Abcor Home Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

Part time gig
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 7, 2019
This is not a job for someone who needs steady hours and counts on getting a decent paycheck. This is more of a part time job for those who feel a need to help the elderly. The pay is very low for what the job is. Unfortunately you get treated bad by some clients and theres nothing you can do. My supervisor basically told me to get over it because I have to get along with the client. Also unfortunately at times you get treated like a maid and are told to do things you are not allowed to do per contract, then you are stuck with explaining your job description to clients. Some clients just like to give orders as if they were your boss, which is very humiliating and made me feel degraded when they would argue with me but then still wanted me to do whatever it is they asked for. This job is basically for people who care to help but are not scared to say no and walk away from bad situations. Good luck. One last thing you have to use your own car to transport the clients if they need to go anywhere. No gas or mile reimbursements.
Pros
Help and care for seniors
Cons
No set hours, no set clients, lack of management, use your own car for transporting. No gas or mile reimbursements.
I love working for them just not enough people to take care of
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILJuly 20, 2019
Well my job was ok they told me what to suspect in the job so I was expecting nothing less from then they try to set you up with a perfect match that would work for you
Ok
Care Giver/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 17, 2019
Their company is ok to work for not good for pay dont have to many clients with reasonable distance dont pay enough for jobs that are given to people.
5 locations
Home Health Aide / HHA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2019
Many locations in Chicago area, able to service a wide area. Most workers are 30- 40 hours a week. They service under Medicare and the Department of Aging. Federally regulated agencies in association.
Pros
variety of clients
Cons
Emotionally draining
Worst company ever
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 14, 2019
The new supervisor in the rockford office is very unprofessional she doesn't know her job at all she will not give your raise ask a question she has no answer DO NOT APPLY AT THIS PLACE I QUIT
Official response from Abcor Home Health, Inc.
May 20, 2019

We are unhappy to hear about your experience with us, if there are specific things you would like to voice please email us at hr@abcor.com or call our corporate office at 847-670-8268. We always strive to improve employee experiences and would love to hear your honest feedback.

Care Giver for grandmother
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILApril 16, 2019
I started working here to be a caregiver for my grandmother before she passed away. Manager and everyone else was nice. Really can't speak on too much because I only worked for my grandmother.
Pros
pick up shifts whenever
Cons
low pay rate
It’s what you make of it
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 17, 2019
The punch in system never works. Paperwork is a lot everyday. They don’t follow up on patients care. They change managers often and without telling you.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Communication
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Abcor pays decent people are friendly it's flexible. They respond very quickly when you need something. I would recommend people to work here. Great place
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
No paid holidays
Professional and fun atmosphere
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 6, 2018
Friendly working environment! Co-workers are kind and willing to help when you need. The Management cares for employees and try to provide the best working atmosphere. I started working for ABCOR 2 years ago, and now I am on a different position! I learned a lot for that time, and feel thankful for that to my manager and to my colleagues!
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Too few paid vacation days.
Great Company
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Arlington Hts, ILDecember 6, 2018
I have been with the company for a little over two years and have enjoyed working here very much. In my short employment history with the company I was able to advance in my position fairly quickly thanks to the supportive staff and excellent training. The company offers competitive benefits, paid time off and plenty of room for advancement. Management and Staff go above and beyond to cater to the needs of the employees and clients.
Love Abcor Home Health
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 20, 2018
Best people to work with, great environment! Everyday enjoying the atmosphere at the office. The company cares not only about their clients but also about their employees! Bonuses, flexible schedule and etc. I feel appreciated and 100% satisfied.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Can't work from home
Productive/Fun/Connected Work Place
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
I have been working at Abcor Home Health for almost 2 years. this is a very family oriented and caring organization. They are always welling to help and always put their clients and caregivers first. If you are looking for a determined, hardworking, and deficient team I highly recommenced Abcor.
Great company to work for, great benefits and culture
Don't have any "cons" to add about Abcor (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 18, 2018
I feel that I am really blessed to be working for Abcor. I am always treated with respect and I feel that my work is worthwhile and matters. Management treats employees very well. They take employee opinions into consideration and strive to make Abcor a fun and dynamic place to work. Abcor's executive management and top level administrators are great people and treat employees very well. I am very happy with my position with the company and look forward to a long future together.
Great company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 16, 2018
I have been with the company long enough and I can say that it is a great place to work. Professional and fun working atmosphere. Manageable work load. Management who listens, and you feel part of the team. You are always appreciated for your hard work. Satisfying salaries, bonuses, and technological advances give you enough reasons to work for this company and help it grow. The company is always on top of the changes that Medicare offers. Help is always offered. Friendly co-workers and helping colleagues. Also, the full time position offers great benefits, with health insurance and 401k plan. I would highly recommend this company, great place to work!
Abcor has been a great place to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 15, 2018
I have learned so much from all my coworkers, they are very friendly and always willing to help each other. The Rockford office has a great team of office staff, they are very welcoming and friendly. The supervisors are always available answering questions and clarifying concerns. In one year of Employment through Abcor I have had the best experience.
Great company to work for.
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 15, 2018
Currently employed. Smart, fun, creative people, competitive employee benefits and salaries, great management and company culture. 4 locations. Good opportunities to grow and improve your social and professional skills.
Good workplace culture, good Management
Sr. Office clerck (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 12, 2018
Experiences can vary greatly from team and discipline, but the team I work for is great. The leadership is very clear, well-respected, and friendly, and there are an incredible number of opportunities to learn and develop skills.This is a good company to work for advancement, benefits, good work place and wonderful boss.
Best Place to Work!
HR (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 9, 2018
Excellent place to work. Great environment.This company knows how to treat their employees and their clients to make sure that we are all happy and appreciated.Bonuses, recognition and rewards are more than just a motivation, It's also fun competitions and all that, to improve not only the company but also ourselves as well. I'll recommend you to try yourself here. We love new people, and we are ready to help to make it easier for you, to join our family!
Great clients,poor management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 8, 2018
I have worked for this company 2 different times and the first time was a different manager which started off great but went downhill from there.so I left for a better job and came back after I left that job to find that the management had changed again and it went from bad to worse I only stayed there for a little over a week and left permanently .
Pros
great clients, easy work
Cons
poor management
Unorganized company
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 31, 2018
Worked for them for a couple years. Terrible at finding clients for my hours. Never emailed or called back. When a relative passed and I called three times no one called back so I had to miss the funeral. I expressed how unsafe I felt at my clients home with her family present and did little to nothing to help or change my client. overall would never recommend this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abcor Home Health, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight