Able Hands Homecare Employee Reviews

Good
CNA (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INSeptember 19, 2018
nice, loving, friendly company to work for. A typical day at work included going from one town to another for clients. The hardest part of the job may have been not working over when they told you not to but the clients wanted you to.
Very flexible
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 30, 2018
Nice environment to work In. Very flexible if you have a family and need a working schedule they are willing to always help. Always friendly and willing to answer your questions. You will have monthly morn g meeting to attend, but other than that pretty good with your hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working one on one
Productive company
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Marion, IN 46952July 24, 2018
I started with the agency with 27 patients, and grew the agency to 250 patients. I learned every aspect of homecare and management process. State Surveys were the most difficult part of the job
Independent place to work and care for people.
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 27, 2013
A typical day at work was different for me every day, I went to different client homes and depending on what that client would need dictated what I did for the day. I usually worked on my own, with a nurse coming to check blood sugar or to do a general assessment. The hardest part of my job was not working closely with other people. I enjoyed the flexibility of my schedule at the time.
Pros
Making my own schedule
Cons
No stability
Home Health Care was an adventure
Home Health Aide/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 16, 2013
A normal day at Able Hands Homecare depends on the client seeing as you work in their homes. I have learned that punctuality is vital to homecare because you are on their time and need to be flexible to their time and needs. Since you are working in the patients homes you are working alone and never really see any other caregivers. The most troubling part of the job is having to make sure you get all the hours the patients are allowed in because if you do not they can loose their homecare caregivers. I love working the geriatric population when it comes to being a caregiver because they are very enjoyable to be around.
Pros
being in charge of your own schedule
Cons
driving from patient to patient without being compensated for gas mileage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Able Hands Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Able Hands Homecare Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?