ABL Management Employee Review

View all ABL Management reviews

Productive work place
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is getting all inmate trustees on queue with their duties for the day while unlocking different areas of the facility so inmates are able to get what is needed for breakfast and Lunch. Shakedowns of the facility are also administered before, during, and after my shift begins making sure there is no theft or dangerous items hidden to be ate or used to harm an individual.
I have learned to not be biased against any inmate and treat them all the same while talking with them to better their ways of life for themselves.
Standing beside my fellow co-workers when decisions are made is something I do on a daily basis showing the inmates they are unable to break the control we have when it comes to making sure the inmates are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities.
The hardest part of this job is repeating daily duties to new trustees almost on a daily basis in which makes the job not challenging enough for myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the trustees for who they really are considering the fact that most of them have an addiction and while held in facility they are as sober.
Pros
Free Meals, Great Co-Workers, Friendly Deputies
Cons
Health Care Benefits, Not Challenging Enough

Other ABL Management Employee Reviews

Not enough training for advancement
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 15, 2019
An okay company to work for, need more focus on employees development and training and better wages because of the job requirement and environment. This was and is a correctional facility which requires attention to detail around inmates at all times.
It is a job not a career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 12, 2019
No benefits, little advancement, this is a job not a career . Management changes all the time. Corporate office is never reachable. Insurance package is not affordable.