Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

An excellent organization all around.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2018
Abbott is an excellent organization. They invest in their people and want to see you succeed. Every day is different, which worked well for me. Management was consistent and supportive.
Key position out of college
Technical Services Scientist (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILMay 24, 2018
Position and brand recognition helped in my next career move. Significant lab work with FDA oversight forces personal accuracy and accountability. Good growth experience
Na
Sr. Workday HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waukegan ILMay 23, 2018
This is a great company and culture to work with. The Organization is global and hence you would have the opportunity to work with global stake holders and provides you a great work exposure.
Focus on Culture
Analytical Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
-Focused on continually improving culture
-Hard working and committed employees
-At a large company such as Abbott, it is sometimes difficult to know where you fit into the organization.
Outpatient Sales Rep
Outpatient Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2018
Meaningful company mission - Bettering people’s lives through the power of good health.

They really take care of you here:
- Entry level sales $70k- 80k base + $25k bonus
- 7% profit sharing
- Company car
- 401k 5% $-$ match
- 3 weeks of PTO, 3 floating holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance the first day you start

Clear territories and sales expectations with competent leaders.
Pros
Everything!
A good place to work until they laid us off
Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILMay 22, 2018
A good place to work until they shut down the division and laid us all off with no notice. Decent severance package but that's about it. Made some good friends there.
Pros
pay at the time
Cons
no loyalty
Excellent Pharmacutical Company to work for.
Section Manager, Cardiopulmonary Pharmacology (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, IL 60064May 22, 2018
Excellent facilities for research. Company is profitable. Employees generally happy.Effective new product development facilities. Good continuing education programs for staff.
Pros
Great R and D departments
Cons
Location in severe climate.
Quiet and progressive environment...
UX Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
Great people and an overall great place to work. Again, as an employee you are set. As a contractor don't expect much.

The environment was clean, clear and easy to work in.
We were allowed to contribute to decisions being made and it was a nice atmosphere.

The best part of the job was the ability to contribute and learn.
The hardest part was at times being treated like we didn't know anything because we were contractors.
Pros
Large company, autonomy, flexibility
Cons
No gaurantees for permanent employement
A proactive company working towards our Future
Environmental Information Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILMay 22, 2018
Abbott keeps inline with changing times. The products and services help to save lives or make individual lives more comfortable with medication, baby formulas, health products, etc.

The workplace culture is comfortable; team building atmosphere, knowledgeable.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
At times, I had a couple of managers whom were not pro-active. More like stagnant.
productive and supportive work environment
Administrative Assistant - Legal Operations (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILMay 22, 2018
A wonderful and progressive company to work for, management supports all individual rights and needs while working towards a common goal. The compensation does not just include salary but also other benefits. They also are quite generous with perks for the employees in order to keep morale at a positive level.
Productive workplace with great scientific products
Sr Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 21, 2018
A typical day at work includes supporting and spearheading run, sustain and grow the business projects. Gave an opportunity to keep myself abreast with latest technology trends and scientific product advancement. Supportive management to make horizontal transformation and rotation plan. Challenge was doing the task first time right and exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers all the time and every time. Enjoyable part was involvement of management in giving support to build and burn, support trying new technology, tools which would eventually make a difference.
some nice co workers some paper pushers
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
The group I was in had some smart people and some people that should not have been there . some did not read the SOPs before going to calibrate equipment. I did my best to explain the sops to those workers but in some cases they were more interested in pushing paper.

I was contract
Pros
potential to make shop better with more time
Cons
contract
Great place to work and very diverse!
Systems Software Quality Analyst Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 18, 2018
I helped them get past a protocol variance project where the protocol systems analysts were having issues with the interpretation of the SQL within the protocols but they were eager to learn which dramatically facilitated the effort.
Pros
Diverse, work life balance
Cons
Pay rate was lower than expected
Not a fun place to work
Financial Support Specialist Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 17, 2018
I don't really know why my contract with them was not continued management was not forth coming on this information. I was a proficient, diligent worker meeting daily quotas so I am confused why I am not still there. The only positive is I gained more experience in the accounts payable area. The job gave me exposure to an SAP.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Great oppertunities
Production Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2018
At Abbott everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to learn and grow. Management considers the thoughts and opinions of every employee in order to promote a great work environment. Abbott always seek for greater opportunities for both the business and the employees.
Overall a great place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 16, 2018
Most of all enjoyed the people and the compensation/benefits. The most challenging part of the job is managing the work load. Responsibilities are increasing and hiring less.
Pros
Cons
Advancement
A great place to work, learn and advance your career
Manager, Contracts & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 16, 2018
Abbott Labs was a great place to work during my 6 year tenure. It provided great learning and career advancement opportunities while creating a nice work/life balance. I would highly recommend Abbott Labs to anyone considering employment there.
Pros
Excellent training and career advancement opportunities
Great Career Company
TL Category Management (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 15, 2018
Company provide many opportunity for advancement. However, if you are unwilling to relocate, growing your career with the company will be difficult. Overall, great company and provide excellent training.
Pros
Great product & purpose
Cons
Relocation
Good Company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 14, 2018
Very large company with many levels. Good benefits and room for advancement. Some areas needed some better work/life balance but eventually I believe that understood.
fast paced enviroment
Production Specialist Operator (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 14, 2018
It pays good but the company runs 24/7 so very long hours are expected for work, meetings and training. On average you work 12.5 to 14 hours a day, 4 to 5 days a week. They continuously place people on call without pay or compensation. They don't respect your days off, always calling for more work. Very limited opportunities to grow or move. Management are not always held accountable for their actions or decisions and the production workers always pay the ultimate price by sacrificing their time off.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard to balance work and personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight