Abe’s Garden Community

Working at Abe’s Garden Community: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Management all for themselves

Management all for themselves, they find a way to keep you down. Works you very hard. It was a great place to work in the beginning. I've saw workers come and go. Sometimes change is good but their good is not for purpose of the residents

Under appreciated

The company doesn’t pay workers equally. You can schedule pto months in advance and still be expected to come in to work. You have to work all holidays.

Abe’s Garden Community insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

internship

working at this facility gave me a lot of knowledge of what it's like working in the mental health setting. I enjoyed my time being there as an intern and would love to have a job in the mental health field as my job.

Management can’t redirect staff when there are problems in the work place. The CP’s are inexperienced they barely do there job. They place is a nursing home not a assistant living place.

Great job.

it Is a great place to work at, great people that work there and the environment is fairly peaceful. The job is a very easy job to get a hang of. Great place.

What I know about the company

All kitchen employees are lazy and full of drama. Head manager don't care about what's going on because he stay high of prescription medication. I wouldn't recommend no one to house there family in that he'll whole.

Everyone cares about the work we are doing.

The culture is caring and the residents are the top concern as they should be. Management is collaborative and wants input from the team members. We have fun while working hard.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Traffic

Wonder place for Dementia residents

Unfair management as they didn't follow drug policy. Caring facility but good and bad employees treated the same. Management turned a blind eye to favored staff

Pros

Beautiful place to work

Cons

Sorry Director of nurses and Administration

Mixed

Overall the company I give it 3 stars. The pay is competitive for Nashville. However management lacks the true leadership that an up and coming company such as this needs. Management stays in the offices and changes policies and procedures without consulting the staff who actually do the jobs. This includes, kitchen staff, nurses and care partners. Hostile employees that feel they are entitled since they have been there from the day the place opened. They are phenomenal at saying the right things to keep management off their noses but they treat their coworkers like trash and it’s overall a very uncomfortable work environment. Bonus are not given out equally nor are they enough for what is being donated by the families. Unless you like to be the ‘teachers pet’ don’t think you will get any OT. The one true good thing about this company is that they are very homelike. But if I had a choice to put my loved one here, I’d pass. Simply due to the fact that the staff are all so fed up that they are providing minimal care. It isn’t the residents fault nor the staff..it’s management.

Pros

Free lunch, competitive pay, scrubs

Cons

Lack luster management

Little appreciation of your good work done there, especially from management

Advise for prospective employees to understand why there turn over rate of employees is high and why they cannot keep regular people CONSISTENTLY working there.

Pros

Great residents and their families, pay was above average

Cons

Extreme high turn over rate of employees overall. Multiple CEO’S

Great work

Good people doing good work, would highly recommend working here. They have a wonderful person centered approach and truly value quality of life of the residents.

Volunteer

My experience as a volunteer was great. I was able to interact with residents and have influence on how their day went. I performed various mobility exercises with residents.

Temporary Job Out of College

This was a temporary job out of college, but was great experience working under the Marketing Director and preparing for 2015's annual fundraiser. Most of my time was updating the content on their website and designing marketing materials.

working with elderly

Its a fun job , you will never be bored at park manor. The residents are great. You can work in the restaurant park or as a caregiver. They also have front desk for receptionist.

Excellent workplace with professional environment

Abe's Garden has been an excellent employer. I have been challenged and given the opportunity to prove myself on a regular basis. I have an excellent relationship with my immediate supervisor and am able to easily achieve an optimal work/life balance.

Pros

Flexible, responsive management

Cons

No benefits for part-time employment

Common questions about Abe’s Garden Community

Answered by current and former employees at Abe’s Garden Community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abe’s Garden Community. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits