Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Found 3,660 reviews matching the search See all 3,903 reviews
It's just a job.
Model/Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 16, 2018
Worked for this company for almost 3 years at many different stores around the state, both full-price and outlet stores. The company strives to do great things, running charities, holding events for purpose than praise, camps, concerts, etc. as one would know from looking at the job board in the stock room. It's respectable in the sense that it wants to change it's name/vision from that of a very menial CEO who looked nothing like the people who he liked to model to be the face of the company.

Besides that, working here was definitely an experience to have, especially if you're starting your work experience. The pay was low compared to the work you're needed to do (not even just the work required, this location is just super busy), and the hours are long, even when it's a busy day. Management was pretty solid, not much complaints there besides a little favoritism but they definitely try their best when they're into it.

Cross-trained as a Brand Rep, learned to do lots of things so I was basically autonomous in the store, doing when I needed to do when I needed to do them without intervening on another associate's duties. Definitely recommend learning how to navigate and work the stock room and vice versa for impact/stock employees. It's a fun job but it doesn't pay that well and doesn't offer raises or commission, benefits, or incentives besides the managers offering to buy you food one day for working so hard one holiday weekend. Sometimes some associates are hired on that put very little effort into the job, which puts more work on those who are actually working to accomplish
  more... things, but that's usually only when available employees are low and foot traffic is high.

Katy Mills, Tx was a peculiar store to work at. It's a mega-outlet with both an Abercrombie, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Hollister located in one store. Worked here over the holidays and it was definitely an experience to have. A lot to be done, store manager was really great, assistant managers left something to be desired, and employees were under-trained and under-stimulated.

Willowbrook, Tx is a full-pried store that didn't work as up to speed as any of the outlet stores. Scheduling was shotty at the time and very little communication with "borrowed" employees (employees who temporarily change store branches bc college, etc.) But still a tidy store with some super nice coworkers.

