ABB Employee Reviews

Found 732 reviews matching the search See all 2,612 reviews
I enjoy the people I work with
Ocal fittings assembler (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro ArkansasOctober 17, 2018
I have enjoyed learning about the different parts and doing the different jobs at ABB the management are friendly,my zone leaders are fun the employees over all seems nice and friendly.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
Great company to be a part of.
Customer Service/ Purchasing Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 16, 2018
Western region customer service rep for low voltage products, handling all inquiries regarding day-to-day
activities. Also working towards level one customer technical support.
Process/ Investigate customer transactions including purchase orders, returns, expedite request, delivery issues,
returns and all other customer inquiries to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Vast knowledge and experience of purchasing including internal system to system networking while staying SOX
compliant. Systems being SAP to MAPICS. SAP as the day to day key system.
Many more duties including and exceeding the following, purchasing, key account management, expediting,
vendor/ customer support and sales support.
Abb
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAOctober 16, 2018
ABB was a great a place to work. My job consisted of data entry and being a relief telephone operator. I entered data for different lines of products. Created reports for morning meetings. Answered phones.
Management there was fair and he took time to check on people there.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
union shop, fair pay per job
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAOctober 14, 2018
Worked there for 15yrs. learned a lot about the electrical industry and how high voltage breakers were manufactured. But there was a lot of favoritism between company and union.
Pros
Union good pay
Cons
hire people then let them go after 6 mos
Abb
Manager Business Control (Former Employee) –  Bezirk Zürich, ZHOctober 13, 2018
ABB has been a great place to work, because of the opportunities I have been given to work in different countries and different areas. Also the variety of businesses has contributed immense to my knowledge. It was hard work, but I enjoyed it very much.
Productive and much to learn
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 9, 2018
Have learned a lot here , best place to explore power and protection engineering. Good colleagues to help me, experienced people working so overall experience and knowledge is gained here.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Rewarding and Motivating
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PAOctober 8, 2018
Management, in my personal experience, was professional. He managed to promote positive solutions during company changes and keep the team motivated.

During the time of shut down, he successfully managed the process to run smoothly and as efficiently as possible.

Team player was always the focus.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no opportunities to stay on-board/work remote
Working Life at ABB
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at ABB. They were a large company that had many layers of management.
I participated in many training programs while I was there and learned many technical features of switchgear that was helpful in doing my job.
Review
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
Employee morale is extremely low, upper management doesn't show the employees are appreciated. Turnover is currently high so jobs are available within, but the company is currently practicing a LEAN style so people are overworked.
Productive workplace.
Winding Team Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 2, 2018
I work 3rd shift at ABB. The workplace culture is fairly ok. There I have learned more about electrical configurations at the facility. Having to work with electrical motors has elevated my attention to detail. I enjoy most of the coworkers I've encountered at ABB. The hardest part of this job is the competitiveness. Management can definitely improve.
Pros
Quick Paced
Cons
Too competitive
Terrible Workplace
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Bland, VAOctober 1, 2018
Management and employees do not respect any form of education. Management think they are psych. professors and love to stereotype people and ignore hard working people in favor of lazy, pretentious people who only do enough to get by and step on anyone else who actually likes to work, who make them look bad. This particular location was losing millions of dollars and customers at every turn and it's not hard to see why, but management marches on like nothing is wrong, then bark about it at every plant-wide meeting. At that pace, this place won't last very long unless major changes to just about every aspect of managament takes place, and quickly, or just watch them tank. Every employee is super quick to tell you how bad management is! The most Interesting thing I learned while at this job is how the company has been in trouble multiple times for bribing government officials around the world, and various nefarious business dealings that they seem to be proud of. Stay away from this company if you can. If you can fit in and survive, then by all means give it a try, but do so in a place that forbids that you may be terminated for something extremely trivial, or you may be fired for something that you do not have any control over, and definitely not related to your job performance!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Good place to work.
Customer Service Assistant-Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 28, 2018
ABB is a good place to work for. Culture, laid back friendly environment. I like that ABB is being to review process improvements at every aspect of the business.
Great place to work for.
DTR/Wireman (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VASeptember 26, 2018
This is a great place for anyone to work for and advance their employment opportunities. The work environment is good, management is good, and the people that work their are good. Overall great place to work for.
A good place to work
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKSeptember 25, 2018
I started out in the inventory department and quickly worked my way up to receiving This is a warehouse job that has some problems with the difference between the office side and the manufacturing side. I was laid off during a slow time in the oil and gas sector
Never a dull moment
Warranty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VASeptember 24, 2018
Seems like there is always something going on at work to keep us busy. Unfortunately being in warranty customer finds an issue today but wanted it addressed last week a lot of the time.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
So many issues
poorly managed and operated company
Manufacturing associate (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VASeptember 22, 2018
Management has no clue how to do the job they are managing and are running our site into the ground. Long hours for not much pay. Not much room for advancement.
Tough culture
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Inconsistent overall company message. Changes on a quarter by quarter basis.
Leadership changes often with different goals set. Unreasonable goals set.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Instability
Loved it
Clinical Trials Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
I loved it, it was an amazing place to work. I was only a summer intern but one of the best experiences of my life. I would recommend applying if you have the chance.
its a clean plant
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Pinetops, NCSeptember 19, 2018
The business itself is great, but the leadership and all the other corruption makes a very hostile environment. There a lot of neq very young employees who's work ethic is very low, also a lot of favortism and sexism among management.
Negative place
Thomas & Betts, a Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
very stressful work environment characterized by general chaos. Lack of integration into broader ABB. Management changes were routine. Rats jumping off a sinking ship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight