ABL Management Employee Reviews for Lead Cook

2.6Job Security & Advancement
Productive work place
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is getting all inmate trustees on queue with their duties for the day while unlocking different areas of the facility so inmates are able to get what is needed for breakfast and Lunch. Shakedowns of the facility are also administered before, during, and after my shift begins making sure there is no theft or dangerous items hidden to be ate or used to harm an individual.
I have learned to not be biased against any inmate and treat them all the same while talking with them to better their ways of life for themselves.
Standing beside my fellow co-workers when decisions are made is something I do on a daily basis showing the inmates they are unable to break the control we have when it comes to making sure the inmates are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities.
The hardest part of this job is repeating daily duties to new trustees almost on a daily basis in which makes the job not challenging enough for myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the trustees for who they really are considering the fact that most of them have an addiction and while held in facility they are as sober.
Pros
Free Meals, Great Co-Workers, Friendly Deputies
Cons
Health Care Benefits, Not Challenging Enough
A day @abl mang.
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  sprinfield tn 37172August 29, 2013
ABL was ok for a little while .the mangmt is bad six mangers in one yr and a half .The inmates that I mange was good workers for me. they all had their own area of work to do.I would cook clean help with orders produce take temps .I was always around to do what ever needed to be done . at the end of the day everything is done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks different mangers different rules
Cleveland County Intention center
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCDecember 7, 2012
I worked at the Cleveland County Jail. I worked in the kitchen with inmates supervising them on preparing the food.
Pros
the hours was great
Cons
being locked in at all times
ABL is the best job i've ever had.
Cook Supervisor (Emanuel County Jail) (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GADecember 4, 2012
Once i clocked in i would check menu and call trustees to come to kitchen. Would make a list of everything that needed to be cooked for that meal and all prep for the next two days. Did all my paperwork for that day. made sure all trays, dishroom, kitchen, and coolers were clean.
Pros
good job, nice people, management was really good to employees