ABBTECH Professional Resources Employee Reviews

A place that has no real direction
Helpdesk/Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 4, 2018
You are given a task and then told to complete it. If you have questions about the assignment, forget it. They have little to no idea how you are to complete the task and no real instructions on do so.
Pros
Cons
Many
Danger beware!!!
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 30, 2018
They are hiring you for a contract position, and they guarantee you 30-40 hours a week and then work you a day. Literally a day. Blame it on credentials not being back, but if you talk to people who've been there longer they'll tell you. They are actively looking for a different job.I left a full-time job for this job at Perspecta and now I'm worse off than before. BE HONEST!
Pros
nothing
Cons
lied about full-time work
Productive workplace
IT Specialist Jr (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2018
Tier 2 is an opportunity to learn about hardware and software related issues and how to either resolve it or escalate it to a higher Tier 2 for further review.
Pros
Take lunch at any time
Cons
don't have the option to work overtime and telework
Enjoyable
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA 20164May 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. They met my needs as a technician and paid a competitive wage too.If they had more projects to work in my are ,I would work for them again
show favors
Recruiter Coordinator/Jr (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 27, 2018
it is family owned so that summarize it up right there. nice people but hard to mesh with. competitive of course because its a staffing company. it needs work.
Informative
Cyber Security Watch Officer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 18, 2018
The issue was not with ABBTECH- the issue was with the the Government mission statement to ABBTECH. Would work with the company again as long as it does not have anything to do with the contract I was on.
Fun environment yet very stressful
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 30, 2017
ABBTECH can be a fun place to work, but it can also be very stressful as there are many ups and downs to recruiting. Projects may get canceled with limited notice, which in turns means we have to let our technicians down immediately. Once this happens, any and all travel arrangements have to be canceled (which may not be reimbursed). Starting pay isn't very much, but there is room for your salary (hourly rate) to raise once you reach your contracted rate to break even (meet company goal). Unfortunately, because we are not salary but hourly employees as a recruiter your salary can drop if your net worth goes below a certain amount. There is no constant.
A good place to work
IRS-IT Contractor-Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2017
The typical day at work, was busy but I was uncertain that I was working satisfactorily enough, that I would be asked to stay, and what I needed to improve on to be acceptable enough to continue working there. Looking back, I would prefer to stay and ask more questions about my performance and their expectations. Work place culture was good, the other techs there really knew their stuff and would help me if I asked a question. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the call center employees with their issues and the satisfaction it brought.
Great place to work when you're working
L3 Deployment Specialist/ IT Support (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 29, 2017
Enjoyed the travel and crews I worked with. Only con is when contract ends. The problem with most jobs these days is the problem of impersonal employment. You almost never get to meet your employer personally. And as a result do not have the ability to build personal relationships.
The company provides a good Paycheck
SharePoint Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 25, 2017
If you need a paycheck and need to break into the industry this company is a good company to work for. My only issue is that the company does not pay great. I would still suggest looking at the company if you need a paycheck.
Did not enjoy working there.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 2, 2017
I never received the help I asked for. I worked 24/7, didn't sleep much. My manager was Daddies son and he didn't do much while at work. It was a constant struggle everyday!
Pros
The customers
Cons
The management
Network Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 26, 2017
Good place to work but, benefits could be much better. No OT but, they want you to work on the weekends for Comp time. Want the money! The job is ok from time to time except when they want you to work the weekends.
Pros
Job
Cons
Benefits, Management, No OT
No Benefits
Ops Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303June 21, 2017
If benefits are not desired a good place to work. Flexible work environment. Telework permitted. A good group of people to work with. Lacks long term opportunities.
Contract 2 week Project
IT Migration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 20, 2017
Nothing negative, it was just a tough job market then in the IT world. They paid an hourly rate to migrate all of the Southern CALI office computers from XP to W7.
Great Company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Great Company and very informative.
I would recommend this company. They pay very well and assist you in every aspect. I have worked for this company for 6 months and I was very happy.
Pros
Great Company
Data Migration projects
L3 Data Migration (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 31, 2016
Abbtech is a great company to work for. Pay is nearly double the going rate locally and they pay on time.

They expect you to do the job you were hired for without having to hold your hand. That said, there is typically a project coordinator/lead tech to reach out to if needed.

This is the only job I've ever had where I actually look forward to going in each day.
Pros
Pro assignments where you can work more less on your own, while still being part of a team
Cons
Temp assignments tend to be few and far between, at least in this area.
great employer
Sr. IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2016
good benefits and workplace. They paid for parking and metro through mass transit program. Great health benefits. I would recommend this company.
Always have to look over your shoulder
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 19, 2015
Management is dysfunctional and always disagreeing with each other. Founders are trying to go in differing directions and are quick to change direction and disrupt progress. Personnel are required to make immediate impacts or you are sent packing. No loyalties between management and employees unless you are family. Family interaction strongly demonstrates dysfunction environment and lack of sound leadership and mission.
Pros
Foundation for growth engine
Cons
Management won't listen to employees ideas and encourage creative growth patterns.
great travel job
Advance Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  nationwideJune 21, 2015
fast pace type of work. having good team work all around to get task completed and the hardest part is the travel most enjoyable is the travel
Nice people working with. Willing to accomodate you for any issue
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 30, 2014
I loved working for this company. They provided me information when ever I demanded it. There is no hesitant in helping improve your abilities. The staffs are understandable especially to the employee's need.
Pros
Provide occasional lunch out for employees
Cons
healthcare is expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABBTECH Professional Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

ABBTECH Professional Resources Reviews by Location