Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

41.1K
Found 1,827 reviews matching the search See all 3,013 reviews
Average
Director-level direct reports (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 21, 2018
Plenty of other large med-tech companies are much better places to work....Far too great a focus on internal activities and initiatives. Literally could make a career out of attending internal meetings!
management only care about make bib bonus
Field Service Specialist Engineer Core Lab (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2018
Abbott is not loyal to their emplyee they trend to fire people for no reason . I worked fo abbott for almost 3 year and i did not had good experience after my 3rd year my boss changed. and my dream jo turned out to
Pros
big company
Cons
they don't care much about employee
Micromanaging
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 20, 2018
Good co-workers, but management needs a change. They will micromanage and come at you over the smallest thing plus you will be a contracted forever, no room for growth.
Soul Destroying
Marketing Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 19, 2018
Departments are more interested in stabbing other department personnel in the back and plotting than in working together for the company good. They treat contract employees terribly and pay them even worse.

Other employees will avert their eyes and look away rather than attempt any type of civil discourse.

Job skills that were deemed as absolutely necessary for hire were never used on the job and, in fact, the software skills they required were not even available on their system.
Very productive and good place to work
Lead Cognos Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
I was a contractor from Accenture. I did one project and moved on to my next project so I did not spend much time. I enjoyed working in Abbott. very friendly environment with work ethics and very good corporate culture.
A great place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 18, 2018
Being a regulated business, there were basically policies for doing everything, so it took a while to become "Abbottized". But there was a great opportunity for variety of work assignments, and it felt good working for a company that was doing good things for people's health. The only downside was periodic layoffs.
Positive and upbeat atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 18, 2018
I found Abbott Laboratories to have a very upbeat and positive atmosphere. Co-workers were friendly, professional and helpful when needed. A typical day at work consisted of working with others in a nice environment. I learned more computer skills while working there. The workplace culture was business casual and relaxed but productive. The hardest part of the job was the filing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the calendar management first on Lotus Notes, then Outlook. Also enjoyed making travel arrangements for upper level management including air fare, hotel and ground transportation.
Pros
The location close to home, good hours, good food in cafeteria
Cons
Because they were contract positions, no benefits.
Best place to work!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 14, 2018
Everyone is nice and kind and supportive. I work with very talented and bright individuals. Management works with you to help you succeed. Management shows great appreciation for what you do. Also, the cafe is on site and has great food
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Heavy workloads can become overwhelming
Big Pharma
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 14, 2018
Big pharma no longer has the loyalty to employees that it once did. You are expendable to them and Abbott is no different. Management looks at things strictly from a financial viewpoint. They tout work life balance but there is none.We were expected to have team meetings and receive samples on our own time. Client messaging must be delivered verbatim there is no room for creativity though they say they want creative people.
Pros
Good Career if you can manage the ptifalls
Cons
Terrible managers, no work life balance
Cafeteria avaliable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 14, 2018
Good people and place to work, hours are great, willing to work with you and your hours. Management is excellent everyone is willing to assist you when you looking for help.
Abbott was not hiring
Engineer Degreed II (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Abbott as a contractor. Unfortunately they were downsizing and not hiring permanently. While I was there I learned a lot. I was prepared to be hired but higher management placed a hiring freeze.
Pros
Very smart and nice people to work with
Cons
Not actually hiring... they use lots of contractors
Contracted
Scientist I - Chemist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 13, 2018
I was contracted with the company for a year. Prior to my employment the company (St. Jude) had recently been bought out by Abbott. There was still a lot of restructuring going on that affected job placement at the end of my contract. Overall, I would work for this company again. However, I would wait until a while longer until after all the restructuring.
Production specialist (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAJune 13, 2018
Need better Management for the people that works there. Great Company to work for can be stressful at time but normal have great benefit, good pay a good place to retire from .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
people hired, not enough experience
Fine place for a lifestyle job
Manager, Medical Device Global Mktg & Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2018
Work weeks were pretty easy (was in a Manager role, 3 years post MBA) - perhaps 30-40 hours of real work / week. Things are slow moving, and politics are central to success.
basketball court
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PRJune 12, 2018
i assembly medical devices, i worked at a fast paced i enjoy helping customers. i also supervise others jobs quality i am good working under pressure i am able to learn fast.
Pros
the lunch
Cons
nothing
Depressing
Employee (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 12, 2018
I didn't like working there. The pay was low. the mangers are cut throat, the co-workers are cut throat. some came in drunk just to get through the say it seemed.
District Sales Manager
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
Strong Benefits some divisions still have a Pension. Cross divisional opportunities exist and strong diversity, Stable company. Overall good company.
Pros
Strong Benefits
Cons
Management focused on pension and promotion - nothing more nothing less
Refer to Summary
US Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 11, 2018
Abbott is solid growth company and is focused on achieving their quarterly goals and objectives. Abbott is a good stock to purchase long term for your investment portfolio.
Productive work environment.
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 10, 2018
Abbott was a great place to work, the other employees were friendly and were not hard to get along with. Although a lot of the work was the same day in and day out, I still enjoyed my time working at Abbott.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Parking was sometimes hard to find.
Ambiente en Puerto Rico muy profesional
Senior Financial and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  MontehiedrasJune 10, 2018
He tenido una experiencia muy positiva, ya que laboré con distintos mercados y aprendi mucho sobre medical devices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight