Abco Maintenance

Abco Maintenance Employee Reviews

United States49 reviews
The pay is decent but no benefits of any type. The work is excited, get to go the different places for every job, the only problem is that you are responsible for the truck you are assigned to, which means tickets and and paying for a garage over night the worker is responsible.
This is a great company to work for...they are flexible and accommodating. People are very friendly and take the time to explain things. I feel like every day is exciting and dynamic.
Abco seems to hate their employees. Micro-management and constantly berated for things out of your control. Benefits are a joke. Insurance no one can afford, no 401k, no sick time accrual, nothing. It's no wonder they cannot retain employees. Unethical and rude.
Cons
I was a street sweeper in ABCO, My tips for new guys is. Just listen to the supervision of the manager and you'll be fine..There is always a person or two that talks bad about the job..Yet I do regret not working there, I miss working at night, your route, mine was Forest Avenue ..All in all one of the best places I worked for..
Pros
Really good people
Cons
They offer you benifits that are more then what you get paid. They only give you what they legally have to. There is no overtime, no advancement it is dead end all the way.
Cons
Very fast paced only apply if you are willing to work hard and learn quickly this is not a get rich with no effort company this is an actual job. The best part is being able to work from home, the money I save in commuting from bed to office nearly doubles my salary.
No training, no direction and no supervision. This company does a terrible job at retention of current employees. Many of the employees I worked with were very capable of doing the job, but were pressured by the dispatch team and their project managers to rush the job to completion. This resulted in compromised safety and traffic citations.
It is an extremely oppressive atmosphere. Management is like a dictatorship and they like to belittle there employees. The turn over rate is extremely high. They do not value any of their employees at all; with all the micro managing and and yelling a screaming they do it is not a good environment to be in. Run and Run fast
Cons
You need to think on your feet. Work hard.
If you work hard then you will succeed at ABCO. The work is easy if you are computer savvy. Teamwork is needed.
Regular day is in a fast paced environment. You are always busy which is good because the day goes by faster.
Overall, I would recommend the company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abco Maintenance?
Think about it.. 13 holidays not paid, no vacation days, no retirement savings, long hours some days, short hours other days, No OT until you reach 40 hours.. So you work 10 hr days then a few less and maybe you make 40 hours that week. If you expect OT they can shorten that day so you dont make as much as you thought you might. No $$ into retiring account.. Every other company has these benefits.. Dont be fooled by a nice dollar per hr.. It comes out to not a great deal…. You are under the microscope your whole work day. Micromanaged
Pros
You get to waste time at customers account so they can bill them
Cons
Benefits, no holidays, no vacations, no sick time unless the state law makes them give it, micromanaged
Just complete incompetence. Completely unbelievable. Just run, if they call you for interview (laughable) don’t waste your time - use your brain, they definitely don’t use theirs.
Pros
Cons
Too many to bother working there
I absolutely love my job. That being said, I would enjoy this Job no matter where I was doing it. ABCO is an interesting company to work for, but it's really no different from any other, except they pay better. It really is fast-paced, so you have to be able to learn fast and apply newly acquired skills quickly. They are pretty forgiving when you make mistakes, as long as you are producing. So, if you put fast-learner or independent worker on your resume, you'd better mean it.

The management has favorites, conversely, there will always be black sheep. Owners will always try to save money and make money. Sometimes you will feel appreciated, most of the time not. I get talked down alot and it's frustrating because I know I don't deserve it. I work hard and I have always made myself available to cover for anyone. I just don't take it personally, because that person is probably getting yelled at too.

They are super flexible with time and hours, so while you may not get paid holidays, time off (unless you are in management) is no biggie. My pay is phenomenal. I get to stay home with my son, that is more than enough for me.

All in all, ABCO is not unique in it's office politics and gossip. People will lie straight to your face (virtually), so avoid phone conversations, unless you record them. ABCO is not unique in it's patronizing and short-tempered upper management. ABCO is not unique in the expectation of doing more with less and creative problem solving.

I don't intend to leave. I really like it here, and be here I mean at my house, in my pjs working with
 - more...
Pros
Remote work, materials provided, great pay, flexible hours, easy work
Cons
People are people and they will treat you poorly no matter where you are.
If you show willingness and effort, they provide the tools and culture to perform.
If you have a family life they take that element into account and show tolerance for unplanned time off.

All departments can be accessed at any given time.

If there are questions that need answering you can just walk over and ask. Open door policy
Pros
Work oriented climate
Cons
None In my opinion.
Typical day at ABCO Maintenance is full speed all day. I like the fast pace and variety of jobs because it keeps me engaged all day and time flies! The people you interact with on a daily basis are professional and courteous. We are always involved in local charities and the community.
Worst experience ever manager was horrible doesn’t know how to speak to people always on your back bout lirterly nothing pay was horrible 13 a hour no hours 4 to 5 hours a day 180 dallors checks weekly no lunch breaks butt still take 30 minutes of paid lunch of your check that you don’t even take
Cons
Besides rainy nights and heavy objects left on facility grounds to remove the job was a breeze. Not too physically taxing and pretty flexible lunch breaks if there isnt much to do at any one facility.
Pros
flexible work loads
Cons
Rain
Fast paced work place
High demand and long hours

Pay was good

Offered benefits, but too high to afford

Hard to get time off

Company supplied tools and equipment necessary to perform job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Typical day at work for a HVAC tech is you getting there in the morning to a truck that does not have what it should. They expect you to make miracles happen on equipment that should not be in use. Most of the time they have you doing something else other than the job you signed up for. This is all due to poor management and due to the Project managers that dont know what they are doing. The pay is pretty good but definitely not enough for the headache they put you through. No wonder all the HVAC techs have left. You are not paid for travel time. The ladies in hr and the office as well as the dispatchers are very nice and so are the other techs such as electricians and general laborers. Other than that you are to consistently do stuff you never signed up for. BEWARE!!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Responsibility of work you never agreed to do, Unorganized, Disrespectful management
Training when I started needed improvement but if you are independent and good at teaching yourself how to do things/finding answers on your own, you will be just Being in the construction industry, the amount of work varies day to day but it is a great work/life balance. The largest improvement I would like to see is the ability to get more compensation and acknowledgement of the work you do. I was told I would have a review after the first month and that was never done. It feels at times that the work I do is never really known. However, I have taken no news as good news for now. Communication about what benefits you have is also lacking. You have it documented and need to know for yourself because you are never notified when certain benefits are active for you.

If you are looking for a company that allows you use your independence , consider working for ABCO.
Being in the construction industry, working for ABCO provides a varied work load. This has allowed me a great work/life balance. As a remote employee I have company provided technology and get support from the tech department very quickly when needed. Benefits include the ability to be on the company group healthcare policy, sick days and vacation days. Management has been very accommodating when time off or a change in my daily work schedule was needed.
Although help and support is needed at times to get aspects of my job done, I enjoy the freedom that I have of exploring to find the answers to my own questions.
Pros
Tech support, work remotely, independence, good work/life balance
Cons
Healthcare plans price
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abco Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8