Abercrombie & Fitch

Found 220 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,979 reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun workplace with nice people

Everyday I improved my communication skills with the customers. At the beginning it is very hard to get in touch but by the end you have a nice conversation with a customer.

Pros

discounts

Cons

unfriendly customers

Pretty Standard Retail Job

Abercrombie & Fitch was a pretty easy-going retail job that I held throughout college. I learned about communication with managers, working in teams, and staying focused on a task.

Pros

good employee discount

Cons

loud

Abercrombie was my least favorite job.

A typical work day was stressful. I learned how to sell people on items, work the cash register, and how to better communicate with Spanish speaking customers. There were many different managers therefore there were many different personalities and ways to do your job when with certain managers. Co-workers were nice and helpful when I started out for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being scheduled. The most enjoyable part was the costumers.

Pros

Employee Disccount

Cons

Scheduling

Good for high school or college student

Gives you an idea of what it is like to work in retail, laid back except for what the appropriate dress code is. Strict about breaks too. They also often expect you to work after the mall closes, but will compensate with overtime pay. Sometimes pretty boring.

High Energy and Fun Work Place

Abercrombie is a diverse workplace with people who come and shop from all parts of the world. I think that is what I liked most about working there because you meet new people everyday. They had a very flexible schedule and you could work and also go to school without stress of not being able to manage time. The managers were very friendly and always made sure the associates understood the goals of the day and what was new in the store. My co-workers were so nice and most of them attended the same school as I did. The hardest part of my job was working in a place where there is a high theft rate and you would have to be in stressful situations. The best part of my job was the close friends I made over the years of working in a great time and work environment.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Positive atomosphere

A typical day at work includes greeting customers, doing countless size checks and pushing the company's newest colognes/perfumes to customers. Management is always easy going and understanding. Co-workers are upbeat and positive. The most ejoyable part of the job is honestly being able to work with management and co-workers becasue they're all so positive.

Pros

Positive Atmosphere with genuinely nice coworkers and managers

Cons

No breaks

Place is a HOT MESS

The people I work with are great. Fun, sweet group. Store managers at my store are really nice for the most part. They can only work with what head office gives them. The work environment however sucks. Head Office expects the Associates to put their heart and soul into their workplace but compensation is ridiculous for a multibillion dollar company. The discounts are even worse. There is no where for the Associates to sit and enjoy a meal or enjoy an appropriate break in the back.(Not even chairs to sit. My previous manager would go to her car during lunch hour btw this is during the winters.) The employee bathroom is disgusting. The company has no steady janitor on staff, the associates have to clean the store with equipments and cleaning supplies that are ancient. The breaks also suck. In addition they make you work an extra hour to make up for your lunch hour which they don't pay you for. Overtime pay for part-time employees do not "exist". Majority of the stores are part-time workers. Only the managers at my store are full time staff. When part-time employees work late we don't make overtime only during holidays which conveniently the store isn't open at my location. From my knowledge only flagship stores are open for holidays.( Holidays for them consists of Christmas & Thanksgiving.) Also they cut hours so fast and last minute if a store location isn't making "enough" money for them. Overall its the head office that needs to implement changes for people who put their heart and soul into the stores that makes the money for this multimillion dollar -

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Work Environment, Head Office. Pay

Fun workplace with great flexibility.

This was my first job and a very beneficial experience. It is a good representation of the world of retail, as I handled customer service, maintained appearance, and made sales. I loved my managers because they were focused on creating good energy in the workplace rather than demonstrating authority at every opportunity. My coworkers and I shared a lot in common; we were all pretty much college students looking to advance to the next phase in life while enjoying the present. The hardest part of the job was the fact that every now and then a customer would have a terrible attitude and be hard to please, although we (as salespeople) did everything in our power to create a pleasant shopping experience for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers achieve the type of shopping experience they desired, and the smiles and "thank you's" that came along with that.

