Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Employee Reviews

A good hospital
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 10, 2018
A great place to work, good people smaller hospital great patient care. I’ve had family as patients at this hospital and they were treated amazingly well there.
a day in blood bank
Medical Technologist, Generalist and Blood Bank (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 7, 2018
I've work at Blood Bank since 2007. It was intimidating at first to issue a unit of blood to a patient. There is absolutely no room for mistake in here. With time I learned to trust myself, rely on my coworkers, ask for help if unsure, and prioritize workload. I enjoy my job, as we work as a team, help patients and other members of the organization.
Pros
Team work
Wonderful
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 25, 2018
Abington is a wonderful place to work, there are tons of opportunities as well as awesome colleagues. I enjoyed my time at Abington Hospital. I would work there again.
Workplace
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 18, 2018
Good hospital to obtain experience. Rehabilitation department was a great team with the opportunity to provide care to inpatients, outpatients and pediatric patients.
Production is mandatory
Sr. Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 3, 2018
Advancements are given to friends and family. It is not a healthy working environment. The company has lost a sizable amount of staff in the past year due to the hostile working environment management has fostered.
I like my job
Billing/Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 28, 2018
I like my job it’s just the location The commute every day is such a long commute 45 minutes to and from work every morning is very tiresome at this time
Pros
Na
Cons
Make
Stressful
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 27, 2018
This is a high stress environment. It is fast paced, but teach a lot to a person just graduating from college. If you are a person who is not a team player and your are sensitive, then this place is not for you.
Benefits
Cons
work schedule, if not persuing nursing...career advancement
Productive cutting edge facility for patient safety with a great gym.
CRCST (Current Employee) –  Sterile processorAugust 27, 2018
Abington Jefferson health is a well rounded place to work, as a Crcst its very demanding and relaxed when you no your job, its about making sure every patient is well taken care of by doing my job efficient as possible. By understanding that we are the first line of defense from any and all microorganism for surgical procedures.
Pros
Paying for park
Cons
Very good perks
Workplace culture
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 20, 2018
Very Diverse Company, hard working staff. Very enjoyable place to work. Learn and grow in this place. Cafeteria food is very good especially holidays.
Pros
Good scheduling
Cons
no bonus
professional atmosphere, consistant with magnet expectations
Registered Nurse, Mother Baby Unit (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job are the families I care for. Educational CEU are consistently offered throughout the year. Management is professional and administration organized.
Pros
Care program
Cons
short breaks
Workplace Culture at Abington Memorial Hospital
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 10, 2018
My tenure was before the acquisition by Jefferson. The community of Abington, PA was a very affluent area. The environment was friendly with everyone putting forth great effort to get along in integration to demonstrate harmony and patient-focused care. It worked because of the leadership at the top of the organization. One of the few healthcare facilities I worked at where people cared
Pros
Hospital Environment
Cons
Travel
Productive workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 7, 2018
Communication was great on each unit. Interdisciplinary team communication was good. confidentiality was a big thing. opportunities for advancement slender.
Pros
offer good benefits
okay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 4, 2018
I think the hospital does great things and the nurses are smart. Management is not the best in some units, and sometimes cost-savings seems more important than staff moral.
They squeezed me out because of my rate.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 26, 2018
I was a long time employee and over the course of three years I was slowly faced out and eventually laid off when they were acquired by Jefferson Health.
Pros
Facility is well maintained.
Cons
Poor management.
Patient Focused
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 10, 2018
Patient and customer focused, Enjoyed patient interaction and the mission and vision of the organization. Workplace culture in my department was OK, there was a lot of change happening within Healthcare during my time here
Mgmt is old school
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, PAJune 28, 2018
Some old school mgmt is still there and will turn on the newer employees. Upper mgmt dont know whats going on and no one downtown at Jeff knows anything. Turnover rate is crazy.
Committees Committees Committees
NURSE PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 21, 2018
Tons of different committees to join. Unfortunately, they don't all work hand in hand causing increase work overlap. With so many changes in the institution (buying up hospitals) it is hard to say in which direction we are going. We are no longer a small community hospital where everyone knows everyone. Such a loss
Abington Hospital was my best learning experience.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 6, 2018
My years at Abington Hospital were great. I learn so much, working different areas, and different shifts. Although I enjoyed it, there came a time in my personal life that I needed to make changes and left Abington.
Needs a Union
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 5, 2018
This organization needs a UNION. Its all about who you know in this Job. Alot of Racism . The manager and Hr staff works together so you would never have a fair chance in anything. EVS managers dont check your work which allows people to slack and it could cause harm to a patient. Some beds are not even wiped down. CREW Recognization is very poor in EVS department
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad Management
Personal
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 31, 2018
I enjoy working at Abington. I am not looking at leaving at this time just adding to my career and gaining experience to better myself and my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss