Abby Vans

Abby Vans Employee Reviews

United States21 reviews
Ok company to far of a distance to go to the office. Vechiles were old and had alot of moles on them. Management could have been a little more understanding and professional.
Pros
Got to keep vechile at own residence
Cons
No breaks
One day 5am to 730pm with a 3 or 4 hour non paid break in between. Next day 11am to 3pm. Hired Full time but 3 months averaged 24 hrs a week. Customer Service People were awesome!!! Need some support of the drivers. Disappointed!! Also very physical for 11.00 per hour company paid Staff poorly for responsibility and safety of clients.
A typical day at work consists of picking up clients from their house and driving them to their appointments or work. The best part of the job is interacting with the clients. The hardest part of the job is loading up wheelchairs and finding the locations of the clients.
I have worked at Abby Vans in the office for over a decade and am extremely happy here. Abby Vans is family owned, and cares about their employees. They recognize how family life sometimes interferes with work hours and do their best to work with us on our schedule needs. I was trained here to do my job and learned everything I do from my supervisors . Some days are stressful; but that is with any job - I certainly would not trade my job to work anywhere else.
There are lots of perks here - Free lunch food and coffee always available. The staff generally works together as a united group; that along with business casual dress and potlucks regularly just makes this a really nice place to work!
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Loved driving and meeting new people every day.
Sometimes pushing clients in wheelchairs was a challenge, especially when one was heavy.

Some days the schedule was very challengin
Pros
Enjoyed the freedom of driving and meeting people
Cons
Road conditions in winter were not good. Starting in early morning hours. 3-4am not good
Management doesn't help the dispatcher not very helpful don't listen to drivers routes never good always rushing u almost gotta speed everytime you work
Official response from Abby Vans
November 11, 2019
As always in transporting people there are lots of factors that come in to play when trying to get clients to their appointments on time. Weather, other clients running late, traffic, etc. Per Abby Vans policy, drivers are to always follow traffic laws and are to communicate when they run behind - then the office does their best to move trips or call clients to notify we are running behind to catch the driver up. Some days it is a challenge.
Great job as a retiree, flexible hours when I needed time off for Dr appointments, etc. Also when planned ahead for my hobbies, (hunting/fishing) If more hours are wanted, they will accommodate you.
Van stays at your house so no driving to get it daily.

99% of passengers are very nice and friendly.

Management will work with you on any issues and most often grant your wishes.

Vans are kept up, but can take some time with minor issues to be repaired.

You receive schooling which is on-line and is renewed yearly.

Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
Vehicle stays at your home, flexible hours
Cons
Can be hectic at times
If I was staying in the area, would recommend company to anyone that works hard. Management cares about employees.
Is a good place to work, doesn't offer a lot of healtcare benefits that is worth anything. Job is a challenge but is good
Pros
provides lunch items and other things, works with scheduling
Cons
healthcare coverage, pay
I felt I knew a lot about scheduling but after being here there is so much more to learn and remember. The work is fast paced and lots of emailing to others.
Pros
constant work load
Cons
so much to learn and expected of you
I waoried independently as the cleaning person. It's a nice office and base outside of town.the transport people to thier medical appointments. Also they have the city taxi services and a county taxi. My work places were a nice place to clean.
Pros
Lunches were bring your own unless a potluck or holiday party.
Cons
Not much for or staying pay minimum wage
Like the flexibility of schedule, but low pay, no healthcare benefits and very demanding and very stressful customer service environment. Management and supervisory can often be toxic to deal with. If you make even a tiny mistake, you get written up and referred to management for review.
Pros
Lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
No healthcare benefits, low pay, can be a toxic workplace environment
Special Treatment for those who are special.....
Expectations are higher than the ability to perform tasks in timely matter. Lots of favoritism as most family works there.
Pros
Free food available
Cons
Stressful Customer Service Rep Positions
Extremely high turnover, dispatchers put to work without training, poor communication, high pressure working environment with low wages, NO health insurance...
Terrible working environment! No flexibility with hours. doesn't care about employees! the boss would rather hire new employees to fill spots rather then work with his other employees to make them happy for where they work.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
everything
It's a good learning experience place but not a permanent one. Too much of a revolving door, poor communication, no benefits. Co-workers are awesome and it is nice at how flexible the company is with time off and things of that sort.
This job is very demanding high volume in calls, and very fast pace along with thinking on a fast pace. You are independent on your job you have to problem solve and make decisions that can affect numerous people involved.
Pros
Very flexable in time off or flexing hours
Cons
No advancement, no raises, no benefits
Management and staff need to be more aware of the areas they are sending their worker. To many runs not timed correctly. Over all a casual work place.
Following your manifest day to day.

I have learned that you can have a disability and it don't have to be seen.

The management wasn't the greatest when I was there, but it is better now.

The hardest thing about the job was dealing with some clients that have certain diseases and you want to protect yourself but nobody can tell you about it because of HIPPA and you want to protect yourself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.

Pros
Working outside and with the general public
Cons
If you don't have a run for an hour, you don't get paid, and they don't pay well.
Here, you work in a very fast paced environment, so it can get very stressful. But in the same sense, most of your co-workers are wonderful people!
I was originally hired as full time,however, now I am lucky to get 40 hrs in two weeks. I love this job but, need to get full time work
Pros
love the flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
This position is good for someone who does not need the monies or benifits. There is no advancement, no pay raises to speak of, and that does not have a famiy life . Needs to be available from 4am untll whenever.