ABM Aviation- DFW Airport Employee Reviews

Found 1,232 reviews matching the search See all 1,248 reviews
Horrible place of destruction
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
Never work here PLEASE! Apply for anything but, this company and ABM. Well, actually ABM is this company now. No good pay at all, no benefits, no vacation pay NO NOTHING. Very messy and the workers are horrible as the management. This is Low class to the degree. If you want to make low pay, no raises, no vacation or pay, no benefits of any sort, dealing with messy individuals co-workers and management, in environment of low class individuals well this is your dream job. RUN! I stayed for 2 years, young and dumb at the time. Now, I’ve matured in so many ways and have changed for the better to understand what is best for me. That was not one of them!
Pros
Non
Cons
it is a hard work company counts the most
Customer service/ lobby attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver COOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with staff, management, and fellow employees.
It was stressful work and fast paced yet desireable employment.
There were a few problems occurring and sometimes it was definitely
a conflict towards you. Some employees had never worked or interacted with Americans so it was new and very different and stressful for them. They were accepting just hoping to move to a better employment option the same as everyone else. I was friends with them all and that helped to get the work done the best. Just
people were exhausted most everyday as this was not easy work for
anyone and it was suggested if we took this job we would definitely advance our career and that did not happen.
Pros
a chance to work at an airport which is fun
Cons
you could be deemed trustworthly but it was just a difficult, stressful, and dangerous occupation and you just had to be 100% alert.
Alright for a temporary or summer job
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 6, 2018
Terrible management, didn't care about employees, sometimes didn't get scheduled breaks till END of shift.
THEN begged you to stay for overtime.
Which was the only good thing was you could rack up all the overtime you could get. But the pay was 9 dollars, which wasn't enough for nothing especially putting up with the upper management and their contradictory statements.
Only other good thing about the job was if you finished cleaning ur section of the plane you could help someone else or go sit down and rest. Also the Co workers were really nice and I would find really cool foreign coins.
But overall when someone new walks through the door. I tell them to get out as fast as they can because the job and the management ALSO the pay is garbage unless you worker over 50 hours.
Pros
Cool people, rack up overtime, some down time
Cons
Pay, management
upper management was not professional
Shuttle Bus Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2018
the people was the most enjoyable part of the job. typical day driver around the pilots. learned how to dispatch. my team leader was great but the management was not very professional. the culture was great. the hardest part about the job was lack of support from upper management.
Pros
no pro
Cons
short breaks, manager over my manager was not a god person
one star is too much for this company
lobby Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
since I got to work I got in place wherever the supervisor told me to go. coworkers do not do their job they just like to talk and have fun . They went to the supervisor's office and stayed there talking for hours every day. sometimes the airport gets so crowded that you get dizzy talking to and guiding passengers telling them where to go. there were times that I saw everybody thery corwded with me in the lobby and all of a suden I when I knew I was working by myself and nobody tells you where they go not even the supervisors.
this company is a mess, too many things.
Pros
lowest pay, uniform, helping passangers from all over the world to get dirrections and information.
Cons
managment, pay, no benefits, lunch time is short, and no teamwork. no comunication.
productive an fun work place with Arcade Computers
Bag runner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2018
when i worked at The Airport at Air serve i had a good productive work week an i always had something to do my work week are work day consisted of . going back an forth through the Air port an Transporting baggage , form one end of the Airport to the other .

because my job at Air serve consisted me of running bags an baggage for guests an people traveling to other city s . the management was fairly. OK at times . an you were always . expected to be on time an their was always . strict deadlines to fellow . especially If you . were . doing Payroll at night you had to make sure to always lock up the lockers an have the Money in hand .

