Abby Vans

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fast paced environment with strong support

If you desire a high energy environment that will challenge you to provide quality customer service, then Abby Vans is a place to consider. They provide ongoing training for the ever growing need for transportation.

Pros

Flexible work hours, health care and great support

Fun job, poor management.

Job was great bringing clients to different places, but the management was not organised. Routes were over packed and they wanted you to literally work like a robot. They would ignore any schedule requests and did not maintain their vehicles well at all… just enough to keep them on the road. Oil changes would regularly go way over service intervals (by thousands) in their already 10k mile interval. The safety concerns were pushed aside and forgotten about. You WILL be working 12 hour plus days 5 days a week plus weekends which they want you to work regularly. Watch out because two weeks after hire, you will be getting swamped and have no home life.

Great Place To Work

I have been with Abby Vans for over 10 years and have to say this is one of the most respected places to work for. They can be flexible with your hours and schedules as needed. The drivers are also great to work with on a daily basis as well. Drivers and Staff truly care about clients and making sure they get where they need to go. Office staff are polite and caring with the upmost respect. They are always making sure to be the one above, if they can't assist you, they will find someone who can.

Pros

Flexible Schedules, Full or Part-time, Friendly Enviroment

Cons

So far nothing to complain about.

Great place to work!

I love driving for Abby Vans! The owners and management team are awesome. They are there so helpful and encouraging. I like having my van at home and the hours are great. I plan on working here as long as I'm physically and mentally capable. I like the variety each day brings and I am amazed at how organized the staff is.

Do what your suppose to and you won’t have an issue

This is by far one of my favorite jobs! I still get to interact with people and help them too! They are so flexible with my busy home life as well. Thank you Abby Vans for giving me this great opportunity to be apart of your company! ❤️

Pros

They provide you with EVERYTHING you need to be a successful driver

Cons

Sometimes there are long breaks between clients. I like to stay busy

Ok place to work they didn't give much for reviews

Ok company to far of a distance to go to the office. Vechiles were old and had alot of moles on them. Management could have been a little more understanding and professional.

Pros

Got to keep vechile at own residence

Cons

No breaks

Official response from Abby Vans

February 26, 2021
We have one 2013 vehicle that still is running strong but the rest of the fleet are primarily 2015 and higher. We maintain our vehicles so well that even when sold at over 150,000 to 200,000 miles they still run and look great.

Enjoyed Driving Clients as needed, but Management and a life are non-existent

One day 5am to 730pm with a 3 or 4 hour non paid break in between. Next day 11am to 3pm. Hired Full time but 3 months averaged 24 hrs a week. Customer Service People were awesome!!! Need some support of the drivers. Disappointed!! Also very physical for 11.00 per hour company paid Staff poorly for responsibility and safety of clients.

A typical day at work consists of picking up clients from their house and driving them to their appointments or work. The best part of the job is interacting with the clients. The hardest part of the job is loading up wheelchairs and finding the locations of the clients.

I don't ever plan on leaving

I have worked at Abby Vans in the office for over a decade and am extremely happy here. Abby Vans is family owned, and cares about their employees. They recognize how family life sometimes interferes with work hours and do their best to work with us on our schedule needs. I was trained here to do my job and learned everything I do from my supervisors . Some days are stressful; but that is with any job - I certainly would not trade my job to work anywhere else. There are lots of perks here - Free lunch food and coffee always available. The staff generally works together as a united group; that along with business casual dress and potlucks regularly just makes this a really nice place to work!

Schedule was a challenge on some days

Loved driving and meeting new people every day. Sometimes pushing clients in wheelchairs was a challenge, especially when one was heavy. Some days the schedule was very challengin

Pros

Enjoyed the freedom of driving and meeting people

Cons

Road conditions in winter were not good. Starting in early morning hours. 3-4am not good

Jobs at Abby Vans

See more jobs

N/a

Management doesn't help the dispatcher not very helpful don't listen to drivers routes never good always rushing u almost gotta speed everytime you work

Official response from Abby Vans

November 11, 2019
As always in transporting people there are lots of factors that come in to play when trying to get clients to their appointments on time. Weather, other clients running late, traffic, etc. Per Abby Vans policy, drivers are to always follow traffic laws and are to communicate when they run behind - then the office does their best to move trips or call clients to notify we are running behind to catch the driver up. Some days it is a challenge.

Daily Driver

Great job as a retiree, flexible hours when I needed time off for Dr appointments, etc. Also when planned ahead for my hobbies, (hunting/fishing) If more hours are wanted, they will accommodate you. Van stays at your house so no driving to get it daily. 99% of passengers are very nice and friendly. Management will work with you on any issues and most often grant your wishes. Vans are kept up, but can take some time with minor issues to be repaired. You receive schooling which is on-line and is renewed yearly. Overall a nice place to work.

Pros

Vehicle stays at your home, flexible hours

Cons

Can be hectic at times

Been a good job

If I was staying in the area, would recommend company to anyone that works hard. Management cares about employees. Is a good place to work, doesn't offer a lot of healtcare benefits that is worth anything. Job is a challenge but is good

Pros

provides lunch items and other things, works with scheduling

Cons

healthcare coverage, pay

fast paced

I felt I knew a lot about scheduling but after being here there is so much more to learn and remember. The work is fast paced and lots of emailing to others.

Pros

constant work load

Cons

so much to learn and expected of you

Good

I waoried independently as the cleaning person. It's a nice office and base outside of town.the transport people to thier medical appointments. Also they have the city taxi services and a county taxi. My work places were a nice place to clean.

Pros

Lunches were bring your own unless a potluck or holiday party.

Cons

Not much for or staying pay minimum wage

Flexible, but low pay and very stressful

Like the flexibility of schedule, but low pay, no healthcare benefits and very demanding and very stressful customer service environment. Management and supervisory can often be toxic to deal with. If you make even a tiny mistake, you get written up and referred to management for review.

Pros

Lunches, flexible schedule

Cons

No healthcare benefits, low pay, can be a toxic workplace environment

Favortism

Special Treatment for those who are special..... Expectations are higher than the ability to perform tasks in timely matter. Lots of favoritism as most family works there.

Pros

Free food available

Cons

Stressful Customer Service Rep Positions

OK for a short period, not long term

Extremely high turnover, dispatchers put to work without training, poor communication, high pressure working environment with low wages, NO health insurance...

terrible!

Terrible working environment! No flexibility with hours. doesn't care about employees! the boss would rather hire new employees to fill spots rather then work with his other employees to make them happy for where they work.

Pros

relaxed

Cons

everything

Good learning experience

It's a good learning experience place but not a permanent one. Too much of a revolving door, poor communication, no benefits. Co-workers are awesome and it is nice at how flexible the company is with time off and things of that sort.

A typical day at work.

This job is very demanding high volume in calls, and very fast pace along with thinking on a fast pace. You are independent on your job you have to problem solve and make decisions that can affect numerous people involved.

Pros

Very flexable in time off or flexing hours

Cons

No advancement, no raises, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abby Vans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Abby Vans