AbbVie Employee Reviews

Supportive
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 18, 2018
AbbVie was an amazing first place of employment. Even though I was an intern the department was always sure to include me and every one was willing to teach and assist me with any task.
Very strange culture
Project Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake County, ILJuly 17, 2018
Buyer beware. Very political and hesitant to change. Smart people. However they spend an inordinate amount of time saving face. Systems are old and poorly integrated,
Interesting Place
Development Program (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
Great place to learn the politics of industry. Typical day at work is meetings. Hardest part of the job is the navigating the politics.Must drive your own development.
Productive workplace with good culture
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 12, 2018
Interned for a summer and learned valuable skills from people from my department and others which were useful for my career path after I finished college. Employees were patient, helpful and taught skills well.
Productive and fun workplace with many perks.
R&D TOXICOLOGY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Unbelievable benefits and healthcare, paternal and maternal leave, group charity events, flexible schedule, day-care on site, product discounts, free meals, incentive awards and more.
it is great working here
IT compliance manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 10, 2018
it is great working here . More learning opportunities are there .
One can put forward new ideas. Independence of schedule .
Remote work is allowed .
Great Company...
Project / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILJuly 6, 2018
Great Company, but no work/life balance.

You could do very well or get kicked to the curb depending on what Brand you are aligned to. Vendor management is big, as most of the work is done by digital/creative agencies
Challenging and Relax Work Place
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJuly 3, 2018
During my experience, I learned a lot of several topics: Media preparation, Aseptic Process, Parenteral products.
My manager was available everyday. And my peers was awesome.
Pros
extracurricular activities
Great company to work for
Lab technician II (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 1, 2018
AbbVie is a research-based global biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative, advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience, as well as general medicine.
Pros
good benefits, good drug pipelines
Cons
long commute
Abbvie
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 30, 2018
Es una farmacéutica muy prestigiosa, donde todo el personal tiene a cargo labores de suma importancia. Me encanta sus beneficios y el trato para con las personas. Ademas me llama la atención su manera de colaborar con asuntos benéficos.
Pros
Limpieza
Cons
No hay contras
Excellent Company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILJune 27, 2018
Entire intranet environment is very empoyee focused. Great benefits,and excellent management. Also AbbVie has great perks.
The only downfall is when you are forced to leave the company (department dissolved) and retire but when you come back it can only be as a contractor. I can understand this policy but it can be changed to reflect that the benefit of a pension would be removed. Many are being forced to go over to Abbott because of this policy, but would definately prefer to work at AbbVie. AbbVie is loosing man highlyy trained and dedicated employees due to this policy. .
benefits
Cons
when retired cannot come back as a full time employee, If you can come back as a contractor, I believe you should be able to re-enter the company as a fulltime employee minus the pension, Many are being forced to go to Abbott because of this policy.
Excellent Company
Communication Accounting Specialist (Intake) (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 24, 2018
Working with Abbvie was an enriching experience. I growup as a professional and adquired a lot of knowledges. I'm very proud of was part of Abbvie. I'm very grateful for the opportunity of be part of Abbvie LTD.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Bad
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 11, 2018
Management is the worst. Managers are more worried about asskissing than getting the right solutions. Micromanagement at very best. Probably the worst place i have ever worked
Good culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2018
i enjoyed my time here. good benefits and helpful team leads that care about their employees. I would say that it's worth working here given the pros.
Pharmacy Operations Partner II (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 8, 2018
The department I was in was micro-managed. Supervisors have their favorite people and only they get opportunity to move on. Only people who run to upper management for little things turns out to be seen as over-achievers. People who need minimal supervision are overlooked and never given a chance to participate in big projects unless you fight for it or keep asking for more challenges.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
Micro-managed, poor management atleast where I was.
Excellent environment work
Pharmacy Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 7, 2018
Excellent environment work. Excellent Training System. Great food and service in the cafeteria. Nice Gym and trainers.Is a nice place to work and continue developing your career as a professional.
Decent Benefits, Work you hard
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
The company benefits are fairly standard, however the pay is definitely at the top end within the area. They expect delivery and people are happy to do it. Lots of nights and occasional weekends.
AbbVie is a good company to work for if your an employee
Desktop Technician II (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 6, 2018
I was responsible for installing and configuring hardware and software on a high volume of computers, printers and other products for customers on a daily basis.
ok
Statistician/SAS Programmer (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 3, 2018
a typical day at work is going thru protocols, executing the study plan, programming, programming, more programming, QC, tables, validation, and sometimes meetings, and doing quite a lot
Very Productive
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 24, 2018
It was a great experience working with AbbVie. People are very welcoming and the place where we can learn and shape our skills. I just love the office environment and my colleagues who used to drive and help the project on times. There used to collaborated work environment.
Pros
Occasions
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AbbVie. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

81out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AbbVie.

Powered by Comparably