ABHOW Employee Reviews

I recommend Humangood-formerly ABHOW
Director of Buildings and Grounds (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJune 18, 2018
No complaints. Everything is good here compared to other places that I have worked. I would recommend Humangood to anyone, it is a supportive place to work and a good mission.
Pros
All good
Cons
Lots of social activities after work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, CADecember 8, 2017
Meet with residents to review/update file information. Learned new accounting program with the help of an upper manager from corporate office. Very good experience. We had an activities director that the residents loved and created great outing in which staff could be involved in.
Working with seniors was always a pleasure and when one passes one feels sadden. You become close to many, especially the ones without families.
I enjoyed the comradery with the staff. Always good company.
Pros
Cafateria on site for staff and residents for lunch
Cons
Those few cranky seniors and just seem to be that way.
Great place for high school students to get entry level experience
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAAugust 28, 2017
ABHOW, orJudson Park Retirement and Assisted Living, offers young people the opportunity to begin their working careers in an entry level host/hostess position. You are required to keep your appearance tidy, and you learn the basics of a restaurant hosting position through waiting on the elderly in the retirement living facility.
Pros
Consistent hours and days, ability to request off days, friendly staff
Cons
No over time opportunities
Great coworkers and Residents
Rosewood Senior Living Community (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 3, 2017
Usually fast- paced and enjoyable; positive team culture and wonderful residents. Administration has many incentives to reward employees' efforts in providing exceptional service to residents.
Management is horrific.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  The Terraces at Los AltosApril 24, 2017
Management is among the worst I have ever worked for in my life.They overwork and take advantage of their employees. The turnover rate is unbelievable.
Pros
Residents, team members
Cons
Management, Corporate Office, No Training, Low Morale
Plymouth village worker
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 15, 2017
I work with this company, they pay me good! They treat their employee really well.Great co workers and residence ! I love working here! We had 3 times general orientation. They provide good food.They give full orienttion new employees had warm welcome in their news papers. Everything is online. You csn pick online what schedule you want.
Pros
Ra
Beautiful Valle Verde Retirement Community
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 9, 2017
Work in a beautiful environment, both culturally and physically. Our work atmosphere is collaborative, friendly and engaging. The care and services provided to the Residents we serve is outstanding!

Our team members are genuine and care about what they do and want to provide extraordinary care to both our Residents, family members and their fellow team members!

We enjoy excellent benefits provided by our organization: health, 401k with employer match, educational assistance, scholarship funds, fringe benefits. The campus in Santa Barbara is beautiful and we enjoy amenities such as a Fitness Center, Wellness programs, pool, library and a great on-site restaurant style dining.

Our organization is innovative and always looking to engage residents and team members in aging well.
Pros
The Residents and the Team Members
Cons
The world needs to know more about what it means to age well.
Fun and rewarding atmosphere
Relocation Specialist / Floating Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Excellent organizational culture through workplace quality initiatives, training and on-going communication from the Corporate HQ to the Line staff. Client-focused management, policies and procedures with great benefits.
Largest Senior Non-Profit in California
Private (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 20, 2017
The recent merger of ABHOW and Be.Group, along with Beacon Communities and Development groups have a created the 6th largest senior care non-profit company in the US and the largest in California.

Pay and benefits are fair, the mission is awesome and leadership is great.
Thankful for my job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Judson ParkJanuary 22, 2017
I have been at Judson Park for 5 years. While nowhere will ever be perfect, this team cares a lot and provides good care. I've also been thankful that this company takes care of its employees. Ive gotten a raise each year, have good health insurance and I've appreciated the learning opportunities, good food and gym access. Not-for-profit companies have better values.
Pros
We take care of each other
Cons
Free parking but sometimes in gravel lot.
Okay.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Management had a hard time separating personal views from business. There was a lot of favoritism in the dining room. Almost like high school. Very childish.
Pros
Great co-workers, amazing residents, fun environment (sometimes)
Cons
Underpaid, unprofessional
Moderate working environment
Waitress and Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
regular working environment, morning shifts are free seating therefore it gets very busy, afternoon shifts are busy as well but there is a host/hostess. Double seating is very frequent
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no tips
Wonderful co- workers/ management is awful
Assisted Living Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2016
I worked for this company for approx. 2 years, and never in my life have I had to fight for my job the way I did after simply disagreeing with my supervisor. I was told she would destroy me and now I believe it. I loved my residents and staff, but my supervisor and administrator did not handle problems with the staff or our residents as it should have been. State has been brought in multiple times and they have "lost" documents and accused their workers of trying to steal them. Cille- No one had to steal a document that never EXISTED in the first place! By the way; the training needed isn't their either.
Pros
My co-workers who kept me from pooping behind their desks
Cons
Cille Caldwell
All in all this was a great company to work for.
Transportation Driver, IT Assistant, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2016
I only wish that circumstances and my health would have allowed me to retain this position. The joy that comes from my interactions with the residents is inexplicable. Every day was a fulfilling experience assisting elderly residents into and out of a vehicle, and transporting them to and from any location. I also enjoyed working on the wireless nurse call system which was used as an emergency beacon for the residents.
Pros
The residents, the food, the campus environment, the management
Cons
everything has both positives and negatives, I dwell only on the positive
Great company, great culture, supportive management
Director of HR/Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I worked for the ABHOW for almost 15 years.
Great working atmosphere, wonderful residents, friendly co-worker, and supportive management.
Pros
Trainings, Educations Assistance, 401k 4% match
Cons
health benefits could improve
Great climb that paid off for Quality work by a quality team
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 17, 2015
This was a challenge right from the beginning but there where silos that could be pulled together toward a common goal: quality care for the customer, be it resident, a vendor, a peer or all of the above. Feedback, rewards, integrity among the workers in the health center was both challenging but enjoyable when the response to the challenge is meet with wide-eye enthusiam to get it right. A team that helped to pull the weight so no one member was over-burdened. In the end difference are just difference and we have to leave each other on terms to leave intergrity and honesty intact.
Pros
The efforts to to sincerely do good work was through and through.
Cons
Self-serving mechanisms of 1 or 2 tends to under-mine the process
Work and life balance to get to quality in both
Director of Nursing Services (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 17, 2015
Multi-tasking, while enviable to some, is more than tedious when aligned with tasks that do not lead to quality care while doing HR, payroll, scheduling, training and communityoutreach, in a word: challenging.
Pros
Wondeful residents
Cons
Functional systems of support are too incremental.
Excellent Company
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton CalifonriaJune 8, 2015
Great culture and I would reside or assist a family menber in resididing in one of the communities. It is not a highly accountable company and employees are often given too many chances, but residents always come first. Pay is OK and benefits are really great, especially low cost medical and a strong 401k with no vesting period.
Easy job. Little to no advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 26, 2015
I basically outgrew the company and every time I applied for a promotion decisions were based on who you were on paper rather than your ability to perform the job.
Pros
9-5 hours
Cons
To many chiefs, not enough indians
Very hands on and busy work
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 14, 2014
Dealing with residents personalities were both a positive and not so easy part of the job.