Abbott

Abbott Employee Reviews

United States3,586 reviews

Found 3,586 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,597 reviews
alerelaboratoryproductabbotdevicedivisionbalanceculture

Abbott Laboratories is a people first company that motivates it personnel to be more productive.

Featured review

Abbott selected this as a representative review
Comfortable and safe working environment.I enjoy the company of my coworkers.Flexibility of the work schedules.Hard work is recognized thru Awards and bonuses.

Pros

Morning activities to relax.

Cons

Restrooms only accommodate 1 to 2 people at the time.

Depends on the department regardless great benefits

Depending on your department and who's in charge it can be decent, however some of the groups and bosses are very difficult to work with some of the people kept shouldn't be and promoted as well. You are in the good to promote or your not. In my experience there was a favoritism. The overall work isn't difficult it's just if you get in a team that isn't running smoothly. You'll have lots of possibilities of overtime during crunch season.

Abbott insights

Based on 1,473 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Culture, Benefits

Culture and employees were amazing, they had lots of employee events which were very nice and encouraged great peer relationships. The metric measurement for work productivity was implemented and was focus for review.

Benefits

Cons

Advancement Slow

Good paying. Not much opportunity for advancement

Pays well just doesn’t seem like management wants to pay for the work you do which is frustrating. Been working as a team lead for months and haven’t been paid for the work.

You are just a cog on the wheel.and can and will be replaced at anytime

Worked every day never late .did above and beyond of what they asked. Got a injury at work. Not my fault. Was sent home to collect short term disability. Never collected a penny for 8 weeks. Then got let go . They don't care about the people that work for them .just make the product and be here on time.

Cool place

Working at Abbott is nice but really goes down to who is your manger. However you can easily excel if you try , give it a shot you I need to see these revi

Good development opportunities

High expectations but excellent development opportunities. Very helpful people in all departments. Can feel a bit competitive at times. Only left due to relocation.

Great Benefits - Antiquated Work Environment

Before Abbott took over, it was St Jude Medical, and the work-life balance and benefits were excellent. After Abbott took over, things changed, which is to be expected. Unfortunately, the workload became excessive, and then Covid hit. Abbott asked people to work from home if their jobs could be done that way. Due to the heavy workload and excessive hours, people were leaving in droves. The new hires would last a couple of months and leave due to the inability to keep up with the expectations. Management made no procedure changes or incentives for the extended hour. Upon returning to work, all work from home was revoked even for those hired years earlier with the privilege. Unfortunately, Abbott’s benefits and incentives for their employees are antiquated.

Great work place

Productive and fun workplace. Interesting environment to work in. Employees were treated well. The campus is huge and had a cafe for meal time. Loved it!

Great place

Great place to work. Always something to do. Abbott offers great benefits and incentives (outside of regular pay) for getting the work done. Pretty laid back as long as duties are performed.

They've gotten worse over the years

I used to like working here until I was forced into a position that I didn't ask for. I also used to like the fact that I used to not have a hard time taking off when I needed to go to the dentist or to the doctor. Now they're making it extremely hard. Along with LOTS of micromanaging. Run while you can. Do not let their sweetness fool you. I have worked here for a little over 4 years and now I'm looking for a new job since they have changed over the last year and a half with all the ridiculous changes.

Benefits

Cons

Hard to take off, micromanaging, forced into positions you didn't ask for, don't listen to employees, LOTS of unnecessary meetings and one on ones, favoritism, only favorites can work at home

The benefits are the only reason I stayed

If you are a young female, good luck trying to get anything accomplished at this job. Predominantly male managed and they don't care whether you succeed or fail unless it hinders yield numbers of part on the production lines. The nepotism of this company is the kicker. You really only grow at this company if you get in good with the right people from the start. Or by using other people to get there. But they will gladly put whatever work they'd rather not do on you, if you show any amount of capability. The atmosphere is the worst I've ever felt at any job. In my experience, people only stay there for the benefits.

Ambiente poco saludable

Los supervisores Si no hacías lo que querían te amenazaban con no darte la permanencia ya que eso salí en el expediente según ellos . A los temporeros tratan supervisores mal los excluyen de todo de bonos, de el gym , de privilegios .

Pros

N/A

Cons

Si eres temporero no tienes buen trato

Unprofessional Workers & Supervisor

Weekend supervisors don’t even like each other 😂😂😂 one of them don’t like it when their own employees ask each other for help apparently. Do better

Cons

Short Lunch Break

Cool job

Not too much high stress, good pay, free lunch. Only issues are with unprofessional management ( line leads), but since they have been letting a lot of people go due to missing work/time fraud/ inappropriate behavior it seems to be better. Go in, do your job and leave. If you do that then it’s good/easy money.

Pros

Free Lunches, On-site Covid Testing, Health/Dental

Another big company

Management seems to know what they're doing and how to run things but don't expect them to care about you. Monday through Thursday 10 hours but mandatory OT Friday and Saturday most times. Cool coworkers but never get too close or they'll start gossiping. Its really just full of a bunch of miserable people who works at a place they hate doing a job they hate to live a life they hate... but the company must be doing something right that's why it's such a big company with people who still stays.

Pays well, toxic workplace

I'm sure it will depend on the location you are working for, but a lot of Abbott facilities run what they call a "lean workforce," which means the least amount of people doing the most amount of work possible. You will always feel understaffed and behind. All departments and management are very cliquey. They try to preach "live life to the fullest," but I had the worst work life balance of any job I have ever had there. Was constantly doing overtime with little to no recognition or thanks for it.

Pros

pays a living wage

Cons

understaffed, cliquey, bad work/life balance

Productive work environment

Great company to work for. They take care of their employees and management does a great job with delegating the workload. There are many benefits that come along with being a full time Abbott employee.

Pros

Free food, room for growth

Cons

Staring at a computer all day

Fun place to work, low stress, good coworkers. Upper Management is out of touch.

Expect to be responding to machine down calls and jams a lot, troubleshooting automated machinery and doing PM's. Learned to troubleshoot, service, and maintain many different production machines old and new. Fun job, good group of Techs working together, tough schedule but it was expected.

Pros

Free Coffee & Tea, Easy to take time off, lots of bonuses when the company is doing well, occasional free food trucks, immediate supervisors and coworkers were cool and easy to work with.

Cons

Schedule and Hours can be tough, Small maintenance shop but well equipped, if production slows down a little expect layoffs you're just a number here.

Excellent Company to Work

Excellent place to work. Great Team, Great offices.

Abbott is very thorough with their training process.

I work in IQA where I’ve been able to learn a lot. The work environment is ideal not labor inducing or strenuous. Abbott is conscious of Covid and implements procedures and promotes safety protocols to prevent exposure. Overall a really good organization I’m privileged to be a part of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Abbott with

• Abbott
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?