all in all the hardest part of this job would have had to been the time an preparation. that you had to endure an responsibilities. and watching an monitoring the baggage Belts .
Pros
long breaks
Cons
places to eat an arcade games on Computers an far from Downtown
Airport Area
Passenger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2018
Airserv would be a wonderful place to work if had pay raises and advancement opportunities. Need good benefits also. Helping passengers was enjoyable.
Pros
Tips, Meeting New People, Exercise, Coworkers.
Cons
$7.25 per hour, Stressful at times, Upset Airline Employees.
Nice Co Workers, Terrible Management
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2018
Most days as a Cargo Agent Spent sorting mail and freight and getting said items to and from aircraft. Working here you do learn how to manage you time wisely and co workers are willing to assist. This job can be a good starting job but for the amount of work that goes into this job you get bad starting pay. The co workers are really friendly but when a problem does arrive that cannot be solved by simply talking to the co worker the management team isn't effective at solving the problem or just doesn't care.
Pros
Nice Starting Job, Friendly Co Workers
Cons
Stressful, Terrible Management
Paid the bills
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Working at airserv is just that, work. As long as my check was correct, I didn't have to be bothered with the rude upper management. There was no real concern of your well being. They placed you whee they need you despite your skill and ability. Tasks were gender oriented and this caused lack of improvement and the ability to grow. Nothing is done about the rude and disrespectful co-workers either. There are no repercussions for insubordinate behavior towards lower management only if upper management was affected was there a change made.
Good Positon
Security Supervisor AOA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 24, 2018
Great place to work but very long hours. Minimum hours are 10.00 per shift. If there were any delays or mishaps be the airlines then you are most-likely obligated to stay. Lunch expensive but your hours put in made up for it unless you bring your own lunch. The pay was okay, at first it is low but within six months depending on your work, you got a raise.
Pros
A lot of Hours
Cons
Long Hours +10

Want to know more about ABM Aviation- DFW Airport?

Ask a question
Decent entry to ware house jobs
Acceptance Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2018
started out pretty great, fun people to work with, decent environment good skills. After a time the good people either left or changed shifts and the quality of new hires was abysmal. management also fell when better jobs became available for them elsewhere and the new management came to power. they were power hungry, mean people, who worked hard for their 13$/hr. Ultimately I left because of the stress they produced, and the quality of my life improved, my GPA went up a full 1.5 points over the next few semesters. not a place for students that is for sure
Pros
decent over time, night shifts available
Cons
high stress, high security, cutthroat airport staff
Terrible Management
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2018
Management was terrible but there was a good workplace culture with lots of diversity and family like vibe but I believe that was specific to my team. It could be really slow paced and there was a lot of waiting for incoming flights to land but it gave time to explore and get well acquainted with the rest of the airport.
Pros
Freedom, diversity
AirServ is a great place to work
Ramp Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 24, 2018
I worked at AirServ in Dulles, VA. Within six months of working there they made me Lead Ramp Ambassador. I've gained management experience by maintaining employee files, delegating ramp locations for employees to work, conducting team meetings, and submitting payroll hours.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Trouble commuting to work, not enough pay for the cost of living
Sometime productive
Passenger Service Agent/Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Don't have anything positive to say about this company
But I would not recommend my family or friends to work for this company at all I was not pleased with the management and overall no advancement in the company
Cons
Short breaks pay rate healthcare no advancement in the company
work force
Cabin Cleaner Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 28, 2018
This is a good company, but there are many different cultures, it is difficult to understand at times. I enjoyed my time working there. The teamwork could improve. I would still be working there but i had to relocate for family reasons.
horrible company
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
this job should only be and I mean only be a temporary job. the hours are decent, the pay is horrible, the management is horrible and the work environment is stressful. be prepared to work like a dog. you will be given 0 respect from your co-workers to the passengers.
Pros
Cons
everything
Experienced a lot of new things
bush intercontinental airport (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
I'll serve is a good job it can also help you pursue your career and dreams and open the doors for you also liked it breaking with my employees everybody was in a calm Manner and professional the reason of me leaving this job was because of my living situation and in the process of me doing that I lost my badge to Air Serv
Pros
You got a lot of benefits
Cons
Never lose your badge
Good for younger generation
Airline Passenger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 19, 2018
It was a great job right out of high school I made good money and saw a lot of new things working at an International airport. I would recommend it to 20’s and under
Pros
Good money and atmosphere
Cons
Bad management
Advice to management
Wheelchair Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 6, 2018
Advice to Management

Treat all your employees fairly. Happy staff yields happy patients and a productive environment. If there are continuous complaints against a manager, then address it, don't chose sides in favor of the manager. If a management has an issue with a employee, address it, don't chose sides with the nurse. With techs, they are always the fall guy because the common belief is that they are expendable and everyone else is of more
Pros
celebrities at the airport
Cons
management pick and choose who gets OVERTIME
need help
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2018
Airserv needs more understanding people management needs to listen more to there workers. Airserv needs to pay 13.00 14.00 $ a hours for all the hard work that the employees have to put up with .airserv been getting over for years now they need to be stopped and asked questions about the business they're running untied cant even deal with airserv at times hard work less pay step the game up make it a better place to work.