Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

31.2K
Found 3,747 reviews matching the search See all 4,003 reviews
Ehhh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 17, 2018
Not a recommended job! If you are not a manager or key holder this is basically a one day kinda job. You also get paid minimum and biweekly. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL
great environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 17, 2018
great working environment, excellent coworkers, nice facilities, nice discounts, happy employees, good schedules, OT available but not required, quality products
Fun working environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 17, 2018
Working at Abercrombie is a a fun working environment that helps you talk and meet new people on a daily, and help increase your people handling skills every time you work.
Pros
Help customers when they're unsure about something, working with amazing employees, and is a great first job opportunity out there.
Cons
Non
Good First Job
Floor Model (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 16, 2018
There is nothing wrong with working at Abercrombie and Fitch. It is a good first job since it is simple and easy. The only negative I would have to say is that they made every employee buy the brand's clothes because it was considered uniform, but only offered a 25% discount. No reimbursement or extra discount. The only time you got a 50% discount of their clothes/uniform was during curtain seasons.
Productive and very active environment
Seasonal Brand Representative (December (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2018
I learned how to properly help and associate with customers to maximize sales and satisfaction with their purchase. The environment was very lively and I enjoyed it very much.
The people I worked with were fun!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2018
The hardest part of this job was staying on top of tedious details on the presentation of merchandise. You get to meet and work with a large number of people.
its so good
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 13, 2018
I am happy that I waa workin with Abercrombie and fitch since 2016 and I enjoyed, relaxed workin with them but unfortunately there are no enough hours per week every thing else was perfect
Pros
lunches and break times we were paid
Cons
there is no short break
fun and outgoing environment
Brand Rep/ Seasonal Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 12, 2018
I loved working here. employees, district manager and manager were always on top of everything. The schedule is so flexible people are very friendly..
It's okay, not a career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 12, 2018
Don't be sold on the idea that you will be promoted quickly, or that going to home office is actually an option if you are starting in store or the idea that the company hires 100% from within. The path to Store Manager can be a quick one if the opportunity presents itself, otherwise you will have to relocate.

It is a young company so you find that a lot of upper management is young and tend to be a little on the unprofessional side.

My advice; start out of college, start high volume, be mobile, be willing to be underpaid and overworked. If you can do that and exceed job expectation, you can likely be promoted to DM. (That may sound insane, but you genuinely wont see a career path like this elsewhere in retail)
Pros
Fun
Cons
upper management, work life balance, pay
The store is no longer open.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 11, 2018
i learned a a lot about retail marketing, hiring and fire. Customer service was not focused on as much as it should be. I liked all of the upper mgmt that i worked with.
Pros
empoyees and managment
Cons
pay and customer service
Inclusive
Management (Keyholder) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Abercrombie is a great location to get your foot in the door of the management world. Youll learn how to train and maintain your staff and operate a retail store. I recommend working here for management, but not as a sales associate.
Good part time for fun, not money
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
A&F is a great place to work at. I worked as a brand representative/sales associate. Everyone was very friendly and close. Managers were the perfect balance between maintaining store presentation/customer service and making sure people enjoyed their job. Managers were always willing to work with you on availability/scheduling.
It’s was productive.
Model (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
Everyone was great I didn’t like the hours but it was still fine. The managers were cool just working with people my age was cool too. I loved working with clothes.
stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 6, 2018
Working here opens your eyes to a different prospective. There is a lot of micromanagement within management. (Go figure) There is a lot of politics involved and inconsistencies
Great work environment
Stock Associate and visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 6, 2018
I loved the Abercrombie & Fitch culture, the work environment was fun and productive. Learned a lot about fit and forms along with visual merchandising.
Pros
Hours, environment, people, pay
My personal opinion
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 6, 2018
My experience at A&F wasn't bad, it was just a bit overwhelming at times. The reason I say that was because of the bad timing of things, other management issues(that got solved) and some personal issues that all happened around the same time. so when I first started working there, I didn't feel much stability, in the management area, and because it was my first time working in a clothing store I didn't know much about procedures, and I had a training book don't get me wrong but thats not how I learn. so on top of that my training wasn't hands on then they let me go on my own and it was safe to say they had more faith in me than I did. I am glad I was able to work with the people that I did because my coworkers were extremely understanding of how overwhelmed I was with handling all these tasks as well as trying to keep an eye on everything and helped me until I was able to get a handle of things. so all in all I loved the people and the environment, I just wish they either gave us less tasks to juggle at the same time or more hands on deck to handle them.
Not bad
Offer exemplary customer service (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIOctober 5, 2018
Good Chill enviroment to work in.Most of time is spent around clothes.not a bad workplace enviroment.must be prepared to spend time with customers.Must be a pro a folding shirts
I was a sales associate.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 4, 2018
They did not really train me they kind of just had me walk around the store folding clothes and I cashed out a couple of customers here and there. They did not give me enough hours as I wanted and a I put in my application.
Pros
Nice posple
Cons
Poor training, not enough hours
not a good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 2, 2018
I did not enjoy working at this place as I felt like just another pawn that they could move around and control with little freedom to learn and grow as myself.
fun and productive workplace
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  garden state plazaOctober 2, 2018
everyone there brought me into there crew without hesitation. they set a goal and push us to achieve that goal (in a good and professional way). The managers there are very respectful unlike most place i worked at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight