ABL Management Employee Reviews

Excellent and fast paced place of employment
Line Server/ Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Talladega, AL 35160June 23, 2016
Enjoyed working as a server for ABL Management. The cultural environment really makes the job even more enjoyable. The only downfall that I think ABL has is that the company is not as organized as I think they should be. Several last minute decisions are often made and I personally do not believe that it is professional.
Horrible place
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2016
Wages for office employees that are non management are ridiculous and insulting. Management is a mess. VERY HIGH turnover.
this company and its owners and vp have a horrible reputation in the community
Upper management manages its employees via email. - not an exaggeration. you can't take a bathroom break without sending an email to nearly 8 people in upper management
my personal opinion
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 17, 2016
My personal opinion I think for the amount of work the employees do they are under paid.. The company has no benefits to really offer you or its extremely to high.
Huge workload
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 13, 2015
Huge workload, busy fast paced environment. good place to improve speed and overall knowledge in different cuisines.
Not organized
kitchen supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 3, 2015
Company isn't organized. We work a shift without a lunch break. There are some different kinds of people in this place. They serve so interesting foods there.
food service manager
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Richland, SCOctober 20, 2015
The company is a contactor, your job is not safe as a manager, the company give you a great opportunity to gain skills in food service.
Excellent Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 30, 2015
Excellent Company to work for many opportunities around the country. The Executive staff was top notch and I enjoyed the time I have spent there
Great places to work not great upper level managers
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2015
Once they get the right people to work for them it will be so much better.I enjoyed doing what I'm doing but not with who I'm doing it for.
i love what i do for this company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2015
My over all review I believe the company can do better cause we always out for the summer. I really love my job. I have learned customer service and other difference duties
Very professional
inmate supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDDecember 31, 2014
Very professional to work for. Take care of their employees. They pay very well and treat employees fairly. They make sure you get enough hours and everything is organized.
kitchen Supervior
Davidson County Sheriff's Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
working with inmates in jail and prep foods such as lunch and dinner for their meals.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
shorts breaks
Company Closed
Leasing Consultant / Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJuly 23, 2014
ABL Management Company is no longer in business, but I am appreciative of the opportunities afforded when I worked at this company.
there really isnt room for growth
supervisor (Current Employee) –  elkton, mdJune 25, 2014
I enjoy my job because I work with different people and you always learn something new. it is always a challenge. I work well with others and I like to be able to help my coworkers I think that when we work as a team we get more done and our days go by smooth.
Advancement opportunity? Sure, but at what cost?
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 27, 2014
PROS:

Opportunity to advance.

Excellent experience/learning opportunities.

Pay is competitive to the region you work in.

Industry growth.

Prefer to promote from within.

CONS:

Corporate superiors often display incompetence and change the rules as they go; very inconsistent.

Show little or no value for their employees quality of life.

Benefits offered are unaffordable and poor quality.

Bottom-line thinking only, often at the expense of the employee or quality of product.

Contracted services may result in low job security.

Excessive hours expected of management to minimize hourly labor.

Corporate bidding process to gain new contracts is often incorrectly compiled and appears to display an incompetence about the company and their ability to provide the product they "specialize" in.

Company politics display tension through the ranks, trickling down into policy enforced.

Poor oversight of regulations.

OVERALL:

I worked for ABL Management for over 2 years and advanced quickly and learned a lot that will greatly benefit my future and I'm thankful for that. However, I gave everything I had to this company, often working 70-90 hours per week, exceeded profit expectations, met every goal, accomplished everything asked of me and was still treated unfairly by corporate superiors during my employment term with them. I traveled to several locations to assist other facilities when short-handed and was often given the runaround when trying to recoup my expenses. Corporate shorted me on my yearly performance bonus even though I was
  more... approved for the maximum amount offered due to meeting all required goals. An advancement opportunity became available and was initially offered to me, but due to my need to relocate in the region for my family they withdrew the offer, and later offered the position availability in a region out of the district. They certainly are not a company that takes care of their own, no matter how well an employee performs. The inconsistency, by corporate, in policy and procedure creates unnecessary complications and a lesser quality product that they offer, resulting in a poor quality of life for management employees especially. This may sound harsh, but I often refer to Corporate as being a bunch of inexperienced, and clueless children simply dressed up in big-boy suits trying to play the role of businessmen in a professional organization.

For info, I am not being forced out of my position, I am leaving willfully to be with my family which is more important to me than any job. This company fails to recognize that as being important at all.
Pros
See review
Cons
See review
A day at ABL
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2014
making menu's, payroll, inventory, hiring and training of new employees, weekly budget
Productive work place
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is getting all inmate trustees on queue with their duties for the day while unlocking different areas of the facility so inmates are able to get what is needed for breakfast and Lunch. Shakedowns of the facility are also administered before, during, and after my shift begins making sure there is no theft or dangerous items hidden to be ate or used to harm an individual.
I have learned to not be biased against any inmate and treat them all the same while talking with them to better their ways of life for themselves.
Standing beside my fellow co-workers when decisions are made is something I do on a daily basis showing the inmates they are unable to break the control we have when it comes to making sure the inmates are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities.
The hardest part of this job is repeating daily duties to new trustees almost on a daily basis in which makes the job not challenging enough for myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the trustees for who they really are considering the fact that most of them have an addiction and while held in facility they are as sober.
Pros
Free Meals, Great Co-Workers, Friendly Deputies
Cons
Health Care Benefits, Not Challenging Enough
Was Enjoyable but a little crazy
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 31, 2013
Working For ABL was fun at time and other stressful. I was only an hourly worker but it was my responsibility to make sure that the inmates working in the kitchen didnt attack anyone, tried t steal or sneak food, poison the food, and that we feed the entire compound population of the facility. what made it stressful was just working around 15 - 20 inmates everyday
I enjoyed doing my job
Food Service (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 4, 2013
Need a better support team. Need to visit the units more.Need affordable benefits. Need inprovement all around
good company stressful job
Senior Food Service Director for Davidson County (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 7, 2013
Very stressful environment. Good people to work with but you are inside the jail.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stress
productive
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, TXAugust 31, 2013
Learned a lot from the position, Had great fellow works, that trained me. I really have to say, it was a great learning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare