ABL Management Employee Reviews for Kitchen Supervisor

Beware of ABL
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDApril 24, 2019
The whole experience working for the company and management was absolutely terrible. I actually loved the job it was my favorite but the company will screw you in any way they can. My hours were constantly short, they never fixed my log in so I could clock in and out myself. Any time it was brought to management's attention they'd check in the system and say no I have these hours for you. Well ofcourse they did cause the manager had to manually enter my hours. I wouldn't even recommend working for this company if you were my worst enemy. Just STAY AWAY!
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Everything else
Catty
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 23, 2017
I felt the manager did not do her work and looked the other way when she should have delt with problems at hand. No one knew what their job responsibilities were because they were passed on to anyone that would do them. Favorites were an issue.
Working in a jail kitchen is stressful as it is, but not having rules, or schedules to adhere to was impossible. Inmates felt the uncertainty of the staff and continually tried to get by with anything they could.
Employees can not get payroll statements of their checks, company changes owners 2-3 times a year. Management spends most of their time smoking in the back of house outside.
Employee turnover was huge. Some have worked there for a year or more and still have not passed their background checks.
Management plays with your time-card to insure there is no overtime on a weekly basis. If you worked over 40 hours, rarely would they offer you your time on the next week, only if you caught it before the time was submitted.
Pros
descent wage per hour
Cons
Too much going on behind the sceens to develope a trusting atmosphere.
Not organized
kitchen supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 3, 2015
Company isn't organized. We work a shift without a lunch break. There are some different kinds of people in this place. They serve so interesting foods there.
Was Enjoyable but a little crazy
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 31, 2013
Working For ABL was fun at time and other stressful. I was only an hourly worker but it was my responsibility to make sure that the inmates working in the kitchen didnt attack anyone, tried t steal or sneak food, poison the food, and that we feed the entire compound population of the facility. what made it stressful was just working around 15 - 20 inmates everyday
productive
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, TXAugust 31, 2013
Learned a lot from the position, Had great fellow works, that trained me. I really have to say, it was a great learning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare
I have the greatest manager I like working for her and ABL
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2013
I have nothing but good to say about my managers and ABL. Having to get up at 1:30am is hard my coworkers great we look out for each other. I pull the food for the inmates and make sure they can cook and get the meals ready on time.
Cons
where i live the pay is not that great
Lead Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 26, 2012
Continuly working.
A lot about inmates.
Fairly good.
They come and go.
Keeping an eye on everybody and everything.
Conducting meeting and talking with other supervisors.
Kitchen Manager
ABL Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk City JailAugust 9, 2012
Its about the inmates and making sure they are served. Its like working under pressure all day.
Pros
its a job
Cons
locked in all