Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace Culture at Abington Memorial Hospital
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 10, 2018
My tenure was before the acquisition by Jefferson. The community of Abington, PA was a very affluent area. The environment was friendly with everyone putting forth great effort to get along in integration to demonstrate harmony and patient-focused care. It worked because of the leadership at the top of the organization. One of the few healthcare facilities I worked at where people cared
Pros
Hospital Environment
Cons
Travel
Productive workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 7, 2018
Communication was great on each unit. Interdisciplinary team communication was good. confidentiality was a big thing. opportunities for advancement slender.
Pros
offer good benefits
okay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 4, 2018
I think the hospital does great things and the nurses are smart. Management is not the best in some units, and sometimes cost-savings seems more important than staff moral.
They squeezed me out because of my rate.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 26, 2018
I was a long time employee and over the course of three years I was slowly faced out and eventually laid off when they were acquired by Jefferson Health.
Pros
Facility is well maintained.
Cons
Poor management.
Patient Focused
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 10, 2018
Patient and customer focused, Enjoyed patient interaction and the mission and vision of the organization. Workplace culture in my department was OK, there was a lot of change happening within Healthcare during my time here
Mgmt is old school
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, PAJune 28, 2018
Some old school mgmt is still there and will turn on the newer employees. Upper mgmt dont know whats going on and no one downtown at Jeff knows anything. Turnover rate is crazy.
Committees Committees Committees
NURSE PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 21, 2018
Tons of different committees to join. Unfortunately, they don't all work hand in hand causing increase work overlap. With so many changes in the institution (buying up hospitals) it is hard to say in which direction we are going. We are no longer a small community hospital where everyone knows everyone. Such a loss
Abington Hospital was my best learning experience.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 6, 2018
My years at Abington Hospital were great. I learn so much, working different areas, and different shifts. Although I enjoyed it, there came a time in my personal life that I needed to make changes and left Abington.
Needs a Union
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 5, 2018
This organization needs a UNION. Its all about who you know in this Job. Alot of Racism . The manager and Hr staff works together so you would never have a fair chance in anything. EVS managers dont check your work which allows people to slack and it could cause harm to a patient. Some beds are not even wiped down. CREW Recognization is very poor in EVS department
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad Management
Personal
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 31, 2018
I enjoy working at Abington. I am not looking at leaving at this time just adding to my career and gaining experience to better myself and my family.
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 22, 2018
Overall the majority of higher level Management work together to be proactive with middle management in encouraging a safe and productive work environment. There are many changes being made and most have been a positive experience,
Pros
Culture of work environment
Cons
Too many "hats" which tend to delay progress.
Too much work for the pay
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 21, 2018
Staff is under appreciated and you are expected to do more work than realistically possible. They do not build a strong foundation before expanding.

Love interacting with the patients and my co-workers are nice. If you are willing you can learn a lot, but they keep adding weight and pressure to an already jam packed day!

Pay is middle of the road.
Manager is worst . She don’t understand problems and easily annoyed
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAApril 23, 2018
I’m like the hospital . It’s very fast and too much good to learn .phlebotomy Manager is worst . She don’t understand your problems and easily freaked out and always want to write you up . Team is ok , not very friendly and work like team player .
Pros
Worst management of lab
Cons
Human resource good, discounts and benefits
great employer,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  phila paApril 19, 2018
normal routine RN work responsibilities. great team work, co-workers are friendly and cordial witheach other. main goal is patient safety and satisfaction.
Pros
no free luncheon
Cons
good health benefits
Productive work place
Senior Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 27, 2018
I have worked for this company for 17 yrs and I have enjoyed it. You have room for growth here. They offer educational class and training. They offer a 401b plan. The benefits are great. They have daycare and a fitness center for employees.
No regrets
PCA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 16, 2018
This place will build you character in learning how to deal with difficult employees. There is a lot of bias here. There seems to be a hierarchy there that is never corrected in difficult situations.
Pros
location
Patient care is superb
Medical Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 16, 2018
I work there for 16 years and I enjoy going to work everyday. They value their patients and put patient safety first. They also value employee safety and rights. I would love for Abington to be in every state. I worked in Abington but I have also been a patient there and no one knew I was an employee unless I told them or they seen me on the floors. Confidentiality is a must and patients are a priority.
Pros
There is room for growth and education
Cons
We pay for parking and that is low. I had to put something here.
Working at Abington ER
ETC Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 14, 2018
In a brief summary, working at Abington Hospital is great. I work with amazing doctors and nurses at a fast pace trauma center. It takes a special kind of person to work in an ER, so essentially all my coworkers are special people. At every moment I am doing something and I feel like my job is important. The hardest part of my job is that I rarely challenged. The best part of my job is working with patients and my coworkers.
Pros
Awesome staff, patient interactions
Cons
30min lunch, evening hours
very independent job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  JenkintownMarch 12, 2018
this was a very independent job. you worked alone most of the time so you really had to stay on track and keep up the pace. most enjoyable was working alone.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Abington, PA 19001March 6, 2018
For a hospital this size, management treats the staff very well. I enjoy being part of the staff at this hospital. Many of my co-workers are great "team" players always making work a pleasurable experience.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health. Our community is ready to answer.