ABCO MAINTENANCE Employee Reviews

Performance Oriented Company
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 6, 2018
If you show willingness and effort, they provide the tools and culture to perform.
If you have a family life they take that element into account and show tolerance for unplanned time off.
All departments can be accessed at any given time.
If there are questions that need answering you can just walk over and ask. Open door policy
Pros
Work oriented climate
Cons
None In my opinion.
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Allons, TNOctober 16, 2018
Typical day at ABCO Maintenance is full speed all day. I like the fast pace and variety of jobs because it keeps me engaged all day and time flies! The people you interact with on a daily basis are professional and courteous. We are always involved in local charities and the community.
Horrible place to work u better off at McDonald’s
Sweeper Driver (Former Employee) –  2524 Forest AveOctober 2, 2018
Worst experience ever manager was horrible doesn’t know how to speak to people always on your back bout lirterly nothing pay was horrible 13 a hour no hours 4 to 5 hours a day 180 dallors checks weekly no lunch breaks butt still take 30 minutes of paid lunch of your check that you don’t even take
Abco Maintenance
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 20, 2018
Fast paced work place
High demand and long hours
Pay was good
Offered benefits, but too high to afford
Hard to get time off
Company supplied tools and equipment necessary to perform job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible place to work at
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Typical day at work for a HVAC tech is you getting there in the morning to a truck that does not have what it should. They expect you to make miracles happen on equipment that should not be in use. Most of the time they have you doing something else other than the job you signed up for. This is all due to poor management and due to the Project managers that dont know what they are doing. The pay is pretty good but definitely not enough for the headache they put you through. No wonder all the HVAC techs have left. You are not paid for travel time. The ladies in hr and the office as well as the dispatchers are very nice and so are the other techs such as electricians and general laborers. Other than that you are to consistently do stuff you never signed up for. BEWARE!!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Responsibility of work you never agreed to do, Unorganized, Disrespectful management
Varied work load that is great for people who are good problem-solvers!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 6, 2018
Being in the construction industry, working for ABCO provides a varied work load. This has allowed me a great work/life balance. As a remote employee I have company provided technology and get support from the tech department very quickly when needed. Benefits include the ability to be on the company group healthcare policy, sick days and vacation days. Management has been very accommodating when time off or a change in my daily work schedule was needed.
Although help and support is needed at times to get aspects of my job done, I enjoy the freedom that I have of exploring to find the answers to my own questions.
Pros
Tech support, work remotely, independence, good work/life balance
Cons
Healthcare plans price
Working from home is a dream come true.
Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmore, ALAugust 14, 2018
I have been with ABCO Maintenance for over a year now. Love my job!! I enjoy working from home and would have loved a job like this when I was raising my kids. The hours are pretty flexible depending on the job you are working. Paid vacation after a year but that doesn't mean you can't ask for time off before then. ABCO is very understanding when life happens and will work with you and since I work from a company provided laptop, I can take work with me. Pay is competitive. My supervisor is very nice, supportive and approachable and worked with me to find the right position in the company which I enjoy very much. I am not micro-managed. I work as part of a team in billing and we are just a text or phone call away and work very well together. The hardest part of the job is when there is an occasional downtime and all I want to do is work and this makes the day drag. The best part about working for ABCO other than working from home probably would have to be that every day is different and I am no longer in a retail environment. Working for this company remotely would be great for just about anyone especially someone with young kids. Part time jobs are available as well.
Pros
Working from home, paid holidays, Paid Vacation after one year
Cons
No office drama, I have to make my own coffee
Flexible work from home position
Billing Processor (Current Employee) –  Remote from Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2018
I love the fact that I can work remotely for this company. I can supplement my daily income with this part time evening work processing invoices. I have had positive interactions with my supervisor and manager. They have been very flexible with my schedule when I have had to have time off for a family emergency. Most places are not as accommodating. I have nothing but good things to say about my work with ABCO Maintenance.
Pros
Flexibility and friendly staff
Worst company ever
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 31, 2018
This is the worst company ever. They will nickle and dime everyone. They expect you to work 24 hrs everyday. Upper management is very rude and unprofessional. It is a very stressful environment. Upper management yells and belittles people everyday via email which everyone in the company can see.
Pros
Some people get to work from home
Beware of this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 25, 2017
This place is a nightmare. No vacation, no benefits, no respect, no raises.The job you are hired for won't be the one you do and no training. You just have to wing it. If you are a woman expect to be sexually harnessed on daily basis, being called the "C" word is considered normal and if you are a man you wont get treated much better. The company cheats customers out of money by charging out of control prices. They also lie to their customers claiming that they do all the work themselves when in reality they subcontract out most of the jobs to a third party. It is like working in a day care center full of catty high school students.
Pros
Cons
Everyone who works there
August 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review ABCO Maintenance. We appreciate all comments and suggestions. ABCO currently offers a full benefit package to all full-time employees. We are working to expand our packages even further to meet needs of all of our employees.

