AbbVie Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
R&D Chemist (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILDecember 6, 2018
Pretty much the best place to work in the world. Company is very big on personal life vs workload balance. Management is always willing to push employees to be their best.
Fast paced great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2018
Great company to work for, many great benefits. Able to learn various programs with company training. Management very supportive in all aspects of company.
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Upstate New YorkNovember 19, 2018
The compensation and benefits package is above average with increase based on an annual review. The company is cutting-edge and the work environment is challenging and positive/upbeat.
Productive and Educational work place
Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
I loved working here because I learned a lot about the company and made a lot of great connections with those I worked with and around. It was a great experience getting to work in an office too!
Great Internship Program
Summer Laboratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 11, 2018
I was a summer intern and had a great experience. I had a clearly defined project that was discussed between my manager and I, and she was a great resource for training me and helping me complete my project.
If you are popular, you're good.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mettawa, ILNovember 8, 2018
Interesting place to work. If you are popular, you're are good. One wrong move, and you're nonexistent. It's best not to voice your opinion...just go along with the program.
Pros
It's a large company
Cons
It's too far from from the city. You'll spend all day trying to get there.
Best place to learn your skills
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
Culture is not the greatest, and the managers are mostly untruthful. My manager did not help me advance to my fullest potential, and he was a micro- manager. Some people do not stay long, because of the culture. Typically people leave within 2 years or less. The hardest part of the job is there is no Career Life balance. I have averaged a 60 hour work week. My coworkers were awesome along with the cross functional teams. The job itself is very interesting. A typical day is that your manager will give you a list of things to do, and you complete the job. You will either develop analytical methods or support the chemical pilot plant, which can create extra hours. The plant will run 24/7 especially on weekends. AbbVie has not created shifts for chemists so there are times I have worked 15 to 17 hours a day during pilot plant. It is something they need to improve on.
Pros
Interesting job and learned a lot of skills
Cons
Management is not trustworthy
This is a very stressful place to work especially in management,
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
While working at abbvie I encounter many times harassment from management as well as discrimination. The company fired my supervisor after he made comments regarding my short term FMLA time off.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Stressful work
Overall a good place to work if you fit the culture
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 29, 2018
Flexible schedule is great and management is trying to be more agile. Coworkers are very nice. A lot of smart people. Sometimes less hardworking people might influence the work culture/dynamic.
abbive
Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
Developed and validated analytical HPLC, GC and HS-GC methods. Write validations and execute. Once executed perform Test Method Transfer to multiple sites around the globe.
Pros
Learned a lot, vast amount of knoledge though all the teams.
Cons
Shifting team structures
Ability to Work Remotely
SCIENTIST II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 21, 2018
Abbvie makes it very easy to work remotely allowing for open communication with our colleagues across the pond as well as flexible work schedule to meet appropriate timelines.
Not worth it
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2018
If you like to have no life, please apply at AbbVie. The company culture is ancient and carried over from Abbott. No work life balance AT ALL.. Unless you come in as a senior manager or above there are no real good perks besides wasting your time and life for pennies on the dollar.
Poor management and treatment of employees was abysmal
Senior Immunology Specialist- Rheumatology (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2018
Very high stress and poorly managed. Treated like we were lucky to work there and were replaceable at any time. They did pay me very well and I was a high performer.
Pros
compensated well for good performance
Cons
Very fast and changing environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILOctober 17, 2018
Very busy and never a dull moment. A very fast paced environment and positions within will always keep you busy with projects or deadlines. Everyone is a team player and there is a lot of follow-up.
Pros
everything is close
Cafe gratis
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PROctober 14, 2018
Abbvie es una empresa que cuenta con muchos beneficios para sus empleados.
Pros
Plan medico
Cons
Ninguno
null
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
no room for growth and learning for someone who is brought in as a consultant. failure to give credit where it needs to be given. even though the department needs help the management won't hire
Excellent
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
A nice place to work, they offer paid training and advancement opportunities for all those interested in advance to other positions. They offer great work life opportunities.
Pros
Free Beverages
Cons
No cost of living raises
AbbVie is an all around great company
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Lake County, ILOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work for myself is answering the VP's phones. working on project such as case exhibits and putting the into order. Opening new cases.
Pros
Benefits are perfect.
Cons
Can't leave your desk due to lack of phone coverage.
Contractor
Insurance Analyst I (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
Being a contractor at AbbVie for 2 years was not a good idea. Nothing wrong with being a contractor at all, helps you get your foot in the door, and several have been hired as employees in a short time. Unfortunately this just wasn't the case for me. If you are hired as a contractor, don't stay in the same position for more than a year. There are other opportunities waiting.
Good
Director, Field Operations, U.S. Medical Affairs (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILOctober 9, 2018
Good company - very large; a lot of room for growth. They are doing well to try and find the solution for the Humira patent cliff. They have a lot of resources at their disposal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AbbVie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight