Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Found 3,902 reviews matching the search See all 4,176 reviews
Lots of Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 22, 2019
working at Abercrombie and fitch felt like working with a bunch of friends not a company. The atmosphere was accepting. That means you became friends with everyone that came through those doors. I learned how to handle customers including having a great attitude towards fixing issues or helping customers decide what they might want to purchase and not being afraid to make sales. Management was amazing. They made you believe in yourself if you ever had any doubts.
Pros
mangement
Cons
Black Friday
Great job for Students
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 24, 2019
Abercrombie & Fitch at West Town is a great job for students. They are super flexible and will work with your school schedule. It is a low-stress job that provides an opportunity to gain social skills and customer service skills. The managers are understanding and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work at this company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Opportunities to move up, Great Coworkers, Low Stress
Cons
Low Pay
do not ever work here (intl. plaza)
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2019
this was the most stressful and fast paced job i’ve ever worked at. it was absolutely terrible. the pay is basically minimum wage, which is not even close to enough for the work load put on you. the customers are very rude and you’re there sometimes til 1 am helping doing what the managers should’ve done. management was always yelling at you while they did nothing to help. also you’re not guaranteed hours because it changed every week. one week you could work 5 days and the next 2 days. it was almost impossible for me to balance work and school with these ridiculous hours. the only reason i stayed so long was because of my friends that worked with me.
Pros
discount
Cons
management, hours, & pay/benefits
Easy start if you're in high school or college
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oahu Island, HIFebruary 21, 2019
I was a key holder when I worked there. Most of my co-workers were fun to work with, just keep away from the drama if you can. It's routine day in day out - do opening or closing tasks, fold down the store, ring up customers. It's an easy job but can be a drag if it's slow. I left after upper management switched. The old district manager told me I would move up to an MIT within a few months. Never happened even with the new DM and after constant talks about it. It was a waste of time going back and forth.
Pros
discounts, coworkers
Cons
upper management
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2019
If you have a good DM & RM like I did, this job is really great. If you understand that working in retail isn't curing cancer, you'll enjoy it.

I loved managing and training people, and basically got to cultivate a really great team environment. I loved my employees and assistant managers - we all had a mutual respect for each other and had fun working together.

The job is repetitive and very structural. If you're someone who likes to offer new ideas and make changes, then this job can get boring and is ultimately why I left. There wasn't much opportunity to grow into positions outside of brick and mortar.
Pros
Benefits, leadership, environment
Cons
Boring
Fun place to work but you're weekly schedule sucks
Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Being a key holder you were basically another assistant manager with the expectations they put on you. They really don't give you raises unless you consider pocket change a raise. The atmosphere is fun but too often if something bad happen upper management would love to blame everyone below them for their short falls. Working almost all weekends sucks as well. Only way to get those off is to either beg or use PTO to get it off
Exciting and fun workplace
Brand Representative (Sales Associate) (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day would be with a little meeting with a manager to talk about what the plan is for the day and what the goal for how much the store needs to make for the day. During my time at Abercrombie & Fitch I learned the proper etiquette on how to work with customers and how to deal with a high-pressure situation calmly. The hardest part of the job was when you find out a customer stole some items or if there was an employee who was not doing their job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and hearing their stories when I would help them.
Pros
Great work staff
Cons
Not many benefits
Great Place to work right out of college
DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Such a great company to grow your career.
You have the opportunity to get promoted quicker than most places in the fashion industry.
The pay is great, as well as great benefits.
The campus is beautiful. Great office space, gym on campus, great food options at the cafeteria, natural lighting from all the windows.
I would say it's the best place to start designing right after college. You'd be working will a lot of younger age range employees.

Only down side is that the offices are in Columbus, Ohio. Because of this- the company retains a lot of the same personalities. A lot of people born and raised in middle america,with a lack of diversity/culture and open-mindedness.
Work here if that all you want to do with your time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Working 10 hour + days, only 1 weekend off a month. A few times a month you will work till 2am or 3am for updates. Shifts are usually 9am-6pm or 2pm till 11pm. You are responsible for 30 college students and a team of 4 managers. Do not expect help or assistance from the company. You are all on your own.
Pros
1 weekend off a month sometimes if you are lucky, 14 Days of PTO
Cons
PTO gets denied a lot, no protection from shop lifters threats, more responsibilities then outlined
Laid Back but underpaid
Floor Model, Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Westgate, AzJanuary 31, 2019
It was a part-time job that required no skill, thus the "underpaid." I was recruited to work there and made 8.05/hr (Arizona, 2015). I usually worked 4hr shifts which was a good fit for my class schedule. However, I was recruited by the manager while on campus. The store was 40 minutes away, so making $32 per shift wasn't really worth my time. It was fun while I was there though. Good college job to have some extra spending cash.
stress with no end.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 21, 2019
all around a decent job, they just had to many bosses with different ways of doing the same jobs. none of them would get together to give you the right answer to do anything. had to take a guess and when it was wrong they let you know. when I had a problem with a co-worker they did not do anything about it so I gave them my 2 weeks notice.
Pros
vacation right off the bat. some good things
Cons
not enough of knowing whats going on.
Flexible Work Schedule
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2019
You are left to learn the details of the job on your own. The store itself is very difficult to clean up and organize due to the fact that there is almost no space for the amount of merchandise they have. The best part of the job is the flexibility they have with work schedules but it is also a problem in that on average people are scheduled for a single four hour shift a week.
A&F Diversity and Inclusion
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 17, 2019
ENSURE business strategy and execution is informed by and sensitive to the countries & cultures where we do business
DEVELOP leaders who respect identities and cultures distinctive to their own
ENCOURAGE ongoing conversations that create a space to relate and foster a sense of belonging
CREATE a recruitment, retention and promotion strategy
Like a frat party for pretty people
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2019
Place is a joke. Trying to get promoted was like pulling teeth. Had nothing to do with experience and more with how much you were liked. Managers seemed to have swelled heads about being managers. AS if they were CEOs of a company and they were here to dictate our every move.
Pros
Free clothes for uniform
Cons
Terrible managers who think their in a fashion contest
Hard because of minimum wage
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 11, 2018
This job only works if you are a teenager looking to work for part-time, sadly you need to be 18 or older where you are either out of High school or in collage so the pay isn't all that cut out to be if you need something to leave out of. This company only cares for their managers only and stays away from the brand reps.
It was too hard to stay as the benefit isnt even helping. It is too hard to move up too.
the only good thing is that scheduling is flexible, but other than that I can't work there full-time and be paid this low.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
wages are too low
competitive pay but horrible culture and mentorship for experienced hires
Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2018
overall company is great if you're newly graduated from college. If you are experienced hire, it's hard to understand the culture and there isn't proper mentorship and development plan. Unfortunately, many of those who were brought in with experience from other companies were let go as the company isn't able to open and adjust to new opinions and questions.
Great People vs. Not Enough Pay for the Work
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
It's a very labor-intensive work because you get shipments multiple times a week and there are tons of boxes with each shipment. At the store I work at they have a difficult problem with employee retention so employees quit usually and the work falls on the same people.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
labor-intensive, lenient training, disorganized
College Job
Back Stock/ Cashier/ Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2018
I was in College and Abercombie & Fitch was a really wonderful platform for me to study my craft and have a personality. I am big personality and it supported that as I worked as a cash rep. However, I think they were limited in the image for what is an American audience but I think they have evolved within the time I was there.
Good place to learn customer service skills.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Abercrombie & Fitch is a good place for a young person to enter the workforce. You learn how to work as a team and how to engage customers. I would say the only negative aspect of the company is the lack of inclusion. If you didn't look a certain way or have the "company look" then you were practically invisible.
This was a job between jobs
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 5, 2018
I thought I would enjoy working retail in a clothing store. I like good quality clothes and knew I could sell them and I did. Using my motivational skills I could sell clothes, especially to women. I managed a small team and enjoyed the job but again needed more money.
Pros
Got a good discount on clothes
Cons
Having a big turn around in sales associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight