment with good people however overall focus of company was haphazard. Culture of company lacked passion and cohesiveness partly due to uncertainty and flux within the organization.
No Longer in Business
General/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMarch 15, 2019
Again, this is a total waste of time for anyone looking to work for ABB as they went out of business back in 2010. The owner is no longer in the area and everyone has moved on
Stressful environment
SCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 14, 2019
Very stressful, unorganized, no written processes when people leave we start from scratch.
Too many projects - little support from Management.
Culture is unfriendly and competitive.
Advancement is not clear.
A typical day at work is putting out fires, there is no room to actually work on making processes better.
HR department is non-engaged, and has ethics issues.
good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSMarch 11, 2019
fast paced working environment. you must know how to work in a production based place. The overall work was not hard, it has been years since i have worker there so im sure they have improved greatly. T
Great company to work for.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAMarch 10, 2019
Great company to work for. Treat employees great and balance work and home life effectively. Works with employees to teach them more about the working of the business.
Pros
Great work/home life balance.
Cons
Lay offs every few years due to business cycles.
Abb
Global Sales Manager - Product Manufacturing Unit (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVMarch 4, 2019
ABB Process Manufacturing Unit in Lewisburg was well-managed at the local level, but was handicapped by a sales model structured by corporate management.
The General Manger was excellent in terms of market understand and product.
The workplace culture suffered due to dropping sales created by a restructuring of the manufacturer's representative network and commission structures. The changes created uncertainty that the facility would remain open. It has now since been relocated.

The hardest part of the job was the loss of half of the rep network which created a gap in sales. This was a corporate management decision.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. They were hard-working, knowledgeable, and understood process analytics.
Pros
People, remaining sales channels
Cons
Aging products, Corporate Management
Fast Pace
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 1, 2019
Fun fast paced work place with lots to learn. Managers and dispatch are friendly but you can be forgotten if you are not constantly asking for work. Job overall is enjoyable.
it is ok
Operational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 28, 2019
they help to grown in the company.
ABB Company has only one shifting the morning.
I have the opportunity to grew in this company very fast, they recognize and value my hard work in the company.
My overall review of working at abb
designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2019
A typical day at work has become pretty much total chaos. Coming from an architectural back ground I have managed to learn more about power and signal wiring. The workplace culture has become too divided by lesser experienced people being allowed to do lower quality of work. The hardest part of my daily job is trying to work with my team without worrying about one getting upset and fabricating false claims to the manager or human resource department. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the privilege of working flexible hours when needed.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Inexperienced engineers and drafters
This was over 20 years ago
FIELD SERVICE AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 26, 2019
The position I had with this company was via contract and I was promised to be hired full time by ABB but that never happened and was constantly working out of the country for them
Groth opportunities
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 25, 2019
Very rewarding job with the opportunity to help individuals be a part of the team and to be successful. Great staff and a company that truly cares about their employees. I do appreciate what I've learned working here and hope to carry that into my next position.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Travel
They underpay
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2019
I went to work there and the benefits are great, vacation time is good. There are no set standards, each supervisor does his own thing. You usually get 40 hours but sometimes you can come up short, only about twice a year. They expect you to work overtime. That is the only way to make a decent living. The wages are low and the raises to the next level isn't much. Yearly cost of living is 2.5% usually less. HR doesn't post the real pay scale or much else. Lot of turn over. Management always watching you on the cameras.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Most things
Fast paced
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Bland, VAFebruary 24, 2019
Fast pace working production ti build transformers and ship every week. Normal to work 10 hour shifts with 6 days a week. Pay is very competitive and team work environment.
Great job, poor leadership
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 22, 2019
While the job itself is great, the leadership/management is terrible. During my time there, I loved my coworkers like family, however, the human resources and management made my position extremely stressful. There was lots of "behind-my-back" conversations among HR about my job status which led to my resignation. Once I left, HR still dragged their tails on informing my retirement and other agencies that I no longer worked for them, therefore, I could not receive my benefits.
Well run company
Production and Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVFebruary 21, 2019
Ability to make a major impact on the business. Opportunities to work in multiple areas of interest and to make significant contributions in the workplace
Pros
fast paced
exceptional workplace culture
Topped out A Winder (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2019
It is a place your can learn. It is not a job; it was an career where you could rise in the ranks of management. Abb had good employees who took pride in their work. Workers became an extended family after so many years of togetherness. An exceptional atmosphere where the employees stayed until retirement.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, good management, nice place to work
Cons
kept unproductive workers
Challenging
Machine Operator set up and operate (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 19, 2019
I always set my goal each day by seeing how much I could accomplish instead of how many parts I could get done. which was always more than needed. enough to supply 2 shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ABB.

Powered by Comparably