ABM Aviation- DFW Airport Employee Reviews

Found 1,232 reviews matching the search See all 1,248 reviews
sometimes you discover you really like a job after the fact
Cargo specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2019
delta took over freight from Air-serve who had a contract now they assist passengers and clean cabins on the planes, we were laid off during the great recession. The freight built was mostly high dollar value items shipped internationally, some times loved ones who had passed and were being returned home, pets exhibits etc Dubai, Japan ...
Don't need experience. The company train you
Cabin Agent (Former Employee) –  Jf Kennedy Ap, NYJanuary 16, 2019
Drug test is neccessary
Need to complete job in 5 minutes
Overwhelming and unorganized
Passenger Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
ABM was very unorganized and they treated their employees very poorly. They barely give hours but when their is a problem with the flight service they have mandatory overtime which is unfair to the employees.
Pros
tips
Cons
Barely work hours, Does not look at after employees, Unorganized
The workplace was a little stressful.
bus driver (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 11, 2019
The job was ok but it could of of been a little more attentive to their workers and a little more flexibility. The buses could of better equipped. The managers were a little harsh.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Sometimes not enough breaks
Run far away
Aircraf Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 5, 2019
ABM is not a place you should want to work at, no respect to workers nor supervisor. You get suspended for just using the rest room. No breaks no assistant if you short staff
Pros
Over time
Cons
short breaks
I loved working at the airport
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2018
This company is not the name of any of the companies I worked for, had company turnovers twice while I worked there. Management was the worse part of the job back then.
work force
Cabin Cleaner Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 28, 2018
This is a good company, but there are many different cultures, it is difficult to understand at times. I enjoyed my time working there. The teamwork could improve. I would still be working there but i had to relocate for family reasons.
Na
CCA (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 21, 2018
good job , boring its not fun to be there. Management is terrible, coworkers act like managers which is terrible. Management is worst, pay is 7.25/hr.
It was fun
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  O'hare International Airport, ILDecember 16, 2018
it was fun because all you worked in the airport and you got all the restaurant and you could pick choose with you wanna eat for lunch and it easy. just alot walking
Pros
meeting people
Cons
alot walking
Fun place to work
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2018
The company is okay to work for, there really good people there. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs a job. I like working holidays also
hard working organization with limited resources.
Aircraft Engineer (Current Employee) –  Entebbe, EbbDecember 8, 2018
Enthusiastic bunch of people who love what they do,
Boat cruise done once in a while,
End of the year party very enjoyable,
we have small volleyball team,
Pros
maternity leaves, housing allowance, free meal day or when working extra hours or performing special work, safety shoes, uniforms, health care...etc
Cons
mission statement / visions, company owner / share holders are not known, overtimes compensated for by days off, no duty time limitation for engineers, ...etc
cool job
Lavatory Driver (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2018
great hours, pay was fair for the job you had to do. free lunch and discount on plane tickets. free parking too........................................
Alright for a temporary or summer job
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 6, 2018
Terrible management, didn't care about employees, sometimes didn't get scheduled breaks till END of shift.
THEN begged you to stay for overtime.
Which was the only good thing was you could rack up all the overtime you could get. But the pay was 9 dollars, which wasn't enough for nothing especially putting up with the upper management and their contradictory statements.
Only other good thing about the job was if you finished cleaning ur section of the plane you could help someone else or go sit down and rest. Also the Co workers were really nice and I would find really cool foreign coins.
But overall when someone new walks through the door. I tell them to get out as fast as they can because the job and the management ALSO the pay is garbage unless you worker over 50 hours.
Pros
Cool people, rack up overtime, some down time
Cons
Pay, management
horrible company
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
this job should only be and I mean only be a temporary job. the hours are decent, the pay is horrible, the management is horrible and the work environment is stressful. be prepared to work like a dog. you will be given 0 respect from your co-workers to the passengers.
Pros
Cons
everything
AirServ is a great place to work
Ramp Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 24, 2018
I worked at AirServ in Dulles, VA. Within six months of working there they made me Lead Ramp Ambassador. I've gained management experience by maintaining employee files, delegating ramp locations for employees to work, conducting team meetings, and submitting payroll hours.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Trouble commuting to work, not enough pay for the cost of living
Good for younger generation
Airline Passenger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 19, 2018
It was a great job right out of high school I made good money and saw a lot of new things working at an International airport. I would recommend it to 20’s and under
Pros
Good money and atmosphere
Cons
Bad management
nice place to work
Skycap (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
Very lay back work. Hours of down time if not busy but it is a tip base jop so its good to be busy. Also it is very easy to move up because in my experience people came and went pretty easily.
Pros
lay back
Cons
low pay
Nice Co Workers, Terrible Management
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2018
Most days as a Cargo Agent Spent sorting mail and freight and getting said items to and from aircraft. Working here you do learn how to manage you time wisely and co workers are willing to assist. This job can be a good starting job but for the amount of work that goes into this job you get bad starting pay. The co workers are really friendly but when a problem does arrive that cannot be solved by simply talking to the co worker the management team isn't effective at solving the problem or just doesn't care.
Pros
Nice Starting Job, Friendly Co Workers
Cons
Stressful, Terrible Management
It was a franchise
Bookkeeper / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tulare county, CaliforniaOctober 31, 2018
We are not allowed to discuss what went on since the franchise was closed They were very specific about the organizational and daily processes that we could not discuss
Its a good place to work at
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDOctober 31, 2018
Teamwork was encouraged and that was the force driving the company.A very relaxed workplace that foresters teamwork New workers are highly trained and there is room for imprivement
Pros
Free luches
Cons
We had no health benefits