ABIOMED Employee Reviews

Great place
Medical Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 16, 2018
Great place to work not as a temp overall people are great on differ shifts have a ton of corporate party's some supervisors are horrible especially the
My first exposure to Medical Device Testing
Product Test Laboratory Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 26, 2018
My first exposure to Medical Device Testing was a fast paced, intense learning experience. Worked with and for high performance personnel; didn't appreciate how much I'd learned until I left.
Pros
Top end company
Cons
Fast paced, high standards
Very disappointed
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 10, 2018
I loved working for Abiomed. I got along with everyone great. Never missed a day and was always at work on time. I asked a lot of questions because i was eager and thrilled to learn more each day that went by. I was let go unfairly. No supervisor or manager spoke to me about any issues they had with me or if i did something wrong.
Negative
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2018
Very negative and micromanaged company. Lots of yelling from management, disorganized and unprofessional. Very high burnout and employee turn over rate.
Pros
Great product
good place to work, excelent supervisor and managers
Senior production / Assembler / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 12, 2018
i worked there for 5yrs, i left because i moved to another state.Good Benefits . a big diversity of people company growing very fast .
a typical day can be very busy start at your regular schedule and don't leave after 9 hrs of work.
Pros
can grow in the company if you willing to
Cons
healthcare not too good, a very high deductible
Good
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Sub assembly inspections, assemble and cut many different parts to build a good catheter, inspect micro-parts in the microscope, and work with blades to fix the molds.
Fantastic Place to Work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 24, 2017
I love everything about Abiomed, Inc. and I love my job. Unfortunately, my husband was offered a job he couldn't refuse in Albuquerque NM, so we have relocated.
Pros
Great People, Great Opportunities, Great Company
productive
NPI Lead & Medical Device Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 2, 2017
great place to work at. The culture at this company is a very inviting one. They have a great system of promoting from with in. They also have a great management trainning program.
Amazing Environment - Great People, Great Mission
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 26, 2017
I recently joined Abiomed - (we are experiencing incredible growth right now) - and on-boarding experience was one of the best I've had anywhere. People are genuinely nice and genuinely happy to be working here at Abiomed - people smile in the hallways. They do a great job making sure you feel comfortable from the minute you start. Everyone here is working toward common goal of saving lives one patient at a time, and you can feel that. People work hard, but it is not a cut-throat, competitive environment - it's friendly, everyone is working toward the same cause. Compensation is generous, though a couple of the benefits aren't as strong as those at past organizations. We are in high-growth mode, which isn't for everyone, but the work environment is wonderful. People here are fantastic - this is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Great people, great compensation, amazing building, new cafeteria with outdoor seating that includes heat lamps and fire pits, excellent training facilities for reps.
Cons
Some benefits aren't as strong as I've seen elsewhere, but overall great.
workplace culture
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 23, 2017
easy job, very far from home for comute , management ok , they not gave you raise, people good, making angioflex solution for valve, i did so many different job.
Amazing Company with a purpose
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 18, 2017
By far Abiomed was one of the best company I've ever worked for. This company had a great culture, they are not afraid to spend the money and invest in their people. They also invested a lot in Company events such as the summer outing, Winter ball, Thanksgiving lunch, and Christmas lunch.
Fast paced, dedicated team.
Tech Support Specialist/Field Service (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 6, 2017
The manufacturing group was a solid, well run group. All focused on the common goal. Positive reinforcement, opinions shared, input appreciated.
Abiomed has become the state of the art in heart recovery, relegating balloon therapies obsolete.
Pros
Competitive benefit packaged
Cons
Middle management issues
Great company work culture
Pump Team Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 12, 2017
Abiomed is a great company where everyone is generally excited to be there and tackle problems regarding important healthcare products. It is a great place to build skills and develop as a professional as well.
Pros
Engaging tasks
Cons
disorganized role assignments
Great Place to work
Cleanroom Assembler (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 29, 2017
The job is great. Employees are also great, everyone is always in a good mood. Other than that alot of favoritism goes in to place with the management.
Pros
Minimal Supervison
Cons
Favoritism
Excellent!
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 23, 2017
The culture of this company is completely patient-centric. They are absolutely focused on the training and education of their staff and users for excellent patient outcomes. Customer service is second to none
Production and fun workplace
Supplier Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 13, 2017
Good environment,
Supportive and encouraging superiors,
Great projects to work on and open to ideas as well as suggestions of employees,
Loved working at Abiomed
Fun Place to Work
Supply Chain Manufacturing Coop (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 20, 2016
Management is Nice.
Exposure to senior Management
Team Building Exercises are fun
Very challenging and rewarding
Clinical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2016
Work day structure planning on hitting A,B,C accounts. Constant physician focus. No matter how difficult the job can be stay focused on what I need to obtain to be successful. Management Style good communication and allow me to be responsible for my actions. Team player is very important as in working with co-workers. Hardest part of the job is not having management support. The most enjoyable part of the job is winning. Knowing confidently that I am doing the best that I can.
great work place with good breakfast
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 17, 2016
it's a very good company, I worked here for 6 months and I really feel that i am part of Abiomed. the hardest part for this job is to test through the protocols, it takes few days to finished. but you have to retest all after the changes in the protocol.
Abiomed is a very different kind of company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 9, 2016
Most employees at Abiomed feel passionate about the company mission and purpose.

The products save lives, literally. To meet patients who are alive because of the products, and to hear their stories, gives me a purpose I have never experienced. It's completely odd to me.

The culture at Abiomed is one of respect and loyalty. Many people love working here so much, they are not even on LinkedIn! That is so bizarre to me. Managers really appreciate the extra effort employees make to help the company be successful.

My typical day goes by very quickly. I need to remember to eat lunch. Never a boring moment. This is always a good sign.

People who have a good attitude, and are willing to help anywhere anytime are the most successful. We are lucky to not have many complainers, which is a plus.

The first month I was here I was taught so much. My boss was very open to me attending the onsite training classes meant for other departments, as she knew it would make me a better employee.

Whenever I tell my friends about my job and what we make, they are interested and impressed. I have already referred a friend who has started and loves it here.

It's not perfect. We are doubling our space now in MA and in Germany, and with that comes challenges of where to put new employees before the new expanded office space opens and other challenges. Soon we will have a new caf, breakroom, office space, clean room and more, but until it is opened it is hard!

As a public company, we are often in the news, and our stock fluctuates with the market and with every quarter. Overall,
  more... our stock grew 137% which is cool since we have an employee stock purchase plan!

Mostly, the people I work with have the same work ethic, values and moral beliefs I do, which is important to me.
Pros
People, culture, strength of management team, openness to new ideas
Cons
It's crowded until new space opens up, co is definitely in transition with the growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABIOMED. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight