Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Employee Reviews

Great co workers
very organized
Extremely Busy location
Hard to find parking
It has been so long ago, I am not sure my review is relevant
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment
always have fun with my co workers
Dietary Aid / Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 9, 2019
When i work on the campus of Abington Memorial Hospital i walk with a smile on my face because i know i will get smile back from from my colleagues.i really loved working for this company
Pros
helpfull
Cons
n/a
wonderful job there
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 8, 2019
it was a lovely time working there I injoy my job my co-work's was nice to work with they show me how to be a leader that why I I got into management I love it
None at this time
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 6, 2019
None at this time only because I was just intern there. So to say what good our bad I can not really say.
I'm not sure about management and what hard
Great job
Certfied nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 17, 2018
Teamwork, love the labor and delivery unit. I work on the med surg unit and it was a pleasure working with everyone. Dayshit is very fast paced and I loved it.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 17, 2018
Just started working here in Abington Hospital in September. Everyone is great to work with in a stressful but patient-based environment. They make sure the employee keeps the patient safe first, and that everyone communicate well.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
No free parking
Productive work place
Patient Transporter and dispatch (Current Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 7, 2018
Abington hospital has been a grate place to work. I love my job and the opportunity it gives me to interact with people. I love caring for others and Abington hospital gives me that opportunity.
Pros
Positive and up best place to work
Cons
Health care
Good job
Registered Nurse, CNA (Former Employee) –  Abington, PANovember 28, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy taking care of a nice group of patients. However it can be somewhat competitive working at a hospital with MAGNET standards.
A typical work day
Home Care Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2018
Arriving at my patient home clock in give bath , shower , dressing, feeding mouth care, catheter care, make bed , vital signs, laundry, making sure patient is comfortable
Cardiac Catheterization Technician (Former Employee) –  Abington, PANovember 14, 2018
Abington was a great place to work now they are with Jefferson before that this was not a great place to work benefits wasn't great along with hours however people were great
Pros
area
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to work and learn hands on
Administrative Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PA 19001November 8, 2018
Great place to work! Good people, great team of managers that will help you the best way they can both in your work life as well as your personal life. If you want someone to teach you how to progress as a nurse, they definitely can be a great guidance.
Decent hospital, lacking benefits
Staff Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Abington, PANovember 6, 2018
Working as an RN at Abington, I feel as though the medical care provided throughout the organization is proficient. I would feel safe having surgery and/or being a patient there, and I have done so in the past with good outcomes. My biggest complaint is the poor benefits. I worked at a center city hospital for many years before moving to Abington, and the disparity in quality and quantity of benefits is striking between the two. Tuition reimbursement will cover your classes if you take 2 a year, short term disability including maternity leave pays next to nothing, half of my earned paid time off is banked into an account that can only be used for STD, so the amount of vacation and sick time received is inadequate compared to what I am accustomed to, and I've been there for 2 years without a raise (with favorable annual reviews). It is the largest reason I am currently seeking employment elsewhere. The most challenging part of my job (and likely any RN position in a hospital) is time management and handling patients who are unstable and/or high acuity. The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie that exists amongst the staff on my unit (the PACU). Despite many of the crazy/challenging situations we deal with daily, we can still laugh about it together.
Pros
Scheduled lunch break free from patient care guaranteed each shift
Benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work flexible hours great management for a bit then down hill after that. People are easy to work with very helpful. Learned a lot there.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Management crashed after Myrna left
It was a productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my experience at Abington. It was my first job out of nursing school. We had a good crew of people and there was teamwork and educational workshops a the time. You were able to give you opinion on things and it was at least considered. Everyone knew their job and did it well.
A good hospital
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 10, 2018
A great place to work, good people smaller hospital great patient care. I’ve had family as patients at this hospital and they were treated amazingly well there.
a day in blood bank
Medical Technologist, Generalist and Blood Bank (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 7, 2018
I've work at Blood Bank since 2007. It was intimidating at first to issue a unit of blood to a patient. There is absolutely no room for mistake in here. With time I learned to trust myself, rely on my coworkers, ask for help if unsure, and prioritize workload. I enjoy my job, as we work as a team, help patients and other members of the organization.
Pros
Team work
Wonderful
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 25, 2018
Abington is a wonderful place to work, there are tons of opportunities as well as awesome colleagues. I enjoyed my time at Abington Hospital. I would work there again.
Workplace
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 18, 2018
Good hospital to obtain experience. Rehabilitation department was a great team with the opportunity to provide care to inpatients, outpatients and pediatric patients.
Production is mandatory
Sr. Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 3, 2018
Advancements are given to friends and family. It is not a healthy working environment. The company has lost a sizable amount of staff in the past year due to the hostile working environment management has fostered.
I like my job
Billing/Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 28, 2018
I like my job it’s just the location The commute every day is such a long commute 45 minutes to and from work every morning is very tiresome at this time
Pros
Na
Cons
Make

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss