Abbott Northwestern Hospital Employee Reviews

under staffed with high work load volume
Certified Surgical Technician/Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2018
the psychical and emotional stress is too much to handle, I love taking care of my patients and putting them on a road to recovery, but having their life in your hands takes a toll on your own life
working a lot with my cowoker and getting along with everybody
Surgical Support Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2018
A typical day of work can be very stressful when the staff is very short calls management is in to many meeting all the time really can not get a whole of them is something happen within the department work place is not enough minorities with in the department no communication at all the most enjoyable is patient care that I can make a different of saving some one life.
Friendly Culture
Volunteer / Oncology Medical Records / PCA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 6, 2018
The culture was very friendly and welcoming during my tenure. I liked the professionalism with the staff and how well coordinated the care seem to be.
Pros
Friendly culture
very competive
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2018
I was an older staff member and I felt I was discriminated because of my age. The team I was on was on average 20 years younger than me. Some of the surgeons were biased with respect to the established staff and didn't like new staff.
Overall, I truly miss working in the heart hospital. My manager was great and so were the people and environment I worked around and in
Staff RN Cardiac Progressive Care unit (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Our acuity grid and patient to staff ratios at Allina should never be determined by people who have no bedside contact with patients.... or have absolutely no clue what really goes on during a typical day on our units. This and the fact that our health insurance was being significantly altered was why I chose to leave
Patient Centered care
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 10, 2017
This was a part time evening role that worked really well at the time I took the role. I met a lot of really great hard working people which I am still friends with today. Every worked well together and really cared about the patients.
Great place to work.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 6, 2017
Management, physicians and staff great to work with. Always willing to learn and teach new techniques and procedures. Very fast paced environment with very critical patients, which can make it stressful at times.
Pros
Ability to continue to learn new techniques and procedures.
Cons
Cafeteria hours very limited, bring your own lunch.
fast paced great job
Staffing and Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2017
I was great a this position at the time was having issues with my family so i needed to stop working to care for an ill child but i would go back if i could
Pros
lots training
Cons
1 manger jeff fliss was racist
Awesome work environment but poor upper management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2017
Love working here- awesome coworkers, awesome direct management, great patients, and many resources available to us. Direct management listens and implements feedback. However, there are too many issues and drama between the nursing union and upper management, leading to poor job security and uncertainty due to strikes etc.
Pros
Coworkers and patients, direct management
Cons
Upper management, union drama
review
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55407October 31, 2017
Best place to work ever. I would love to work for them again. Everything was wonderful. There were awesome place work. They had great hours, great pay, and work.
I would not recommend working at Abbott, too big to care about individuals
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
Too big, not caring about people.they had many meetings with employees, but did not care about employeesibput. They paid a lot of money for outside evaluations, but really didn’t consider employees valuable insights.
good
Hospital clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2017
Comprehensive work experience.Great experience, great clinical practice, Various clinical Team involvement and opportunities to become a member of various clinical teams.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2017
Good place to learn security as a whole. The medical staff is a great to work with and easy to get along with. Easy job and great pay. You do not work alone and days breeze past.
Fast paced hospital
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2017
Aiding patients after Interventional Cardiology procedures. Other responsibilities would include administrative work, phlebotomy, pulling out sheaths, and patient care.
A Great Hospital to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 29, 2017
I was very proud to be part of the Abbott Northwestern staff. There is a long history of putting patients first, and the people who I worked with were both generous and very intelligent. I appreciated the great teamwork, benefits, and computer training courses. I would have liked to stay there for my entire career, but unfortunately the company had to downsize and make many layoffs. I would still recommend Abbott Northwestern as an exceptional place to work.
Pros
Great teamwork, benefits, and computer training courses
Family friendly environment
Equipment Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2017
Working at Abbott is like working with family. With so many people working in the hospital there's never a dull day. It's a great opportunity to help families and patience in need. Working along side health care professionals really makes you feel your making a difference in someone's life. That is all.
Pros
Warm in winter, cool in summer, always work to be done.
Cons
Seeing life at its worst, always busy, very demanding.
standard
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
ANW is a fine place to work in Minneapolis. It is standard for the work ethic in Minnesota. I would like to see some changes and have kicked some into place.
Great job!
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2017
It is a job that pays well but there is not real upward mobility. Most people are stuck in this position for years or even decades at a time with no change or promotion.
Great work experience
Digital Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me coming in at 4pm and interacting with doctors and techs to assist them to have a great work experience. I would answer phones and direct calls appropriately. I managed four computers and four servers to make sure doctors are seeing their work appropriately. I also managed an urgent list of patients to assure they are getting proper patient care. I would end my shift at midnight. I learned a lot of medical terminology and patience. The work place was safe and quiet.
Human Resources Generalist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
Fun environment. Leaders that care about the employees. Abbott Northwestern Hospital is part of Allina Health. These are both great places to work. At ANW-HR specifically, the team is phenomenal and you cannot go wrong being a part of this team.