Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Found 2,070 reviews matching the search See all 3,352 reviews
Had a great experience working here.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 10, 2018
Good benefits and healthcare , work life balance, fun, lot of learning opportunities , good management , good learning environment
Great place to work!
Regional Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
Allows you to do your job with autonomy. Currently going through changes since the acquisition of St. Jude Medical, lots of lay offs and changes. Once acquisition is final, should be a great place to work.
Muy bueno
Almacen (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 10, 2018
Muy bueno fue una experiencia de aprendizaje con muchos beneficios muy buen empresa
Fun workplace
Ross (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VADecember 8, 2018
It was a fun working environment, have to have communication skills, ability to work at a certain pace, and able to get along with each other. Lack of calling workers back for work.
Pros
Learning different things and fun workplace
Cons
Smoking near road and lunch breaks
Great company to work for
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2018
Abbott is a great company to work for, with great and caring people. The company offers great employee assistance programs and helps employees in learning the business.
Pros
Education Assistance
Cons
Work/life balance could be better
32 Years of Service
Retired (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Abbott for many years.

Abbott management was completely fair in their job performance reviews while I was employed there.

I made life-long friendships with work colleagues that are still dear friends.
Pros
Discounts on Abbott products
fun place to work
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VADecember 5, 2018
this job was a very nice job good pay and great people I learned to interact with lots of people and enjoyed my time there the hardest part of the job was staying woke
Interesting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2018
went in to work on the same thing everyday
it became boring after a while
if you're not an engineer developing new software or products then i would suggest you to find something else, the work was too redundant.
Pros
busy
Cons
crowded
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILDecember 4, 2018
Well-known and liked company, which is able to achieve a cult-like loyalty from many of its employees. Very good benefits. They tout a good work-life balance, but I did not feel like I was able to have that there in recent years.

Had mostly positive experiences with coworkers. Made many friends there and felt like an important part of the team.

Would recommend.
Great people great place to work with teams
Medical device QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 4, 2018
Great place to work if you are fresh out of high school and looking for steady stable work. But if you have a family and mortgage, or if your living by yourself anywhere in the bay area, the opportunities for growth and advancement are limited. The only way to move up without a formal degree, you have to have been with the company 5+ years and have passed the contracted agencies and actually got hired permanent. Then there may be career advancement. Other than that, it was a great place to work and learn about medical device assemblies and manufacturing.
Pros
Steady, Consistent work
Cons
Limited opportunities to advance and grow
n/a
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
Great company to work for depending on position and division you work within. Management is not as great as it seems or invested in employees as they may make you feel.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Contractor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 2, 2018
The company seems like a quiet and productive place to work. I feel that focus is very important. Managers and constituents have helped train me. The hardest part of the position is doing the same thing all of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a place to work and knowing that this might lead to a permanent opportunity there.
Abbott has a unique culture
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2018
I mostly enjoyed working for Abbott as a field engineer. They were a little bit over managing (the semi-annual manager visits that required a car ride along to see how well you drive got a little annoying). My greatest dissatisfaction was the 24/7 on-call rotation when customers often requested mid-night visits. My greatest satisfaction is how they reward good results (my wife and I enjoyed a company paid vacation to Bora Bora). Overall, a great company to work for.
Pros
Bonus and award structure
Cons
24/7 oncall rotation
Good company
Research & Development Technician-II (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CADecember 1, 2018
Excellent management and supportive team. Strive for project goals and got a chance to learn new skills. Management recognized your work ethic and provided on going trainings.
Enjoyed workplace
PROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2018
The work environment was pleasant. Lots of employees worried about job security and having departments shut down. There were plenty layoffs during my contract.
Pros
Travel covered
Cons
no incentive to hire from outside
Unfair
Contingent worker for IT operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILNovember 30, 2018
Management came off as unfair and favoring certain employees.
overall workplace culture was very professional but felt like i was terminated for no reason and to this day never really got an answer as to why i was let go.
good place to get started
Anti Infective Respiratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILNovember 29, 2018
Good place to work while getting started in pharmaceuticals. Training was excellent and very tough. Managers were forced to micro manage representatives.
A good place to build expertise and advance
Financial Control and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 29, 2018
For those in the early stages or their careers, this is a good place to build a solid foundation and if you are willing to put in the sweat equity, also be promoted to higher levels.
Amazing Company to work for!
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 28, 2018
Abbott was a wonderful place to work. I miss the company and my Abbott coworkers and friends very much. I would work there again in a heartbeat. We were were sold to Johnson & Johnson, otherwise I would still be with the company and I would go back without hesitation.
Pros
Flexible work hours, wonderful work culture, work remote options, work/life balance, amazing benefits, incredible professionals
Cons
I have worked for AbbVie for the past 6 years. AbbVie split from Abbott at that time
Treasury Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Both are great companies to work for. AbbVie gives lots of opportunity for advancement. I enjoy working in the Payroll department. I have also held the Jr Financial Analyst position in Treasury for six years.
Pros
Profit sharing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.2K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

90%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss