ABL Management Employee Reviews

Beware of ABL
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDApril 24, 2019
The whole experience working for the company and management was absolutely terrible. I actually loved the job it was my favorite but the company will screw you in any way they can. My hours were constantly short, they never fixed my log in so I could clock in and out myself. Any time it was brought to management's attention they'd check in the system and say no I have these hours for you. Well ofcourse they did cause the manager had to manually enter my hours. I wouldn't even recommend working for this company if you were my worst enemy. Just STAY AWAY!
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Everything else
Not a Fan
Vendor Statements (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 29, 2019
I took the job at ABL because I was unemployed when it was offered to me. I was severely underpaid for what I did and definitely underappreciated. I did like my boss and my bosses boss but other than that, Management was a sight for sore eyes. They would scream at each other in meeting. Absolutely ZERO professionalism in that office whatsoever.
Working conditions, compensations
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  York, SCJanuary 18, 2019
ABL management Inc,

The position that I am referring is that of assistant food service director in a correctional food service environment.In most cases, the ABL staff members are at the mercy of the detainees word over their own. This situation creates the "walking on egg shell" effect. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Lack of management support
Weekly Travel
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 18, 2018
A typical week at work for me is to travel to the unit on Monday. Upon arrival,I would talk to the manager about his or her unit and meet the employees. On Tuesday I would start my assessment of the unit. I would have a checklist that I would do. It will take me 2 days to do a full review. This would include inventory, food cost, P&L cleanness. On Thursday I would sit down and discuss my finding or concerns with the manager and give them an opportunity to correct the problem. On Friday I would do a final walk through and make a report to the DO. Other duties would include work with manager with special events such as catering, open up new business and presidential meals. ABL were purchase by Elior North America
Pros
Working with meals in higher education
Cons
health care, permotion
productive, punctual
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Midwest, TN,IN,IL OHApril 17, 2018
good place to work things did change with buyout, I enjoyed being on the road and taking care of problems as they came up.
Enjoyed the environment of working with the law enforcement teams.
I had a very good relationship with former Director of operations and Vice president.
Pros
insurance, company car
District Manager / Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2018
The company handled correctional food services, the company went up for sale and was bought out, merged with Summit Food Services, which took over all the accounts
fun and exciting place to work
Custodian and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCNovember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here, there's new job assignments daily and you get to see new face depending on your job title. This job also included traveling to other areas.
it was a great job. would have never quit,but got sick
Cook (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAOctober 9, 2017
it was just normal basic cooking and cleaning ofthe kitchen. i had to cook 2 non vegan entrees.and 1 vegan. tghen 3 veggies. a bread and dessert. my work enviroment was great.had alot of fun
Pros
worked alone
Cons
worked alone
Very stressful, Co workers backstabbing lots of gossip when we should be back to back since it was an inmate Facility
Inmate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COOctober 4, 2017
Very stressful, team members did not stick together, lots of gossip going on, there was no control over inmates, co workers did whatever they pleased.
Low cost resource
Corporate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2017
The objective as a corporate administrator was to meet USDA requirements of provide recommended counted-calories to incarcerated personnel at the most cost efficient method. The dietary accommodation was against my moral compass.
Pros
ABL Management was acquired by another company
Cons
too many to list
Enjoyed cooking and learning to deal withmore difficult people.
Dietary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, MSJuly 6, 2017
I was responsible for 7 to 10 prisoner. Preparing food for the prisoners and making sure that I could account for the amount of food we prepared. I had to learn how to show how much each plate cost to feed the prisoners.
Pros
I had to learn to deal with people that was difficult.
Cons
Being confined to the prison.
Not challenging enough
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 1, 2017
The job was extremely easy and I finished very quickly. Always looked for things to do. The meals were simple and the environment was quiet. It just wasn't for me.
Pros
Free Meal, easy job
Cons
No benefits
Catty
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 23, 2017
I felt the manager did not do her work and looked the other way when she should have delt with problems at hand. No one knew what their job responsibilities were because they were passed on to anyone that would do them. Favorites were an issue.
Working in a jail kitchen is stressful as it is, but not having rules, or schedules to adhere to was impossible. Inmates felt the uncertainty of the staff and continually tried to get by with anything they could.
Employees can not get payroll statements of their checks, company changes owners 2-3 times a year. Management spends most of their time smoking in the back of house outside.
Employee turnover was huge. Some have worked there for a year or more and still have not passed their background checks.
Management plays with your time-card to insure there is no overtime on a weekly basis. If you worked over 40 hours, rarely would they offer you your time on the next week, only if you caught it before the time was submitted.
Pros
descent wage per hour
Cons
Too much going on behind the sceens to develope a trusting atmosphere.
Not a place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 19, 2017
big turn over rate, Disrespectful director, not a good company to work for. I did learn a loot of good things just not a company i would grow with...
Clean environment
Office Manager/Cashier/Line Server (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2017
Maintain a safe work space and be on time and ready to start working. Working on a food line you must have portion control and speed and be polite and service with a smile
employees work together
Sr. Food Svc Director (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 12, 2016
Standard work day, lots of improvement would have provided bertter work production. Contract jail employment.

worked with what I was given.

had good co worker but not comfortable with them, because most of them were illegal. Did not like working like that.

Did enjoy the workers
Pros
workers worked well togeher
Cons
No good company to work for
all in all good company
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 11, 2016
start at 10 till 4 in the morning cook breakfast serve it clean-up start lunch while preping for the week serve and clean-up cook dinner take lunch come back serve clean-up day done 5 or 5:30
Pros
nice personel
Cons
locked in till they come let me out
Sr. Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 5, 2016
. Busy days most days, not hard to do but just a lot of work

hand a lot of Spanish speaking worker who could not read but hard working but made it work.

Management was okay just wish better training was available to make them more proficient. job did not in most cases did not offer better training periods.

good co workers for the most part

trusting higher mgt to really work the employees to make them better instead of just looking for production goals alone.
Pros
had a lot of hard working people who really tried to do go work
Cons
No good tng programs for the empoyees
You experience depends on the client you work for.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 30, 2016
They talked up the Job like it was goingto be the greatest ever. Monday through Friday day time hours. This is unheard of in Restaurant work. Pay was median. I ended up working 6 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day. I had no support from upper management.
Pros
If placed in a good location your quality of life should be great.
Cons
Client has ultimate power over your Job no matter what
its nice place to work meeting new people
Meal Preparer (Current Employee) –  Wentworth, NCJuly 27, 2016
have to be at work really early have to prepare meal for inmate learning how to prepare diffferent meal. the hards part in the job is when the count up really high. i enjoy working with mangement my boss is fun to work she show me different things in cooking then we have to clean up our area wash dishes and pot and pans