ABB Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Senior Technical Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Great people. Bonuses were every year when the department showed a profit. It was hard to move up in the company. It was impossible to change departments.
Pros
Cutting edge work.
Cons
Was layed off.
Wonderful company to work for
Payroll Customer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2018
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Obtained many skills, excellent working environment
All my managers were wonderful
Fantastic culture
Nothing hard about the job, managers provided wonderful support.
Most enjoyable part was working on a team, really enjoyed the working environment at ABB.
Pros
Wonderful working environment, fantastic pay, excellent benefits
Cons
No Cons
Very fast past
Optical Group Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 8, 2018
I learned alot of new things working at ABB. It was vedy fast paste. I liked it although i began medical issues while i was working there so i had to resign.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Managment
ABB Summary
Senior Systems Programmer/Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 6, 2018
Nice place to work. It provides a great place for teams to form, a challenging work environment, a great place to work, many good benefits, flexible working time.
Pros
Challenging job
Cons
Too many meetings
Engineering Technician
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2018
1). Get your Daily Task List and begin working

2). Learned how to operate new equipment

3). Good management

4).Excellent work culture

5). A lot of multitasking

6). Weekends off
Pros
Hour lunches
Excelente Ambiente de Trabajo
Prácticas Profesionales (Current Employee) –  San Luis PotosíMay 26, 2018
Esta empresa me dio la oportunidad de realizar mis Prácticas Profesionales en el Departamento de Bid & Proposals, en el que actualmente elaboro cotizaciones para Subestaciones de Potencia para la parte de Control y Protecciones Eléctricas en Colaboración con los departamentos de Compras, Ingeniería, Project Manager, Finanzas, etc.
Pros
Excelente ambiente de Trabajo, Horarios y Prestaciones
Cons
Ninguno
Productive place to work
Application Engineer (Controls) (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 25, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. meet good people and people you work with are practically family. nice environment to work in. ABB treats you well.
KPI Driven - Bottom Line Focus
Global Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2018
Provided great training. You're treated like a number. Undervalues promotable superior performers for "yes" managers. Terrible leadership with little to no opportunity for mid-level managers to make it into executive management.
Pros
Great training and benefits
Cons
Incompetent management, cannot see value of superior employees
no comments
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 21, 2018
As part of a European corporation, the benefits given by the company are slightly more generous than most corporations base in the US. The number of vacation hours available after 5 years is much greater then most US companies while the holiday schedule is about the same. Advancement opportunities within a local facility are very limited and most advancements require relocation to another facility.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
limited oppertunity if unwilling to relocate
A lade back place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 21, 2018
i,ve worked at ABB for 3 months it was a coo lad back job it was a lot of work to do but ones you got the hang of it youll fell relaxed. they have great hours and
Global company
GLOBAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 20, 2018
Highly matrix organization. Although management is supportive, balancing work in all time zones and frequent traveling can be a challenge to personal life .
Pros
Abundant learning opportunities on global business and processes
Cons
Insufficient back-up resources to share workload
Pays well.
Electrical/Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 19, 2018
The company pays well. The company offers good benefits but they change providers often.
The Coral Springs Plant is currently closing. There was no growth in this facility.
benefits
Cons
Closing Coral Springs Plant
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 18, 2018
I started June 2016 and I LOVE IT here! There are many aspects of the culture that are positive. The company has the Office 2020 environment which promotes collaboration. The salary is great for the Executive Admin position I hold.
Pros
heavy on the contractor side for staffing
Cons
insecurity of being a contractor
its okay but...
Assembly line adjuster (Current Employee) –  Pinetops, NCMay 16, 2018
Its an alright job to have if you want to work hard and NEVER get recognized for it , have everybody in the plant in your business, dont like things organized and loves to argue and drama then ABB is the place to be !!
Great place
Warehouse Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2018
This place was awesome I begin it at ABB concise when I was 18 years old. This is a place where you can learn how to do so many things if you just work hard at it. I learn how to pull orders also learn how to deal with doctors I learn how to deal with shipping in two different countries within no time I became a warehouse supervisor manager and that was awesome this job I took so serious and I would recommend this to anyone you have your ups and downs and any job but this was a great job
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Good experience.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2018
The learning experience was good and got involved in a lot of different areas of the business. The management seemed to care about the employees and treated them well.
The best part was the co-workers. Like family.
Scheduler/Data Admin./Customer Service Admin. (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 8, 2018
I learned valuable skills. Liked working as a team with peers who participated in the team concept. The hardest part of the job was, as an internal customer, trying to get the information from my peers I needed to perform my job.
Hard work, no respect
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCMay 6, 2018
The work there was hard. The patients were for the most part non weight bearing and if the lift worked the job was easy, if not then life was hard. Administration was non caring and it made it hard to work there
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Back breaking
A great learning environment for an aspiring engineer.
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 5, 2018
-Management was relaxed and focused more on teaching me while allowing me to be a productive asset to the company.
-The hardest part of the job was retaining the many standard methods, programs, and processes that the company uses daily.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday that could be applied to my future career.
Pros
Great wage, friendly staff, learning new things everyday
Cons
Sometimes had a lack of work to do
ABB and its ethics
ROBOT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
I was part of a Swedish based company that was bought by ABB. They are closing our office in Houston under suspicion circumstances. ABB bows to their investors and pretty much gave the middle finger to the local customers here in Houston.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight