AbbVie

Found 883 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,158 reviews

AbbVie insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Starting to become like big pharma instead of biotech

Micro-management for biotech Too many programs that weren't necessarily contributing to medical education. Many failures in the pipeline. Seemed like they were favoring a younger sales force instead of seasoned with experience.

Great internship program

I was given a customer project based on my skillset and interests. Management really emphasizes professional development and provides interns with plenty of opportunities for it

Great experience

Company offers those who are willing to learn great opportunities for growth and development. Constantly raising the bar on expectations but does not pay as well as other companies do. There is little turnover but the company struggles when SME’s leave as they take all the knowledge with them.

Pros

People are overall friendly

Cons

Pay, work life balance

One stop job for happiness and success

Great cafe food and pricing. Great pay and benefits are unbelievable. First time getting a job that fit all the aspects I've been looking for!

Pros

Free lunch money every month. Personal HP laptop to take home.

Cons

Temp-to-Hire but patience is key

Good team work environment. People are very supportive and caring.

Management is hands-off. They encourage autonomy but will step in when asked or needed.Co-workers like to have fun with work and are positively motivated which makes a nice environment for all.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Excellent company to work in an ever changing industry

Overall great company with an exceptional culture. They are consistently fair and offer competitive salaries. Strong code of ethics for employees and patient focused. Abbvie encourages and offers opportunities for professional growth. Strong pipeline for sustainability in an ever changing industry.

Must be driven and results oriented.

Must deliver on goals and objectives while exhibiting core values. If you are a take charge leader you’ll do well however collaborating with other like minded individuals can be challenging at times. As with any large corporation it will take time to learn the business and prove yourself.

Pros

Pay and benefits.

Cons

Fast paced and stressful at times. Not much in the way of support or a career path.

Good people

Good people. Good team. Great supervisor. Had a great people and guidance supporting us. There were challenges but nothing that we could fix. Learned a lot.

Very chaotic onboarding experience

This is a very large company. It Feels disorganized. I do not recommend this company for flexibility. Virtual meetings require on camera appearances.

Pros

Pay

Yuhgbjjjchjkkbccdrhnvcc book iufr

The place ok to work for. I can say it's the best place I ever worked for. Everyone is happy and respectful to each other. The pay is good and their is room for growth

Pros

Free lunch

No work life balance

I was very lucky in that I had great managers, and a good part of that was my attitude of always wanting to improve. The culture of the division I was in was positive; though that was not the same culture of the majority of other divisions, but it was a very stressful job. There is flexibility in hours because you set your own schedule based on client scheduling and needs. Some days I was in the field from 7am to 10pm and then the next day it would be 10am to 4pm. The major challenge was the amount of work you had to do outside of field work to analyze data and prepare for each day. The pay and benefits were good, but when you broke it down to how many hours you actually worked rather than the 40 hour work week, they got more than their money’s worth out of you. There were a lot of good things and it is great if you are a workaholic like I was, I just got burnt out because the targeting for clients was all based on their volume of business but didn’t take in to consideration access and only paid lip service to the information that was coming from the people who were the boots on the ground. Basically, I felt the industry in my area was getting to the point where bigger organizations were buying up all the independent offices and banned sales representatives as a general policy making it difficult to get in front of the actual decision makers.

Pros

Flexibility of schedule and work from home using equipment issued by the company

Cons

Poor strategic planning from executives in the home office, marketing materials not particularly useful

The people are fantastic

Work is clearly defined and there is a good support network. Lots of employee recognition and positive feedback. Great teams and teamwork atmosphere.

Communication with the other facilities is pretty bad, not this locations fault but it definitely makes the job worse

All the people at Madison are pretty cool, the other locations just don’t seem to have the same luck and that’s pretty annoying considering you constantly get calls.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Pay could be better

Long hours but also alot of overtime

The job is very easy once you get the hang of it but it's also very repetitive which makes it hard mentally. Love the people there which makes the day go faster. Not alot of room for advancement though

Pros

Lots of Overtime, People

Cons

Long hours, Repetitive work

Good Pay but Toxic

Run quickly. All money not good money and you will spend most of it if you work in Pharmacy Solutions for medical care and treatment.Very toxic work environment with toxic managers and supervisors.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Bullying, Toxic work environment. No support

Progressive, offers great training, leadership, It is a very inclusive workplace

This is the best company in my 35 yr career. I feel that most people are very successful, talented and really care about every aspect of their job. Management is exceptional and is willing to go all the way for their team.

Pros

Great facilities, alot of great training and mentoring for all, Lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Diversity

They bought us and all went south

Allergan was great, then Abbvie came to town with lots of demands but little to no plan. As usual with a buyout, the lesser company got squeezed for everything they had, driving production numbers while reducing budget. I didn't like the new management so hit the road.

Pros

Life changing products let me feel good about helping people

Cons

Sr management was verbally abusive and backstabbing

Good, solid company. Lots of opportunities.

Just like any large company, has its share of negatives and bureaucracy. Lots of great people and room to grow. Work/life balance can be a challenge.

Great Benefits

If you're looking for stability and great benefits then AbbVie is a great place to work. They have a pension! There was little room for growth in my department.

Lately has become very autocratic management

Used to be a great company to work for. Leadership changes in IT in last 3-4 years has maligned the culture of the company. It has become autocratic management way of working.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Upper management from granger spoiled the culture of the company in IT

The job can be stressful at times, but we always accomplish our deadlines with the help of staff. This job requires good documentation skills and alertness. Learned a lot of new things working for fermentation and proper PPE to wear with different chemicals. With a great trainer, things can run smoothly. Unfortunately, some trainers arent always the best, but taking notes always helps.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

training

Common questions about AbbVie

Answered by current and former employees at AbbVie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AbbVie. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight