Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Employee Reviews

Abington Hospital was my best learning experience.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 6, 2018
My years at Abington Hospital were great. I learn so much, working different areas, and different shifts. Although I enjoyed it, there came a time in my personal life that I needed to make changes and left Abington.
Needs a Union
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 5, 2018
This organization needs a UNION. Its all about who you know in this Job. Alot of Racism . The manager and Hr staff works together so you would never have a fair chance in anything. EVS managers dont check your work which allows people to slack and it could cause harm to a patient. Some beds are not even wiped down. CREW Recognization is very poor in EVS department
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad Management
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 22, 2018
Overall the majority of higher level Management work together to be proactive with middle management in encouraging a safe and productive work environment. There are many changes being made and most have been a positive experience,
Pros
Culture of work environment
Cons
Too many "hats" which tend to delay progress.
Too much work for the pay
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 21, 2018
Staff is under appreciated and you are expected to do more work than realistically possible. They do not build a strong foundation before expanding.

Love interacting with the patients and my co-workers are nice. If you are willing you can learn a lot, but they keep adding weight and pressure to an already jam packed day!

Pay is middle of the road.
Manager is worst . She don’t understand problems and easily annoyed
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAApril 23, 2018
I’m like the hospital . It’s very fast and too much good to learn .phlebotomy Manager is worst . She don’t understand your problems and easily freaked out and always want to write you up . Team is ok , not very friendly and work like team player .
Pros
Worst management of lab
Cons
Human resource good, discounts and benefits
great employer,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  phila paApril 19, 2018
normal routine RN work responsibilities. great team work, co-workers are friendly and cordial witheach other. main goal is patient safety and satisfaction.
Pros
no free luncheon
Cons
good health benefits
Productive work place
Senior Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 27, 2018
I have worked for this company for 17 yrs and I have enjoyed it. You have room for growth here. They offer educational class and training. They offer a 401b plan. The benefits are great. They have daycare and a fitness center for employees.
No regrets
PCA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 16, 2018
This place will build you character in learning how to deal with difficult employees. There is a lot of bias here. There seems to be a hierarchy there that is never corrected in difficult situations.
Pros
location
Patient care is superb
Medical Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 16, 2018
I work there for 16 years and I enjoy going to work everyday. They value their patients and put patient safety first. They also value employee safety and rights. I would love for Abington to be in every state. I worked in Abington but I have also been a patient there and no one knew I was an employee unless I told them or they seen me on the floors. Confidentiality is a must and patients are a priority.
Pros
There is room for growth and education
Cons
We pay for parking and that is low. I had to put something here.
Working at Abington ER
ETC Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 14, 2018
In a brief summary, working at Abington Hospital is great. I work with amazing doctors and nurses at a fast pace trauma center. It takes a special kind of person to work in an ER, so essentially all my coworkers are special people. At every moment I am doing something and I feel like my job is important. The hardest part of my job is that I rarely challenged. The best part of my job is working with patients and my coworkers.
Pros
Awesome staff, patient interactions
Cons
30min lunch, evening hours
very independent job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  JenkintownMarch 12, 2018
this was a very independent job. you worked alone most of the time so you really had to stay on track and keep up the pace. most enjoyable was working alone.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Abington, PA 19001March 6, 2018
For a hospital this size, management treats the staff very well. I enjoy being part of the staff at this hospital. Many of my co-workers are great "team" players always making work a pleasurable experience.
great place to work
OB-Technician (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 1, 2018
worked in labor and delivery had great experiences with the Docs as well as patients and their families. I was very sad that I had to leave tis position
Busy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 25, 2018
I have loved my time at Abington up until the past few years. The ER is extremely busy, not well staffed and never a chance for a break in 12 hour shifts.
Pros
good people
Cons
understaffed and busy
Collaborative place to work and always challenged for new ideas and better ways to do things
Leader (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Collaborative place to work, shared governance is encouraged. You are always challenged for new ideas and better ways to do things
I've learned to work in teams more efficiently. The most enjoyable part of working at Abington is my peers and the patients we serve.
Pros
People
Cons
lack of opportunity for career growth
the team work in ER is wonderful
Emergency Room Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical (Former Employee) –  Abington, PA 19001January 25, 2018
I loved my job however, they became a magnet hospital and I needed to obtain my RN w/in 5 years. I was enrolled into an RN class but would not be able to complete w/in the 5 year time frame. I am a single mother and was attending classes part-time as I worked full time.
Pros
lots of pizza (lol), pension plan
Cons
needed my higer degrree
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at Abington Jefferson Health. I would like to change departments, unfortunately this isn't happening at this specific location at this time. Best team to work with!
Pros
Close proximity to my house
Cons
Job advancement
great place to work at
Homecare RN and Acute Care RN (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoy working for Abington Jefferson but need to stay in an institutional setting and not traveling as much as in the Home Care Setting. I enjoy the staff and managers, a great place to work for.
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
no Cons
Secretarial
Secretary II, Hospice Administration (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Nurses and staff are highly-qualified and dedicated to providing top quality service. Days could be stressful and fast-paced. Need more career advancement oppotunities for non-medical professionals.
Pros
People, Steady work, and good benefits
Plm
Project Manager Performance Excellence (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 11, 2018
Hard working, caring people. A place that you feel safe being hospitalized at. Decent benefits but no pension plan. They don’t have a great 401 k match
Pros
Good people and a good hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health. Our community is ready to answer.