AbbVie Employee Reviews

Very relax place to work.
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Would liked to have landed a permanent position with Abbvie. Great place to work and opportunities to advance. The research the do save lives and they are looking to improve further into finding cures.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Being a Contractor
Run away from pharmacy solutions
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 14, 2019
Hard to get into AbbVie and once in then hard to move up. People stay in the same position for years despite having qualifications or degrees. There is something fundamentally wrong in pharmacy solutions. In my group after five years, after dozens of people, only three people ever got promoted to other departments. Development is a complete sham. I’m glad I left when I could because I gave up trying to make an effort or impression simply making managers look good who were clueless... employees often step in to answer manager questions or help with other simple tasks. Manager turnover rather high too. Only one manager knows what their doing. The culture isn’t good mainly because many in techs or csr roles are never given chance to move up or shadow others. Contractors are even discriminated against if trying to apply for another Internal contractor roles. Someone needs to blow the whistle on hiring practices here. Definite EEO violations. They always decide who they want when there is a position open because they groom certain people so no one is given a fair chance. It’s a facade to make it look like interview quota is good and just. When they decide who they want, they quickly filter people and give you fake feedback or set your interview up so you fail. Asking how many projects you have done or so and so unrealistic questions because they should know limitations in your role especially if tied to a desk or phone. Shame on AbbVie for letting such practices run rampant. There are so many talented and educated people in pharmacy solutions who are stuck because of poor culture  more... and some rotten eggs in management.  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Development
Great place to work and very high paced and stressful
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2019
My day was always very busy with receiving and processing reports and completed them on a timely manner.
Report to management of completed and uncompleted reports.
Job could be very stressful at times.
The hardest part of this job was not completing report due to vendor not responding to emails for addition information not provided on adverse event forms.
Learned the process of how a drug is made from beginning to end.
Enjoyed my job because I was always kept busy and it was not boring, always learning new things.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Long hours and stressful at times
Project Coordinator, Internal Digital Operations (Former Employee) –  Mettawa, ILFebruary 14, 2019
This was a great place to work for. They taught me a lot working omg in corporate America. The people I worked with encouraged me to grow and develop as a young man
Pros
Skill development
Cons
No benefits
Not Much
Finance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2019
You need to be part of high school/college/boys club to advance in your career at ABV. Too much politics. I brought it up and boy I was black listed for anything
Excellent company
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRFebruary 6, 2019
Great management and god benefits, Wonderful culture and good products for the patients. Good opportunity to growth as a professional. They bring opportunity to learn in other areas.
Fast Pase environment
Packaging Line Technician-Lead (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Daily stretches to prevent less injuries, theres always something new to know and to learn. Management is engaged with there employees and there needs.
Oh boy!
Audit (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 5, 2019
If you ever worked at Abbott,it's the same culture as AbbVie. So much for spinning off a new company with the hope of doing things differently. Only problem was that the Management at AbbVie came from Abbott. Only certain favorites were able to work from home at a moments notice, while others had to beg to go to a dentist appointment because your from tooth fell out. We had several people who were doing more than 1 job and it was expected of them. as a matter of fact we had 1 person in particular who was actually doing 3 jobs at once. There was a lot of "throwing people under the bus" when management did something wrong.
Pros
For the most part my peers were okay
Cons
long hours, horrible management
Project Manager 1 - Contractor - Not Employee
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2019
To avoid conflicts of interest, contractors should not be put in a position to rate other contractors. Ideas should be better thought through by the leadership teams from the top down.
Cons
Lousy consideration for contractors.
Results
Gerente de relações Governamentais (Former Employee) –  BrazilJanuary 31, 2019
My job at Abbvie was focused on high-performance results. I worked with several company teams to approve products in the public health system.
But this job it´s very important for the our people.
Pros
I´m positive
Cons
Do not work with excessive pressure
a good place
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJanuary 27, 2019
it is a good place to work bur not much of professional growing. Have a very great work environment to work and every site have their own culture of working and are very different.
Exciting matrix working environment with convincing pipelines
Medical Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 27, 2019
AbbVie provides exciting pipeline products and diverse working environment. You could learn a lot if you could handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Great place to work,
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 26, 2019
Contract employee and was unable to become a permanent employee. I loved my position and the people that I worked with, but was unable to continue working, due to family obligations
Pros
free lunch
Cons
contract employee never get hired.
Loved the challenge for Hep C
HCV Senior Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2019
I was ranked top rep in the United States and I had the lowest potential territory that I grew the market in. I won many awards and promoted to leadership.
Pros
Income, trust, development and we were appreciated
Cons
After maternity they don’t support you
Workplace politics, unconscious bias, slow, backwards thinking
Biologist III (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2019
The worst company I have ever worked for. If you don't schmooze and play the office politics games you will never be promoted no matter how hard you work, your commitment level to the company, or how skilled you are. I can't think of a single positive thing to say about this company and would love to get out as soon as possible.
Good Client
Workday Functional Consultant, NGA Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2019
Good client to work. Supported Payroll (SAP), HCM core, Compensation, Reporting (Workday). Client team is friendly and provided details requirements to work on.
Pros
Client team is good
Excellent corporate environment with amply opportunies
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2019
Company provided a good balance of life/work with good compensation and benefits. There was ample opportunities to advance one's career through additional training, mentorship programs, and cross job training. Company provided tuition reimbursement for passing grades.
Pros
clear opportunities
Cons
sometimes remote location ideas were not considered over corporate head quarters ideas.
Good Company
Clinical Studies Associate III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2019
As a company, AbbVie is quite impressive. The pay and benefits are competitive. The job culture overall isn't bad. Certain departments have a hard time keeping employees, either due to contract or management, but most of the other departments do very well.
Pros
Competitive pay, awesome benefits
Cons
Certain departments have micro-managing managers
Good company
Training Manager, Purchasing & Supplier Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2019
AbbVie is an excellent company to work for. Great benefits, great culture in general. Some departments are not as great with work culture, however the company overall is great
It was a perfecet experience for me
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  TRJanuary 18, 2019
It was a perfect experience for a part time employee, I learnt a lot and enjoyed a lot too. My manager was so helpful. I would like to work in Abbvie again if I have chance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AbbVie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight