ABB Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 672 reviews matching the search See all 2,488 reviews
A work Day
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK 74006July 15, 2018
Come into work get job packets, assemble floats, test them. Keep in close contact with management for changes. Was part of the Events committee that planned and set up for different events for the employees and the safety committee which intaled having meetings once a month on what safety issues that needed taken care of and make sure that all work areas had their proper safety items. The most enjoyable parts of this job were the employees and being on the events and safety committee's.

Management was very difficult to work with, the "open door policy," was not initiated. They would tell employees that they would handle a situation and nothing was ever done.
Pros
Being on the events and safety committee"s
Cons
Dealing with insufficient management
Good place to work to make ends meet
Rings Assembler/TPR Molder (Current Employee) –  Pinetops, NCJuly 12, 2018
It is a good job. The downside it that it allows minimal opportunities to advance and become a full time associate. It allows the opportunity to learn different aspects of the process to make the equipment.
Gained experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
A great job. The company went thru ups and downs and had the opportunity to work with some great people . I was given the opportunity to meet and gain knowledge from a great industry
A good place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Crystal Springs, MSJuly 11, 2018
A great place to work.

The only downside is that ABB is a heavily matrix driven organization with multiple layers of management, some with differing goals and visions for the future of the organization.
job duty
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJuly 7, 2018
I very like the job, people from work is very nice and friendly. I been learned a lot from the job. The supervisor are very patient. It gives me a lot of opportunity to learn
Great job
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAJuly 6, 2018
The job is ok. The pay is not the best. Alot of people is leaving the company because of the pay. Business is not the best. The company can improve in a lot of areas.
Plant Closed 06/29/2018
Coil Winder Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Abb was a good place to work. Good pay, good benefits. Too much favoratism. Too much forced overtime. Changed management to often. Very unorganized management.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great working atmosphere
Senior Manufacturing Quality Tester/MOL Technician (Current Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJuly 4, 2018
Its a great place to work. The management has changed several times within the three years I been there and the opportunity for career advancement seem to me scarce.
Good company with great benefits
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2018
As a Field Engineer, travelling and eating alone is typical, but long hours and high voltage work makes the job extremely dangerous. There is always the chance of dropping the customer's power source, which makes it very stress environment to always do a great job.
Pros
Benefits & pay. Lots of work for years to come.
Cons
Long work hours, lots of travelling, and away from home and family.
Great stepping stone
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2018
Learned alot with ABB and they provided alot of great training. Sadly once on the road and traveling from customer site to customer site it became clear there was not a job for a family man. Was tolfd70% travel but in reality was much more. Was home 1 weekend a month.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Too much travel
Many funson oragnised outdoor for get together.
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Omans, WAJuly 1, 2018
ABB oragnised many programme outside. It is very good company, I was lucky to joined in this oragnisation. But it is short term service. When he will give opportunity then immeditaly join us.
Pros
Cons
helthcare
Fast paced technical environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 1, 2018
A lot of knowledge is required to perform at ABB. Many of the inside sales representatives have engineering degrees. The company is growing by leaps and bounds and acquiring competitors.
Pros
great pay
Cons
very high tech
Constant change of mission
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2018
While at ABB I witnessed two company takeovers. Through all this and massive downsizing the company stayed focused on its products and services. By the time I left things were settling down and missions were followed.
People were nice, professional, understanding, professional, friendly, hard working, team culture and collaborative ideas.
Sr. RMR Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 26, 2018
Great Company to work for. I worked at ABB for 10 years and did not have much to complain about. Management was easy to work and Co- Workers were team oriented.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great people, many products and solutions.
Cons
ABB doesn't promote employees from within.
Love the company but could improve
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2018
ABB is a great company to work for if you are an engineer, they are a huge company so there are plenty of opportunities to find something that you like. As an intern, I learned a lot during my time there that I don't think I could have learned from a textbook in school. I loved the people and everyone I worked with, but I do see some problems that they need to fix.

First off, ABB is a huge company made up of many division; however, there is very little collaboration across division, or at least that's how it was in the division I worked for. I believe this is mainly because each division acts as its own company and sees the others as separate businesses under the same name, ABB.

Branching off my first point, ABB is made up of bunch of companies they have bought over the years, such as Baldor Motor, B&R, Thomas & Betts, and recently GE Industrial, and these companies are what make up the different divisions of ABB. A big problem within ABB, especially in the United States, is the culture that has formed within these business units. For many of the older people who worked at the company before it was bought by ABB, they have this 'Big Brother' mindset when it comes to ABB and act as if they are the 'Dark Side'. I believe that this hinders collaboration and movement between the business unit.

Also, pay for Interns is competitive/average when compared to normal businesses; however, there are many companies is the area that pay 20-30% more. This is also a hindrance as many broke college students are going to pick another company based on compensation.
Abb is a cuthroat company well atleast the employees are
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJune 19, 2018
I have had several horrible experiences with abb.
Working for them I know how they treat customers as well as employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone ever
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, Horrible work ethic and very unprofessional
Good but not Great
Senior Recruiter Front End Sales Power Products (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 18, 2018
Working in the HR/Talent department was more micromanaged than it needed to be. Instead of focusing most attention towards recruiting, there tended to be many "add on" projects that tore you away from the task at hand (finding talent).
Pros
Good benefits, pay was good.
Cons
Some managers were very micro.
Positive workplace
BAILEY CONTROLS, ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJune 16, 2018
Great Company to work for. I worked at ABB for 19 years and did not have much to complain about. Management was easy to work and Co- Workers were team oreiented.
Pros
Flexable Work schedule
Cons
Bonus payout in March-April instead of Holidays.
productive work place
Assembly Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pinetops, NCJune 13, 2018
I really enjoy workibg at ABB as far as my co workers my whole are cool. I dont think theres nothing hard about ABB, A typical day at work i clock in and if there was any work left on my table i try to figure out what to do with it before o get started.
Great Place to Work
Senior Technical Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Great people. Bonuses were every year when the department showed a profit. It was hard to move up in the company. It was impossible to change departments.
Pros
Cutting edge work.
Cons
Was layed off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight