ABCM Corporation Employee Reviews

Slow and very stressful
Door Greeter (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, IANovember 1, 2018
When you show up and as soon as management saw you they would just glare and look down on me like I was nothing. They really just don't treat the workers very well at all. They whole place is just very unorganized. They don't prepare you for emergency situations either. and anyone that works evenings and nights have no idea what to do if there were a fire, tornado or even an intruder. It's just a very stressful, and unorganized place to work.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Fun and relaxed work environement
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, IANovember 19, 2018
Relaxed work place with the ability to set your own schedule. Fun and friendly co-workers with the ability to grow as a team and individually. Flexible hours when communicated.
Pros
Work environment and friendly caring staff
Stressful environment; Poorly managed
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, IASeptember 18, 2018
A beautiful facility with wonderful residents; very poorly managed therefore a lot of chaos and stress. Constant employee turnover due to poor management who seems more concerned with numbers than people.
Pros
free meals, uniform/shoe allowance
Cons
poor leadership
Good part time job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Garner, IANovember 4, 2018
This place is a good place to work for high school or college age students looking for a part time job that pays well. It is great knowing you are helping people in this field and helps you make connections with others.
Amazing corporation!
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sac City, IAJune 16, 2018
Could not ask for a better employer! As a RN with ABCM I feel not only empowered but also appreciated on a daily basis. My peers, whether co-workers or corporate consultants, are always here to lend a helping hand, a kind word, or simply a smile---alongside the residents, this workplace truly feels like home---even on a bad day! So grateful for this opportunity and for the ability to make a difference every day!
Company makes you feel important
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, IAJuly 11, 2018
I love working for ABCM. I truly feel like I am part of a family that cares. I work long hours because I choose to, because I care about the staff and the residents. I never feel unappreciated. Every day is an adventure.
Pros
Free meals and snacks
Cons
Insurance benefits are not that great
Quality people. Poorly executed
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IAMay 15, 2018
Oversee marketing projects for three skilled care facilities
Developed and planned 27 quarterly marketing events, execution of six
Cultivated referral relationships with other providers in the area
Created five new referral accounts with previously unengaged providers
Developed a community based advertising campaign to promote facilities
Represented facilities at community events as a brand ambassador
(add how many new client were brought in total)
Not the Best
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, IAJune 13, 2018
Working for ABCM Company was not a good experience for me. The management was lazy and did not care about the employees or the residents. They are far too focused on hiring people than they are at hiring GOOD people. Overall hated every minute of working for the company. The residents were wonderful though.
learning experance
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Morning Sun, IAJuly 23, 2018
a work day here is toss and turn you ca have a good day then you can have a stressful day most of mine were good ..it will keep you busy at all times everyone is nice
Pros
they are willing to work with the hours that you need and days off
Nice place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, IAJuly 3, 2018
good team work in the kitchen, everyone is willing to help each other out, great hours, free meals, plus they paid $50 to your shoes and scrubs, if you need something to do your job they will get it for you.
Pros
Free lunch
Hostile work enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Belmond, IAJune 21, 2018
I loved working with the elderly there and went above and beyond of my duties however this was a very stressful job with the poor management. Stressful place.
Pros
working with the Elderly
Cons
no breaks many days
Always short staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAApril 2, 2018
Unreliable employees, short staffed, mandated double shifts due to this. Management claims to help out but does not actually follow through. Rules are only enforced onto certain employees. Employees related to management staff get better treatment.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
denied breaks, mandated double shifts with no notice
Awesome support from management
RN-AL Manager and MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garner, IAMarch 26, 2018
I have loved working for this corporation for the past 6 1/2 years and am sad to leave but I have moved out of the area and am seeking a job closer to my home.
Position was fun
Human Resource Coordinator- (Former Employee) –  Aplington, IAFebruary 12, 2018
Liked my job and position but after gaining a bachelor's degree I felt no where for advancement at this facility. I constantly strive to achieve higher standards for myself and need to look for something more challenging.
Great people to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Independence, IAJanuary 3, 2018
Loved my residents loved the people I worked with just wasn’t enough pay to keep my family going. Good for high school students or someone that still lives with family.
Pros
Free lunches
Over worked and under payed in a fast paced environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IANovember 29, 2018
I love the residents and get along with all co workers. We were constantly under staffed. We were mandated blue days in which we would have a day that if someone called in we were made to stay the whole next shift also. Then expected to be back the next day to work after a 16 hour shift. Management had favorites and if they like you they would bend over backwards to not have to fire you if you were constantly late or for other disciplinary occurrences and if they didn’t they looked for any reason to fire you. The benefits were terrible. We were supposed to be a team but yet nurses insurance was better insurance. The aides have a 6000 deductible so basically if you go to doctor just when sick you are paying out of your pocket and still paying monthly premium. They have a 401k retirement account in which they don’t contribute to. They don’t invest one penny to match. The hourly wage is one of the lowest around this area. They expect your blood sweat and tears to be poured into this place but they don’t invest in you or your future. The management has changed but it’s all remained the same. They are constantly asking you to pick up more and more shifts. Raises are somewhat based on your community involvement and if you are t involved in anything outside of work that goes against you and you score zero in that area and you don’t receive the full 50 cent raise. The extra 3.59 an Hour I got for the first 6 months I worked there for a sign on bonus will take me over 6 years to be back up to that again and that’s if I get the full 50 cents each year. They employee over  more... 3000 people and can’t offer anything more then this. Come on.  less
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
managment is the worst.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garner, IAJuly 26, 2017
a typical day at work is they run you like a chicken with your head cut off while your doing a million and one things and there are many calls light but no one in the office get out help seeing as how they are so busy, but they can take time out of their busy work days to go out or eat or smoke whenever they want to but people on the floor aren't allowed to.

I learned that I refuse to be treated this way again, they want you to pretty much live there and its very unprofessional with how often they text you on your days off. they will hound and hound you to pick up shifts and wont care if it puts you in a 10 day stretch.

I loved my floor nurses and my residents and that's it,

they fire people for the stupidest reasons and get even be man enough to do it face to face, they do it through a voicemail.
Pros
residents
Cons
everythig, do not work for abcm!!
Productive, stable work environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJune 15, 2017
As an employee at ABCM I felt like the staff taught me how to transition from being a student to being in the workforce. I appreciated the exceptional communication between the therapists and the building employees. I felt like this company also really cares about their employees by providing them with compensation and benefits that were appropriate for the work requirements.
Pros
Free lunch, good compensation/benefits, great communication
Cons
traveling, lack of products for the patients, dirty/small work environment
Previous Employee
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, IAJuly 17, 2017
Management is horribly ran, feels like a high school episode of mean girls. I was never filled in on anything that was happening, or trained well. I was expected to know everything on my own, the lack of communication with management is the worst I have ever experienced.
Pros
Seeing the residents
Cons
Fake smiles from management
I really enjoyed working for the company i learned a lot about working with people with disabilities. It was a great experience for me.
Developmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 28, 2017
I loved to go to work everyday just to see the smiles on the resident's faces it is priceless. I enjoyed helping the resident's with daily living activities and personal cares. If you get a job for ABCM CORP its a blessing.
Pros
You get one free meal either lunch or dinner.
Cons
Healthcare is kind of expensive.