Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Found 2,143 reviews matching the search See all 3,492 reviews
Large Company
TPD Scientist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Large company, reported to many groups. Worked on a variety of projects. Was a temporary employee with no signs of a permanent job. Management was grueling, worked like a PhD laboratory, where none of the credit was given, but lots of work to be done.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Almost everything about the experience was bad
Good Organization
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I was a contractor, so can't comment on the benefits. As a contractor you are not considered for permanent hire, which is very unfortunate, as you do have a lot of expectations placed on you.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
Cons
Being a contractor, you won't be hired as an employee
Personal review
Technical Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2019
When Abbott was Ross, you were like family and when they changed the name to Abbott you became a number. With that being said I have nothing good to say about Abbott. The management team treats the employees like they are not good enough. They would ask for your opinion but not consider them, Management says one thing and means the total opposite. Do not work in unsafe condition, but continue to run just put on PPE.
Pros
Profit sharing, pay
Cons
Everything else
Good Company Poor Management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Poor management skill from my previous supervisor and he is currently (finally) fired.

Not really a good opportunity to continue career growth and development
Ok Job
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 12, 2019
It's an ok company to work for the money is good.
Nobody is really friendly in this company.
They are really biased in that company, no one helps you.
loved my short stay
R&D Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 11, 2019
Fun place to work. An equipped gym to help alleviate work pressure. nice conference rooms. Improved management and culture. The hardest part of the job was commuting to different facilities.
Admin
Admin Asst BioStatistics and Data Management (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 11, 2019
I was at Abbott a short period of time as a contractor. This was my very first corporate job. I was in retail management for many years but needed change. It was a very competitive place to work and required a lot of time to complete tasks but it was a great learning experience for me and opened doors to better opportunities for me. The company eventually relocated to Chicago.
Pros
Employees
productive
Manufactured Engineering Tech III (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 7, 2019
work creatively and efficiency as a typical day at work. Due to management, laid off is very common. Company will hire employees back, but as contractor with no benefits.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
laid off
Enjoyed working in Abbott, it is a great company with lot of benefits. Work life balance. Dynamic teams
Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILFebruary 6, 2019
A great company , lot of career resources for growth and development. Lot of micromanages. The culture need to be diversified, dead lines, hard goals.
Pros
perks
Cons
Not many promotions
Relax and very nice place to work
Abbott's Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Culture is great and people as well. For interns there were a lot of fun activities to do and network. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of very professional people and the coworkers were very helpful.
Working summary
Sr. CRA (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 4, 2019
In general, Abbott is a good company to work at. It provides good benefits and pension. Also helps employees approach higher education degrees. It is the lead of the industry.
great
EHS Intern (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIFebruary 4, 2019
it was great to be an employee at Abbott! I really loved to see so many people truly passionate about the work that they do. I plan to carry that with me throughout my future.
Management was top notch
QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 4, 2019
I worked a typical "skeleton shift" over the weekends. I lived far enough away for the management team to grant me to work 3, 12-hour days so I wouldn't be wasting so much time on gas and travel time. They had incredible benefits and I loved my co-workers. I never would have left if I didn't have to move.
Pros
Amazing benefits and the cafeteria!
Great Place To Work
RDP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2019
Great place to kick start your career. Retail division on smaller side, so every decision made is important! Traditional office culture with traditional expectations.
Environment cut throat, poor management short term thinking , tactical
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2019
The company has great benefits but culture is very cut throat and high stress. Mangement is very tactical in approach and is shortsighted with vision
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A lot of regulations
Autonomous Work Environment
Web Developer/Business Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 1, 2019
The developers are pretty much left to their own devices to complete there tasks.

Management is typically hands off, but very dedicated to achieving goals in a timely manner.

Abbott's culture is great! It is very diverse and takes great care in ensuring all people from all different backgrounds are working in a comfortable environment.
Pros
Just a great company to work for all around.
Cons
Some late nights and unexpected assignments.
a nice place to work
Quality Control Lead Technical (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJanuary 31, 2019
my job was easy i have audit paper work and help out if i was need answer to the supervisor about the work load of the tech.. I had to make sure that everyone was on time for work and in their assigned area, if not i had to fill that position. .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Female Advancement - Engineering Facilities
Engineer- Mechanical Equipment Facilities (Current Employee) –  Liberty, SCJanuary 31, 2019
Engineering facilities site supervisors are excellent. Director of Facilities Engineering seems not to be interested in STEM degreed engineering females to join the local site for facilities management even though I have excellent references from R&D scientist and engineers on local site.
Contractor
Customer Master Data (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 30, 2019
I can't comment on benefits since I was merely contracting there. There are a lot of older people working there. This can be a good thing for a company. However, I found the employees around me who had a lot of years with Abbott were complacent and not professional. Thus, the culture around me was not a good fit for my work ethic.
Pros
My boss trusted me to get things done and rarely had to ask me for anything.
Cons
Poor communication between departments.
Good Place to Work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Abbott and worked in many different roles. Their motto is work hard play hard and most of the people live by that. The culture is different throughout the different divisions so this may not be universal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Abbott Laboratories.

Powered by Comparably