ABCM Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Awesome support from management
RN-AL Manager and MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garner, IAMarch 26, 2018
I have loved working for this corporation for the past 6 1/2 years and am sad to leave but I have moved out of the area and am seeking a job closer to my home.
Position was fun
Human Resource Coordinator- (Former Employee) –  Aplington, IAFebruary 12, 2018
Liked my job and position but after gaining a bachelor's degree I felt no where for advancement at this facility. I constantly strive to achieve higher standards for myself and need to look for something more challenging.
Great people to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Independence, IAJanuary 3, 2018
Loved my residents loved the people I worked with just wasn’t enough pay to keep my family going. Good for high school students or someone that still lives with family.
Pros
Free lunches
managment is the worst.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garner, IAJuly 26, 2017
a typical day at work is they run you like a chicken with your head cut off while your doing a million and one things and there are many calls light but no one in the office get out help seeing as how they are so busy, but they can take time out of their busy work days to go out or eat or smoke whenever they want to but people on the floor aren't allowed to.

I learned that I refuse to be treated this way again, they want you to pretty much live there and its very unprofessional with how often they text you on your days off. they will hound and hound you to pick up shifts and wont care if it puts you in a 10 day stretch.

I loved my floor nurses and my residents and that's it,

they fire people for the stupidest reasons and get even be man enough to do it face to face, they do it through a voicemail.
Pros
residents
Cons
everythig, do not work for abcm!!
A very friendly environment full of good people.
Door to Door Salesman (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJuly 23, 2017
My job was pretty simple and gave a decent pay for the amount of work I did. I'm glad to have had the experience that I had working at Bloomfield care center.
Pros
Free lunches
Previous Employee
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, IAJuly 17, 2017
Management is horribly ran, feels like a high school episode of mean girls. I was never filled in on anything that was happening, or trained well. I was expected to know everything on my own, the lack of communication with management is the worst I have ever experienced.
Pros
Seeing the residents
Cons
Fake smiles from management
Productive, stable work environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJune 15, 2017
As an employee at ABCM I felt like the staff taught me how to transition from being a student to being in the workforce. I appreciated the exceptional communication between the therapists and the building employees. I felt like this company also really cares about their employees by providing them with compensation and benefits that were appropriate for the work requirements.
Pros
Free lunch, good compensation/benefits, great communication
Cons
traveling, lack of products for the patients, dirty/small work environment
I really enjoyed working for the company i learned a lot about working with people with disabilities. It was a great experience for me.
Developmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 28, 2017
I loved to go to work everyday just to see the smiles on the resident's faces it is priceless. I enjoyed helping the resident's with daily living activities and personal cares. If you get a job for ABCM CORP its a blessing.
Pros
You get one free meal either lunch or dinner.
Cons
Healthcare is kind of expensive.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dumont, IADecember 12, 2016
I worked here for a short time and absolutely loved it! Due to some health issues I resigned. Everyone who works there treats you like you matter. It doesn't matter if you are a director or a janitor we were all treated the same. It's a clean place to work and very organized! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone!
Horrible job security and staffing
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IASeptember 16, 2016
If you like to be underpaid, overworked, and have little to no management- this is perfect.
None of the management likes to help- no one is held accountable
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, micromanagement, staffing
Unbalance company say they hiring then you apply then they not hireing.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 24, 2016
To much racism there plus .Unstable staff half of them popping pills.I was a cna the patients were wonderful and sweet.but everything else.no comment
Pros
none lazy workers
Very good for-profit organization
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IAJuly 1, 2015
ABCM is a stable for profit organization with more than 30 years in business. Corporate level leaders provided excellent support that helped me to be successful as an administrator. ABCM allowed administrators to make decisions that would help the facility to be successful.

Emmetsburg Care Center was an active part of the community with a very good reputation for care provided and quality of life for our residents. Employee recognition and team building was strongly emphasized and supported at the home office level.

This was an exceptional facility for our residents to live and for our staff to work. Spending time with our residents, families and staff was a true joy.
Pros
Excellent working environment; corporate support to help facilites to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABCM Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.