Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Found 3,805 reviews matching the search See all 4,065 reviews
Good Opportunity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2018
If you do not have any cashier experience, they will teach you right off the bat. Many of the employees are great to work with and management is very understanding.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Competitive hours
Friendly casual work environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 13, 2018
A dynamic, friendly work environment. Opportunity to learn how to effectively customer service and maintain a sales floor and stockroom. Flexible availability and wonderful management.
A great place to meet fun people
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 12, 2018
This was a a great place to meet new people and stay on your feet but the upper management could use work in communication. The hours can be daunting due to high turnover. No real breaks or weekends off, can be very rare.
make it what you want it to be
BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 11, 2018
the first thing is the staff wants you to be their yes man they don't have any respect for others also they don't let you think for you self. Very biased towards minorities.
Pros
Cons
cant move up in the company
Fun Place to work
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 11, 2018
ideal workplace for high school and or college students. Given opportunities to advance in the company and there's also benefits to receive. Amazing work flexibility hours.
Fun place to work
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 8, 2018
I show up to work and they have a meeting and explain the daily requirements. Then they tell us what section we are in charge of. It is fun environment. Coworkers are nice. Hardest part about work is dealing with customers from different countries.
Pros
food court
Cons
short breaks
Overall not a very good place to work
STOCKROOM AND RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEDecember 7, 2018
Pay was as low as it was legally allowed to be, employees are forced to adhere to strict guidelines involving physical appearance, employee discount was only available at the full price retail store and not the outlet that I actually worked at. Pace of the job was often wildly inconsistent, excessive number of employees led to schedules constantly changing week to week and the complete lack of advancement opportunities helped to create a high turnover rate amongst low-level employees. Every three months the company release a new "style guide" which instructs employees as to what Abercrombie & Fitch clothing they are now supposed to be wearing and what clothing they are no longer supposed to be wearing; e.g. the style guide that came out around the beginning of the summer stated that employees were not to be wearing long sleeve shirts (unless the sleeves were rolled up) or pants that were not jeans. You are also restricted to wearing either Abercormbie brand flip flops or "chuck taylors" as footwear, apparently nothing else is acceptable. Having said all that, the managers were really quite good despite being constantly dragged down by the ineptitude of the company at large.
It was a learning experience
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
Abercrombie and Fitch was a learning experience. I learned a lot of customer service skills in which I can apply to any job I land. The management needs some work.
Cons
This was a job between jobs
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 5, 2018
I thought I would enjoy working retail in a clothing store. I like good quality clothes and knew I could sell them and I did. Using my motivational skills I could sell clothes, especially to women. I managed a small team and enjoyed the job but again needed more money.
Pros
Got a good discount on clothes
Cons
Having a big turn around in sales associates.
Hard work with stress work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 4, 2018
I would work there again if they start to care of more safety concerns . Some jobs are a lot easier than others but you might get paid more for those jobs which never seem right .
Fun&Friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 4, 2018
Fun, and friendly environment, and very flexible. You get employee discount. You will usually work with people your age or around your age. Management is understanding and nice!
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
$11 an hour, customers
it was alright
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TX 76051December 3, 2018
This was my first job ever, I was 17. 7.50 an hour back then was a lot! well at least I thought. But as my other friends got jobs I saw they were getting like 10 an hour or more. The management was nice always made sure I was doing ok. The co workers were cool too.
Production, and sometimes fast-pace
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 1, 2018
It wasn't as bad as I've heard it to be, but when ever people called out it does seem to become a little too much. The people were great and the benefits was worth working there.
Very relaxed and great work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 29, 2018
I loved working here. The staff was great and very helpful. We always worked together. the manager was very respectful and always on top. It was a very great and clean environment to work in.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Didn’t pay on time
Good workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 29, 2018
Good place to work for, just not many benefits and the pay makes it difficult to work here without having another job. It just doesn't pay enough. But everyone was friendly.
cool people
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 28, 2018
sometimes i would work in stock and other times they would have me work the floor. i learned how to fold better. the management is different. the workplace culture is good. a lot of people that are young works there. the hardest part is when shipment comes. the enjoyable part is break
Great environment with great management
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MANovember 28, 2018
Everybody works together, has a great attitude, and has a lot of fun together. Even when there are tough customers or there is a lot of work to be done, there is a great community within the store and everybody is passionate about the brand.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Some physical labor
Good Place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 27, 2018
Good place to work. They give great hours and pay you very well. Management and other staff is good. They teach and train you very well. Employers and other employees will respect you from time to time.
MIT Program
Assistant Store Manager/M.I.T. (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2018
The company didn't pay well and over worked associates. I didnt feel appreciated during my short time there. It did however help me learn valuable management skills.
Busy Dry place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 26, 2018
It was a very big warehouse with not much central air. The breaks were short since some as spent getting to the break area. When slow you were still expected to achieve your numbers if the work was present or not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K
31.3K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Powered by Comparably