Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health
64Average

Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Pay and benefits are pretty competitive compared to other hospitals in the area. Management is dependent on the unit you work in, some are good, some bad.
The absolute worse management team I have ever worked for. Your not trained properly. It’s like your thrown to the wolves and have to fend for yourself literally. They tell you to keep your skype on available all day... why? They don’t answer your anyway. Send an email still no answer. We’re currently working from home, send a text still get ignored, but they will send you multiple emails back to back. So they seen your email. There is no help when needed. Sad when you can’t even go to supervisor/management for help. You get millions of calls a day. A patient been on hold for 45 minutes. So happy you answered, just for your to tell to them sorry I can’t help you cause do not schedule those test. So they don’t want you to take a message cause NOBODY returns the call almost a whole week later. They ask to speak to a manager/supervisor but nope they don’t reach back out. Scheduling is the worse place ever. Was told this numerous of times, and I went there anyway. Worse mistake of my life. I left before I found another job. That’s how horrible it was!
Benefits
Cons
Very bad supervisor, 30 min lunch, million calls a day with no open appointments
Cool place to work because of meeting cool co workers. There's been amazing and horrible experiences. However, overall I've been left with a horrible taste in my mouth just from being an employee for over five years. If I could change hospitals that possibly had a union to speak on behalf of the employees especially for anyone under a RN and doctor position...I would. If you aren't either one then you really don't matter much to them. Not everyone is given the same respect. My pay decreased when my position changed despite doing the same work if not more. They even gave me raise over the last 5 years and basically was taken away once transferring to a different department. Also, my benefits such as PTO decreased just because I changed my position. There's times where they will remove you from the schedule and you won't know that you're cancelled until clocking in. There's poor communication and job security is a high concern. Staying with an organization for so long you would expect the same loyalty and respect in return but... Lastly, some days you might do an 1:1 for 8 to 12 hours, putting yourself in harms way and they expect you to risk your life and sanity for a ridiculous amount of money that doesn't help pay your bills.
Pros
You'll meet nice people
Cons
Horrible pay, poor communication, and lack of feeling of job security
No job will be perfect. You will have challenging time’s anywhere. I was an employee for almost 12 years and I loved working at Abington. The patients and staff are amazing! There was a huge teamwork factor throughout the whole organization. The hospital was clean and all departments worked together for the most part. Amazing benefits and people are recognized and appreciated daily.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
You can only advance by earning a degree or knowing someone! No raises just the 2% across the board every few years. Use to feel like everyone knew each other, we were a family and now it’s grown so big the company and its a lot let personable.
I am a previous employee of Abington Hospital. I had no problems while working for Abington Memorial Hospital. My schedule was flexible and benefits were great.
Overall fair place to work. Support from management to their employees needs improve to have better retention rates and employee satisfaction. Salary for job role could be higher
I really enjoyed working for Abington Memorial Hospital. The pay, benefits, and flexible schedule were great. I a very positive experience working for Abington Memorial Hospital.
I have been working at Abington memorial hospital for about 10 years. I wish they would pay better. People leave because of low pay and being understaffed.
I work for Abington hospice in Warminster as a nursing aide and although I love the patients we get the management sucks. Favoritism at an all time high and no room for advancement. They offer you hours for per Diem but no part time or full time is ever available. A part time nurse asked for full time and they kept saying they didn’t have it and she quit then they gave it to another nurse literally right after she quit. What a slap in the face. I don’t respect that at all. If I’m working close to and over 100 hours a pay period why not offer me part time so that I can be eligible for pto and benefits? A lot of use there being up things to management and management never address them so we gave up. Ppl are quitting left and right. There are no hoyer lifts at all and only one aide works there even when there are 14 patients.
Pros
The patients.
Cons
The job.
Great co workers Higher up supervisors not very nice Knowlegable co workers Learning facility No chance for advancement Very political Last min change to schedule with no notification
Cons
Sometime no lunch break or 15 min break
Very busy How to stick patients learning all different type of specimen Management was very good to know as a Lab Tech Work place culture was good Nothing was hard about the job at all Meeting people
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Short breaks
I am a volunteer for Abington Jefferson Health, so the benefits/pay/time off is irrelevant, but my answers are positive because I understand that I am doing it for free. I did this back in high school for around a year, and now I am beginning once again as a sophomore in college. It is a completely rewarding opportunity. The people I am being trained by care about what they know, and want to make a positive difference in their patients live.
Pros
overall experience is wonderful
Cons
n/a
Wonderful, caring providers and staff. Management tries to be fair, flexible with work and home issues. Good pay and benfits. Lots of chances for advancement. Would recommend.
Abington was my first hospital job I had worked . My experience there was great. I meet a lot of nice people and we worked as a team and we all keep in touch with one another after moving on
Pros
good salary
Cons
no free parking
Focus on new nurses, coworkers will gossip to management about you behind your back, dangerous staffing, especially on night shift, no managerial support for staffing issues, speak up about safety and they flip it onto you like you cannot handle your assignment, pay is bad, always short staffed, get staff shared a lot to other units, nursing assistants do absolutely nothing and management does not take nurses' complaints about this seriously but will hold a nurse accountable in a second if they leave something undone, very clique-ish coworkers, lots of micromanaging that cuts into nurses' bedside time, very difficult if not impossible to transfer to another unit unless you know someone, you're only as good as your last good day or as bad as your last bad day. Just avoid this place and find a more evolved health system.
Pros
cheap benefits, convenient location
Cons
dangerous staffing, micromanaging, back stabbing coworkers
Management was very poor have favor employees employees was never recognized for their hard work Everyone work very hard around the clock great co-worker
Pros
great benefits
Cons
could never take a break
None at this time only because I was just intern there. So to say what good our bad I can not really say. I'm not sure about management and what hard
Abington was a great place to work now they are with Jefferson before that this was not a great place to work benefits wasn't great along with hours however people were great
Pros
area
Cons
healthcare
Working as an RN at Abington, I feel as though the medical care provided throughout the organization is proficient. I would feel safe having surgery and/or being a patient there, and I have done so in the past with good outcomes. My biggest complaint is the poor benefits. I worked at a center city hospital for many years before moving to Abington, and the disparity in quality and quantity of benefits is striking between the two. Tuition reimbursement will cover your classes if you take 2 a year, short term disability including maternity leave pays next to nothing, half of my earned paid time off is banked into an account that can only be used for STD, so the amount of vacation and sick time received is inadequate compared to what I am accustomed to, and I've been there for 2 years without a raise (with favorable annual reviews). It is the largest reason I am currently seeking employment elsewhere. The most challenging part of my job (and likely any RN position in a hospital) is time management and handling patients who are unstable and/or high acuity. The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie that exists amongst the staff on my unit (the PACU). Despite many of the crazy/challenging situations we deal with daily, we can still laugh about it together.
Pros
Scheduled lunch break free from patient care guaranteed each shift
Benefits
I like my job it’s just the location The commute every day is such a long commute 45 minutes to and from work every morning is very tiresome at this time
Pros
Na
Cons
Make