ABIOMED Employee Reviews

Good company.
Post-Market Complaint Specialist, Quality (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 25, 2018
You can gain a lot of experience at Abiomed. It’s a good company with great employees.

I left because I felt stuck in Complaints, and the workload was too high for team size.
super pressure environment
Principal Reliability Engineering (Former Employee) –  Danvers Center, MAAugust 15, 2018
You cannot have your own ideas. Must follow. Like a cult. best people leave....people come and go and the worst ones stay.
If you have your own ideas you become a danger to your supervisor
Pros
compensation
Cons
cult like rigid environment
Business Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 13, 2018
I love working with numbers. In my current role I finally found a great balance in working on my own with contributing to decision making process at high level.
Pros
Great people, great management great environment.
Cons
Limited partking due to growth in staff.
Great place
Medical Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 16, 2018
Great place to work not as a temp overall people are great on differ shifts have a ton of corporate party's some supervisors are horrible especially the
My first exposure to Medical Device Testing
Product Test Laboratory Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 26, 2018
My first exposure to Medical Device Testing was a fast paced, intense learning experience. Worked with and for high performance personnel; didn't appreciate how much I'd learned until I left.
Pros
Top end company
Cons
Fast paced, high standards
Very disappointed
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 10, 2018
I loved working for Abiomed. I got along with everyone great. Never missed a day and was always at work on time. I asked a lot of questions because i was eager and thrilled to learn more each day that went by. I was let go unfairly. No supervisor or manager spoke to me about any issues they had with me or if i did something wrong.
Great work environment
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 18, 2018
Nothing to say, was under contract for an independent staffing firm.
No benefits or vacation earned. The period of time given to work was 3-4 months. In that time I completed the given assignment.
Negative
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2018
Very negative and micromanaged company. Lots of yelling from management, disorganized and unprofessional. Very high burnout and employee turn over rate.
Pros
Great product
good place to work, excelent supervisor and managers
Senior production / Assembler / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 12, 2018
i worked there for 5yrs, i left because i moved to another state.Good Benefits . a big diversity of people company growing very fast .
a typical day can be very busy start at your regular schedule and don't leave after 9 hrs of work.
Pros
can grow in the company if you willing to
Cons
healthcare not too good, a very high deductible
Good
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Sub assembly inspections, assemble and cut many different parts to build a good catheter, inspect micro-parts in the microscope, and work with blades to fix the molds.
Fantastic Place to Work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 24, 2017
I love everything about Abiomed, Inc. and I love my job. Unfortunately, my husband was offered a job he couldn't refuse in Albuquerque NM, so we have relocated.
Pros
Great People, Great Opportunities, Great Company
productive
NPI Lead & Medical Device Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 2, 2017
great place to work at. The culture at this company is a very inviting one. They have a great system of promoting from with in. They also have a great management trainning program.
Amazing Environment - Great People, Great Mission
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 26, 2017
I recently joined Abiomed - (we are experiencing incredible growth right now) - and on-boarding experience was one of the best I've had anywhere. People are genuinely nice and genuinely happy to be working here at Abiomed - people smile in the hallways. They do a great job making sure you feel comfortable from the minute you start. Everyone here is working toward common goal of saving lives one patient at a time, and you can feel that. People work hard, but it is not a cut-throat, competitive environment - it's friendly, everyone is working toward the same cause. Compensation is generous, though a couple of the benefits aren't as strong as those at past organizations. We are in high-growth mode, which isn't for everyone, but the work environment is wonderful. People here are fantastic - this is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Great people, great compensation, amazing building, new cafeteria with outdoor seating that includes heat lamps and fire pits, excellent training facilities for reps.
Cons
Some benefits aren't as strong as I've seen elsewhere, but overall great.
workplace culture
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 23, 2017
easy job, very far from home for comute , management ok , they not gave you raise, people good, making angioflex solution for valve, i did so many different job.
Amazing Company with a purpose
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 18, 2017
By far Abiomed was one of the best company I've ever worked for. This company had a great culture, they are not afraid to spend the money and invest in their people. They also invested a lot in Company events such as the summer outing, Winter ball, Thanksgiving lunch, and Christmas lunch.
Fast paced, dedicated team.
Tech Support Specialist/Field Service (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 6, 2017
The manufacturing group was a solid, well run group. All focused on the common goal. Positive reinforcement, opinions shared, input appreciated.
Abiomed has become the state of the art in heart recovery, relegating balloon therapies obsolete.
Pros
Competitive benefit packaged
Cons
Middle management issues
Great company work culture
Pump Team Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 12, 2017
Abiomed is a great company where everyone is generally excited to be there and tackle problems regarding important healthcare products. It is a great place to build skills and develop as a professional as well.
Pros
Engaging tasks
Cons
disorganized role assignments
Great Place to work
Cleanroom Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 29, 2017
The job is great. Employees are also great, everyone is always in a good mood. Other than that alot of favoritism goes in to place with the management.
Pros
Minimal Supervison
Cons
Favoritism
Excellent!
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 23, 2017
The culture of this company is completely patient-centric. They are absolutely focused on the training and education of their staff and users for excellent patient outcomes. Customer service is second to none
Production and fun workplace
Supplier Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 13, 2017
Good environment,
Supportive and encouraging superiors,
Great projects to work on and open to ideas as well as suggestions of employees,
Loved working at Abiomed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABIOMED. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight