Abbeville General Hospital Employee Reviews

Co-workers made it miserable!
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMarch 29, 2019
HIGH psych population. Above average patient abuse of the system. Good work and learning experience. Tension filled work environment due to older, bitter co-workers.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Bitter co-workers
Loved it
Director of Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJanuary 16, 2019
I loved my job at Abbeville General. It was nice helping people for a living. I would highly recommend the hospital to anyone. It was a very good environment to work in.
interesting place to work
ER Registration Clerk/Patient Access/PBX (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LASeptember 11, 2018
i enjoyed my job here, however inconsistencies in policies and management were often and issue. the nursing and medical staff were helpful at all times
Great starter Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, LAAugust 2, 2018
Abbeville General is a great place to start out in phlebotomy due to the overall amount of experience you get with patients of all ages. You are able to acquire the skills you need for job advancement.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMay 24, 2018
My duties include the basic housekeeping responsibilities: dusting, mopping, cleaning patient rooms, cleaning restrooms, but duties were not limited to these chores only
i really need a job.
Pbx operator, patient access clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMarch 26, 2018
It is a very stressful place to work.the most things i loved about the job was the patients and my co workers.and i did like my job. It was poorly managed,and very un fair.work
12 hours with no lunch or breaks.
Hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJanuary 26, 2018
Abbeville General Hospital was a nice clean place to work and they really care about the patients. The food in the cafeteria was really good and the employees were able to eat there for lunch and breaks if desired.
Overworked.
Non clinical (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LANovember 10, 2017
The company has good benefits. Pay is not that great. Paid time off for sick and vacation. Watch your back. Someone is always looking to throw you under the bus.
Pros
Discounted meals. Be prepared to gain 20 pounds or more.
Cons
Watch your back.
Quiet, had my own office
Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LA 70510October 18, 2017
The management was great and the people were enjoyable. I would make sure everyone's time was correct for each department and calculate extra on-call pay, then process payroll.
Pros
great work enviornment, loved the job
well balanced
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAOctober 2, 2017
I was a charge nurse for 5 years. My typical work day consist of making staff assignments, reviewing patient labs and other procedures and informing doctors of any abnormal results then implementing orders. Monitored telemetry , gave medications, answering phones, starting IVs, helped out floor nurses with duties at times.
Politics within hospital upper management
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LASeptember 28, 2017
Hospital is funded by residents of Vermilion parish. Exceptions were made for some employees, not everyone was treated equally. I was the hospitals only Sonographer and expected to be on call every weekend and week nights. High call out rate with very little understanding of my well-being, needing to be allowed adequate sleep.
A great place to work for
Supervisor, Cook, Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJune 22, 2017
I loved. My job before I moved,it's a wonderful place to work, good benefits and good paying, and loves to give overtime, and get paid time off when needed.
Pros
Great place
Cons
No Breaks
FUN place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant, Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAJune 7, 2017
Loved this job so much. The staff are very respectful and encourage and help one another to grow. Everyone is kind and genuine in their abilities to work at this hospital
Pros
learning / low turn over rate
Cons
time clock is to far away
Productive work, safety a plus, great doctors
Clinic Nurse Full Time Status (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAOctober 6, 2016
Productive, busy work, great staff works as a team. The Doctors are amazing. The hardest part of my job was comforting patient's family. The most enjoyable was knowing I helped a patient back to health.
Friendly enviroment
Phlebotomist/Patient Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAAugust 9, 2016
Would recommend them for employees and patients. My supervisor was very understanding and rewarding. Enjoyed my 3 years there although I feel I was wrongfully terminated and they would not let me appeal the decision. Other than that never had a problem there.
Pros
Awesome benefits and pay
total drama
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMarch 15, 2016
hated it. not at all organized. not a great hospital. very racist but claim they are not. that is all. just not a great environment to work in.
clinical site
Medical Laboratory Technician Student (Former Employee) –  United States, LADecember 12, 2013
I was there for the early morning shift so that I could calibrate machines and set up/run controls. The management there was very good. they were extremely knowledgeable and willing to help at any time.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
breaks