ABL Management Employee Reviews for Food Service Director

Working conditions, compensations
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  York, SCJanuary 18, 2019
ABL management Inc,

The position that I am referring is that of assistant food service director in a correctional food service environment.In most cases, the ABL staff members are at the mercy of the detainees word over their own. This situation creates the "walking on egg shell" effect. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Lack of management support
employees work together
Sr. Food Svc Director (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 12, 2016
Standard work day, lots of improvement would have provided bertter work production. Contract jail employment.

worked with what I was given.

had good co worker but not comfortable with them, because most of them were illegal. Did not like working like that.

Did enjoy the workers
Pros
workers worked well togeher
Cons
No good company to work for
Sr. Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 5, 2016
. Busy days most days, not hard to do but just a lot of work

hand a lot of Spanish speaking worker who could not read but hard working but made it work.

Management was okay just wish better training was available to make them more proficient. job did not in most cases did not offer better training periods.

good co workers for the most part

trusting higher mgt to really work the employees to make them better instead of just looking for production goals alone.
Pros
had a lot of hard working people who really tried to do go work
Cons
No good tng programs for the empoyees
You experience depends on the client you work for.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 30, 2016
They talked up the Job like it was goingto be the greatest ever. Monday through Friday day time hours. This is unheard of in Restaurant work. Pay was median. I ended up working 6 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day. I had no support from upper management.
Pros
If placed in a good location your quality of life should be great.
Cons
Client has ultimate power over your Job no matter what
food service manager
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Richland, SCOctober 20, 2015
The company is a contactor, your job is not safe as a manager, the company give you a great opportunity to gain skills in food service.
Excellent Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 30, 2015
Excellent Company to work for many opportunities around the country. The Executive staff was top notch and I enjoyed the time I have spent there
Advancement opportunity? Sure, but at what cost?
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 27, 2014
PROS:

Opportunity to advance.

Excellent experience/learning opportunities.

Pay is competitive to the region you work in.

Industry growth.

Prefer to promote from within.

CONS:

Corporate superiors often display incompetence and change the rules as they go; very inconsistent.

Show little or no value for their employees quality of life.

Benefits offered are unaffordable and poor quality.

Bottom-line thinking only, often at the expense of the employee or quality of product.

Contracted services may result in low job security.

Excessive hours expected of management to minimize hourly labor.

Corporate bidding process to gain new contracts is often incorrectly compiled and appears to display an incompetence about the company and their ability to provide the product they "specialize" in.

Company politics display tension through the ranks, trickling down into policy enforced.

Poor oversight of regulations.

OVERALL:

I worked for ABL Management for over 2 years and advanced quickly and learned a lot that will greatly benefit my future and I'm thankful for that. However, I gave everything I had to this company, often working 70-90 hours per week, exceeded profit expectations, met every goal, accomplished everything asked of me and was still treated unfairly by corporate superiors during my employment term with them. I traveled to several locations to assist other facilities when short-handed and was often given the runaround when trying to recoup my expenses. Corporate shorted me on my yearly performance bonus even though I was
  more... approved for the maximum amount offered due to meeting all required goals. An advancement opportunity became available and was initially offered to me, but due to my need to relocate in the region for my family they withdrew the offer, and later offered the position availability in a region out of the district. They certainly are not a company that takes care of their own, no matter how well an employee performs. The inconsistency, by corporate, in policy and procedure creates unnecessary complications and a lesser quality product that they offer, resulting in a poor quality of life for management employees especially. This may sound harsh, but I often refer to Corporate as being a bunch of inexperienced, and clueless children simply dressed up in big-boy suits trying to play the role of businessmen in a professional organization.

For info, I am not being forced out of my position, I am leaving willfully to be with my family which is more important to me than any job. This company fails to recognize that as being important at all.
Pros
See review
Cons
See review
A day at ABL
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2014
making menu's, payroll, inventory, hiring and training of new employees, weekly budget
good company stressful job
Senior Food Service Director for Davidson County (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 7, 2013
Very stressful environment. Good people to work with but you are inside the jail.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stress
Low company morale
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2012
ABL does not care about their people or there clients ; Not a good company to work for at all,
Cons
very low pay for what they expect out of a person
Review
food service director (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCAugust 5, 2012
Fun filled changing environment. Work with staff and inmates on daily basis. Always alert and having to be on your toes.
Pros
insurance
Cons
co pays