Pros

highly flexible hours

Cons

short breaks if working 5 hours or less

Une expérience unique

Très bonne ambiance entre employés, management parfois absent et faux. Cadre et emploi atypique.

Different place but a lot of teachings.

Learned that theres a lot of personalities, but I was able to bring everyone together and have a better team work than what they already had before.

Pros

uniforms

Cons

not enough hours

Exciting workplace

I had fun helping people pick out clothes for their loved ones. The management was nice and helpful.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

No breaks

productive and fun workplace

Typical day at work would be greeting people helping customers with whatever needs they have. The hardest part about the job would be learning product and remembering where everything is because its never in the same place for long. My co-workers i worked with were very fun and outgoing. It really made work fun and go by fast.

Great job for a kid in high school

Standing all day with a strict clothing requirement and a not so friendly manager.

Professional and active atmosphere

A typical day at work would consist of a manager meeting first thing at the start of my shift. Then after we discussed the shrinkage (theft), I would make it to my station (mens, women's, cashier, etc.) Here I learned responsibility for the product. It was my mission to make sure the floor was neat and organized, and that I tend to anyone in need, especially suspected shoplifters. It was because of this I learned how to approach uncomfortable situations with caution and patience, never jumping to make a wrong assumption was a key lesson we were taught. My co-workers were fun and lively, an attitude that would often rub off on me within our first conversation with each other. This made the atmosphere easy-going and made me feel comfortable; when I made a mistake I wasn't as afraid to ask for help. For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I helped contribute to a sale, satisfying the customer as well as the company.

Pros

15% Discount of Items (excluding fragrances)

Cons

Inconsistent hours; company publicly has a bad reputation

I already did a review

I dont feel like having to type another review of the same exact company, so i guess ill just type whatever comes to mind. Advancement for this company is horrible, why would you need a degree to become a manager? When you work somewhere for a certain amount of time you should be able to move up considering you have learned more than the new guy just coming in.

Enjoyable but also bland

The typical day consists of you only doing your job, depending on what your title is in the store the work sometimes can be a little over whelming but not difficult. The co workers are any where from ages 18-24 so its easy to get along with a younger staff. The management was well and overall friendly plus good at there job.

Pros

Discount on clothing

Cons

Hours not too flexible, short breaks

A great way to gain retail and management experience

Working at Abercrombie and Fitch is fun! A typical day might be slow, but most of the employees are nice and easy to talk to, including the managers. You learn a lot about marketing, management and just typical retail tasks such as floorsets and inventory. The hardest part of the job would be floorsets because sometimes they can be confusing. However, I enjoyed working there a lot because I made friends and got to help people on a daily basis.

Pros

friendly environment, flexible hours

Cons

short dats due to the high number of employees

Fun work place.

I would start my day with cleaning the store and folding clothes. I would then stand in the front and greet customers. I learned how to present myself and communicate with customers better.

Pros

In the mall

Cons

In the mall

fun workplace

- peaceful laid back environment - I learned how to work directly with customers on a daily basis - Most of my managers were really nice - my co-workers were great! I made a lot of friends - best part of the job was recruiting other models to work in the store

Pros

discount on great clothes

Cons

short breaks and no benefits

Slow Paced

Enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers, not so much the smell. love selling trends and being looked to for style tips.

Productive workplace with great managers and co workers which made it an enjoyable workplace

A typical day at work included myself greeting people at the entrance of the store and working at the cash register. I learned that working your hardest at all times really catches peoples attention and is simply a great trait to apply to all workplaces. My co workers were also great friends and great workers. They set a great example when I worked their and were very professional. The hardest part of the job was just getting used to a professional workplace in the beginning because it was one of my first real jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who I really liked and looking back at the end of the work day knowing I worked my hardest which is the most satisfying feeling for me.

Pros

Solid first professional job.

Cons

Didn't get a lot of hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K
1.4K
1.5K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

63%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Abercrombie & Fitch with

Career recommendations for Model

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Abercrombie & Fitch