Grapevine, Tx - Hollister - Younger, experienced management team trying to recover from past case of old, bad management. Employees leave something to be desired, such as Katy, but still a solid store to work at.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, hours, fun team, good communication, 50% off full-priced items
Cons
No raises/commission, part-time benefits
It's on okay place for short term
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
For most of the year the job is pretty relaxed and straight forward, but come busy months such as back to school and Christmas it becomes a nightmare. They pay their part-timers, the bulk of your staff, minimum wage, which is terrible, and expect them to be top of the industry employees. Upper management seems to be disconnected from the bottom floor. It's not the worst, but it's certainly not the best.
General Retail Job
Brand Representative, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2018
Learning to communicate is an essential part of this job and will help you enjoy your days better. There is not much to learn, but once you learn everything advancing is made easy, and can be applied to every other retail store.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Music Playlist is repetitive
Great place to work if you’re looking for a first job.
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 12, 2018
Abercrombie and Fitch is a great company to work for as a first job, or a transition. The work environment is perfect if you’re looking to improve your customer service skills. Management was very friendly and understanding. The brand associates are mainly people who are 18-22, so they are easy to get along if you’re just starting off. The store I worked at was usually busy, so there’s always something to do too stay productive.
Terrible work Environment
Floor Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
I did not enjoy the staff nor managment as they were very picky & rude . The hrly, wage was terrible & my job placement was not even enjoyable so I quit
Brand rep. and cashier
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2018
Brand representative is pretty simple but at times could get rough. Not as busy so more one on one with the customer to better understand them, and restocking back the store merchandise
Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 9, 2018
I didn't get much experience while working a Ambercrobie&Hitch. A employee asked me too cover his shift but the manager denied me covering the person's request because she thought I didn't ave enough experience,.
Rasict!
Impact Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 8, 2018
Management plays favorites and does not treat all races fairly. They will terminate you from your position and not even tell you about it. They talk to you like you're beneath them.
Fun working environment
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 8, 2018
This was a fun working environment. I really enjoyed the staff and got friendly with many of them. This was a good part-time job for me. I learned how to greet customers and use the register to check people out.
Fun environment
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 8, 2018
Good workplace culture, easy and flexible hours, company's mission is very clear. Workers and staff are friendly. Constantly updated on news, issues, etc.
Pros
Long breaks, flexible hours
Flexible hours, friendly employees, lots of standing
brand representative (Former Employee) –  720 5th Ave, New York, NY 10019August 7, 2018
Working at A&F was cool for a while, but it wasn't the job for me. You have to constantly stand through out your shift, talk to customers and managers, stock clothes and work fitting rooms, as well as operate a cash register. The hours were very flexible, you get to choose your own hours, and some of the managers are very friendly. If you like talking to people all day, I'd really recommend the job as that is most of it. However, I did not feel fulfilled by the job, and didn't like the fact that I had to stand for over 5 hours straight on most days.
Pros
Friendly people, flexible hours
Cons
Constant standing, boring sometimes
Fun &’ comfortable work place
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2018
Abercrombie & Fitch is a great starter job for anyone of the age 18 or higher! However, when it comes time to start having to pay for things, like school, a house, etc.., I recommend finding a new job, unless you get hired onto another position. The hours are very low, as well as the pay.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits for brand reps, not a lot of hours, not good pay
teamwork enhances company goals
Oracle Dba (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
good working environment
great team spirit
possibility for growth and stability
excessive access to great documentation to facilitate tasks
every team member must be able to lead at every given point in time irrespective of how little the task maybe.
Times have changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
Great people and fun environment to work in. Senior managers play favorites and expectations for management are set very high. They play favorites and if you are not one of the "cool kids" you wont get promoted. Things have changed since I worked there so it could very well be different as its been over 5 years since I worked there.
Its an okay First Job
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2018
For this to be my first job it was fine, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone to work there. The pay is $7.50 the whole time you work with them. Its a lot of work for only $7 an hour and the managers dont help you out they just tell you want to do. In overall experience if i were you and you were thinking on applying, DONT.
Pros
20% discounts
Cons
Over load of work for very low pay
Simple
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2018
Acceptable part time job for young adults currently focused on a study path. Not acceptable as a career path or place to seek development. Very unstable environment, staff changes often due to the companies way of handling employee shifts.
Pros
discounts on company apparel
Cons
very little hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
The company is a great company to work for. The company’s management team is forever changing. I’ve been with some really great teams and no so great. If you are lucky to be with a great team you will get promoted easily. If your team is lazy and are lazy to develop you. You will stay in your position for a long time.
Pros
Vacation/PTO, manager training program, volunteer for charities, clothing discounts
Cons
Low salary, working overnight, schedules, no work life balance, turnover
Fun fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Abercrombie&Fitch. I gained excellent customer service and communication skills working there and I had fun. It was fast paced and always exciting.
standard retail job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2018
I started working right when I turned 18 (3 years ago). I didn't get scheduled too many hours at first but as I gained experience and got a hang of things my hours increased. If you were a good, hard worker and independent, the management noticed and would schedule you accordingly. Nowadays we schedule everyone a bit more evenly (which is good for some) but there aren't really any sort of standards anymore. If you're good at your job and don't need to be told what to do it mostly goes unnoticed. If you suck at it, it'll be noticed but nothing will happen. Unless you're stealing from the company or just don't show up, chances are you'll keep your job until you decide to quit. Personally I think it was a better place to work when I started because everyone was pretty much a veteran and knew the drill. Now it seems every week we have new people and with it being summer, we've been very busy and no one is training the new people therefore lowering the standards for worth ethic. The managers are very flexible and understanding with scheduling in advance or if you're unable to make it in that day (family emergency etc) but some people have been taking advantage of that. Overall it's a good place to start if this is your first job or you just need a part time job that's easy and flexible with your schedule but it's not a place to be at for more than a year or 2. We've even had multiple foreign students work under their visas while attending school. The company has been very diverse since I've started working there.
Pros
diverse, flexible schedule, good pay, good discount
Cons
lots of homeless people/drug addicts come in
N/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 31, 2018
It is a great company to work for depending on your immediate supervisor. There can tend to be a lot of discrimination and unfair treatment. There are also a lot of internal politics that go on and Human Resources is a joke, they will protect the district manager despite whatever is going on within the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight