Able Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
I loved working here, but needed to look outside the company to make more money. I enjoyed the staff I worked with, as well as every opportunity to grow professionally.
Stressful , poor management
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  HauppageJune 25, 2018
This is a garbage company to work for management is terrible pay is a Joke and they work you like a SLAVE especially the Hauppage location in the Allstate building nasty supervisor very rude and can't even explain things correctly ,
Pros
Cons
Crummy management
Very wonderful learning curve
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
Am able to learn and receive Knowledge and certification's and work in an 32 story class A office building Full of lawyers and property management attorneys
Pros
Learning
Cons
no advancement
good
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2018
very good i loved it i was fun to clean im very happy that i was able to work for there company i kept it really clean no dust or dirt it my way of life
Nice place to work
Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2018
ABLE Services' contract was terminated due to change in engineers decision to become unionized. That said I was an ABLE employee. I was released due to change in contract.
Mediocre
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work, not a great place to work. Not terrible pay, but not great pay. In a convenient location, some room for advancement but they're not serious enough about retaining top talent. Also everyone at Able is a bad communicator and nobody is an enterprise-minded thinker. It's not a workplace that rewards that.
Dayporter/Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2018
Great job, but very limited on hours and locations they can send you to. Wish I can get sent to a building near my house because I’m driving 25+ every day
Pros
Flexible manager
Cons
Work hours
Able Services Management
Local 399 Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 1, 2018
Able Services purchased the Hill Group while I was an employee for the Hill Group, so I really did not get an honest chance to choose Able as my employer. I was compensated in accordance with union scale, due to the fact that I am a licensed Building Engineer and have experience, as well as a member of Local 399. My direct manager is a very quiet man and did not engage in much conversation at all, on a daily basis. This left myself and co-worker often times confused on what we should be doing. Every day when I would arrive at work, I would ask my boss what needed to be worked on..most of the time the response would be minimal at best. However, if certain tasks built up and we did not know they had to be completed, he would get very angry and yell or avoid us.. It was pretty strange. The pay and benefits were good, but the lack of communication and direction was poor. In addition to that, there was quite a bit of office chatter and gossip which actually influenced management decisions, which is pretty amateur and unprofessional to say the least.
Pros
Salary/weekends off/Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication with Managament
knowledgeable and informative place to work with fun thrown in
Porter (Former Employee) –  20 West 60th StreetMarch 8, 2018
My job site was at Jazz @ Lincoln Center. I learned a lot about Jazz. The job was fun, fast paced at times and when no events very slow paced.
I loaded and unloaded trucks for events in 2 venues( The Appel Room and The Rose Theatre.

Set up classrooms and The Appel Room for 50 to 300 patrons.
Greeted patrons and showed them to right venue and correct entrance.

Cleaned and Stocked bathrooms
I enjoyed my years there it was time to leave.
Pros
Meeting new people, I had the pleasure to meet 3 presidents
Cons
no cons with job all the cons with the city
Outstanding work ethic and coworkers. Bosses are fair and educational
Utility Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Constantly learning and always something to do. Positive work environment with outstanding coworkers in amazing buildings to work in and maintain. Very professional with high expectations.
Pros
professional attitude and willingness to explain and teach on the tasks assigned
Cons
there are no "cons". It's an exceptional company from the top on down
Productive Place
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Really good Building where I was working. Had morning rounds check chiller plant check main electrical room and cooling towers including water softener. Get daily readings of blowdown, make-up, irrigation, lake meter, Large domestic and bypass. After that i would keep an eye on work speed for work orders and complete them as I go or take care of projects given to me by supervisor or tenants.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
good
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Frederick MDJanuary 23, 2018
Able is good to work for. It is hard for mgt. to place entry level people at entry level wages and not experience turnover.
The area Mgt. support is tops for my area and the work life balance is good to. They are good natured and good to work with.
I wish the employee benefits were a little better. Overall some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
advancement limited
Able Janitorial service
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Ensured accurate inventory and timely restocking of janitorial closet. Iimplemented computerized froms that improved communication with districts office to delays and stock-outs needed supplies maintained cleanliness of secretary offices, meetings rooms, kitchens restrooms and gathering hall. Cleaning and maintaining floors mooping vacuuming waxing stripping buffing and polishing
great company if you cant get hired anywhere else
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Depending on the location they place you to maintain, you can either have the easiest laid back job or the worst dirtiest job. They will pay you depending on location.
Pros
Meeting nice people from building that will offer you free stuff
Cons
rude, dirty people
Good work environment
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great supervisors best work environment coworkers were best never had to work with any bad coworker working with the people in charge was the best part
Pros
Great people
Cons
Wait for time off
Great workplace and management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 3, 2018
It was a great job for me starting out of college. Direct supervisors were supportive and instructive. Management was personable and involved enough to make sure that you could do your job properly without being overbearing. Pay was adequate, hours were not flexible but overtime was available on a semi-regular basis. Typical day included making regular rounds of the building and responding to HVAC/repair requests by the building tenants. Major repairs were handled by outside contractors. Workload operated on the "when it rains it pours" basis.The company was comfortable with slowly expanding responsibilities when you demonstrated the ability to fulfill them. Able operates as an outside contractor to different commercial real estate companies, so specifics will change based on which company owns the building and who they have managing the property.
Able Services is a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Able Services. The project managers I worked with were very well trained, very personable, and easy to work for. The clients we served were mostly pleasant to work with. Able Services ensured that the employees had the tools, training and the adequate number of employees to do the job in a professional, complete and safe manner. I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Professionism, proper equipment, support from management
good opportunity to get a start as maintenance tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2017
Always start day out doing grounds and then work orders.
there's always opportunity to learn something new, like fixing appliances and furniture.
management needs improvement
hardest part of the job is during turns/summer almost no time to take a full lunch break
always have OT and tons of OT in the summer
Pros
there is bonuses at the end of the year not much
Great company
Safety Manager and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 29, 2017
Able services is a great company. Great attention to employee success in company. Was flexible with schedule changes. Great management. Amazing attention to detail when it came to costumer satisfaction.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
No longer is in florida
Productive, efficient and flexible schedules
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2017
Cleaning jobs were properly timed so that all cleaning tasks would be completed and the customer would be happy.
Worked with conflict of personal schedule and great team members to work with
Pros
Low pressure and free lunches once a week
Cons
Better health care