Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
41.1K
31.2K
Found 3,624 reviews matching the search See all 3,863 reviews
Pretty neat, but had to go.
Key Holder and Full Time Stock (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 15, 2018
I had a good time working there. The money was decent, but I had to leave due to personal issues in life. I felt bad leaving, but I appreciated working there and meeting the people there too.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Area
Ok place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed the retail environment but disliked the companies requirements for their employees. Employees should be judged on their performance and not their appearance.
Easy first job
Brand Rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
Fellow associates are very helpful, although some work how they get paid: minimum wage. Most of the management is friendly and very encouraging but upper level management like the general manager is disrespectful and demanding.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Higher level management doesn't treat associates with respect
Not worth your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2018
At minimum wage with little to no room for advancement, I wouldn't recommend working at A&F or any of it's sister companies. Generally speaking, every manager I've encountered has been pretty snobby and looks down on their employees, plays favorites, and is unwilling to work with you when there are issues pertaining to work of non-work related things (i.e. family or illness).
Pros
Employee discount
provided fast and friendly customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
After the daily meeting with the floor supervisor, we either work the cash register or help with the upkeep of the store which includes folding down and running go backs.
Steady employment
Performance of clerical research & data entry (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJuly 12, 2018
Over the 14 years I was employed, I went from a first time warehouse worker to an experienced inventory control specialist. I was a trainer in both of my home departments & a backup lead.I worked successfully with other associates to problem solve and develop new more cost effective ways to complete tasks.The hardest part of my job was the lack of communication of changes that occurred within the company. I enjoyed the ability to work in a department that allowed the associates to problem solve & communicate with other departments to put solutions into practice.The management teams put stock into our opinions & considered our experience when communicating with others . Many of the supervisors were understanding & easy to get communicate with concerning work issues.
Pros
low cost insurance, associate appreciation days, paid time off
Cons
too much variation in hours, no incentives for long term employees vs. extra incentives for new hires
Abercrombie Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 12, 2018
Working at Abercrombie was a cool experience. I've learned alot from some of the managers I've worked with. And it has helped out a great bit with time management.
Don’t do it
Brand representative (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 12, 2018
Applying at Abercrombie is a set up. Don’t do it. Some of The managers there are unprofessional except for the general manager. They work you harder than they paying you.
Pros
50% employee discounts
fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 11, 2018
this company helps you build relationships with your employees. everyone is really close and gets along so well with each other. management can be strict.
College job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 11, 2018
This wasn't bad while I was going to college. I could build my schedule & swap shifts if needed. But its retail & a lot of pushing people to buys things.
good first job for highschool
Stock and Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJuly 11, 2018
i was paid minimum wage and worked in high school. it was a good first job for experience but besides that i wouldnt work for the company. it was an overall bad experience
Very racist place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
Its a very racisrt place and they have very little respect for black people therre. and you barely get over time hours and the keep black in the stockroom
Pros
The lil money
Cons
Managers stealing
fun and flexible
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 11, 2018
It is a comfortable environment with fun employees. Busy hours are not stressful. Managers are very flexible with your availability and they treat you nicely.
Would recommend the position to others in highschool/college
Floor Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
Decent job, not very stressful on the worker, allows for ample opportunities to work, base pay however. The scent can be overwhelming at times due to large amounts of cologne and perfume.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay, repetitive work environment.
Stressful and slightly mismanaged
Impact (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 10, 2018
They hired far too many people so getting scheduled was difficult and unpredictable. The work day could be either stressful or painfully slow. The managers were nice and reasonable people, but often times responsibilities fell through the cracks and sometimes closing would take hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
unpredictable scheduling, relatively boring
A job that wasn't worth it
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 10, 2018
It was a job that unfortunately had too many employees but enough hours. Unorganized and no flexible hours. Out of the 3/4 managers I had, only 2 were truly effective and correctly managed.
Pros
The employee discounts
Cons
no breaks, poor management and very impersonal
busy work, low pay.
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 9, 2018
flexible job for high school students. a lot of work for such little pay. associates practically do everything. it's a very friendly environment to work in.
Pros
environment with associates.
Cons
little pay.
Good workspace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 9, 2018
during my time at Abercrombie I had great associates and great managers which made my time spent there great! It was a good place for a
First job experience.
Great environment to learn and hone your craft
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
Supportive work and learning environment. Learned all principles in running high-volume business. Schedule is very demanding. People culture is great. Loved working there!
Pros
Learning; discipline
Cons
Schedule; continued growth
Good place for a starting job
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 8, 2018
this is a great place for someone in high school or fresh out of high school, its a nice way to learn responsibility and the skills you will need such as time management communication and organization for future career goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

46out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Powered by Comparably