ABBCO Service Corp.

ABBCO Service Corp. Employee Reviews for Custodian

Met good people but poor pay and lack of communication.
Could be stressful. Clients and company expectations could be at odds.Raises were almost nonexistent. Chemical training not provided. Not enough time to accomplish all of client expectations.
Pros
Weekends off. Paid holidays.
Cons
More work than time.
Poor pay & benefits
The pay is too low to make a living. You dont get holiday pay or vacation for the first year. The health insurance is either too expensive to afford at this pay rate or it doesnt cover any sickness or injury claims. Human resources does not care about any of your concerns. Management will expect you to operate equipment that is damaged or unsafe. Your concerns about unsafe conditions will fall on deaf ears. They tell you that you can earn merit raises every little bit, but that is not true. You might get a quarter an hour raise once a year at contract renewal time, but only if the customer agrees to it and if ABBCO even tries to get you a raise. This company does not have a set time schedule for pay increases because they do not expect anybody to work long term. This is not a company to have a career with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything-else (pay, benefits, mgmt.)
Poor Management
Everyone on second shift told our manager that a girl working first shift wasn’t doing her job. This went on for months without him doing anything about it. On top of my job and cleaning up after first shift I was responsible for extra tasks like scrubbing walls.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor management and uncomfortable work conditions.
great company
I loved working for ABBCO, i felt that my manager was very skilled in running a team and did a great job of it. I was treated with the utmost respect and felt welcome working there. If i could still work there, i would. i would also recommend it to anyone needing a decent job with the need for flexible hours.
Pros
good pay, good people.
The company is a joke dont waste your time
Very low pay for the area. Very poor benefits no holiday or vacation pay for a year no chance in advancement no future in this company very high turn over rate
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor healthcare/benefits poor pay. No future nothing to offer
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
i have a woanderful time working for a
ABBCO Service Company.Great Company to work for.supervisors are very friendly and helpful. great culture and people.
productive workplace, worked at my own pace
easy going job I worked at my own pace, relaxed break and lunch policy, I got along with my coworker, I was able to get work don at home in the mornings.
Pros
easy going job, .relaxed break and lunch policy
Cons
would rather work mornings, My supervisor was picky about cleaning
Fast paced team based work
Working for ABBCO at the Copeland factory was physically demanding, fast-paced work. Custodians worked in small teams to fulfill a wide variety of tasks in a timely manner. The pay was low and there was no opportunity for raises or overtime. The team based work was friendly however, as the custodians formed great work relationships with their teammates, making working together easier and more fun. I would recommend this job to anyone with a good work ethic.
Pros
team based, fast-paced, good job security
Cons
physically difficult, stressful, dirty
40 hours a week
At least I get 40 hours a week. They do not promote people based on work their work. They promote people so their buddies can get the better hours and people who work hard are stuck with no chance of advancement.
Promised fulltime upon hiring and hours cut within 6 weeks on the job
Upon being hired in from another company because of a contract being lost with the school district, I was promised full time hours of 40 hours a week with a high probibility of overtime. After 6 weeks on the job the company began cutting everyones hours claiming they had a budget to work with. However, management at my location began hiring in their friends and cutting those whom they hired when they took the contract over. Rate of pay is ok, but job duties keep expanding and hours you work decrease. You are overworked and underpaid, as well as not appreciated.
Pros
1 week paid vacation after working 1 full year at full time hours of at minimum 35 hours a week.
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, cut hours, not holding to companys word (they say one thing and do the opposite)
it was interesting
it depends on what you do for them and where you work for it to be fun or not. it could be at times but not every day.
the teachers there were fun to be around, and the students were a hand full but the over all it wasn't to bad.
Pros
when you were done you could go home
Cons
not good benifits bad pay.
Work was organized and enjoyable
Work was fairly easy, organized and enjoyed the staff. Would have preferred different hours.
Pros
Co-workers were fun and easy to work with
Cons
Would have preferred day hours
It was a careing place to work for
My day would start off with making to all the children was on the right bus,directing traffic at the cross walk and making sure that every one was safe,I learned you can can teach and old dogs new
tricks, they are just doing there jobs the best way they can, one day at a time learning as they go, had a lot of fun with my coworker, got close to them,the most hardest part of my job was to have to tell the children that they couldn't have what they wanted when they worked so hard to get it and some on there team messed up and they all had to take the punishment. over all the most enjoyment I got out of my job was to be apart of the those children learning process,and to see the joy from the kid at the end of the day.
Pros
It was a fun place to work at more so than bad, Kids would say the darnest thing.
Cons
breaks was way to short, and they wouldn't let not take you combind breaks together
Custodial Work
I cleaned the break rooms rest rooms and some offices . Took out trash sanitized and organized when needed
Pros
being by myself to clean
Cons
the trash bin
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABBCO Service Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7