Abercrombie & Fitch

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,978 reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Sweet.

Learned allot. Easy work. Nice clothing. Had a great experience.

Fun Workplace

I really enjoyed working at Abercrombie Kids. My coworkers were great and management was terrific. Fun atmosphere! The pay could have been better though.

It’s was productive.

Everyone was great I didn’t like the hours but it was still fine. The managers were cool just working with people my age was cool too. I loved working with clothes.

Great first time or high school job

Great first time Job for high schoolers. Pay is minimum wage, great for building work history, report, and work skills. Managers were great nice and friendly and fun.

great place, only part time

i loved the clothes and the cool kid ivy leage culture, to some its a turn off, but it really depends on the person, butthiings have changed since i have worked there as in ceo and such so..

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Corporate retail

Very difficult place to work in. Company culture is focused on the products and the sell, no where near about how well the employee is doing. My experience was negative. No incentive to do well, training was extremely lacking, and the workers rarely followed established regulatory protocols.

Pros

Low-skill job, Easy to land job

Cons

Poor skill development, poor customer service development, questionable attitudes, corporate culture was distant, managers overworked and understaffed, on-call for a part-time position is extremely limiting

Cashier

- Standing and working all day. - Learn how to dress. - Strictly manager. - No fun place. - Get home late after done cleaning is the hardest part of this job. - The smell of the store is enjoyable.

Fun place to work

Other than the constant loud music and cologne being pumped out through the vents this place was great to work at. Fun environment and great people to be around.

Pros

Discount cloths

Cons

Loud music and annoying smell

Basic skills, first job

Your basic retail job. It teaches you the basics of interacting with 'clients' and being on a team. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and learned about being flexible in the workplace.

Complete embodiment of monotony

Standing and faking your enthusiasm for overpriced clothing can be hard, especially when listening to the same 5 songs all day. It was loud and smelled very strong all the time.

Pros

You got 50% of your first 5 items (which was still around $45 per shirt)

Cons

Salary, culture, clothes

pretty enjoyable atmosphere with cool people working there

the work was repetitive but your fellow co workers made up for that, and there's a laid back atmosphere to the whole place.

fast paced and challenging work environment

friendly yet competitive environment. The company placed a large emphasis on physical appearance. Small room for advancement, but friendly environment allowed for flexible schedule.

Super busy yet fun workplace

A typical day at Abercrombie and Fitch is busy and hectic. However, the co-workers and managers make the day worthwhile. Being with the company for three years now, I learned to interact with people, not just your everyday New Yorker, but tourists from all over. The hardest part of the job would be not meeting up to a customer's needs and the most enjoyable part would be getting to know customers from different countries and having moments with my co-workers in between shifts.

Pros

Great 50% discount, free uniforms, flexible availability

Cons

Short breaks.

Abercrombie was my least favorite job.

A typical work day was stressful. I learned how to sell people on items, work the cash register, and how to better communicate with Spanish speaking customers. There were many different managers therefore there were many different personalities and ways to do your job when with certain managers. Co-workers were nice and helpful when I started out for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being scheduled. The most enjoyable part was the costumers.

Pros

Employee Disccount

Cons

Scheduling

Different place but a lot of teachings.

Learned that theres a lot of personalities, but I was able to bring everyone together and have a better team work than what they already had before.

Pros

uniforms

Cons

not enough hours

Exciting workplace

I had fun helping people pick out clothes for their loved ones. The management was nice and helpful.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

No breaks

productive and fun workplace

Typical day at work would be greeting people helping customers with whatever needs they have. The hardest part about the job would be learning product and remembering where everything is because its never in the same place for long. My co-workers i worked with were very fun and outgoing. It really made work fun and go by fast.

Slow Paced

Enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers, not so much the smell. love selling trends and being looked to for style tips.

Productive workplace with great managers and co workers which made it an enjoyable workplace

A typical day at work included myself greeting people at the entrance of the store and working at the cash register. I learned that working your hardest at all times really catches peoples attention and is simply a great trait to apply to all workplaces. My co workers were also great friends and great workers. They set a great example when I worked their and were very professional. The hardest part of the job was just getting used to a professional workplace in the beginning because it was one of my first real jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who I really liked and looking back at the end of the work day knowing I worked my hardest which is the most satisfying feeling for me.

Pros

Solid first professional job.

Cons

Didn't get a lot of hours.

Great place

Great environment to work. management is very helpful. the co-workers helpful. I learned customer service.

Full- Time Hands OnJob Opportunity.

Customer Appreciation and Apparel Detailing. Style Coach and Manager