AbbVie Employee Reviews

Cafe gratis
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PROctober 14, 2018
Abbvie es una empresa que cuenta con muchos beneficios para sus empleados.
Pros
Plan medico
Cons
Ninguno
null
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
no room for growth and learning for someone who is brought in as a consultant. failure to give credit where it needs to be given. even though the department needs help the management won't hire
Excellent
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
A nice place to work, they offer paid training and advancement opportunities for all those interested in advance to other positions. They offer great work life opportunities.
Pros
Free Beverages
Cons
No cost of living raises
AbbVie is an all around great company
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Lake County, ILOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work for myself is answering the VP's phones. working on project such as case exhibits and putting the into order. Opening new cases.
Pros
Benefits are perfect.
Cons
Can't leave your desk due to lack of phone coverage.
Contractor
Insurance Analyst I (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
Being a contractor at AbbVie for 2 years was not a good idea. Nothing wrong with being a contractor at all, helps you get your foot in the door, and several have been hired as employees in a short time. Unfortunately this just wasn't the case for me. If you are hired as a contractor, don't stay in the same position for more than a year. There are other opportunities waiting.
Good
Director, Field Operations, U.S. Medical Affairs (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILOctober 9, 2018
Good company - very large; a lot of room for growth. They are doing well to try and find the solution for the Humira patent cliff. They have a lot of resources at their disposal.
Mind numbing
Contractor (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2018
It's an okay place to work if you need good money to support yourself. The work can take it's toll on your mental and physical health depending on what your roll is.
Pros
Minimum 40 hours with good pay.
Cons
Feeling of emptiness in the work. People aren't the brightest.
Entry level learning position
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
Abbvie was an entry level position in my career. I learned a few things about working with animals that I have carried with me into my current position.
I loved it! Great benefits, work life balance
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILOctober 1, 2018
Great place to work Great hours and Benefits, Friendly People. Everyday is different it can go from being crazy busy to somewhat calm. I enjoyed it because I gained some much experience. I was able to work on so many different projects such as moving a whole department to an expired drug project.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation and profit sharing
Cons
Zero
Great place to work for.
Technical Writer/Documentation Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
I can't really rate compensation and advancement. I was a contractor and it seems that I was passed around like the proverbial hot potato. But my coworkers were fun and we did a lot of off site activities. I felt like I was an important member of the team.
Pros
Friendly working conditions, great coworkers.
Cons
They kept changing my manager.
Cut throat
Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, IL 60064September 27, 2018
Cut throat corporate life. No true room for growth in terms of years with the company. It’s so competitive, it’s hard to actually work because you’re worried about making the wrong move. It’s strict but seems laid back but great rep.
Very Tense and thankless jobs
ABAP Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2018
Very Tense and thankless jobs. Order taker is the workplace culture. Everyone shouting to you missed the date. I have to report to 10 different project manager. Expectation to work overtime.
a very nice working environment for both work and play
Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 25, 2018
I have my own working station and teammates are helpful. they help me everything including technical skills and american culture. I have several presentations there to show myself which makes me feel proud of myself.
Pros
free gym
The grass is greener here
Manufacturing Technician VI (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 23, 2018
Abbvie is the best in the industry. They have an annual bonus in December, annual raises, and a pension that kicks in after 5 years. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and learn and no one is going to stop you from going for it!
Pros
Culture, great people
Cons
stressful, not a great work life balance
Job Security without Much Excitement
Technical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
On a typical day, I was able to get a lot of heads down work done. There wasn't a great sense of community, but I felt comfortable and free to make an impact beyond my normal responsibilities.
RQS Ops Directors are difficult to work with
Program Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
The overall company is good, certain areas are more politically charged, business services was not a good place to work. some leadership styles do not fir the with company mission.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Difficult leadership
Excellent Job
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRSeptember 10, 2018
It is a highly competitive company. At AbbVie, remained attentive, organized, excelents benefits, job security and new opportunities for me in the development professional.
Fun
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 7, 2018
Great place to work people where nice and helpful always where there to answer questions I. Had showed me around and made me feel like a part of the team
Almost 10 Years
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I worked in several divisions within the organization and always enjoyed my peers and the day to day job. I have altruistically wanted to help make a difference in peoples lives and at AbbVie
definitely did.
Difficult and rewarding job opportunities.
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MISeptember 7, 2018
As a pharmaceutical technician the job primarily consists of executing steps in a batch record or cleaning batch record in order to successfully produce the desired product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AbbVie. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight