Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Found 2,007 reviews matching the search See all 3,270 reviews
Productive place to work.
Acute Care Pharmaceutical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILOctober 22, 2018
Typical day included calling on customers and giving them clinical reasons to use my product. I tool satisfaction in knowing that my product improved patient's lives.
A Boys Club for White Men
Junior Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2018
Abbott has a very strong race issue. They do offer clubs and organizations for diversity. However, outside of these hubs the day to day is lacks culture and diversity. Management has no idea what they're doing and cuts to entire sectors can happen over night. Essential staff can also be laid off at a moments notice. The only good thing about this job is that the pay is amazing. You will be stuck making good money for a job that will take you to an early grave.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Racism, Poor Management, Passive CEO, Shady Business Tactics
Lots of work to be done but difficult work/life balance
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there for the most part.

Lots of training to help me get comfortable with the job duties. Semi-relaxed environment and helpful coworkers.

The heavy amounts of overtime is what eventually soured me on the position. It may appeal to some.
Working 60 hour weeks for 6+ months on 2nd shift meant that my life outside of work started to slip away.
Pros
Great benefits, kind workers
Cons
Breaks can feel short, can have a lot of overtime
You work hard, and you are there a lot of hours. Not great for family life.
Senior processing operator (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIOctober 19, 2018
If you are looking for a secure career, this might be the place for you. Not a great place for family life. Fast passed, physical job in processing. I enjoyed my job, but needed first shift.
Highly Recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAOctober 18, 2018
The department in which I worked was a pleasant experience. I enjoyed our team and was management was good to me. This is a good professional organization.
A great company with many opportunities.
Front Line Leader II (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 18, 2018
A great company with many opportunities for all walks of life. You can take pride in knowing your product helps improve peoples lives. Very fast paced and competitive.
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
Inexperienced leaders in crucial roles
At an old SJM location, there is fear and lots of people waiting for retirement.
Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 18, 2018
Continues to decline. I previously contracted at SJM's Tech Center and now in 2018 it is even worse. You may want to ask around before accepting any permanent offer at the old SJM locations. Contracting is super easy cause the organization has rigid silos and a management hierarchy that discourages skipping levels. If I was a permanent employee, I would get an ulcer.
Pros
Abbott on resume
Cons
Boot camp for practicing professional behavior and leadership
Watch your back
QA manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2018
Once was a good company but the Nutrition business continues to RIF people to meet their profit margins. Firings do not make the local paper because the organization keeps their releases under the state requirements.
benefits
Cons
A great company undergoing many changes that may not be best for me and my family.
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILOctober 17, 2018
Answer phones, emails and process system tasks. Project management that involves data entry, case follow-ups and analysis. Team oriented position that requires collaboration and communication.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Minute by minute accountability, even rest room visits are evaluated, change in organizational structure that impacts daily schedule.
N/a
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILOctober 16, 2018
Abbott is a good company to work for, providing the manager that you work for understand the Abbott values. I was released from my employment due to no fault of my own.
Not offering the employees to explore new opportunity while I was there
Test Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 16, 2018
1. Poor management and political too much for Pleasanton site.
2. Stock benefit had been cut off during I was there (or between integrations process between Thoratec Corporation to St. Jude Medical and Abbott.
3. Blocked the potential of learning or no-incurred employees to learn and/or move on to their career goals as they are dreaming at.
Pros
Help and recue patient to live a longer life with our products
Cons
Poor management and no-incurred employees to learn in their goal (Pleasanton site only)
Great place to work!
Senior Program and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 16, 2018
Excellent and work life balance! Family oriented and excellent tuition reimbursement. Awesome mentoring program and growth opportunities.

Many benefits and discounts.
Good group of people.
Sr. Automation & Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 9, 2018
I found that the people I worked with were great. I was a contractor so I got OT. There were many manufacturing challenges that needed to be solved. Either you liked it or you did not like it.
Pros
Free Zone bars.
Cons
I was not a FT employee.
Abbott
Sr Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNOctober 9, 2018
My direct supervisor is wonderful. upper management is not very in tuned to what is going on with their employees which leads to decisions that need to be adjusted immediately. there is also not recognition when it comes to employees going above and beyond what their current roles are. Raises are also very, very small.
Pros
current supervisors
Cons
break tracking, poor upper leadership
I like to work in there
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2018
I like to work in there but they did not hire permanent from 2001,
The manager was friendly, they know how to handle with the job/ employees.
The vibration was good
The benefit was good (if you are permanent, but I'm not)
But company outsource to Singapore
This was a comfortable place to work and I felt appreciated for the job that I did.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 8, 2018
This was a comfortable place to work and I felt included in the business as a contractor. I would like to find another position with this company. I believe that I can offer a lot of expertise to the business needs.
Nice people
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92591October 7, 2018
Working in this company is actually fun We are busy but the works are not so hard. it is a repetitive work so it is really easy. people are nice and fun to work with.
Excellent company and benefits, incompetent and unprofessional management
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PROctober 7, 2018
I have a lot to thank to Abbott for what I have learned, great pay and benefits. Unfortunately, here in Puerto Rico most o managers are or incompetent or just don't have the required people skills to create a positive and engaging work environment. Hard to work with a manager that's been cherry picked for a position that know less than you and thinks his positions makes him more knowledgeable than the people who work everyday doing the same thing. To many bosses, few leaders.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
If your stuck with a "boss" not a "leader"...good luck.
Excellent place to work , everyone is supportive if you need any help
Software test engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 5, 2018
Very helpful staff if in need of any help. Work-life balance as they have numerous activities wherein employees can socialize and gather. Abbott pays attention to employee requests and aptly acts towards improving conditions.
Nice place to work
Sample/Sales Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stelzer Road, Columbu, OhioOctober 4, 2018
I loved working for Abbott it's a great place to work. I learned a lot and the company culture is very good. Promoted several times. Needed more time to complete task, and less time spent meetings.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Somestimes long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Abbott Laboratories.

Powered by Comparably