ABCO management also appreciates each and every employee and all of their work. If there is a problem with an assignment, management approaches the situation with intentions to solve the problem. If at any time an employee feels that they are being treated unfairly, the human resources department is always available to discuss anonymously.

The statement about lying to our customers is false. ABCO Maintenance urges all employees to tell the truth to customers and fellow employees alike

Fast paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 10, 2017
Not an easy going place, training is hard to get, no room for error. Everyone is stressed inside of work but nice outside. Your job description will be different then what you actually do
Pros
Schedule
Cons
People are cut throat
August 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review ABCO Maintenance. We appreciate all comments and suggestions. ABCO is a fast-paced company that runs 24/7 to meet the demands of our customers.

great paying job
Laborer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 9, 2015
• Hired on the basis of my ability to keep intricate machinery functional, I was hired to
• repair tools that technicians needed when working on various jobs
• Other duties for this position consisted of maintaining inventory of all supplies throughout the shop, scheduling trucks to certain job sites, and assigning technicians to each truck, loading and unloading scheduled trucks by hand, and with a forklift, checking over all work done by each technician, and light clerical duties at the beginning and end of each shift which consisted of sending emails to supervisors, preparing nightly turnovers to explain all task accomplished, and setting up emergency jobs for on call technicians.
• Within my first thirty days of working for Abco, I was given supervisor tasks as a result of my leadership and teamwork efforts. As acting supervisor, I was held responsible for all work, employees and conflicts that took place throughout the shift in which case I made it my duty to make sure all major goals were met to meet company satisfaction.
Highly motivated, love learning new skills, and catch on extremely fast
HVAC/R Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 4, 2015
I loved dispatching out of all the other jobs I have every done because you are counted on by techs out in the field, is very
busy, and fast paced. I also learn about the maintenance that is performed in the field. I loved that I was in charge of multiple technicians, getting them to and from their jobs and making sure they were always ok. Most of all I loved dispatching because I had a lot of freedom and was able to make decisions.
some how they get by
someone who saw through their poor management (Former Employee) –  staten island , nyDecember 30, 2014
The will hire anyone and send them to jobs they dont know how to do, managers have no idea what they are doing ,
owner has no care for who ever works for him.

NO BENEFITS , NO VACATION , NO HOLIDAY PAY ,NO RESPECT , POOR MANAGEMENT

Managers want techs to cut corners so save a buck. Someday these companies they do work for will see what type of company ABCO Maintenance really is.
They will see its not the techs that are the problem ,it is the managers and the owner that don't know what they are doing and telling the techs to cut corners.

Some how they get by for now and rob companies blind and they will get caught.

Should never cost $500.00 to $700.00 to install a new toilet that costs $89.00 and takes 1 hour and once job is done they make you sit in the parking lot so they can add up more time to the bill , between 45 minutes and two hours , roughly 800 hours a year per tech is just waiting so they can add up more time.
60 per hour billed at 780 hours a year est 3 hours per day at 15 hours per week at 52 weeks a year it is $46,800 per tech of over charges per year just for labor

$46,800 x 35 techs is $1,638,000 and they have a lot more techs than that maybe 85

100% or more mark up on parts should be a crime since there is no stocking of parts they just go to the store and buy when they need the parts
Pros
some times alot of hours
Cons
no benefits, no paid vacations, no holiday pay, no respect, charges companies for emergancy responce but won't pay the techs any more
August 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review ABCO Maintenance. We appreciate all comments and suggestions. ABCO management appreciates each and every employee and all of their work. If there is a problem with an assignment, management approaches the situation with intentions to solve the problem. If at any time an employee feels that they are being treated unfairly, the human resources department is always available to discuss anonymously.

ABCO Maintenance offers a full benefit package to all full-time employees. We are currently working on expanding this benefit package even further to go above and beyond the expectations of our employees.

Ownwers need to be more professional
Project Manager/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2014
Dealing with no expertise people and having to teach them basic procedures was not an easy task. also dealing with customers and sub contractors while getting job done was achieved but it could have been a better result with help from owners
Pros
different job sites
Cons
really long hours
August 28, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABCO MAINTENANCE. Our community is ready to answer.